test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blood vampire and divine priest healing/support comparison

tranceloverguytranceloverguy Posts: 33 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Class Discussion
I want to know the capabilites of these two class in terms of healings/support and what are the blood vamp have that the priest don't have and vice versa. I know they are both good supporting class but I also want to compare which has greater healing power(single target) ,the cooldown and which class has many healing skills. This is my second dilemma which of the two to choose.
Post edited by tranceloverguy on

Comments

• Faust - EyrdaFaust - Eyrda Posts: 922 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I want to know the capabilites of these two class in terms of healings/support and what are the blood vamp have that the priest don't have and vice versa. I know they are both good supporting class but I also want to compare which has greater healing power(single target) ,the cooldown and which class has many healing skills. This is my second dilemma which of the two to choose.

Blood vamp is usually the off healer. such as warrior can be off tank. if you want insane single target only healing, go blood vamp. their crit heals are epic.
    Trash will always be trash, no matter how well it dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ixthuaixthua Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3261131#post3261131
    I can add that vamp has much higher hp and single target dps, priest has much higher mana and aoe damage.
    such as warrior can be off tank. if you want insane single target only healing, go blood vamp. their crit heals are epic.

Blood warriors are #1 tankers at 75+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    A divine priest has divine shield. It has speed buff. And the purify at lv75.

Blood vamp can't compare defensive support-wise.
  • ba57ba57 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the blood vamp.. is the highest crit healer,,, the con is that they don't have the buffs the a divine priest has... and if u go for a healing priest from what i am told divine IS the way to go. I like my blood vamp because i can throw debuffs that take down the defence of the mobs enabling the dps... direct contact and casters the opportunity to really cause more damage..... have fun
  • iwoaxoniwoaxon Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Big heal numbers mean nothing when you're overhealing the tank's max HP. And chances are you won't wait for the tank to reach 1/4 HP before healing.

In terms of ensuring party survivability, Divine Priests win hands down. Blood Vamps can be decent DPS, though, so they're the party's swiss army knife.