test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you need help picking a class?

Comments

• Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    itsphii wrote: »
    Sorry I honestly don't remember why i said those things.

After rereading the entire guide, the only thing i'd change is, if a bard wants to be a main healer, it has the possibility, with good gear and a good talent set up

its fine but i think i know why you said those things. My Race choosing Guide i made was biased and because of you i fixed it a little to make it unbiased. Its the first link in this guide/help thing. So your comment wasnt a bad thing at all. it made be go back and fix a diffrent guide. ill update the bard thing for ya just diffrent wording
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Rhap - EyrdaRhap - Eyrda Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I kno a lot of people play wow and it makes it easy to explain things by explainin things by comparing to wow but Protecter= Pally???? I think not. Prot is a tank class that dont have heals XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig thanks to OnlyDolly!
    edited July 2011
    I kno a lot of people play wow and it makes it easy to explain things by explainin things by comparing to wow but Protecter= Pally???? I think not. Prot is a tank class that dont have heals XD

actually i wasnt thinking of WoW when i said that. When i think of a Paladin i think of a guy with a cool hammar and can take alot of damage. Thats from Maplestory (game i used to play) and thats like a stonemen and its the only class that describes a Stoneman THAT i could think of...

just cause you see Pally dont suspect WoW.

maple2769.jpg
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Vathaelia - EyrdaVathaelia - Eyrda Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I made a guide specifically for vampires (In my sig). I'd like you to view it and see if it's worth mentioning in this guide as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vampire Guide: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=208231
  • Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited July 2011

While I can see your point:

They don't have direct heals, but they take a **** load of damage (which pally's can do if they heal themselves, possibly more than other tanking classes, depending on the game), and they DO have healing-oriented abilities (healing aura?).

So yeah, it's a stretch, but so is calling a mm an archer :p our guns are waaaaaaaaaaay cooler than any bow :p

Other than that, what would you call them? They aren't warriors, which is usually the tanking class, in my experience, so yeah... what else is there? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
    edited July 2011
    I made a guide specifically for vampires (In my sig). I'd like you to view it and see if it's worth mentioning in this guide as well.

ill check it out. but keep in mind im not a vampire player so i will be looking for other peoples comments on your guide before i make my decision. But ill tell you if i like it or not
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

edited July 2011
    ill check it out. but keep in mind im not a vampire player so i will be looking for other peoples comments on your guide before i make my decision. But ill tell you if i like it or not

Alright, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    i commented. sorry if i seemed harsh but i just saw some thing i thought you might wana fix...
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

edited July 2011
    i commented. sorry if i seemed harsh but i just saw some thing i thought you might wana fix...

I know, and that's fine. But those things that you saw in the commentors posts I already fixed. He complained that I put the skill desrips into the guide, but not the cooldowns. So, I corrected it by taking pictures of the skills (with the cooldowns) and put them into the guide. As for the picture things, that's the fault of the new web design. They fit just fine before it, but I put the rest of the descrips under the picture (until I can figure out how to downsize the pictures without making if blurry as I use photobucket).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    try pixlr.com i dont know if that will help...

sorry if you think i am taking over your guide... i have a controlling personality and i know thats no excuse but yeah im sorry
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• loliooooinkloliooooink Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    protectors aren't dps lol it takes like 2 seconds for protectors to just do auto attack. while sin's do auto attack in like 1.2 seconds. seriously i couldn't get a protector past lvl 10 cuz how boring and slow their attacks are.

No matter how animation of auto attack looks in your eyes, every class auto attack has 1 s cast time and 0 sec cool down :).
    edited July 2011
    never thought i would say this. but a loli has won i think
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• loliooooinkloliooooink Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Priest are hard in PvP because
    1. they are squishy and have to watch HP so they can heal themselves.

You have never seen hp build divine priest, that is actually best support priest for pvp : ) dead priest is no use, bauble skill is hp based, aoe heal (that is only skill u can use during being affected by controlling skills is hp based).
    3. if you are are attacking they arnt the best attack they are decent

You are either good divine healer or glacial build, u heal well and quickly or u do tremendous spike dmg and aoe stun or aoe mana drain.
    what makes a priest good is their survivabilty. but their survivabilty is only good if your watch your hp
    a priest can live as long as it can heal itself so if you use your basic attack and heal yourself in a 1v1 you could slowly widdle down the opponents hp
    Bards aquire COMPLETE focus and thats why their hard
    being a priest is fun but if that doesnt work out i recommend a Fire Mage or a MM cause it looks like you want range

I got no more strength to comment on that... Its like you know it all too well.

Edit: I am not as PRO as all of you, but my advice to those seeking pvp is to try all classes or ask some friends to let you play on their charas a lil just to see how class work, how skills works in game in real combat not just on charts, know your enemy.

Hint nr 2: Commonly known fact now that high lvl sins and evasion build MMs are very very nasty on arena cause you are likely to be amazed on how many of your skills can't hit them while they just pew pew you constantly : ), unless you pack your gears and pet with accuracy boosting gems / skills or pet evasion de-buffing skills, which are not so great pve : (.

Not sure about the scale of pve difficulty for classes since every class even if protector or priest has it own sort-of-dps talent tree, which helps with solo questing and such, with 1 compass from box which lasts 30 days and 2 more at 60 and 100 achievements you can basically switch 3 times ? Just for sake of early- mid game lvling and switching to late game pvp build :o
    edited July 2011
    well really when it comes to PvP and what is better is all of opinion because there is only 1 team that will ALWAYS be good if everyone is decent in the party...

thats a FULL VAMP TEAM. All they really need is half a mind to win with that team. seriously a vamp is just the middle class. its the class that has a little of all other classes features if you think about it.
    Blood vamps can be main healers in a FEW instances or with a party that has pots.
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Rockbridge - Storm LegionRockbridge - Storm Legion Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm going to bump this every day until it gets the stickie it deserves.

This would prevent so many newbs from asking the exact same questions every time.

Then we can start discussing detailed stuff on this forum.
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
  • Spellweaver - EyrdaSpellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ashaw i suggest removing the difficulty on pvp scale thing in guide since well all classes have a pvp specific tree which makes it easy for them to pvp ,its also dependant on play style and well ........ cash you put in >.>
  • nightwolf200nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No matter how animation of auto attack looks in your eyes, every class auto attack has 1 s cast time and 0 sec cool down :).

eh still stonemen aren't dps so don't matter to me what you say.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Luciferia - IllyfueLuciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Blood vamps can be main healers in a FEW instances or with a party that has pots.

Well, blood vampires can be main healers in everything except AoS and Welkin really (and the latter they can if they have a good bard helping them)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Well, blood vampires can be main healers in everything except AoS and Welkin really (and the latter they can if they have a good bard helping them)

well i personally dont trust vampires healing me. im just afraid that they will fail. cause a fail divine priest that is just as a fail ast a blood vamp. i would still trust the divine priest. but thats just me.
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

edited July 2011
    Ashaw i suggest removing the difficulty on pvp scale thing in guide since well all classes have a pvp specific tree which makes it easy for them to pvp ,its also dependant on play style and well ........ cash you put in >.>

okay updated :P
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

edited July 2011
    Sorry for spelling and grammar. This Guide has tons of stuff to help you choose what class. If you are wondering what class is best for you than leave a comment and someone will help you hopefully. I will try if i can.

Race choosing Guide - http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2340861#post2340861

People who help fix some details to the guide - Xsasukex, Luciferia, nightwolf200, and Axym, Orissa
    Experienced MMORPG Player
    If not experienced then scroll down some more

Protector = Paladin

Marksmen = Hunter/Archer/Gun, it uses guns but its the same as a bow

Bard = Musician They are commonly used as a support class with some lovely buffs

Priest = Priest/Monk Its your healer

Assasin = Rogue/Sin, This is your stealth class and used as close combat DPS

Vampire = Necromancer without the summons. This class is your DoT and DPS
    depending on build. If i recall correctly can be a sub healer, sub tank, and possibly main healer

Warrior = Warrior/Fighter/Knight Basic close combat sword. Pink because only real mean wear pink :P

Mage = Warlock/Mage/Magician Your long range attackers with little health, My opinion on the races are Human is for DPS and Kindred for DoT.

Thats the Quick summary for experienced MMORPG players.

New To MMORPG Sumamry

Protector - This is your Tank. When you see a Protector in a PvP situation you will probably think F***. This class can be made to be HIGH Damage or Tank. So if you want to be able to take hits like a boss and deal some damge then choose Protector. if i remember they have slowest attacking speed. Not 100% sure though.

Warrior - These guys can be a sub Tank. They deal higher damage then can deal more damage then a Protector at end game if talents are right but less defence than a Protector.

Assasin - These guys have DPS down. They attack fast and swiftly. So fast their opponents are sometimes stunned. Assasin have great speed attacking and good damage. Not as high as a Warrior or Prot but they make up for it with speed.

Marksmen - This class has a good Story behind it in my opinion. So if you want a Story choose Marksmen. They are range attackers and they use guns. They have a decent hp amount and are DPS but they still lack Defence so dont go aggro crazy. Now, I think of them as a PvE class but they are still good in PvP. If in the hands of the right player you can be amazed at what a Marksmen can do :P

Priest - They are your healer of the group. If you are planning on PvP you will still be good. When you are in a instance you are expected to be the healer. If you arnt a healing priest you still have a healing spell(s). They are good at everything in my opinion. They are DPS and a Healer in one. Usually seen as a Healer

Mage - High Damage, Mobbing, DPS, or DoT. This class has all those options but still lacks at HP. Mages can be made for PvE, Instances, PvP, or what ever you want. I think they are the most flexible class. If only they had more Health Points.

Vampires - DoT, DPS, sub tank and sub healers (possibly main healer if you go into the blood tree). They can be a healer but not the most reliable. They can do Damage over time and do more damage or do DPS which is damage fast and quick. So do more damage over a period of time or Do damage quick and painless :P Close Combat

Bard - They are a Sub healer support class DPS, Depending on your tree. This is kind of like a long range Vampire but with music and doesnt do DoT. They also have just lovely buffs. If you want a buffer this is it :D It also can be a sub healer or a main healer if your talents are stacked right. I highly recommend this class if you like a unique and challenging playing style.

This is a quickly made guide to help you choose a class. If you like how the class sounds then try it. Some of these Descriptions will be argued about. If you want to know more about the classes then go to there forum pages.
    Party Uses
    I give FULL credit for this Party Uses part to "Orissa - Illyfue"

Warrior - due to stance system, it's quite universal class. If you like closed combat, half tanking, half DD, it's for you

Assassin - fragile closed combat class, you know, dark tricks, etc

Protector - you must have the instinct of protector, sacrifice for your teammates, and take the most of damage. You must trust your healers

Vampire - Luciferia has said everything

Marksmen - fragile, but swift ranged class. If you like to destroy enemies from afar, it's for you

Mage - I don't like this class, they're quite fast killers, but to fragile compared to their threat generation. I can't tell you so much about them

Priest - you must feel this calling. If you're selfish and you don't care about the others, don't play as priest. And you must be smart, choose wisely who need to be cured

Bard - it's a hard class. Again, your team is the most important thing. Keep the buffs to improve your teammates' abilities. There's no free time for bard, it's a constant, hard work

Class Discussion

Warrior - http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94

Protector - http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95

Assasin - http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101

Marksmen - http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

Priest - http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

Mage - http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103

Vampires - http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Bard - http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Added - :D
    Guides and Builds for classes

If you are choosing to be a Mage
    There are no good builds or guides posted. just look at the posts do some research at whats good and bad then make your own build. Just make a character and before compass runs our (like 5 days before) post your build you have. If bad or no one comments use the reset and ask for help in improving the build you had then restat
    If you are choosing to be a Warrior
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188771 - Phantom Warrior
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=171401 - Elemental Warrior
    If you are choosing to be a Priest
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=140611 - Support/Heal Priest
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=180031 - just a list of guides
    If you are choosing to be a Assasin
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=170111 Not my assasin guide.
    If you are choosing to be a Protector
    Didnt find a guide. If you find one please post
    If you are choosing to be a Bard
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=171271 - support bard
    If you are choosing to be a Marksmen
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=161741

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=161741 - Axym posted this link
    If you are choosing to be a Vampires
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=167121 - inferno
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=164371 - might help you learn a little about the vampire tree
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=208231 - Guide
    Class Popularity
    This is the order of what classes are more common in order (Eyrda)
    1.Vampire(everywhere)
    2.Assasin(everywhere)
    3.Warrior(common)
    4.Priest(kind of common)
    5.Mages(you see every now and then)
    6.Protector(rare)
    7.Bards(rare)
    8.Marksmen(super rare. i rarely see one)

This is the order of what classes are more common in order (lionheart)
    1.Vampire
    2Warrior
    3.Bards
    4.Priest
    5.Assasin - there are alot walking around, but I hardly see one in an instance anymore when I auto-que (GT, Fissure, GL)
    6.Mages
    7.Protector
    8.Marksmen
    Class Difficulty PvE and PvP

Its mainly on how you play your character so its how based on how focused you need to be,
    EVERY CLASS can be good in PvE and PvP depending on build and how you play it

PvE
    hardest to easiest, General summary of classes
    Bard
    Mage (inless lightning at early levels)
    Priest
    Protector (inless your instancing)
    Assassin
    Marksmen
    Vampire
    Warrior

PvP

1.Cash shoppers
    2.Richest in game (so they can buy stuff from cash shoppers)
    3.Everyone else (80% of players i would say)
    Class and their Trees

Vampire
    Blood, Dark, Inferno
    Assasin
    Venom, Edge, Dark
    Warrior
    Phantom, Elemental, Aegis
    Priest
    Divine, Rebel, Glacial
    Mages
    Fire, Lightning, Ice
    Protector
    Diamond, Marble, Granite
    Bards
    Light, Water, Wind
    Marksmen
    Precision, Soul, Burst

Was adding a Class Tree descrpitions but i dont got to time to do it sorry but they should be able to tell you in forums. If someone else though wants to do it for me. Post it in a comment and ill post it on here.
    For Laughs - http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=212771

UPDATED

Added

Party Uses (after "New To MMORPG section)

I Quoted i as a Check Point. In case i am editing and delete the wrong thing. Cause i just did it and luckily another quote had the part i needed.
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    UPDATED

Added

Party Uses (after "New To MMORPG section)

I Quoted i as a Check Point. In case i am editing and delete the wrong thing. Cause i just did it and luckily another quote had the part i needed.

biased much? you should probably list specific things, instead of your opinions on the uses in a class, and don't be lazy, retell what Lucifera said otherwise people won't know... if they bother to read this thread they won't bother to read the whole thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • nightwolf200nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    biased much? you should probably list specific things, instead of your opinions on the uses in a class, and don't be lazy, retell what Lucifera said otherwise people won't know... if they bother to read this thread they won't bother to read the whole thread.

agreed. especially with sins
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
    edited July 2011
    lol sorry i copied and pasted from another thread (with posters approval) but i was intentionally going to fix that but i forgot to -_- my bad
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

edited July 2011
    Party Uses
    I give credit for this Party Uses part to "Orissa - Illyfue" for starting it off even if it was biased

Warrior - due to stance system, it's quite universal class. If you like closed combat, half tanking, half DD, it's for you

Assassin - fragile closed combat class, you know, dark tricks, etc

Protector - you must have the instinct of protector, sacrifice for your teammates, and take the most of damage. You must trust your healers

Vampire -

Marksmen - fragile, but swift ranged class. If you like to destroy enemies from afar, it's for you

Mage - They can hit multiple mobs, stop a enemy in their tracks, or can deal HIGH Damge. Depending on Tree. Picking your tree as a mage is the MOST important part of your character because it limits at what your best at. Lightning is for Mobs (questing, grinding), Ice is for survivabilty (PvP, PKers), and Fire is for Damage (Instances/Bosses)

Priest - you must feel this calling. If you're selfish and you don't care about the others, don't play as priest. You must have a brain because you are all that may keep your party alive in a instance. There are

Bard - it's a hard class. Again, your team is the most important thing. Keep the buffs to improve your teammates' abilities. There's no free time for bard, it's a constant, hard work

until i have time to make this 100% unbiased im posting it here. and its taken out of the post. please comment on what need fixing or add if you want
    this is all about how you play the class in a >>Instance<<
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Orissa - IllyfueOrissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    New idea: Teamplay guide. I'll try to make it in FW-wiki

EDIT: my part of job is done, now it's time for you to fill the rest of article :P
    http://fw-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Teamplay_Guide
  • Boleyn - IllyfueBoleyn - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Bards arent that hard, you just attack in a certain way so you get your buffs up.
    It might be abit tricky at first because you cant faceroll over your keyboard and get the buffs.
    But you will get used to it very fast, I dont even think about it anymore!
    I just use my skills without thinking and still get my chords.
    edited July 2011
    Bards arent that hard, you just attack in a certain way so you get your buffs up.
    It might be abit tricky at first because you cant faceroll over your keyboard and get the buffs.
    But you will get used to it very fast, I dont even think about it anymore!
    I just use my skills without thinking and still get my chords.

I know, but it's hard to constantly spam chord-making skills, it's the most time-consuming class
  • Boleyn - IllyfueBoleyn - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I know, but it's hard to constantly spam chord-making skills, it's the most time-consuming class

Time consuming class? :confused:
    edited July 2011
    If you want to keep full stacks of buffs, you have to constantly spam chords, there's no free time during battle :p