test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

player and pet best best fighting style pve grind

tranceloverguytranceloverguy Posts: 33 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Class Discussion
I notice that pets can also do aoe damage skills which I believe the best with healer class so I'm thinking the opposite which I also think effective on grinding, the player will do aoes while the pet will auto spam strong heals. I want to know if it's possible for a dark vampire to spam aoe's and the pet will keep you alive like a priest
Post edited by tranceloverguy on

Comments

• lamesquirellamesquirel Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I notice that pets can also do aoe damage skills which I believe the best with healer class so I'm thinking the opposite which I also think effective on grinding, the player will do aoes while the pet will auto spam strong heals. I want to know if it's possible for a dark vampire to spam aoe's and the pet will keep you alive like a priest

im 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% sure its no, pets cant heal as far as i know. inless its a new thing i havent heard of
  • Angeyja - DyosAngeyja - Dyos Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There is a skill for pets to heal their master/group. I dont know how its called on english client versions but in german its called "Wiederbeleben" (maybe in english resurrection? revive? reflate?). Anyway it only heals 10+10% of your max. pet HP. (e.G a pet with 9k HP will heal you and your group for about 1k). BUT you cant spam this heal like attackskills. It has a CD of 240 seconds.
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There's 2.

The skill Angeyja is talking about is Recover which is an AoE heal that heals the whole party near the pet.

There is also a heal that only heals the master called Persistent Vigor but I have no idea how much exactly it heals. Either way both have a long cooldown.
  • Wyron - LionheartWyron - Lionheart Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I would say the best class + pet combo for leveling would be whatever you're wanting to play. So long as it's fun, you'll keep leveling. If it's not fun, you'll stop.

Recover is a party + pet heal. L1 heals 1k hp. I'd assume L2 and 3 are 2k and 3k respectively.
    Sacrifice heals the owner a percentage of the pet's hp at a cost of their own. Percentage is dependent on the skill.

A Protector with a pet that has Recover 1 and reasonable gear is able to auto-attack through mobs, not spending mana, and only losing health they can gain back from the Recover skill. I wouldn't recommend this combo unless you're already interested in playing a Protector and have more time than sense.