test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Basic Assassin Guide

Comments

• Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    nubility wrote: »
    So I'm currently an Edge sin and I'm on a PvE server and was thinking of switching to Venom. Is the PvE damage really that much different from Edge to Venom?

On PvE mobs youll kill alot faster with SoA than with edge skills unless its a much lower lvl mob in which case you shouldnt have too much problems with anyway. SoA works great on any event mobs without shadow buff or immunity protection.
  • Yazuri - LionheartYazuri - Lionheart Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    update the skill calculator thing
  • minkiuzzzominkiuzzzo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    can someone post me a venom tree ?

the link are broken
    "server unavable"
  • nightwolf200nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    the talent calculator is under maintenance so nobody can link a venom build for you.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • chiliad8888chiliad8888 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    the talent calculator is under maintenance so nobody can link a venom build for you.

I was just about to ask the same question as the guy above you, hopefully it'll be up soon.
  • wkd80wkd80 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    someone else asked for help with edge too here go with this

Hmm thats a big pain the butt... >.>

Ill just post here what you should probably aim for then. for edge go with this til higher levels then place where you feel you need.

5/5 seal thorn

4/4 keen eye

1/3 Dark shadow

4/4 feral cruelty

3/4 gouge

3/3 edge strike

3/3 advanced gouge

2/2 broke shadow stirke

3/3 sharpen blade

2/3 wound infliction

3/3 bullseye

that should take you to about 53ish I believe.. so work with that and see how it goes for you.

noticed a little problem with this

lvl 60 is required for gouge 3/4 and 20 points are required for the first 4 trees
    edited July 2011
    wkd80 wrote: »
    noticed a little problem with this

lvl 60 is required for gouge 3/4 and 20 points are required for the first 4 trees

just take the 1 point from gouge put it over to dark shadow for another 10% dmg that will still give you the neccessary points

good catch thx
  • viviikittyviviikitty Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    this should REALLY be stickied. i had so many people asking about human vs kindred for mage and assassin today. this list is so neat but i had to go back, what 5 pages to find it again for the new players. geez =_=
    (and obviously no one uses google on their own lol)
    edited July 2011
    viviikitty wrote: »
    this should REALLY be stickied. i had so many people asking about human vs kindred for mage and assassin today. this list is so neat but i had to go back, what 5 pages to find it again for the new players. geez =_=
    (and obviously no one uses google on their own lol)

uh this is stickied o.o unless someone unstickied it o.O
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

• Zdar - EyrdaZdar - Eyrda Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    what should humans put points in instead for 2/3 wound infliction?
    edited July 2011
    what should humans put points in instead for 2/3 wound infliction?

put it into the other talent for assassinate to get your 10% crit from it. Lvl 9 assassinate is like 100% + 2300ish
  • Kedavras - EyrdaKedavras - Eyrda Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    nice guide m8 ;)
    BLAOH
    edited July 2011
    nice guide m8 ;)

Thanks if you see anything that needs to be added into this let me know and I'll try my best to incooperate it into the guide for sins.
  • Okiemute - EyrdaOkiemute - Eyrda Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    minkiuzzzo wrote: »
    can someone post me a venom tree ?

the link are broken
    "server unavable"

all i can give u is this
    FW4.png
    FW5.png
  • Okiemute - EyrdaOkiemute - Eyrda Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    all i can give u is this
    FW4.png
    FW5.png

awsome but a few things I'd tweak

take out the last 3 in the ToP branch and apply it to darkmastery and then remove one from the poison and put it into dark mastery

that way you get 40 dark mastery for your skills and still have a very very high chance for poison/slow with your dark attacks

take out the 2 points in the second part of Secret Art-Agony and apply it to the atk bonus so you get 4% atk increase instead of just 2.

but this is just what i did when i was venom so it caters to my play style
  • lanuevolanuevo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    does any one have some edge talent build that i can follow? tnx in advance im plyaing this game in ph server..
  • jhaaaaajhaaaaa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    guys can i ask. what is most important atri?
    physical attack, attack or physical mastery
    edited August 2011
    im guessing your an edge sin so im gonna say depends on what you feel is more important between physcal attack and physical mastery
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• XDeadly - EyrdaXDeadly - Eyrda Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    awsome but a few things I'd tweak

take out the last 3 in the ToP branch and apply it to darkmastery and then remove one from the poison and put it into dark mastery

that way you get 40 dark mastery for your skills and still have a very very high chance for poison/slow with your dark attacks

take out the 2 points in the second part of Secret Art-Agony and apply it to the atk bonus so you get 4% atk increase instead of just 2.

but this is just what i did when i was venom so it caters to my play style

Strength Fortification only increases your base attack.
    At lvl 70, all sins have 563 base attack,

563*1.04=586

lvl 4 Strength Fortification only gives you 23 more attack, useless talent. Better putting it on Offense Break and advanced art.
    You may not upload animated images.

da fuq?
    edited August 2011

563*1.04=586

lvl 4 Strength Fortification only gives you 23 more attack, useless talent. Better putting it on Offense Break and advanced art.

yeah i never bothered with it during cb or ob just not enough of a boost to be worth investing in it at all
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• NozomiSasaki - Storm LegionNozomiSasaki - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    First let me say, very nice guide. As a new player, having all of this laid out for me so nicely is very beneficial to help me understand and get a general idea of things. I do have a couple of questions though (be it your personal opinion or anything else).

1) I have a Human Assassin that I just made. I'm very unfamiliar with the talent trees since I'm only level 14 atm but I would like your opinion on which tree I should work down for pvp. I want something that can dish out a lot of damage and not be a glass cannon with good utility so I was wondering which you would recommend, Edge or Dark assassin? So far I'm thinking Dark would be the better choice but would greatly appreciate your opinion and advice (learning curves, expenses required for specific class etc).

2) Are there any specific jobs that I should be taking as an assassin? I have the 3 basic jobs (Chef, Botanist and Alchemist) but I was wondering, should I should be shooting for jobs that will allow me to craft my own gear? As of right now, I sort of feel I need these 3 so that I can keep up with my HP and MP consumption but if it comes down to it, I'll get a job reset if necessary.

That's really all I have as far as questions atm. I would really love your opinions on them if you have the time and are willing to help a newbie out (even more than you already have with the guide :)).

Thanks again for this guide and the time put into it.
    edited August 2011
    First let me say, very nice guide. As a new player, having all of this laid out for me so nicely is very beneficial to help me understand and get a general idea of things. I do have a couple of questions though (be it your personal opinion or anything else).

1) I have a Human Assassin that I just made. I'm very unfamiliar with the talent trees since I'm only level 14 atm but I would like your opinion on which tree I should work down for pvp. I want something that can dish out a lot of damage and not be a glass cannon with good utility so I was wondering which you would recommend, Edge or Dark assassin? So far I'm thinking Dark would be the better choice but would greatly appreciate your opinion and advice (learning curves, expenses required for specific class etc).

2) Are there any specific jobs that I should be taking as an assassin? I have the 3 basic jobs (Chef, Botanist and Alchemist) but I was wondering, should I should be shooting for jobs that will allow me to craft my own gear? As of right now, I sort of feel I need these 3 so that I can keep up with my HP and MP consumption but if it comes down to it, I'll get a job reset if necessary.

That's really all I have as far as questions atm. I would really love your opinions on them if you have the time and are willing to help a newbie out (even more than you already have with the guide :)).

Thanks again for this guide and the time put into it.

1) sins in general will always be called squishy for their low def compared to the 2 other melee classes in warriors and protectors that being said edge has significantly higher crit damage and higher crit chance %. shadow has the best eva but in trade has the lowest dps of all three trees but your opponent will miss more if your eva is high enough to counter their acc.

2) cooking, botany, and alchemy are the best jobs to have no matter what class you are. as for jobs like artisan (makes off-hands and war medals used for one of the daily quests), weaponsmith, armorsmith, and jewel crafting those are like a combo job because you'll either have to get mining for artisan (and luck), and scavenger for weapon and armor smithing jobs or start making gold so you can buy the stuff you need to get mats for those as you'll rarely find items for those jobs in drops
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

edited August 2011

563*1.04=586

so its only doing your base without wpn aka 500ish instead of with all your gear on ie 2.3~2.5k at 4% of that??
  • XDeadly - EyrdaXDeadly - Eyrda Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    so its only doing your base without wpn aka 500ish instead of with all your gear on ie 2.3~2.5k at 4% of that??

yes

You may not upload animated images.

da fuq?
  • nikosss18nikosss18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    well....can u tell me what gems u use for Edge tree??

Tnx!
    edited August 2011
    nikosss18 wrote: »
    well....can u tell me what gems u use for Edge tree??

Tnx!

well all around for sins what you go for is attack, crit chance%, crit damage, mp, and eva or hp maybe both
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• sanguinnettisanguinnetti Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Are there any specific skills that we have to purchase a edge sin can avoid to save up on soul coins ?
    edited August 2011
    Are there any specific skills that we have to purchase a edge sin can avoid to save up on soul coins ?

um no idea i bough all the upgrades to skills even tho im venom. never safe then sorry when it comes to skills. besides once you get higher you'll have alot more sg earned between lvls that it won't be much of a problem not to mention the higher lvl you are the more sg you get from dailies
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

edited August 2011
    ***Updated***

-Images of 75 skills Mutlation, Imperiling Hack, Shadow Bite
    -Pet comments, use, skills.
    -Comments on Pros and Cons about new 75 skills
    -Pure vs Hybrid comments
    -What I would do with build!?!?!?

***Upcoming***
    -PvP tactics to deal with
    -Wars and BoR
    -Prots and Rocky
    -Divine Priest Shields and Mana drain
    -Water Bard slow and Shield
    -MM Evasion and Burn Dmg
    -Bypass Vamp bugged Feast
    -Deal with other sin's Swift Evasion
    -Work around Pray Racial
    -Ice mages and mana draining shields
    -Typical pvp tactics for all class and their most likely course of action.