• Eyrios - LionheartEyrios - Lionheart Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ahh, i failed to read the evasion debuff

thanks
  • deathbunnydeathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Quite late but stickied.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Baby - Storm LegionBaby - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yay sticky!
    Baby
    Soul Marksman
    Storm Server
    Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukiyo - Storm LegionTsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    New color for a sticky celebration! :D
  • evilcliveevilclive Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Could you include the talents to take and the amount of points to put in them? Since the talent calculator has been down so long i dont really know what to do build wise, i want something that is both good in PVP and PVE(but mostly pvp).

I have only one talent compass so i dont want any mistakes in my build :(
  • Baby - Storm LegionBaby - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You will get more talent compasses from getting achievements. One each at 60/100/180 achievements, and 60 should be fairly easy to get without achievement hunting.

Listing out a bunch of talents for builds would be a lot of extra work, but you can try to do what this person did: http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=229611
    Baby
    Soul Marksman
    Storm Server
    Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IiMulch - NyosIiMulch - Nyos Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Real nice guide, I got my talent compass and I'm going to restat to burst because that ROF skill seems amazing for pvp.
    <
    GMS IM NOT LEVEL 35 ANYMORE!!!!
  • Ninety_Nin - Storm LegionNinety_Nin - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    In the precision tree, the talents "Soulforce Return" & "Relaxation"; Do I still receive the HP & MP if I have 20 soul bullets? As if I gained 1 or only if I actually gain a bullet?
  • DeadSun - Storm LegionDeadSun - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Great Guide!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kairuzxkairuzx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Glad to see this guide finally got stickied. Helped me make the choice to go burst right away instead of having to use a talent compass to reset. Anyways, wondering what people are thinking about High Velocity Shot (the level 75 burst skill) and what other burst tree talents you'd get before getting HVS?
  • dfdsfsfdfdsfsf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for this guide!
  • wildlifeseerwildlifeseer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It's my opinion that precision Marksman is the only true way to go for the class.
    It's all a matter of learning how to properly handle your tree! learn those lethal
    combo's, I hear so many complain about how long it takes for Soul Snipe to charge, but
    to use that skill efficiently you should only use it when your target is stunned, or as an
    initial hit before aggro has been obtained. Hunter's mark is legendary paired with a
    properly leveled Fire at Will to decimate an opponent. Just this week I found myself
    in Fort Khoaway holding off the left wing of mobs with a few NPCs supporting, while
    the rest of the party was having trouble with an ambush and getting overrun on the right.
    In summary, you have to fortify your gear to get strong and not be so squishy, I use
    very little gems because I don't need them, choose your gear very carefully, any gear with
    bonuses to earth mastery or attack or even just plain attack bonus is what i am always
    looking for with a large mana bonus. I got myself to over 11k in mana and so can pound
    those mobs for quite some time before having to replenish. Having persistent vigor on
    your pet is also a very helpful "oh **** im getting destroyed" button to save yourself from
    death. The 3 soul bullet costing 12 second damage absorbing shield is yet another survivability booster to have to ensure you can run away to fight another day. In the
    toughest of situations I have been able to survive from just those two skills alone, popping
    an occasional health pot if necessary. I feel I have done a decent job with building a pure
    precision marksman but I am not all knowing either, perhaps someone out there has
    figured out an even better way to let the Marksman stand out among the crowd as a valuable asset to any party.
  • prexett2prexett2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I was pretty blurry about how I'd actually use my talent points before I read through these forums, and I can't say (not that what's been said was bad or none informative) I've become more certain of how to specc after either.

I'm currently abou' to hit lvl 50, just about to get the additional talent compass for 60 achievements and so far I'm mostly precision with a splash into Soul (2 on absorption). When it comes to how I play or enjoy Forsaken World, I've mostly done instances and questing so far. The PvP aspect is something left for me to find out, but I wouldn't mind doing that aswell later.

Short story, or goal of my blabbering: If any experienced and wise MM could share a print screen on how they put their talents out for certain builds.. it would be much appreciated by noobs such as myself I'd reckon.

best regards from a manly, not ugly in any way, dwarf male.
  • Littleguns - LionheartLittleguns - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hi guys, I've been an almost pure burst since I started playing and I think I do a pretty good job in instances like Welkin, AC and OAC. As the servers is down atm I think I have 30-35 or so pts in the burst tree, around 15 in the precision tree and a couple in Soul. We've talked about about burst/precision hybrids. However is Burst/Soul a viable option at 60+?. I am not a fan of the early offensive skills other than the bonus dmg increase for MFB in the precision tree thus far but love the debuffs it has.
  • Arbyss - IllyfueArbyss - Illyfue Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Tsukiyo is it possible that you use this talent calculator to post the builds that you made?
    http://www.aesica.net/fw/
    Since PWE-s calculator isn't working and i'm sure there are a lot of ppl in need of it.
    Thank you :)
  • schulz87schulz87 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    is lava burst better than heat bullet? and on the 2nd row, is it worth leveling swift penetration? since penetration shot is earth, it wouldnt do much damage right?
  • Mangastic - IllyfueMangastic - Illyfue Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    schulz87 wrote: »
    is lava burst better than heat bullet? and on the 2nd row, is it worth leveling swift penetration? since penetration shot is earth, it wouldnt do much damage right?

A burst MM's role lies in dealing AoE damage, as much as possible. In higher level instances (starting from AoS), burst marksmen are highly wanted for their ability to deal immense AoE damage by rotating their 2 core spells, Rake of Fury and Penetrating Shot.

Even without being in Crack Shot mode, you'll see the difference between RoF damage with and without the resistance reduction provided by the Lava Burst talent. Heat Bullet and Soul Burn might be attractive at first look, but they enchance a single target spell, and not even the best one (think MFB). Swift Penetration, on the other hand, is an AWESOME talent, reducing the CD of Penetrating Shot to 2 seconds, enabling you to use exclusively 2 aoe spells without any awkward pauses if needed.
  • Mangastic - IllyfueMangastic - Illyfue Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://www.aesica.net/fw/?race=0&profession=0&level=72&talent=505||05405033300203405303

This is the talent build I opt for by level 70, after reading through these forums and doing some research on my own. Note that is is a PvE build.

Included are all the core damage-enhancing and cooldown reduction burst talents that affect my 2 AoE skills, RoF and PS, without any crappy (yes, crappy ^^) lategame burst talents, such as Burning Rage and High Velocity Shot. Instead, I chose to enhance my single-target damage and took the best 10 points in Precision a marksman could ever get: Weakpoint Tag and Swift Soul Trap.

In theory, this would make me an AoE killer, while still maintaining a steady single-target DPS. I'm still lv62 at the time of making this post, but I've spent enough time in other MMO's to know that I'm on the right path of becoming a mini serial killer with my markswoman!
  • SimSpec - IllyfueSimSpec - Illyfue Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Personally, Backup Fire isnt needed, having 2s cds on both skills is quick enough, which gives you an additional 2 points to put into Speed of Fire (so it's 4/4 for 60 eva) and Burning Rage (atk bonus)
  • Rockbridge - Storm LegionRockbridge - Storm Legion Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How's this for a Precision/Burst hybrid: Click here

Is it worth investing in Aimed Shot or Solid Shot. Not sure if I want to throw points into Art of Reloading instead of Solid Shot or not.
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
    edited September 2011
    The main thing to grasp about Precision and Burst hybrid is it's an Earth and Fire combination. That's fine, considering whilst burst, you have more earth skills anyhow. But that means you need to choose which mastery you want to focus on.

Play around a little, but avoid wasting points in reloading or MFB, you'll rarely be using these skills.

Take a look at,

http://www.aesica.net/fw/?race=0&profession=0&level=80&talent=5515042200030323112||0540503
    edited September 2011
    what about scorching heat? is it worth the burn effect? does burning do massive damge on GvG? Im planning on skipping this and getting backfire instead
    edited September 2011
    Depends on your fire mastery, and if you are willing to sacrifice pts elsewhere.
    Though this does make the skill far more effective both pvp/pve wise.
    edited September 2011
    im having dilemma between scorching and backfire, and I plan on skipping efficient penetration and sahrpnel and placing those point onto art of reloading

good or bad?
  • Rockbridge - Storm LegionRockbridge - Storm Legion Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Play around a little, but avoid wasting points in reloading or MFB, you'll rarely be using these skills.

That's kinda disappointing since I figured MFB was one of the best nukes MMs had plus the critical soul catching buff.
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
    edited September 2011
    MFB is used most by soul/burst players.
    If he's going to use precision, keeping the chain up of Aimed shot will limit the usage of MFB.
  • Arbyss - IllyfueArbyss - Illyfue Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    edited September 2011
    Pretty good.

If you limit points in Swift Soul Trap, Full Analysis -- You can spend to max out Precise Aiming to gain 8% crit chance with Aimed Shot, or max Scorching Heat.
  • xkyokunxxkyokunx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thx For The Help.
  • lucumuslucumus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So...it looks like the t-calculator is unavailable. That's a shame because I need to look up the "PvE Precision" build =/

And I guess no one knows what to skill? *sigh* Wish the OP was still somewhat active here.