test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

wind effects/swaying tree branches and rain storm

tranceloverguytranceloverguy Posts: 33 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Suggestion Box
This suggestion may not be important but I believe this will add more realism to he game. I suggest to Make the tree branches sways from wind blowing the Environment will look more realistic. and I notice in the game that the trees are just standing likes a statue nothing moves even the leaves. And yet grasses moves! strange! and other is the weather effect that sometimes there's should be rain and rainy thunderstorm with flashes and thunder sound effect. Personaly what attracts me to the fantasy mmo games is realitistic graphics/ environment effects and giant complicated world design. I like the nigh-day cycle feature in this game too but during the nightime the environment should be darker and there should have sunset or early half sunrise that will make the environment yellowish. the surface of the sea should be lack of transparency and should have ripples. these will make the game more realistic.
Post edited by tranceloverguy on

Comments

• Varnania - EyrdaVarnania - Eyrda Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i totaly agree i play a gamer called regnum and its justt like that would love them to do the same her in fw as well
  • __E__ - Nyos__E__ - Nyos Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    swaying trees and winds i got no problem with, cause i prob disable them. The darkeness and rain god no. I always play on night time according to Server Times due to the time difference and I'd hate to have to play in the dark all the time. The rain part is already on just not all over fw. in SJ near jadegloss lake theres a swamp kinda area wer it rains. But i dont want it to rain everywer. Itll be depressing.
  • Heraldoni - IllyfueHeraldoni - Illyfue Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    While I wouldn't mind if this kind of reality was done, it should be possible to disable it. Some people don't have the luxury of owning a top spec games machine so it could cause graphics lag for them.
  • __E__ - Nyos__E__ - Nyos Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    While I wouldn't mind if this kind of reality was done, it should be possible to disable it. Some people don't have the luxury of owning a top spec games machine so it could cause graphics lag for them.

if i can turn off the day night thing and leave it on day then i dont mind. But im sure alot of ppl wont be using the finction as itll slow their comp down. So comes the question wats the point of even attempting to waste money and time on this wen theres far more important things to fix?
  • Heraldoni - IllyfueHeraldoni - Illyfue Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    if i can turn off the day night thing and leave it on day then i dont mind. But im sure alot of ppl wont be using the finction as itll slow their comp down. So comes the question wats the point of even attempting to waste money and time on this wen theres far more important things to fix?

I agree with you about the importance. Effects and bells and whistles are far less important.

However, I have a x4 Athlon 645 and a GTS450 under Win7 and still get graphics lag. Adding more effects would mean more lag for me so I'd hate to guess what it would be like for others with less powerful PC's. I should be running this game very smoothly with my rig so it seems like the programmers are not optimising the code to be more efficient. I have played Eve with this PC and the graphics there make this game look like a 1980's arcade game by comparison but I get no graphics lag in Eve at all.