test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Basic Assassin Guide

124678

Comments

  • Sugarboy - EyrdaSugarboy - Eyrda Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ok i've noticed that i get an evasion boost when i use Stalking Shadow of approximately 25% of my current evasion, i haven't placed any talent points in Dark tree's Swift Stalk(or any Dark talent whatsoever) and i'm not seeing in the skill description anywhere that i'm supposed to get this buff. Just wanna know if other sins get this boost as well when they use Stalking Shadow and if it is actually 25% can someone shed some light on this plz
  • Xpandax - EyrdaXpandax - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yeah this happened to me too, I was surprised when I dodged feast in arena with my current evasions. I didn't bother checking because I knew I didn't have enough evasions to dodge feast to begin with.
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ***Edited with new builds up done after testing with a **** load of talent compasses wasted >.> soon to come will be pet talents and Class vs Class specific tatics in pvp***
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ok i've noticed that i get an evasion boost when i use Stalking Shadow of approximately 25% of my current evasion, i haven't placed any talent points in Dark tree's Swift Stalk(or any Dark talent whatsoever) and i'm not seeing in the skill description anywhere that i'm supposed to get this buff. Just wanna know if other sins get this boost as well when they use Stalking Shadow and if it is actually 25% can someone shed some light on this plz

    Stalking shadow gives a boost in evasion its about 25% ish mine goes from 236 to 284 shadow pro activates it along with that +3k
  • Sugarboy - EyrdaSugarboy - Eyrda Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i've been leveling a Dark sin alt to see which talents might benefit me the most if i wanna branch off into dark with Sugar at higher levels and i find both tier one skills: Swift Stalk and Ghost Shadow, to be really useful in pvp. I noticed you took both skills in most of your dark builds in this thread......

    I've got a couple questions;
    Which of these two skills would you find more useful to level up first?(Swift Stalk or Ghost Shadow)
    Is getting Throat Cut and/or Shadow assassin better than either of the tier one skills? (Swift Stalk or Ghost Shadow) and is 18% chance rapid shadow really dependable in pvp because i wouldnt be able to increase the rapid shadow chance.

    I know i posted this in Abels' thread but i'd really like to get the opinions of other sins as well(whether you're dark or not i'll still value the input) thx in advance guys
  • DarkGetsuga - LionheartDarkGetsuga - Lionheart Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Might be off topic but here's a few things:

    1. On char creation screen the female kindred assassin's animation (where she's moving up then quickly moves back) is apparently a lv 80 sin skill thats in CN version (makes sense because far as I've seen all the animations on the char creation screen are of a skill example: kindred/human male mage uses art of magic buff)

    2. A hybrid build I came up with that I might use.
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t1a15b13b34t2a25b13b34t3a11a24b13b23b34c23d23e12e33
    Full hybrid with all 3 trees used. Focuses on making the low lv skills generate orbs at a high speed to use NT and DN's strongest effects ASAP. Swift eva is a must ofc, left out lurking sting and gouge because with rapid shadow and the CD decrease talents on the tree thrust and throat will be as good as spammable, plus assassinate has a good chance of generating an orb and since it has no CD on this tree orbs will gather up fast. (Dark shadow and sudden strike talents used only for the CDs but the damage helps too). Was thinking maybe put points in assassination mastery as well, but decided the rapid shadow talents would work better. 1 point in swift stalk 4 in ghost shadow in order to make stalking shadow "refreshable" before it runs out while negating the reduction of movement speed. Any comments?
  • isyournameisyourname Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This class also has the ability to apply a mana drain to their skills allowing for you to conserve on mana while attacking.

    Assassination Mastery doesn't restore caster's mana but it burns target's mana and 50% of the mana burned is converted to additional dmg.

    I don't think Dark Tree has a talent that restores mana.
  • Zhios - EyrdaZhios - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hi, I just started playing this game two days ago and I'm a little confused about the stealth system for rogues (sins). When I go into stealth, do the higher leveled players see me from a farther range than players of a lower level? I'm confused because there was a level 40 PKer that was following me when I was 30 and when I stealthed he wasn't able to find and kill me. With a ten level range, I thought he would be able to spot me easily. Please clarify the stealth system in this game please. And great job on the guide, it has helped me so much! Currently the PvP of my sin isn't that good but from reading your guide I know now I should stick with my class until higher levels because the skills and rotations of sins at higher levels seem really good for PvP. Again, great job on your guide!:)
  • nightwolf200nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hi, I just started playing this game two days ago and I'm a little confused about the stealth system for rogues (sins). When I go into stealth, do the higher leveled players see me from a farther range than players of a lower level? I'm confused because there was a level 40 PKer that was following me when I was 30 and when I stealthed he wasn't able to find and kill me. With a ten level range, I thought he would be able to spot me easily. Please clarify the stealth system in this game please. And great job on the guide, it has helped me so much! Currently the PvP of my sin isn't that good but from reading your guide I know now I should stick with my class until higher levels because the skills and rotations of sins at higher levels seem really good for PvP. Again, great job on your guide!:)

    in stealth no player can see you. only mobs can see you while in stealth
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

    IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin


    One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • dayumnggadayumngga Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    come play more abels.
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    dayumngga wrote: »
    come play more abels.

    pretty much quit lol
  • dayumnggadayumngga Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    pretty much quit lol

    whyyyyyyy. btw shadowbreak aint that bad at all
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    dayumngga wrote: »
    whyyyyyyy. btw shadowbreak aint that bad at all

    lol idk no reason to play really, save some purple spares for me sometime when i get on
  • dayumnggadayumngga Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lol idk no reason to play really, save some purple spares for me sometime when i get on

    ok but give me your fraps acc so i can record vids of me dueling people
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    dayumngga wrote: »
    ok but give me your fraps acc so i can record vids of me dueling people

    http://fraps.com/ simple to use for capturing video footage of yourself while playing.
  • custsvccustsvc Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Dear Abel,

    I've just started a week plus ago and building my edge sin till lvl 35. Unfortunately, they removed all the links to talent tree that you posted. Could you paste a pic of your talent tree please?
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    custsvc wrote: »
    Dear Abel,

    I've just started a week plus ago and building my edge sin till lvl 35. Unfortunately, they removed all the links to talent tree that you posted. Could you paste a pic of your talent tree please?

    Hmm thats a big pain the butt... >.>

    Ill just post here what you should probably aim for then. for edge go with this til higher levels then place where you feel you need.

    5/5 seal thorn

    4/4 keen eye

    1/3 Dark shadow

    4/4 feral cruelty

    3/4 gouge

    3/3 edge strike

    3/3 advanced gouge

    2/2 broke shadow stirke

    3/3 sharpen blade

    2/3 wound infliction

    3/3 bullseye

    that should take you to about 53ish I believe.. so work with that and see how it goes for you.
  • m4harmonym4harmony Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Great guide . I am new and this helped me decided which class/build im going into to :) thanks
  • Ritehandman - DyosRitehandman - Dyos Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just tested the sin today, leveled it up on to lvl 26, now I am wondering:

    Is a crit chance of 9% normal for a character with the edge tree? I mean for the fact that its based on crits that seems to be pretty low for me.
    ritehandman Gaming and digital Arts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just tested the sin today, leveled it up on to lvl 26, now I am wondering:

    Is a crit chance of 9% normal for a character with the edge tree? I mean for the fact that its based on crits that seems to be pretty low for me.

    You'll find that the crit bonuses you recieve from that tree lay in the actual skills such as gouge with the added talents youll get +11/16% crit rate. Assassins get a passive skill that increases your crit rate, but theres not really any magic talent besides one in the dark tree at lvl 60+ that allows for you to directly add to your Crit Rate Base.
  • Ritehandma - DyosRitehandma - Dyos Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, but I am right by saying that the edge sin is based on crits, right? Therefore I should better watch for a better gear, since I can not really rely on crits, lmao.
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, but I am right by saying that the edge sin is based on crits, right? Therefore I should better watch for a better gear, since I can not really rely on crits, lmao.

    Well, i suppose that you can say they depend partially on crits. For bullseye to take effect and stun you need a crit yes. But to get the silence effect on DN you only need blast orbs which are very easy to obtain in that tree, you also have an extended deadly chaser that ensnares for 3 seconds and you have pain debuff on your finishers that lower their crit dodge, so theres other ways to kill someone with edge instead of depending on just purely your crit. If you depend on only critting someone and put everything into that you'll die in almost all your fights cause honestly the devs of this game made it near to impossible to get over 25% base crit, 1 out of 4 hits ti "maybe" crit isnt that great of chances at all and having a move only take effect IF it crits is horrible. Add that in with how they nerfed from 3 seconds down to 2~3 seconds on a skill that has a 2 second animation compeltely blows. But yeah thats why evasion and acc is so important to sins cause you cant depend on crit and crit dmg, although when you do get it off its very very impressive.
  • nubilitynubility Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Quick question since the talent calc is down, if I'm building an Edge sin, is the picture of the talent calc you have up a recommended build? The issue being I can't view the ones you linked via the talent calc being down and I have like 15 unused talent points lol. So yeah, is the build you have in the picture a good one to follow?
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    nubility wrote: »
    Quick question since the talent calc is down, if I'm building an Edge sin, is the picture of the talent calc you have up a recommended build? The issue being I can't view the ones you linked via the talent calc being down and I have like 15 unused talent points lol. So yeah, is the build you have in the picture a good one to follow?

    someone else asked for help with edge too here go with this
    custsvc wrote: »
    Dear Abel,

    I've just started a week plus ago and building my edge sin till lvl 35. Unfortunately, they removed all the links to talent tree that you posted. Could you paste a pic of your talent tree please?

    Hmm thats a big pain the butt... >.>

    Ill just post here what you should probably aim for then. for edge go with this til higher levels then place where you feel you need.

    5/5 seal thorn

    4/4 keen eye

    1/3 Dark shadow

    4/4 feral cruelty

    3/4 gouge

    3/3 edge strike

    3/3 advanced gouge

    2/2 broke shadow stirke

    3/3 sharpen blade

    2/3 wound infliction

    3/3 bullseye

    that should take you to about 53ish I believe.. so work with that and see how it goes for you.
  • wkd80wkd80 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    hi abel, i'm edge build, what rotation should i use to incorporate gouge?

    i have been using ToP > TS > Gouge > ToP > TS > NT then repeat

    is it best to use NT as soon as possible or should i build the orbs to max before using the finisher?
  • Cutitarul - IllyfueCutitarul - Illyfue Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Abels , you should really start charging a fee for so many advices people are asking from you. :)

    Guys, why don't you try yourselves some builds? It is so much more fun than following another person build.
    Cutitarul - venom assassin - Engage Guild
    LVL 63 now, GM fix my avatar
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    wkd80 wrote: »
    hi abel, i'm edge build, what rotation should i use to incorporate gouge?

    i have been using ToP > TS > Gouge > ToP > TS > NT then repeat

    is it best to use NT as soon as possible or should i build the orbs to max before using the finisher?

    Depends if your going for highest dps then go Stealth, Gouge, ToP, TS, Assassinate, Pitch, ToP, TS, Assassinate, Gouge, NT

    If youre going for fastest pvp combo then go Stealth, Gouge, TS, DN

    If your going for PvE, the just spam skills and wait for all orbs to be full then use NT

    you cant lock in a combo that you will always do because then you just get too predictable... you'll have to adapt to who your pvping or if youre on pk or how much hp they have or if they have mobs on them, what class or race they are etc etc... best advice that i can really give you is just feel it out. Remember that NT has a long animation even though it says 2 seconds, it doesnt strike until 1.25 seconds instead of instantly like gouge or DN.

    @ Cutitarul lol i wish ppl payed me for help >.> then I'd be stacked with lvl 3 wings
  • dayumnggadayumngga Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    "With full blast orbs and using Nightmare termination you can keep an opponent silenced for 7 seconds" Dark nightmare! No problem xD
  • nubilitynubility Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So I'm currently an Edge sin and I'm on a PvE server and was thinking of switching to Venom. Is the PvE damage really that much different from Edge to Venom?
  • VeIocity - LionheartVeIocity - Lionheart Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    my char pic broken :(
Sign In or Register to comment.