test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are bards overpowered?

13»

Comments

• Yarilo - EyrdaYarilo - Eyrda Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    since when stuns and ensnares are the same thing?

I'm not saying they are, you did little to answer the question and instead pointed out a stupid detail.

I'd like to know what you were saying bards are supposedly immune to that they shouldn't be.
  • Kherahoney - EyrdaKherahoney - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm not saying they are, you did little to answer the question and instead pointed out a stupid detail.

I'd like to know what you were saying bards are supposedly immune to that they shouldn't be.

sorry for my childish question, and would u class dark bonds or blade of hypnosis as a stun?
  • noxshadow1noxshadow1 Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    sorry for my childish question, and would u class dark bonds or blade of hypnosis as a stun?

Actually Blade of Hypnosis is a sleep, and Water Bards are not immune to it.
  • Claryta - EyrdaClaryta - Eyrda Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You are forgetting the kiting abulity of bards..Which bard with half a brain would just stand there and take the hits..I mean yes you can land hits with flair next moment you are either sleeped or far away from the bard..
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You are forgetting the kiting abulity of bards..Which bard with half a brain would just stand there and take the hits..I mean yes you can land hits with flair next moment you are either sleeped or far away from the bard..
    aw what happened I thought sins are most OP and godly class that nobody can beat! :rolleyes:

and wait till you meet a GOOD dark vamp in arena, and see what it can do (not just 1v1), not your average level 60 inexperienced noobs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XDeadly - EyrdaXDeadly - Eyrda Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    dark vamps immune to slow :(
    You may not upload animated images.

da fuq?
    edited February 2012
    aw what happened I thought sins are most OP and godly class that nobody can beat! :rolleyes:

and wait till you meet a GOOD dark vamp in arena, and see what it can do (not just 1v1), not your average level 60 inexperienced noobs

ROFL dark vamps die so fast in arena its not worth mentioning they even joined the arena pt..if you cant kill someone then its your fault...
    BTW yeah dark vamps are immunto slow but not to mana drain and they need vamp form for it...aloso the vamp form should come before the freeze or else you will remain slowed..
  • homosimpsonshomosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ROFL dark vamps die so fast in arena its not worth mentioning they even joined the arena pt..if you cant kill someone then its your fault...
    BTW yeah dark vamps are immunto slow but not to mana drain and they need vamp form for it...aloso the vamp form should come before the freeze or else you will remain slowed..

you obviously have not met a good dark vampire in arena.

there is a reason why people call it the son of perfect world.
    edited February 2012
    You are level 60, talking to you is like discussing politics with a 5 year old.

What part of "good" dark vamp you didn't get?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    More like, if those vamps die so fast, it's their fault, their gear.

Dark vamps can get 40k+ HP while maintaining 400+ evasion, how is that even remotely squishy? A HP-built sin on the other hand has about 51k HP. An evasion sin would probably have same if not less HP than the dark vamp.
  • RandyHicks - EyrdaRandyHicks - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    edited March 2012
    More like, if those vamps die so fast, it's their fault, their gear.

Dark vamps can get 40k+ HP while maintaining 400+ evasion, how is that even remotely squishy? A HP-built sin on the other hand has about 51k HP. An evasion sin would probably have same if not less HP than the dark vamp.

So are we talking overgeared vampire vs undergeared classes?
    Oh dark vamps rule then!!!!!!!
    +400 evasion?Make a vamp level it to 80 get mist III all over your gear and re id your gear till you get +5 evasion....And check your stats to see if its 400 eva...
    edited March 2012
    You are level 60, talking to you is like discussing politics with a 5 year old.

What part of "good" dark vamp you didn't get?

I have a 70 kindred edge sin,57 human edge sin and a 60 dark vamp..i believe i know everything i need to know..
    Also i believe i pvped more than you ever will...I see you just afking outside AH all the time whereas i do all kinds of rift,1v1,arena,SoO pk and stuff..
    Only reason im lower level than you is cause i pvp while you do your henries..
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    +400 evasion?Make a vamp level it to 80 get mist III all over your gear and re id your gear till you get +5 evasion....And check your stats to see if its 400 eva...
    You're from my server!

Undergeared classes? Check vietstyles' gear, if lv3 winged purple arena gear is undergeared for you, then I honestly don't know what to say, you fight sin GMs often or something? (PS: you know what that means right? all gear purple, 12/12, lv4 gems in every single slot, to get level 3 wings)

Mist III? Why not Mist IVs?

Press I, look at the #1 in arena reputation, that vamp called Akiza. She's on your server btw. So am I.

You know, people I fight daily in arena. And funny thing, Akiza isn't even purple geared, but does have champion boots (from GoS, low base for purple though, but 6 eva on add).
    I have a 70 kindred edge sin,57 human edge sin and a 60 dark vamp..i believe i know everything i need to know..
    Also i believe i pvped more than you ever will...I see you just afking outside AH all the time whereas i do all kinds of rift,1v1,arena,SoO pk and stuff..
    :D

Do you realize who you're talking to right?
    That's Shyren's alt. Check rankings sometimes. We've been PvPing since closed beta, he was also the only lv57 in CB and there's even a GvG video on youtube somewhere. ;)
    edited March 2012
    You're cute :D 1st this is an alt for now, 2nd I PvP'd before you started playing I bet, and 3rd I did over 3000 arena matches easily (got 1000 matches achievement on 2 chars and continued after for ages, on both)

I que'd up and went to matches to almost every single arena session, yet for some weird reason I never saw you, neither on my alts (since my main level'd too fast I guess) and you say you PVP a lot :confused:

IR... hmm never missed a single IR...

Some ppl may call me no-lifer because I attend most of this game's events, it's cuz it's fun for me, and we all live to enjoy ourselves in whatever ways we desire. Some prefer to go to bars at night or whatever, I prefer to watch a movie or play some games, you don't tell me how to live and have fun in my life... so keep the "no life" **** insults coming xD

SoO PK? that's where mostly noobs gather, sometimes is fun but you don't learn much there.

Also level 70 is hardly "good enough" for PvP experience these days. Try getting 75+ and meeting the top teams and you'll learn something. Anyway I'm done arguing with you you can just ignore my advices when I only tried to help at start, I guess ignorance is bliss :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • icauseriotsicauseriots Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Just wanted to add my opinion as a marble protector. As annoying as it is to duel water bards they aren't that OP. If they aren't pure EVA based than all you have to do is time your moves. While regular stuns don't work the racial stun for prots still works i believe. Most bards are insanely squishy and they go down fast. Just have to have your masteries up and decent gear. Group PvP is even worse for the water bards imo. As long as someone is keeping them busy they aren't really a problem. Only bards I fear are EVA based water bards....now that's annoying. XD
    IGN:Fakie
    Guild:RAWR
    Class: Marble Protector

Waiting for the world that is Forasken!

RAWR!
  • Acier - EyrdaAcier - Eyrda Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Wow at Shyren and Borsook not knowing PvP. I don't think there is an arena that one of them misses, and most nights they fight for world bosses. Yeah they must have zero experience fighting people.
    edited March 2012

dont have to be overgeared. no purples. only 3 12/12. with def pet lv3 hp/ lv 2 eva buff. vamp mode activated. no priest buffs.

2tjsK.png
  • Varimyth - EyrdaVarimyth - Eyrda Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well i'm bard lvl 72 and i think this water shield isn't so good it can help a little but it isn't so good as you may think...in PVE perfect in PVP only good. btw i have two HP gems and lvl 65+equipment and my hp is only about 11k HP...so i even wonder how is possible get 20k HP...

I saw warior with +-30k Hp and he wasn't using lvl 4 gems and he was around 70-75(or so)

so tell me how is possible get to that 20k HP.

and against assasins only hp is good.

oh and btw that Water shield isn't so good it can give back only 9%(HP) from my MP so i need even more MP to be good. and after 6 hits it's gone..but it can be increased if i will use D chords ..but still it isn't so good ..btw i would be much glader for reflecting dmg than reducing to 60% of original dmg.

I said it before crit dmg from assasin on me was 8K and shield didn't help too much few hits and i was dead...so i don't think this water shields isso good in PVP..yes we need it ..is it so strong ? No
    get 70 arena purple gear/ get tier 4 HP gems X1 each item/ make sure all gear is +6-9/ ur water bard has just easily hit 25-30k hp >.> and became pretty freakin annoying to kill though priests are just as annoying with similar gear lol
  • sylwerdragon77sylwerdragon77 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I have a bit higher lvl ..so i have also more hp and with better equipment i will try get more HP with upgrading my gear :) 414 Eva..nice i want that too :) I think vamp has +100Eva buff so it is easy for them but what about poor bard :)
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Posts: 201
    edited March 2012
    The general problem are those percentage effects which just get very strong/overpowered the higher your equip/gems etc are.

- mana drain of water bards/ice mages (doesnt matter if you got 5k or 50k mana, the amount of hits they need to drain you are the same)
    - shields (priest/water bards)
    - attack boni (vamp form, wind bard, sin)
    - reflect aura of prots
    - hp boosts of vamps

and for sure some more effects that get stronger and stronger while normal fixed skill boni stay "weak" or getting weaker.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
    edited March 2012
    I have a bit higher lvl ..so i have also more hp and with better equipment i will try get more HP with upgrading my gear :) 414 Eva..nice i want that too :) I think vamp has +100Eva buff so it is easy for them but what about poor bard :)
    414 is just pet buffed eva .. i am not even in imp form or dark contract yet.
  • sylwerdragon77sylwerdragon77 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    :eek::eek::eek:

I have almoust every equipment 5+5 Eva and i have about 328 EVA, as Bard I think i could have about 350EVA ...no more.I forgot i have 3x lvl 3 and one lvl 4 gems.
    SO please let me know how i could get more Eva as bard :)

Pet buff (lvl2 skill - I forgot it's name) will not give you so much extra eva.

So please really let me know how could i get 50 extra Eva. I really want to know :)

I don't know if vamps will get more basic EVA or bards will get less but it would be interesting to know :)
    edited March 2012
    :eek::eek::eek:

I have almoust every equipment 5+5 Eva and i have about 328 EVA, as Bard I think i could have about 350EVA ...no more.I forgot i have 3x lvl 3 and one lvl 4 gems.
    SO please let me know how i could get more Eva as bard :)

Pet buff (lvl2 skill - I forgot it's name) will not give you so much extra eva.

So please really let me know how could i get 50 extra Eva. I really want to know :)

I don't know if vamps will get more basic EVA or bards will get less but it would be interesting to know :)

7 pieces of eqs that have dbl evasion ids(5+5+5), easiest to do are rings and necklaces(5+5 would reccomend to get one with crit def % or crit chance if u like). full mist IV, + talent.

deflection gives 12, gemlight gives 13.

350 is enough for pve mobs, if you want to pvp efficiently at least at above 375 base.
    Anyway, even at 400+ it isn't enough. The secret behind eva builds is you must have the ability to heal yourself(Vamps,Bloodlust Warrior,Bards) and have high resistances as a foundation. Else you will face yourself dying too quickly to accuracy pumped(champ gears with triple acc ids) DPS/vicious intented sins.

If you re-id + resale precise agile ids gears smartly, it won't cost you that much capaital. At the most, 15 diamonds are sufficient.
    edited March 2012
    If you re-id + resale precise agile ids gears smartly, it won't cost you that much capaital. At the most, 15 diamonds are sufficient.
    Is there a trick to re-id evasion? I'm having trouble even getting eva+acc, double eva is just a dream for me :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Is there a trick to re-id evasion? I'm having trouble even getting eva+acc, double eva is just a dream for me :(

There are periods where evasion ids starts appearing. Plus most people re-id their current gears, with fortifying transfer, you can just buy a new precise agile gear(v cheap on storm) and starts to re-id these new gears instead of re-iding your current eva gears. Once you got an acc + eva id, resell it at a decent price and rebuy sapphire crystals. Rinse and repeat. Patience is the essence, never ever spam re-id scrolls.
    edited March 2012

most of my sin gear stats are
    additional attributes:+6 accuracy and +5 eva
    identified attributes:+6 accu or +5 eva
    my vampire has a gear containing triple eva id but meh that gear is too low for me now..
    my highest char(another sin) is built too poorly defense gears and stuff ^_^
    PS-burned all 20 crystal saphires i got from rift to get those ids..:(
    edited March 2012
    Sins are still OP btw ^_^.
13»