test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guide: Venom Assassin

Comments

• mang00n2008mang00n2008 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hm, I' actually playing a Venom Sin, but am confused with the talents used...

Thats also the only thing I miss in your guide...

Could you please post the talent-order? What talents do you spam / use?

Thanks!
  • XDeadly - EyrdaXDeadly - Eyrda Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Rumor is you left

I play a bard now cus sin is boring.
    You may not upload animated images.

da fuq?
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I play a bard now cus sin is boring.

same xD
  • AgIaria - LionheartAgIaria - Lionheart Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So which PvE build is best yours Deadly or Okiemute just a Pros n Cons they arent that different

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2586931&postcount=135
    edited September 2011
    So which PvE build is best yours Deadly or Okiemute just a Pros n Cons they arent that different

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2586931&postcount=135

He has dual stings instead of darkness mastery, dark mastery is better than attack from more agony orbs.

da fuq?
  • AgIaria - LionheartAgIaria - Lionheart Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ok ty deadly
  • Okiemute - EyrdaOkiemute - Eyrda Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    That was my old build, i change builds alot. but yea. x Deadly's right.
  • XBonniXBascoX - EyrdaXBonniXBascoX - Eyrda Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    hey

this is awsum guide :) i recently changed to venom and its so awsum but for the NQ boss you said kill it and repeat.. how do you repeat ?? you can only spawn it once per day ?? or am i missing something ??

Thanks
    edited October 2011
    hey

this is awsum guide :) i recently changed to venom and its so awsum but for the NQ boss you said kill it and repeat.. how do you repeat ?? you can only spawn it once per day ?? or am i missing something ??

Thanks

You can spawn it as many times as you can as long you dont turn in the quest.

da fuq?
  • XBonniXBascoX - EyrdaXBonniXBascoX - Eyrda Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    omg ?!?! Im so doing this next reset.. thanks heaps man, your guide has really improved my sin experience in fw :)

Cheers
  • Dakotahkid - EyrdaDakotahkid - Eyrda Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I was wondering this too. so glad I know this now. Thanks :)
    Abels: The most OP class is the one that you're not playing.
    78 Venom Sin
    Why Venom? Because stun locking for 7 seconds and nearly doubling your evasion for 15 seconds doesn't take skill.
  • Ronyon - Storm LegionRonyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Strength Fortification: it looks like a good talent, but its really useless, it only increases your base attack, meaning your attack without gears and weapons.

This doesn't seem to be true. After using a talent compass to reset skills I lost about 49-50 attack, instead of the 20-ish I expected (558 att no gear with talent, 538 no gear without it.)

As far as I can tell it effects the base attack on gear but not fortification or gems. Probably still not worth taking but other theorycrafter types might like to know. I don't have any +att blue or green bonuses on gear so not sure about those.
  • saylvsaylv Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Does seed of agony no longer work on nightmare queen? i was tried to solo @ 68 was able to before patch now i cant and die in 3 hits )= she still soloable?
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm LegionCuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    saylv wrote: »
    Does seed of agony no longer work on nightmare queen? i was tried to solo @ 68 was able to before patch now i cant and die in 3 hits )= she still soloable?

if you look at her you can see that they gave her the buff almost every other boss has.

immune to most controlling effects.
  • detnotedetnote Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    to those assasin who often have dificulties in ur build up these is the conclusi0n of ur dificulties im a player fr0m FW phillippnes . first lets answer some question

number 1: wer do assasin shine?
    number 2 what is the specialty of assasin?
    number 3 what items suitable for assasin?

assasin shine in pvp meaning u nid m0re crit s0 invest ur talent in edge why? assasin nid to be fast kill if u d0nt crit meaning ur dead if u dont crit ur a non sense assasin edge talent has 40% crit rate in stealth m0de + 14 % crit for gouge +10% crit passive n0w to make thse vulnerable go for critrate jade like dark jade lvl 3 has 3% crit rate for weps and helm..for ur set go for hit and eva jade ? eva,hit,hp and keen and crit damage basic jade for sin

and by the way 21 crit dodge? do ur math mr poster s 21 crit dodge ok? no its suck
    edited November 2011
    detnote wrote: »

and by the way 21 crit dodge? do ur math mr poster s 21 crit dodge ok? no its suck

whats YOUR crit dodge at?
    78 Venom Sin
    Why Venom? Because stun locking for 7 seconds and nearly doubling your evasion for 15 seconds doesn't take skill.
  • belqta6belqta6 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hi,
    That will be my PVE talent tree on last lvl. But left me 2 point's on what i add?

That is tree:
    http://fwinfo.co.cc/talentcalc/human/assassin.html#/053344403113300330242020020331z00000000000000000000000000000z0000000000000000000000000000000

Is it good or bad tree?

If is not can you help me to make better?

Thanks!

Sorry for my bad English :)

Second Question:
    For Pure Venom what options must have my items?
    Dark Attack or Dark Mastery?
    What is the difference between Dark Attack and Dark Mastery?

Tnx
    edited November 2011
    this is my build
    http://fwinfo.co.cc/talentcalc/human/assassin.html#/053304300123300330202222323131z00000000000000000000000000000z0000000000000000000000000000000

After lvl 75 I am not sure where I'm going to put the last 5 points. I'm thinking about putting them into Killer of Darkness(4/4 for 40 dark mastery) but I might also just put them into the edge tree skill Final seal and be able to reduce my targets attack by up to 400.(100 per blast orb)
    78 Venom Sin
  • Okiemutec - EyrdaOkiemutec - Eyrda Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Final seal would be only useful in pve. pvp, u'll need the silence ur blast orbs give. it's already hard getting 3+ blast orbs in a fight. better to put ur 4 points in killer of darkness
    edited November 2011
    After lvl 75 I am not sure where I'm going to put the last 5 points. I'm thinking about putting them into Killer of Darkness(4/4 for 40 dark mastery) but I might also just put them into the edge tree skill Final seal and be able to reduce my targets attack by up to 400.(100 per blast orb)[/QUOTE]
    belqta6 wrote: »
    Hi,
    That will be my PVE talent tree on last lvl. But left me 2 point's on what i add?

That is tree:
    http://fwinfo.co.cc/talentcalc/human/assassin.html#/053344403113300330242020020331z00000000000000000000000000000z0000000000000000000000000000000

Is it good or bad tree?

If is not can you help me to make better?

Thanks!

Sorry for my bad English :)

Second Question:
    For Pure Venom what options must have my items?
    Dark Attack or Dark Mastery?
    What is the difference between Dark Attack and Dark Mastery?

Tnx

Dark mastery give +% Dark attack increase to dark skills
    Dark attack gives + Dark attack increase to dark skills

Dark mastery is only useful if you have a lot of it. same with dark attack.
    it's easier to get your dark mastery up than to get your dark attack up since you can only get your dark attack from gears. and you get dark mastery from gears and just pumping gold into it from mastery training
    so it doesn't matter which one you focus on really as long as you have a lot of money to put in it.
    your tree is ok. you can't mess up on a pve build if your focus on one skill tree.

I recommend going attack+hp for gear option and also working on your dark mastery when you have spare change in your bag.
    edited November 2011
    hmm, didn't think if that, but it would still give the silence from the blast orbs as well as the attk reduction wouldn't it?
    78 Venom Sin
    edited November 2011
    attack reduction comes from nightmare termination. i used to be hybrid venom/edge and got the skill....it's completely useless since when u get blast orbs u don't use nightmare termination. so it's either silence or attack reduction lol.
    i rather not have the person attack me than reduce the person's damage
  • belqta6belqta6 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Tnx a lot Okiemutec - Eyrda

Where to add my last 2 points?

Darkness Expert - 2 point
    or
    Secret Art - Agony - 1 point
    Advanced Art - Agony - 1 point

Thanks
    edited November 2011
    well since your not into pvp. S.E. agony is kind of pointless.
    you should go with darkness expert for the damage increase
  • wraithx13wraithx13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You Still playing FW Okiem? Got that new laptop?
  • mrkbbjjmrkbbjj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    So, is a venom assassin decent for PVE, or should I just stick with going Edge? I pretty much only solo/quests..dont really group that much...currently im lvl 35.
  • trak64trak64 Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    venom sin probably has one of the highest , if not the best, single target dps in the game.
    low cooldown on skills, and dot, so its a really good PvE talent
  • icecoldmaliceicecoldmalice Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    I find venomous blade works more times than not, i use that on water bards. i build up all orbs and blast orbs use flair then the very sec shield drops i use Dot and he is dead with a few follow up attacks. It really help me in rift when i am unnoticed. but do you have any way of surviving in arena
  • vraciuvraciu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I am using venom, with the PvE talent grid. But it seems that i consume mana like there is no tomorrow. I have cooking as a profession, and i make my own milk, so its not that expensive. But in instances, when sometimes i cant afford to sit down and drink, i feel really useless. Any ideas?
  • icecoldmaliceicecoldmalice Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    vraciu wrote: »
    I am using venom, with the PvE talent grid. But it seems that i consume mana like there is no tomorrow. I have cooking as a profession, and i make my own milk, so its not that expensive. But in instances, when sometimes i cant afford to sit down and drink, i feel really useless. Any ideas?

you must still be low level if milk works, but dont worry you will be eating a lot of pots but nothing compared to mages. but thats to be expected sins can attack very fast, improve on your alchemy more than cooking.