test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

facing dilemma which class to choose, divine priest or assassin.

tranceloverguytranceloverguy Posts: 33 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Class Discussion
i already played all class and the one that i really like is the divine priest and the sin. but i have to choose one of them to be my main char. first the divine priest encompasses most capabilities. with strong heals and the shield they can tank 20 mobs in the same lv and use the soulforce to grind many times. i don't think a stoneman tank will last long doing that even with the help of health pots its still take a while because of cooldown and the health pots dont heal much. the alchemy materials for health pots also hard to find than the one on mana and the pots from npc is expensive and the food consumes a lot of time. divine priest also good in dps although not good as mage but they still hits hard. i even solo the lv 40 boss with lv 36 divine healer. with the strong heals/shield and the pray of human divine priest its almost impossible to kill them in 1v1 pvp combat you might just wasting your mana doing attacks. now on the sins what attracts me is the attack movement,the orbs system and the stealth but i found lot of disadvantages. stealth is not that useful because i still agro mobs and pets can be annoying for stalking players. sin cannot grind, they have poor amount of mana and health. so you have to find lot of ingredients for both health pots and mana. priests only needs mana and the ingredients for it is so easy to find. but i still like both and i cant stick either of them. so i need suggestion which on should i choose as main and i want to know their disadvantages and advantages from people
Post edited by tranceloverguy on

Comments

• Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i already played all class and the one that i really like is the divine priest and the sin. but i have to choose one of them to be my main char. first the divine priest encompasses most capabilities. with strong heals and the shield they can tank 20 mobs in the same lv and use the soulforce to grind many times. i don't think a stoneman tank will last long doing that even with the help of health pots its still take a while because of cooldown and the health pots dont heal much. the alchemy materials for health pots also hard to find than the one on mana and the pots from npc is expensive and the food consumes a lot of time. divine priest also good in dps although not good as mage but they still hits hard. i even solo the lv 40 boss with lv 36 divine healer. with the strong heals/shield and the pray of human divine priest its almost impossible to kill them in 1v1 pvp combat you might just wasting your mana doing attacks. now on the sins what attracts me is the attack movement,the orbs system and the stealth but i found lot of disadvantages. stealth is not that useful because i still agro mobs and pets can be annoying for stalking players. sin cannot grind, they have poor amount of mana and health. so you have to find lot of ingredients for both health pots and mana. priests only needs mana and the ingredients for it is so easy to find. but i still like both and i cant stick either of them. so i need suggestion which on should i choose as main and i want to know their disadvantages and advantages from people

First
    Forget everything related to soul force, it is ****.... You cant do many thing with that at higher lvl, For low lvl it refill fast so you can use it to kill mob. later it is not as useful anymore

Second
    In fw you dont grind killing mob to lvl up, more like you gring quest and dailie. And you are wroung about priest role, sure priest shield can tank, even without shield it can tank with heal. But it do really slow and low dmg. At hight lvl, priest might need 20-30sec to kill one mob while sin kill in 5-10sec.

Dont worry about pots, you can buy em with sould gold which is easy to get at later lvl.

Sin and priest are totally opposite classses, one is pure defensive support heal class, other is pure offensive suicide class.. No one can tell what to choose when your choise are them. there is a soo called class, that heal and kill (Vampire, and Bard)

Priest: everyone want you, you are cool, heal them, and you get into instance easily, chep eq to sell or to buy. Expensive skill scrool to buy and sell.

Sin: no one want you, you will need to find priest buddy, hard to get to instance without being good yourself and have good buddy, Expensive to sell or buy eq. fairly expensive Skill scrool to buy and sell.

EQ: gear
    Skill scrool : lvl 60+ skill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melniimelnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well, what do you like more? DPSing or healing/supporting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm LegionCuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    grinding on mobs doesnt matter. The important thing is that you can fill your role in instances. In FW you lvl by grinding dailies. Wich often doesnt require any mob killing what so ever.

Ofc priests are more wanted, but you should also know that they are pretty damn expensive, and nobody will want you unless you are properly geared and skilled.

If you are looking to solo PvE a venom sin is the way to go though. They arent squishy if you gear em right. Just wait until you get multilation and seed of agony and watch mobs die with 2 hits.

Its all about what you prefer tho.
  • tranceloverguytranceloverguy Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    melnii wrote: »
    Well, what do you like more? DPSing or healing/supporting?

I want my build in pure single target healing with quick cooldown and lot of mana. In short VERY defensive. if only the item to fill up the soulforce is available in npc for small price. Grinding quests will be quicker to me
    edited February 2012
    I want my build in pure single target healing with quick cooldown and lot of mana. In short VERY defensive. if only the item to fill up the soulforce is available in npc for small price. Grinding quests will be quicker to me

So you prefer healing over DPSing? Then you should pick Priest, Devine Priest to be exact, since Sins cannot heal nor are they support based at all. Actually, Sins are pretty unwanted in parties.

Devine Priests is the main Heal tree. Soulforce is pretty useless when you get to a higher level, you shouldn't let that influence your choice. Yes Sins kill mobs faster, but in this game you don't level up by killing mobs, you level up by running around, doing dailies. As a Priest you can just take a DPS pet and you're good to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Divine priest not Devine seriously >.>
    edited February 2012
    Divine priest not Devine seriously >.>

Ohkay..I don't even know what it means, let alone being able to remember how to spell it. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]