test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Marksman Guide

RauI - LionheartRauI - Lionheart Posts: 37 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Marksman Discussion
Marksman Guide Recopilation

This is not mine and is a recopilation of all guides did something similar in PWI forum for Assassins.

THIS IS A PRE-55 ANALYSIS! 60+ is in lime further down.

Precision: This tree is all about (party) DPS, you have a 5 second mind flaying bullet and 2 defense debuffs, and an attack aura to buff the entire party. Later on its economical with MP regeneration and a fire of will which costs nearly nothing during soul catching. This is the earth tree, and sadly to say, majority of MM earth skills are bad or their main use is not damage. This makes earth mastery training have a slight disadvantage compared to fire where all fire skills are used in PvP. In GvG precisions role is mainly picking off specific targets. Their defense debuffs work wonders in making squishies more squishy and they have the highest DPS of MM so they can get what they need killed fastest. This tree is true to the traditional physical ranged class, worst survivability but great at DPS. 5 second mind flaying bullet is beast, i cannot say this enough, swift soul trap is the best talent in the precision tree. You want to spec attack attack attack! Getting hit usually means game over for you anyways so your best defense is to kill people before they get to you. 2nd gem to socket i would say would be evasion (cheaper) or HP.

1vs1 PvP: **** (** after 50)
3vs3 PvP: **** (** after 50)
6vs6 PvP: *** (* after 50)
Wars: ***
Bosses:: *****
Solo PvE: *****
Instances: ****

PvE Vid

http://youtu.be/smTGPsRYY9Y

Soul: This tree is the suck. Do not use this before 55+, even then i might stress to wait till you have high attack power and crit rate to make maximum use of Soul's tree. This tree is all about crits. Crit stuns, crit damage increased, and crit rate increased, not only that, this tree boasts the greatest survivability of all marksman. A stronger bullet shield at 60, a heavy accuracy drop along with an extended period with weakening cloud, and a longer fast action, which also removes slow and snare. Soul is heavily dependent on high base attack and crits. By high base damage i'm talking about 2500+ base attack. This is the ultimate 1vs1 tree, in GvG it's not bad, it won't kill as fast as Precision unless your soul discharge and soul snipe are dealing damage equivalent to mind flaying bullet (need super high base attack). But you still boast the best weakening cloud for GvG so for 11 seconds they won't be able to hit your team. One thing to note is that soul will surpass Precision in DPS when equally geared with crit gear, Soul's moves do more damage and crits just make that fact amplified with higher crit damage, its just expensive to reach this point which is why precision is considered the DPS tree for now. Soul just boosts crits much more than precision and Also, this is the most MP expensive tree. You'll want to get crit and crit damage gems. after that is attack and HP.

1vs1 PvP: * (before 55) **** (After 55)
3vs3 PvP: ** (before 55) **** (After 55)
6vs6 PvP: * (before 55) *** (After 55)
Wars: * (yea) *** (yea)
Bosses: *
Solo PvE: *
Instances: *

This is what he mean low lvs Soul
http://youtu.be/HvrGs9Emsi0

Burst: This tree is the most useful tree and has the most benefits all around. This has lead about 80% of all MMs to be burst while 19% are precision and 1% are the silly soul who trying to prove something this early in the game. In instances this is the MM people want, in war this is guy with the most kills in the rankings, in 1vs1 this is the MM that cries i'm AoE spec not 1vs1 spec. Also has lead to the common belief MM suck in 1vs1 which is entirely untrue, its just burst does the worst compared to soul and precision. To be effective in this tree, usually you must spec HP and defense to reduce your squishiness to be effective in instances or you just end up dying doing your job. its MP expensive in the beginning but once you hit 54 your MP consumption is moderated, with the use of MP regen food you barely have a need for pots in instances. For gems use HP and attack, HP being first so you can take more hits. Afterwards, you can opt for defense for more bulkiness, evasion for pseudo-bulkiness, or other offensive gems (crit rate/damage gems).

1vs1 PvP: **
3vs3 PvP: ***
6vs6 PvP: *** (before 48) **** (after 48)
Wars: **** (before 48) ***** (after 48)
Bosses: **
Solo PvE: ** (before 41) *** (41-48) **** (after 48)
Instances: * (before 30) *** (30-46) **** (47+)

PvE Burst Vid

http://youtu.be/Ss75uKK1fvc

PvP 3v3
http://youtu.be/Szo76D33jUY

Here is a new improved 60+ verison

Pure precision: the absolute worst at killing of all marksman. Instead you are an offensive support role. Like a bard except bards are defensively supportive. You increase party attack, lower defense of 1 target MASSIVELY for 40 seconds, (unconfirmed) can boost crit rate by 3%, and can put someone to sleep for 30 seconds if no one hits the guy. When it comes to dps, you are completely lacking dps moves. Aim shot is utter ****, not enough damage to warrent a 2 second cast. So you're main goal is to hunter's mark the target needed to be killed, then support killing with stuns or MFB. You also restore HP and MP with bullets maybe, so quick reload is a nice 8% heal (should heal at least 900 HP)

However.. The one thing precision gets is a 100% purge rate. You can completely dispell 1 person's buffs with exo bullet. Choose wisely xD but would be great at bypassing that priest shield if that works...

When it comes to PvE, you got everything ya need. MP/HP restore removes the need of pots, saving soul gold immensely. You have the best party DPS effect for single targets with your massive defense drop and attack aura buff, team up with a wind bard for massive damage boosts.

For solo PvE, you have a 2nd knockback move basically making yourself unhittable by 1 mob.

1vs1 rating: *
3vs3 rating: ***
6vs6 rating: *
Wars rating: **
Bosses: *****

Final note: its a pve class in the end

Pure Soul: this tree screams don't use till 55. But since we're 60+, this is the tree to be! Especially since wars don't happen anymore so now 40% of all marksman have become soul. Anyways, this tree has the highest burst damage capabilities. Burst of rage is insane with the damage it does. It really shines when you have 2.5k attack cause thats when it starts doing 1.5 times the damage of MFB not factoring in crits, which SHOULD be happening. Burst of rage is amazing at making orbs to get wrath and amazing at killing people when you have wrath. Oh just wait till you get opression to boost its base damage of each hit by 30% Soul discharage is great for bullet it gives you, its gimmick MP drain is a novelty at best, but helps vs protectors and warriars as draining 754 MP is alot to them. (you also drain 12.3% of their current MP but that isn't much unless its full MP). Soul resolution can be stronger if you opt for it. It'll absorb 1k more damage, i'd consider it just a 2.5k HP buff honestly (factoring damage taken) so up to you if you want to take more hits or not. All your attacks deal more damage, you have an innate higher crit rate, and you gain a 6/8 second disarm/silence (dunno if it adds on to a pre-existing amount or not) at your late 60s. This tree has the most versatile pvp gameplay, but you have NOTHING in pve.

Now then, you are a killer, you get wrath, and you kill who needs to be killed. However you are best suited for killing casters and other MM. As they have the least bothersome abilities to counter you in a group atmosphere.

PvE means nothing, but you have nothing to assist you in pve. While its not hard to do instances or bosses, or even quests as Soul, you offer nothing to the party, and its very expensive for you. In short, you're more useless than a water bard.

1vs1 rating: ****
3vs3 rating: ****
6vs6 rating: ****
Wars rating: ***
Bosses: *
Solo PvE: *
Instances: *

Pure burst: the fiery passion of burning everything to ashes lives in this tree. This is the aoe tree. This tree boasts the best spammable move a marksman can ever have: rake of fury. This move is amazing! Not only does it deal moderate damage, it has a dot effect, the absolute best dps 2ndary effect to a move ever. Its weird, such a move.. 2 second cooldown, dot effect for 5/8 seconds that stacks (heavily nerfed sadly, btw the ONLY thing nerfed about burst MM too), and 1 second cast... On an aoe move too boot. Soul discharge doesn't overtake its damage until you reach enough base attack to mitigate the bonus damage difference (i think you need 3k attack to reach that point) but anyways enough about that. The last quirk to rof is that you can spam it for 8 seconds with no cooldown. Its pretty amazing at wiping parties. But such amazing power of course comes at the price of having the lowest survival means. Our best means is a +60 evasion buff that lasts for 10 seconds or so. Best to have high evasion naturally to make the best use of it.

Your role is to hide. You hide in the back with cover and people ready to defend you. You are the mvp in wars. However in a smaller group battle, you have to watch yourself most likely, at best 1 person attacking the one after you. You must get a good position to quickly aoe. It puts alot of stress on enemy healer.

With PvE, you don't really offer much for bosses as you are meant for multiple targets, but some bosses have minions like world bosses. Solo PvE is pretty fast for you IF you aoe, but you gotta be able to tank and its a bit pot expensive but its very FAST. For instances, you are the best for just dealing with multiple mobs. Just make sure you can take the hits, there is no such thing as aoe aggro besides the guy who does does the most damage.

1vs1 rating: **
6vs6 rating: ****
Wars rating: *****
Bosses: **
Solo PvE: ****

Hybrid burst/precison: What's this? Yea, taking single target dps and adding rake of fury to it. The absolute highest dps output lies in this marksman talent spread. With the hunter's mark defense drop and 5 second MFB with rake of fury completely powered up spells a bunch of hurt. Defense drop adds to dps, and mfb now has a short enough cooldown for the epic dps chain:

Rof > mfb > rof > SS > faw > repeat

Of course in pvp, one opts to start with soul snipe where stun matters:

Rof > Ss > faw > rof > mfb > repeat

That is of course a pure dps output, you can opt to do some damage before stunning but that's up to you.

With rake of fury, you can aoe, with precison talents, you have the highest dps. You can fit whatever role you need too in both pvp and pve, the most versatile talent spread for a marksman. This is also the best pve tree i would say.

The main difference between full precision and hybrid, is that full precision isn't MP expensive. With hybrid, you do spend more soul gold, more than soul i would say because of how many more skills you use for DPS but anyways, you do have 3 options for 60-70 talents, go down precision more for better pve, down burst for cheaper MP, or go down soul for some pvp enhancement.

Also what gives hybrid an edge in instances is that you can aoe, which leads to much faster instance runs.

1vs1 ratings: ***
3vs3 ratings: *** and a half * (Soul is clearly better here but definally better than burst)
6vs6 ratings: ****
War ratings: *****
Bosses: ****
Instances: *****

I hope this update helps you understand the later part of the game.

Skills

Fire at Will
Level learned: 1
Element: Earth
Single target
Description: Damage: 100% + decent bonus damage (increases with level)
Cast time: 1 second
Cooldown: 3 seconds
PvE: *****
1vs1 PvP: *****
GvG PvP: *****
Overview: 1 of the 2 skills you start with. This is the skill you spam most in PvE, as it generates soul bullets while soul catching instead of using up bullets like almost every other skill. (more about Soul Catching in the next skill) In PvP, i find myself using this skill cause of its low cooldown. Best skill to spam for the sake of hitting, finishing a weaken foe fast, or wanting to get an orb out.

Mind Flaying Bullet
Level learned: 1
Element: Fire
Single target
Description: Damage: 100% + amazing bonus damage
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Overview: A move every marksman will say they love. This is your nuke, one shotting mobs the moment you get out into the open at level 2. This move has a 30% chance to start soul catching for 10 seconds, which is a self buff that turns fire at will into a soul bullet generator as well as resetting its cooldown. During crack shot time, the chance of soul catching is increased by 20%.

Invigorate
Level Learned: Low level Quest
Racial
Self Buff
Description: Removes stun, sleep, ensnare, and slow effect and buffs movement speed by 60%
Cast: Instant
Cooldown: 5 Minutes
PvE: *** (for running in instances)
Overview: The sweet part is it removes stun and sleep! This basically can counter any offensive racial skill removing the effect (ensnare and stun) Anyways, in GvG it is great at getting you away from a gank of a group. Good for running in instances for PvE paired with fast action.

Crack Shot Time
Level learned: level 5 quest
Self Buff
Description: Adds bonus attributes to all your skills
Cast: Instant
Cooldown: 10 seconds
PvP: You suck without this
Overview: This basically adds 20% bonus damage to almost all your skills, which add up at higher levels when your skills have more bonus damage. KEEP IN MIND!!! If you have ZERO soul bullets, you will NOT receive crack shot time bonuses in other skills. Using the skill turns it on and off.

Quick Reload
Level learned: 10
Self buff
Description: Reload 2 bullets right away and 2 more bullets over the course over 8 seconds. Restores XX MP over that time as well.
Cast: 2 seconds
Cooldown: 1 minute 30 seconds
PvE usage: *****
PvP usage: Never use in the middle of a fight
Overview: This is our ultimate soul bullet generator while not fighting. So yea, spam it to reach 20 soul bullets.

Soul Snipe
Level learned: 15
Element: Fire
Single target
Description: Deals 100% basic damage + decent bonus damage. Knockbacks 4 meters normally, during crack shot time will knockback 8 meters. If the target is cursed with hunter
by Tsukiyo
I'm sorry to say, but I strongly disagree with the assessment here. First of all, prec can be a fine pvp class - it depends on your equips, and your team mates. I'll go through each type in turn to explain.

1vs1 rating... I'm not sure how this was figured or what level it was at - but I can win against most non-cs toon (up to lev 1 wing) with my prec build (water bards + sins exception). (Currently don't have any 12/12 equips, and no wings still). A few strategies, but essentially, the simple thing is speed away before it begins, ensare, sleep, hunter mark, (the lev 75 prec skill forget offhand), and double shot. While double shot is loading, I turn on wrath, then it's exo, aimed, soul snipe, and mfb. My base crit is what, 15%, but with double shot/the bonus for exo/aimed, I almost always crit at least once. if soul snipe stuns, mfb typically finished them off. If not, then the next aimed does. To be honest, I've beaten some of the heavier geared soul mms on the server, if things are done in the right sequence. I'm not saying it's the best, but it definitely doesn't deserve a 1. ***

In terms of 3v3, I'd say it's ok. I like it a lot better than burst, because of the crits and 'burst' dgm. Prec has an artificial (doesn't need super crit chance gems/equips) to get a decent crit chance. That, coupled with high element dgm skills --> big crits. Typically I like using the cc sleep first, before chaining debuffs and double shot, depends on the other team's classes. You definitely need a priest though (which I find burst can do better without), which is the biggest drawback. *** (or anther half.. depends more on how you mesh with your team)...

For 6v6 - I consider prec decent if you don't cs/have a ton of gold... Single target dps versus aoe is hard to make, so I'll mostly just compare him to soul. The reason why I like prec is that it has such massive increases to crit chance. If I had 12/12 gears, full rages, etc. soul would be WAY better. But without that, I still do fairly high dgm because of the element damage when it crits. Half wrath, still doing 20-30k, enough to ko damaged toons - enough to make the other team want to focus my way. As your gear gets better, soul improves better, but that high crit chance with element dgm is enough to kill in 6v6. Also, in 6v6, I found that as a soul there's a high chance of being killed off, so loss of bullets. This means I would have enough for BoR, but not a double shot as well in the next round. Prec on the other hand could make use of it. ***

IMO, prec can make a poor mm into a decent pvper.

Now the above comments might've been made before getting the upgraded double shot. I do think this is one of the make/break skills that makes prec decent at pvp.

Definitely open to contrary opinions though, feel free to comment. Not to mention, nightfall probably made everything I just said obsolete, but oh well.

Was gonna comment on the builds posted - but there down so.. Let's move into eva talk. Now I think this is one of the things that you either love or hate... First off, I'll say prec isn't a prime target for eva (it has no talents that help with it really)... So continuing will be mostly about soul/burst.

Now I started off loving eva. I even did a special hybrid soul/burst build, to get me the -240 cloud, and the + 60 eva. It was also fun cause I got the use of an ok BoR, and ok RoF, which helped give flexibility - though it did cut down on my dps overall. I also tried a full soul eva, to see how it was. Overall, I'd say that unless you CS, eva build is not worth going if you can get a stable pvp team (exception would be going with a bard/priest team, or vamp/priest where they also have -acc talents). I found that pugging I could reach into the 2100 range fairly easily, but hit a solid block around 2200 even with decent teams. 1 obvious problem was sins and warriors - who could intiate before I got the extra eva stuff off. Even if I survived the initial charges/could get it off, I just didn't have the dgm to finish them off. I was using mist 3s + pet buff, and for equips, I was using atk/eva base, with 1-2 eva ids. This had a pretty big impact on my crit dgm/crit chance (couldn't id it cause needed the eva), and very capital intensive. I found the biggest threat were crits that did hit - often high enough to kill in 2-3 hits. Going an eva/crit dodge, or an eva/crit def strategy is fairly opposite of each other, and hard to do with pvp equips not iding eva...

Sorry, I'm not even sure how much sense I'm making, it's late and I'm just twiddling my thumbs while waiting for the patch.

by Dr4koe

Builds

Precision

RauI Build 1

Option 1

Build 2

Axym 1st try Prec Build Not an expert build so dont chew Axym she doesnt like it

PVP Oriented by Majinjack

Majinjack PvP
Lv 78 tree - focusing at pvp.
19056620.png
37384695.png
88782883.png

As i level up points will go into Absorption
Could also be put into Fissure but I choose Absorption..

And for 3vs3 you get a point into Fierce Impact ofcourse
by ILikeBigGu

Soul

Build 1

RauI Build by RauI

ILikeBigGu PVP Option
I use this and it works superb
http://fwinfo.co.cc/talentcalc/dwarf/marksman.html#/000000000000000000000000000z0535044043133202032300332201z300000000000000000000000000

You need the self blessing to pick orbs and get out of slow its like the #1 reason to go soul
and this tree gives you so many cool mods to play with

ensnare stun and silence is OP :cool:

for example a combo:
hunters mark - soul snipe - exorcizing bullet - extreme sniping - soul snipe - pulse shot
MARK - stunned 2sec enough to cast exorcizing bullet, silenced 5seconds - enough to cast extreme sniping - stunned 2 seconds, enough to cast soul snipe, stunned 2 seconds, pulse shot and ensnared for 7 seconds. and then u can re-do the whole process xD

I got 37 crit chance so perhaps soul snipe stun will work better for me but still its 50% even without a crit so you got a decent shot of stunning. and cool combos can be made without it too =)

gives you an extreme control of the duels

and for just getting orbs or pure damage and such you got burst of rage and fast action which removes slow and ensnare effects and gives speed buff for 17,5 seconds which is a long time!

Burst

Build 1

Axym Build by Axym

Warning if you dont use Weakening Cloud much dont add points into Discrete the 2 points are only for flammable effect

IMBALANZE 4TH Tree

I'm gonna post the enigmatic "4th tree" build

http://www.aesica.net/fw/?race=0&profession=0&level=76&talent=50503|5|0540504030023240502

this is burst variation though...you can be a 4th tree soul (no such thing as 4th tree precision :D)

I realised I had some points in the burst tree wrong though...besides this it's not too bad

you can't survive yourself with this build...it will be better if you have a friend to help you

basically what this build is about is reducing resistance and defense and stuff so your party can kill faster

Gems

Burst

Bloodstones
Solarflares
Ragefires
Fire Attack
Mistshroud
Eagle-Eye
Anything else

suggested by Axym

Precision

Precision gemming:
Weapon / Helm
Goldspark
Eagle Eye
Ragefire
Shattershard

Shoulders / Hands
Eagle Eye
Ragefire
Shattershard
Bloodstone

Chest / Feet
Twilight
Ragefire
Bloodstone
Mistshroud

Waist / Pants
Ragefire
Bloodstone
Mistshroud
Solarflare / Crystalline

Note- shattershards vs ragefires are dependant on your crit chance and your usage of "elixir of legends" and GT mentor crit buff.

Mistshrouds are a PVP option that is viable if you stack evasion in terms of IDs / gear choices for evasion. If you have low evasion, just skip mistshrouds and go with crystallines / solarflares.

Precision Max DPS rotation:
Hunter's Mark, Fire at will, Double Shot, Aimed Shot, Fire at Will, Exorcising Bullet, Aimed Shot, Fire at Will.
At that point, you fire aimed shot whenever the CD is up followed immediately by Fire at Will. If Aimed shot resets, then go right back at it. If not, you gotta kill 4 seconds with either one of these options:
Exorcising Bullet / Mindflaying Bullet
Mindflaying Bullet / Quick Reloading
Hunter's Mark / Soul Snipe
Extreme Sniping

Be sure to refresh Hunter's Mark as your top priority as team DPS is the key to success. Try to activate Cracked Shot Time for when you have Double Shot up and when you'll be using exorcising bullet between your Aimed Shot cycles. by Dahlf

Soul

Critic Chance
Critic Damage
Bloodstones
Ragefire
Eagle-Eye
Mistshroud

I thank everyone that have posted their builds aroud and I have collected them all here

Also if anyone wants to help I would like posts or pms on PvP section how to fight each class

Videos

Marksman Soul Catching and Soul Bullets
http://youtu.be/ZwMHUaZLZoI

Fort Rotulor
http://youtu.be/lFtZW6coTJA
Post edited by RauI - Lionheart on

Comments

• Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    While it's good someone is making a build post.... I've had bad luck with these and I feel I've been a tad misquoted... if you could just leave a little asterisk or whatever, footnote I suppose that my ideas are simply that, I'm no expert in the class or anything. I"m not saying anything is wrong, but I have been chewed out before by people who've spent money on certain things (in other mmo's thankfully none here) and I'm kinda sick of being blamed, especially when I have no data/numbers to back up my build, and have never claimed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • RauI - LionheartRauI - Lionheart Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I know Ive seen your posts, besides we re ex guildies
  • Ghundam - EyrdaGhundam - Eyrda Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    POST 60 GUIDE:

With only one half decent cc ala soul snipe, unless you have lots of money to refine gear and get gems this is the best thing to do:

Use your mm as a GL alt and go play a mage, vamp, priest or bard if you really like PvP.

To the GMs:
    Please please please go play mms and realise that the developers made a half baked class. By comparison to every other ranged class we have joke survivability and not that impressive damage with basically no cc.

For comparison:
    mage - mana can absorb damage as long as mana holds up. Can transform character making it unable to do anything cept run around. Has block for which negates all damage and if you are ice heals to full health. As ice has a phenomenal freeze rate and freeze makes yuo unable to do anything cept take damage.

mm - soul resolution at 70+ good to negate damage from 1/2 attacks. Weakening cloud almost useless post 70 unless you get to 400+ evasion (cash shop or merchant much). All range type skills useless because all classes negate range cept in case of bard who has super slow (mms can slow for all of 2 seconds wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1). We get a 100% stun on a 5 sec cast.....if you played the game you would know any half baked sin can roll you in 5 seconds.

..........too frustrated.

Point is mms are too weak! You like PvP? Go roll different class.
    edited January 2012
    ^ This is a guide, although I can understand your frustration, do you mind taking it somewhere else? Yes mm's aren't as awesome as some other classes, but this is to help people, not tear them down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IMBALANZE - LionheartIMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    why isn't my 4th tree in here? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • Ghundam - EyrdaGhundam - Eyrda Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ^ This is a guide, although I can understand your frustration, do you mind taking it somewhere else? Yes mm's aren't as awesome as some other classes, but this is to help people, not tear them down.

My apologies as I noted in the general forums clearly I seem to be annoying people so I will leave. I won't quit the game but since I seem to be such a whiner/qqer I will cease and desist. I have nothing more to share on these forums since trying to give my thoughts/vent my frustrations seems to be sending the "wrong message". My bad.

Peace. Have fun and good luck to all mms in game. If you on Eryda I'm actually quite a nice person and if you need a hand I'll try to help you out.
    edited January 2012
    why isn't my 4th tree in here? :(

there you go posted it don't know if it works if your using it should post a vid on youtube or what are you using now.
    edited January 2012
    My apologies as I noted in the general forums clearly I seem to be annoying people so I will leave. I won't quit the game but since I seem to be such a whiner/qqer I will cease and desist. I have nothing more to share on these forums since trying to give my thoughts/vent my frustrations seems to be sending the "wrong message". My bad.

Peace. Have fun and good luck to all mms in game. If you on Eryda I'm actually quite a nice person and if you need a hand I'll try to help you out.

Have you tried making a post in class discussions? I'm not saying leave the forums entirely, but this isn't the thread for QQ. But here I go again off topic, just a suggestion. I'm not saying your wrong or mistaken for complaining on the forums, it's just this isn't the thread to do so. Also, please bear in mind that the developers are in China, that means, that whatever patches we get are "old" so who knows, they might've already fixed the balance issues (or in most cases make them worse) and we just haven't gotten them yet. Also, tbf, little of what we complain about or say really affects the developers because they listen more to their Chinese fan base, it's just the way things are, sorry.

On topic: Thanks for the footnote! hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    np hope nobody chews you Axy, and I got what builds I could and will be following your Burst build Axym but with some modification since I think its a waste of 2 good points the Descrete talent dont use much Weakening Cloud.

Off topic could you Axym pm a link of your skillbar or a complete screenshot just to see how you got the skills allocated on hotbar
  • Dahlf - Storm LegionDahlf - Storm Legion Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Precision PVE build:
    http://fwinfo.co.cc/talentcalc/dwarf/marksman.html#/555534340024000330203302230z0000000000000000000000000000z000000000000000000000000000

Precision gemming:
    Weapon / Helm
    Goldspark
    Eagle Eye
    Ragefire
    Shattershard

Shoulders / Hands
    Eagle Eye
    Ragefire
    Shattershard
    Bloodstone

Chest / Feet
    Twilight
    Ragefire
    Bloodstone
    Mistshroud

Waist / Pants
    Ragefire
    Bloodstone
    Mistshroud
    Solarflare / Crystalline

Note- shattershards vs ragefires are dependant on your crit chance and your usage of "elixir of legends" and GT mentor crit buff.

Mistshrouds are a PVP option that is viable if you stack evasion in terms of IDs / gear choices for evasion. If you have low evasion, just skip mistshrouds and go with crystallines / solarflares.

Precision Max DPS rotation:
    Hunter's Mark, Fire at will, Double Shot, Aimed Shot, Fire at Will, Exorcising Bullet, Aimed Shot, Fire at Will.
    At that point, you fire aimed shot whenever the CD is up followed immediately by Fire at Will. If Aimed shot resets, then go right back at it. If not, you gotta kill 4 seconds with either one of these options:
    Exorcising Bullet / Mindflaying Bullet
    Mindflaying Bullet / Quick Reloading
    Hunter's Mark / Soul Snipe
    Extreme Sniping

Be sure to refresh Hunter's Mark as your top priority as team DPS is the key to success. Try to activate Cracked Shot Time for when you have Double Shot up and when you'll be using exorcising bullet between your Aimed Shot cycles.
    edited January 2012
    thanks Dahlf ill update it.
    edited February 2012
    Bump FO RAS DAH! and quesodillas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Napolionette - IllyfueNapolionette - Illyfue Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Like the guide, its just that i cant see the burst mm talent path (page not found it says for me)

Maybe it can be put into another talent calc?
  • Tsukiyo - Storm LegionTsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    These forums hate me cause I could never post my full guide.

if anyone wants it, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?odfiryj8xoj7fml its a .docx file
    edited March 2012
    Like the guide, its just that i cant see the burst mm talent path (page not found it says for me)

Maybe it can be put into another talent calc?

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=marksman&r=dwf&b=t3a12t3a25t3b24t3b32t3b45t3c12t3c24t3d14t3d23t3d31t3e32t3f13t3f24t3g45t3h13t3h22t3h33t3i22t3j32t3k32t3l21

>.>" Sorry you can't see Aesica's, her's is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KizaraIX - EyrdaKizaraIX - Eyrda Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    by hers who do you meant Dahlf?
  • BushofFire - EyrdaBushofFire - Eyrda Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Marksman Guide Recopilation

Hybrid burst/precison: What's this? Yea, taking single target dps and adding rake of fury to it. The absolute highest dps output lies in this marksman talent spread. With the hunter's mark defense drop and 5 second MFB with rake of fury completely powered up spells a bunch of hurt. Defense drop adds to dps, and mfb now has a short enough cooldown for the epic dps chain:

Rof > mfb > rof > SS > faw > repeat

Of course in pvp, one opts to start with soul snipe where stun matters:

Rof > Ss > faw > rof > mfb > repeat

That is of course a pure dps output, you can opt to do some damage before stunning but that's up to you.

With rake of fury, you can aoe, with precison talents, you have the highest dps. You can fit whatever role you need too in both pvp and pve, the most versatile talent spread for a marksman. This is also the best pve tree i would say.

The main difference between full precision and hybrid, is that full precision isn't MP expensive. With hybrid, you do spend more soul gold, more than soul i would say because of how many more skills you use for DPS but anyways, you do have 3 options for 60-70 talents, go down precision more for better pve, down burst for cheaper MP, or go down soul for some pvp enhancement.

Also what gives hybrid an edge in instances is that you can aoe, which leads to much faster instance runs.

1vs1 ratings: ***
    3vs3 ratings: *** and a half * (Soul is clearly better here but definally better than burst)
    6vs6 ratings: ****
    War ratings: *****
    Bosses: ****
    Instances: *****

whats this?????? burst/precision mm is **** only way its semi decent is with the huntermark def debuff only(5 points precision rest in burst which isnt that good you need the resis debuff from precision to make your damage really increase).
    for after you get 75 burst tallent since there really isnt great burst tallents after the lvl 55 one Burning Rage. I recommend not using tallent point for lvl 74 till you reach lvl 75 and max out rake of fury and get the 75 tallent at same time.
    totaly disagree with burst only 3 points in 3v3 defintly since im 2735 in 3v3(lvl 60 but still gota give me props for getting that high on a "decent" 3v3 class and not even winged).

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=marksman&r=dwf&b=t1a15t3a25t3b24t3b45t3c24t3d14t3d23t3e12t3e32t3e43t3f24t3g45t3h22t3h33t3i23t3j32t3k22t3k32t3l21 possible build but would rather have soul's stronger mfb since its the strongest attack for a burst mm with me a lvl 60 mm criting 35k with it:D during gl boss though but crit 18k+ red hand with it though
    edited March 2012
    whats this?????? burst/precision mm is **** only way its semi decent is with the huntermark def debuff only(5 points precision rest in burst which isnt that good you need the resis debuff from precision to make your damage really increase).
    for after you get 75 burst tallent since there really isnt great burst tallents after the lvl 55 one Burning Rage. I recommend not using tallent point for lvl 74 till you reach lvl 75 and max out rake of fury and get the 75 tallent at same time.
    totaly disagree with burst only 3 points in 3v3 defintly since im 2735 in 3v3(lvl 60 but still gota give me props for getting that high on a "decent" 3v3 class and not even winged).

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=marksman&r=dwf&b=t1a15t3a25t3b24t3b45t3c24t3d14t3d23t3e12t3e32t3e43t3f24t3g45t3h22t3h33t3i23t3j32t3k22t3k32t3l21 possible build but would rather have soul's stronger mfb since its the strongest attack for a burst mm with me a lvl 60 mm criting 35k with it:D during gl boss though but crit 18k+ red hand with it though

That was a quote from Tsukiyo (sp?) who doesn't play the game anymore as far as I know, s/he at least doesn't come on the forums nearly as much. As far as I know that could've also been a pre 55 analysis section (too lazy to go back and look). But tbh I don't regret going full burst at all, sure I might lack a bit in the ST dept, but I have never been scolded or anything for being pure aoe dps. imho, it's a bit of a waste of time to go hybrid. If you hybrid you won't be as aoe powerful as a mage and you won't come even close to ST as a sin or a vamp, or even a war. Also, with BR+HM (even weakened) I don't do that bad during boss fights. It's only during WB that I feel useless and that I'm wasting my time.

It works for you? Awesome. But doubt OP is going to change what he quoted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cheshires - IllyfueCheshires - Illyfue Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Lill bit late but ty , lets see if i can pick up my mm again from this point ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Im not crazy,My reallity is just diffrent from yours "

Official Couch potato pirate with the mission of invading the world with madness >3
  • Tsukiyo - Storm LegionTsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited March 2012

If you want to write a guide for 70+ and give your take on numbers then go ahead, I'm not experienced at all there, but from my limited 60s 3v3 experience, i was focused down instantly by sins, vamps, warriors, protectors.. other marksman ._.
  • WaoxYo - DyosWaoxYo - Dyos Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Originally Posted by ILikeBigGu - Illyfue View Post
    I use this and it works superb
    http://fwinfo.co.cc/talentcalc/dwarf...00000000000000
    (page not found :( )
    Maybe it can be put into another talent calc? ^^
    edited March 2012
    All fwcc talent calculator are down but I still left some SS, writen down notes and links from aesteric.
  • dr4koedr4koe Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Waiting for nightfall, thought I'd see what's been happening for MM guides - I check now and again, but they have always been so fragmented/repetitive... I love how you've put them all together RauI, should help MM's a lot.

Anyhow - I haven't really spent much time posting on forums, but have spent a lot of time trying out different PvP builds, got a few comments to make, though it probalby won't be all at once...

Just a note, almost all my comments are about 75+ mms, not just 60+.
    Pure precision: the absolute worst at killing of all marksman. Instead you are an offensive support role. Like a bard except bards are defensively supportive. You increase party attack, lower defense of 1 target MASSIVELY for 40 seconds, (unconfirmed) can boost crit rate by 3%, and can put someone to sleep for 30 seconds if no one hits the guy. When it comes to dps, you are completely lacking dps moves. Aim shot is utter ****, not enough damage to warrent a 2 second cast. So you're main goal is to hunter's mark the target needed to be killed, then support killing with stuns or MFB. You also restore HP and MP with bullets maybe, so quick reload is a nice 8% heal (should heal at least 900 HP)

However.. The one thing precision gets is a 100% purge rate. You can completely dispell 1 person's buffs with exo bullet. Choose wisely xD but would be great at bypassing that priest shield if that works...

When it comes to PvE, you got everything ya need. MP/HP restore removes the need of pots, saving soul gold immensely. You have the best party DPS effect for single targets with your massive defense drop and attack aura buff, team up with a wind bard for massive damage boosts.

For solo PvE, you have a 2nd knockback move basically making yourself unhittable by 1 mob.

1vs1 rating: *
    6vs6 rating: *
    Wars rating: **
    Bosses: *****

Final note: its a pve class in the end

I'm sorry to say, but I strongly disagree with the assessment here. First of all, prec can be a fine pvp class - it depends on your equips, and your team mates. I'll go through each type in turn to explain.

1vs1 rating... I'm not sure how this was figured or what level it was at - but I can win against most non-cs toon (up to lev 1 wing) with my prec build (water bards + sins exception). (Currently don't have any 12/12 equips, and no wings still). A few strategies, but essentially, the simple thing is speed away before it begins, ensare, sleep, hunter mark, (the lev 75 prec skill forget offhand), and double shot. While double shot is loading, I turn on wrath, then it's exo, aimed, soul snipe, and mfb. My base crit is what, 15%, but with double shot/the bonus for exo/aimed, I almost always crit at least once. if soul snipe stuns, mfb typically finished them off. If not, then the next aimed does. To be honest, I've beaten some of the heavier geared soul mms on the server, if things are done in the right sequence. I'm not saying it's the best, but it definitely doesn't deserve a 1. ***

In terms of 3v3, I'd say it's ok. I like it a lot better than burst, because of the crits and 'burst' dgm. Prec has an artificial (doesn't need super crit chance gems/equips) to get a decent crit chance. That, coupled with high element dgm skills --> big crits. Typically I like using the cc sleep first, before chaining debuffs and double shot, depends on the other team's classes. You definitely need a priest though (which I find burst can do better without), which is the biggest drawback. *** (or anther half.. depends more on how you mesh with your team)...

For 6v6 - I consider prec decent if you don't cs/have a ton of gold... Single target dps versus aoe is hard to make, so I'll mostly just compare him to soul. The reason why I like prec is that it has such massive increases to crit chance. If I had 12/12 gears, full rages, etc. soul would be WAY better. But without that, I still do fairly high dgm because of the element damage when it crits. Half wrath, still doing 20-30k, enough to ko damaged toons - enough to make the other team want to focus my way. As your gear gets better, soul improves better, but that high crit chance with element dgm is enough to kill in 6v6. Also, in 6v6, I found that as a soul there's a high chance of being killed off, so loss of bullets. This means I would have enough for BoR, but not a double shot as well in the next round. Prec on the other hand could make use of it. ***

IMO, prec can make a poor mm into a decent pvper.

Now the above comments might've been made before getting the upgraded double shot. I do think this is one of the make/break skills that makes prec decent at pvp.

Definitely open to contrary opinions though, feel free to comment. Not to mention, nightfall probably made everything I just said obsolete, but oh well.

Was gonna comment on the builds posted - but there down so.. Let's move into eva talk. Now I think this is one of the things that you either love or hate... First off, I'll say prec isn't a prime target for eva (it has no talents that help with it really)... So continuing will be mostly about soul/burst.

Now I started off loving eva. I even did a special hybrid soul/burst build, to get me the -240 cloud, and the + 60 eva. It was also fun cause I got the use of an ok BoR, and ok RoF, which helped give flexibility - though it did cut down on my dps overall. I also tried a full soul eva, to see how it was. Overall, I'd say that unless you CS, eva build is not worth going if you can get a stable pvp team (exception would be going with a bard/priest team, or vamp/priest where they also have -acc talents). I found that pugging I could reach into the 2100 range fairly easily, but hit a solid block around 2200 even with decent teams. 1 obvious problem was sins and warriors - who could intiate before I got the extra eva stuff off. Even if I survived the initial charges/could get it off, I just didn't have the dgm to finish them off. I was using mist 3s + pet buff, and for equips, I was using atk/eva base, with 1-2 eva ids. This had a pretty big impact on my crit dgm/crit chance (couldn't id it cause needed the eva), and very capital intensive. I found the biggest threat were crits that did hit - often high enough to kill in 2-3 hits. Going an eva/crit dodge, or an eva/crit def strategy is fairly opposite of each other, and hard to do with pvp equips not iding eva...

Sorry, I'm not even sure how much sense I'm making, it's late and I'm just twiddling my thumbs while waiting for the patch.
    edited April 2012
    np your suggestions are appriciated although that part isnt from me, but anyways I updated the guide to place Axyms guide in it.
    edited April 2012
    Guide Updated
  • nekoridernekorider Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    hi, I wanna ask one of MM skill... soul force return and how its works??

its says.. its restore 2% of your max mana each time you gain bullet ... so if you have 10224 max mana its will restore more or less 204 mana, is that correct? and is that soul force return also works at art of reloading and mind flying bullet (soul catching) ?

me at lv 56 with max soul force return ... each time soul catching it only restore 45 mana and my quick reloading (lv 1 art reloading) restore 204 and 280 mana :confused:

sry my bad grammar hope u understand what i wanted to say :confused:
  • dr4koedr4koe Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    its says.. its restore 2% of your max mana each time you gain bullet ... so if you have 10224 max mana its will restore more or less 204 mana, is that correct? and is that soul force return also works at art of reloading and mind flying bullet (soul catching) ?

Yes, that should be correct.
    me at lv 56 with max soul force return ... each time soul catching it only restore 45 mana and my quick reloading (lv 1 art reloading) restore 204 and 280 mana

Soul catching and quick reloading both have their 'own' mana restore. Your quick reloading should be restoring the 204 - the other 280 should come from the skill itself, not soulforce return.

Same with soul catching, mana comes from the skill MFB. You need to use fire at will while soul catching is active to generate a bullet. If you do, then +204 mana.

I haven't personally tested this - there could be a bug or something, but that's the most likely reason why you're getting those mana results. If you're doing something different - you'll need explain exactly what happens at each interval/skill use.
  • limeskieslimeskies Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is kind of hard for me to understand, I started this game yesterday and I chose marksman because I thought the dwarves were cute, and I liked it. I want to stick with the class but in PWI the game I played before this there seemed to be a simillar class; Archer.

They were that half baked class before Assassin and I absolutely hated them, I never took them in any of the high level instances because they were just short of what we needed. *someone that got the group melee buff that brought back heals from each hit we inflicted on a mob* or they didn't hit hard enough (fist/dagger mastery was something they didn't have)

Before I get too stuck and devoted to the class can someone tell me if this class is PWI's Archer so to speak so I can jump ship. Thank you all <3
  • lirvaevoli07lirvaevoli07 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the guide. I'm going to try out the marksman class. Switching over from the warriorrrssss.