test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Basic Assassin Guide

Comments

• Sugarboy - EyrdaSugarboy - Eyrda Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    well see after arena i gotta try to fraps to see how that goes. No one will guild war us :( so no gvg fraps from me.

i recorded a couple vids during arena today.......didnt know my sin could hold his own like that, i still suck and my gear is newb but i just might upload my vids to show you guys my sin and playstyle and see if you can help me a little in areas where i went wrong.

really took advantage of that stealth gouge crit and it worked wonders for me
  • milonix187milonix187 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i recorded a couple vids during arena today.......didnt know my sin could hold his own like that, i still suck and my gear is newb but i just might upload my vids to show you guys my sin and playstyle and see if you can help me a little in areas where i went wrong.

really took advantage of that stealth gouge crit and it worked wonders for me

what talent tree is your sin?
    edited May 2011
    milonix187 wrote: »
    what talent tree is your sin?

i'm an edge sin with a similar build to the one you posted (minus a few talents of course:p )
  • milonix187milonix187 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i'm an edge sin with a similar build to the one you posted (minus a few talents of course:p )

is what i posted good i don't wanna follow it if its all wrong etc
    edited May 2011
    milonix187 wrote: »
    is what i posted good i don't wanna follow it if its all wrong etc

it's good but you're using more talents than the game allows atm because the cap lvl jus increased to lvl70, you must also consider which skills would be more useful to you as you level and which skills you wouldnt mind waiting a bit longer to get....i suggest you dont focus on any dark skills atm until you get all of the high lvl edge skills you want then you can put points in those trees as each tier requires you to have a certain amount of points in the tree before you can advance to skills lower down

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t2a25b13b34c14c21c33e21

this was my build at lvl40 i had a choice between getting the extra crit off of gouge or the 20% crit from stealth i didnt focus on the accuracy at that lvl but its a necessary skill for edge sins. The original poster revealed his build somewhere in this thread and it'll be really nice for you to check that out as well cause he's very knowledgeable about sins and you can see the skills he valued as a lvl60 edge sin.

hope this helps ya out:)
  • Cutitarul - IllyfueCutitarul - Illyfue Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well venom seems to be an excellent build , also in arena. In 4 runs, i killed all three enemies by myself 3 times. :)
    Cutitarul - venom assassin - Engage Guild
    LVL 63 now, GM fix my avatar
  • Korey - IllyfueKorey - Illyfue Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well venom seems to be an excellent build , also in arena. In 4 runs, i killed all three enemies by myself 3 times. :)

Yup i had a few multi kills as well last night ( venom also ). DN + NT ( if pain of nightmare procs ) seems to be enough for most classes to die. Lower hp/def players just need a NT and they're done.

And toxic strike is tearing apart prots, if i ever target one.
    Still i need a lot more gems to take on the stacked ppl :mad:
    RedGuard Guild Leader.

Visit us at : redguard.eu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abels - LionheartAbels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2011

You get the kill if you get the last hit in, if someone takes off 19k hp and you come up and AA them for 300 and they die you get the kill.
  • Liethel - EyrdaLiethel - Eyrda Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ~Bump~

Stickeh please :)

Very nice guide. Love the pictures instead of descriptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _sicarius_ - Eyrda_sicarius_ - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So im a new sin(play a prot nd a mage the majority of the time) i thought tht this would be a good tree for me for PvP any ideas on changes needed I need the help thx :)
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=hum&b=t2a15a25b13b22c14c22c33d13d43e12e33f23f33g13g23h12h22i13i22j13j22
    I hunt down my pray by night
    I always kill without a blight
    But do not fear
    No don't shed a tear
    For the last thing you shall feel
    Is the cold tang of steel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stabbyphantom - EyrdaStabbyphantom - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm following OP's/TC's Edge tree/build ..so what and when should i allocate all these points? I'm currently level 33 at the time of this post and this is my current talent allocation
    Is it worth it spending those 5 points on Ghost Shadow this early?:confused:

Thanks in advance!:D
  • Stabbyphantom - EyrdaStabbyphantom - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    /bump
  • Liethel - EyrdaLiethel - Eyrda Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    *~Bump~*
    Forum Mods should sticky this please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _sicarius_ - Eyrda_sicarius_ - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    *~Bump~*

agreed
    I hunt down my pray by night
    I always kill without a blight
    But do not fear
    No don't shed a tear
    For the last thing you shall feel
    Is the cold tang of steel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lol_u_dead - EyrdaLol_u_dead - Eyrda Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    *~Bump~*

bump somemore i dont want this thread leaving this page
  • alyssa069alyssa069 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Im having trouble getting an avatar to start with:confused:
    can you point me in the right direction?:(
  • nightwolf200nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    alyssa069 wrote: »
    Im having trouble getting an avatar to start with:confused:
    can you point me in the right direction?:(

you have to make a character in-game before you get a avatar on the forum.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
    edited June 2011

Seems like you just kinda put points all over, also thats 71 points not 70 points. I like the idea of you going full edge and sticking to one tree but dont be afraid to branch out into the other trees if you need too. I don't see much point in putting points into Secret Art: Blast, you'll get your orbs fast enough with Gouge and a 3 second TS. I've learned that I hardly use the buffs (VI/Blast) in combat once I start attacking. An one second buff is losing 1 second animation for an attack. You put a point into hypnotic aggravation and I can't seem to figure out why you would do that since it only allows the target to be silenced for 2 seconds after put to sleep. So.. witht that you put someone to sleep in stealth even if you were to attack them with say Gouge by the time Gouge is done with animation so would their silence. Then again you can just attack them out of gouge and they wouldnt even know that you were there in the first place prior to your attack. You should max your physical mastery, end game masteries are priceless, getting some free in a talent tree, it would be dumb not to take it. But depending on what level you are and how you play your sin this tree might actually work out well for you. Best of luck with whatever you choose to do.
  • Lol_u_dead - EyrdaLol_u_dead - Eyrda Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2011
  • kumagnakalb0kumagnakalb0 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You should max your physical mastery, end game masteries are priceless

Finally, i got to see the legendary Abels in action a couple of hours ago (6 hours ago i guess) and yes... He is really good in PvP... 14/15 wins i guess? Hehehe... Well, just a question regarding on hunting marks that you were talking about last time i PM you... Can you expand a little more regarding on this?

And on vamps, i can see that the chances that i will lose the duel is when i start to be disabled and then they pop their usual debuffs and then boom! i spiral down to oblivion... i have seen you deal with this situation and most of the time, you win... what actions do you do in that situation? Thank you...
    edited June 2011
    Finally, i got to see the legendary Abels in action a couple of hours ago (6 hours ago i guess) and yes... He is really good in PvP... 14/15 wins i guess? Hehehe... Well, just a question regarding on hunting marks that you were talking about last time i PM you... Can you expand a little more regarding on this?

And on vamps, i can see that the chances that i will lose the duel is when i start to be disabled and then they pop their usual debuffs and then boom! i spiral down to oblivion... i have seen you deal with this situation and most of the time, you win... what actions do you do in that situation? Thank you...

nice. you get to pick his brain after? what about an autograph? o.o jking about the autograph thing.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

• kumagnakalb0kumagnakalb0 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hehehe... well, he is good... might as well have one from him when i see him again... And you? Hmmm... you are? Nah... haven't heard of you... Make yourself popular and helpful too... and I will have your autograph...

Oh, just kidding on autograph also XD
    edited June 2011
    >.> sticky this stuff already so that people arent asking questions that this thread already answers and flooding out the rest of the topics moderators.... >.>
    edited June 2011
    Hehehe... well, he is good... might as well have one from him when i see him again... And you? Hmmm... you are? Nah... haven't heard of you... Make yourself popular and helpful too... and I will have your autograph...

Oh, just kidding on autograph also XD

lol im sort of helping. not as hardcore as abels. but i offer advice when i can.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• Deviladvocate - LionheartDeviladvocate - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    nice !!! o.O
    DevilAdvocate
  • ShadowCourt - IllyfueShadowCourt - Illyfue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    +1
    I love this class but I'm pretty new to this game so this was helpful.
    Now if you'll excuse me I'll go back to stabbing people from behind.
    edited June 2011
    oh **** what's this.......*rubs eyes* they finally did it. Dont wanna put too much pressure on ya man but if you got the time(or anyone else) can you give detailed descriptions of the talent trees and the race which could benefit which tree best? I know the changes aren't game changing it could be nice like "Since kindred gets added Dark mastery i'll be better for.........".

just a suggestion cause i want this thread to have everything.
    edited June 2011
    oh **** what's this.......*rubs eyes* they finally did it. Dont wanna put too much pressure on ya man but if you got the time(or anyone else) can you give detailed descriptions of the talent trees and the race which could benefit which tree best? I know the changes aren't game changing it could be nice like "Since kindred gets added Dark mastery i'll be better for.........".

just a suggestion cause i want this thread to have everything.

yeah ill get on that ... and ill expand on pets and skills/buffs as well as some things about pvp and higher lvl sin skills in the talent trees, tried out each build pure and hybrid so ive wasted a ton of talent compasses but figured out what works with what.

and yeah THEY = crabclaw i sent him a personal message asking him to sticky it since the mods were doing it. :P thx again crabclaw
    edited June 2011
    about freaking time they did it took them long enough.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]