test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you need help picking a class?

Comments

• Boleyn - IllyfueBoleyn - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If you want to keep full stacks of buffs, you have to constantly spam chords, there's no free time during battle :p

Yup, thats how it is in lower lvls :( I feel bad for those bards.

At my lvl buffs last about 30+ seconds so you dont have to keep spamming chords to keep them up.
    But you do have to pay attention on when you have to use your chords for your buffs again xD
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If you want to keep full stacks of buffs, you have to constantly spam chords, there's no free time during battle :p

- Take a gaming keyboard.
    - Record a macro based on your regular rotation.
    - Adjust the time according to your usual lag
    - Add the spamming pot in your macro inbetween the skills
    - Add some smileys for party chat once every now and then
    - Put it on repeat.
    - Enjoy watching anime during boss fight, but keep an eye on the game just in case :D

Well.. bosses are dying so fast in this game so it's not really usefull except for a pee/beer break ^^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lol okay

Bards are the hardest BECAUSE they are the most focused class. Now i wouldn't be surprised if some bards are just naturals and it flows with them. If thats the case then GREAT, good for you. but for the average player (me) its the hardest class. Still fun but hard
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
    edited July 2011
    i just posted a link from the team play guide under the Experienced MMORPG player stuff

i also Redid the order everything was in so its flows better. Take a look. if you like the old one better then tell me
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Orissa - IllyfueOrissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Bosses? I've completely missed about it, first update will come, feel free to write about your experience
  • Thordain - LionheartThordain - Lionheart Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hi.
    I'm wanting to create another alt and I'm considering a Divine Priest. My main question is, is it stressful or do people complain about the bad healers much if they're not amazing during instances like EC or GL?

I've play Protector, Bard, Assassin at least till L40 for reference.
    - This space for rent. -
    edited July 2011
    Hi.
    I'm wanting to create another alt and I'm considering a Divine Priest. My main question is, is it stressful or do people complain about the bad healers much if they're not amazing during instances like EC or GL?

I've play Protector, Bard, Assassin at least till L40 for reference.

Divine Priests are pretty easy to play.

all you do is heal (auto attack if you want to in between heals)
    how you should heal

yourself>tank(s)>everyone else

i said tank(s) cause one time i had 2 prots and they both kind of tanked in EC. It made it a little easier since you only heal when they have like 1/3 or 1/4 of hp gone. which should usually bring it up in one heal.
    In EC its really easy to be Divine Priest.
    The only part that makes it hard is the times you get in a party with the people that DEMAND a heal when they only lost like 1 hp (exagerating) but you should get my point
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Party Uses
    I give credit for this Party Uses part to "Orissa - Illyfue" for starting it off even if it was biased

How I think it should go: Adds in bold, removals underlined (no strikethrough)

Warrior - due to stance system, it's quite universal class. If you like closed combat, half tanking, half DD, it's for you

Assassin - fragile closed combat class, you know, dark tricks, etc. Single target dps, good for boss battles and going through mobs one at a time.

Protector - you must have the instinct of protector, sacrifice for your teammates, and take the most of damage. You must trust your healers[/U] Usually main tank or at least off tank.

Vampire - Another universal class. Depending on build you can be either an off tank (blood) or off heals (all, but mostly blood) or just added dps and debuffs. Most parties will expect the vampire to heal a little bit in some situations, or be main healer NO MATTER BUILD!

Marksmen - fragile, but swift ranged class. Aoe trash mob killing (Burst) and dps for bosses. MM's don't have a steady stream of high dps like mages, but pack more punch with each good hit than a mage. If you like to destroy enemies from afar, it's for you

Mage - They can hit multiple mobs, stop a enemy in their tracks, or can deal HIGH Damge. Depending on Tree. Picking your tree as a mage is the MOST important part of your character because it limits at what your best at. Lightning is for Mobs (questing, grinding), Ice is for survivabilty (PvP, PKers), and Fire is for Damage (Instances/Bosses)

Priest - you must feel this calling. If you're selfish and you don't care about the others, don't play as priest. You must have a brain because you are all that may keep your party alive in a instance. There are No offense, but none of that was needed..... Your primary healing class with some survivabiliity buffs.

Bard - it's a hard class. Again, your team is the most important thing. Keep the buffs to improve your teammates' abilities. There's no free time for bard, it's a constant, hard work The main buffing class, adds buffs like increased atk, def, healing. Usually used as an off healer because of aoe heal, and extra dps (not nearly as much as sin, mm, or mage though).

until i have time to make this 100% unbiased im posting it here. and its taken out of the post. please comment on what need fixing or add if you want
    this is all about how you play the class in a >>Instance<<

DO NOT QUOTE! This is just a jumping off point for others if they wish as I hope I was as unbiased as possible. Because of your ending comment I don't think you will, but I was just making sure so that I don't get flamed (do not need right now).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
    edited July 2011
    right now we have a link under "Experienced MMORPG Player"
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Orissa - IllyfueOrissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It's guide made by players, I think it should be based on players' opinions. This guide doesn't have to technically describe classes, but show what's a good class for someone who feels what is good for. Believe me, roleplay means that you should feel the class you play. There are many guides about each class, descriptions, etc. And still we have a lot of people who don't know which class is good for them. It seems technical descriptions are still not enough. So we should share our experience, observations and feelings about each class

I'm glad when I see someone who plays the right class and do that naturally. You must like and feel your choice to be a real good player. If you're forcing yourself to learn the mechanics of your class you may be good, OP, blah-blah, but you'll not be a true player

I know, the most of Americans and the other **** will now cry that there's no roleplaying... But it's still the essence of all RPGs, only you don't want to play like few years ago. Jeez, what's wrong with modern players...
    edited July 2011
    Orissa - yeah i know there is roleplaying

I loved my mage and the flow. The problem was i took a brake and my talent compass ran out. So when i came back i couldnt rechoose my talents until i got another one which wasnt for awhile and ice mages are underpowered until they get to a higher level where the game balances.

I dont know all of the mechanics at the game. Infact probably 80% of this guide wasnt made by me. Mainly just got from other people and bunched it all here. This is the stuff i noticed being repeated and asked alot.

But if you want start a thread and get experienced players to tell reply telling what they like about their class and stuff then do it. I will post a link on this post (with your permission).

Or if you want to (i will be willing to do this if i get some people to think its a good idea). Post a thread in each class discusion basically same thing but just focused on that one class. and ill just post the links on here
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Rockbridge - Storm LegionRockbridge - Storm Legion Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Bumpity bump bump bump
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
    edited July 2011
    thanks for the bump :P

by the way guys Nyxa is a new FW forum moderator WHO ACTUALLY WORKS

I dont know if anyone else has said this

but thanks for doing your job :D

everyone else should thank Nyxa :P
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Luciferia - IllyfueLuciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Bumpy bumpy bump XD

We wantz a sticky! 3.gif Who's with me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boleyn - IllyfueBoleyn - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Bumpy bumpy bump XD

We wantz a sticky! 3.gif Who's with me?

I am with you luci!
  • Adol - EyrdaAdol - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    guide sucks, mentions nothing about the credit card class
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=185261

The thread above displays the current Intelligence of the FW community relating to Sarcasm. Enjoy :)
    edited July 2011
    Hey guys Luciferia made a AWESOME picture for the guide :D well i like it
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Spellweaver - EyrdaSpellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    add the starter thunder mage guide's link in mage guide area , its stickied on top of the mage forums
    and to make it more colourful i suggest adding samll pics of the classes seperately
    edited July 2011
    lol i cant tell if your serious or joking :P

i just wanted a pic cause the guide look was deppressing. Who wants to start a guide that starts with a wall of text?
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

edited July 2011
    *STICKIFIED*

that means no more bumping :D
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Congrats Ashaw!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
    edited July 2011
    im serious add more pics .. more pics = impressed newbies as in newbs gona say " OMG WHAT A GUIDE IT HAS PICSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OF THE EPIC CLASS ... IMA LOOK SOO FREAKING PRO OMG OMG OMG IMA ROLL THIS CLASS FOR SURE .... >: D
    edited July 2011
    im serious add more pics .. more pics = impressed newbies as in newbs gona say " OMG WHAT A GUIDE IT HAS PICSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OF THE EPIC CLASS ... IMA LOOK SOO FREAKING PRO OMG OMG OMG IMA ROLL THIS CLASS FOR SURE .... >: D

okay :P put the pics ONLY go in the Experiend player part :P since its the shortest section

Can you find a cool picture for each class

but for Bards i want the Feathered hat :D not too big of pictures though ill edit them if needed

Axym - Thanks :D
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

edited July 2011
    game info , classes ..on top of page ... just use the screen shots FW officialy uses itll bring color and make guide more attractive .. another thread wanting to know " aoe tree specs for mages " in mage forums...
    edited July 2011
    game info , classes ..on top of page ... just use the screen shots FW officialy uses itll bring color and make guide more attractive .. another thread wanting to know " aoe tree specs for mages " in mage forums...

what??? where can i find these??

about the AoE tree specs....

well im playing ASHAW!!! yeah i know he might LEVEL!! first time in MONTHS i really want to get him to like 60 and leave him alone -_- cause i dont wana change characters for forums -_-
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    and ummm scratch that Ashaw thing -_- just remembered another reason i dont play him is becuase he is a broke... im a play my priest :D

sorry if i seem lazy
    ive been using herbal medicine

cool to big of pictures :O
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Luciferia - IllyfueLuciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It's STIKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIED!!!!

21.gif21.gif21.gif21.gif21.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rockbridge - Storm LegionRockbridge - Storm Legion Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    stickies-save-the-day.png

Gratz Ashaw
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
    edited July 2011

Rockbridge - Now you dont have to bump :D

Luciferia - YEAH :D!!!!
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -