Install Arc

Server Location CALIFORNIA

Annie - IllyfueAnnie - Illyfue Posts: 120 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Nyos (PvP EU)
ENJOY
33aqra1.png
Post edited by Annie - Illyfue on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=149991 <- forsaken world support is this good -

Comments

• tanakarotanakaro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I can't understand why is called "Europe" if the location is in the states? I really don't understand this mess ...
  • Fuel - IllyfueFuel - Illyfue Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I thought the European servers where meant to be hosted in Amsterdam not the states ffs. This is just stupid.
  • Annie - IllyfueAnnie - Illyfue Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i think they cant effort to pay 300 euro even less a month to host a server in the UK

so the european community can enjoy lag free servers

they want to make the money they used to make the game fast

but if they keep blowing off the EU community they may find the EU servers empty one day

im pretty sure US cant get there money back as fast as EU can

and idk why they even made multiple servers if there all in the US ... 7 servers for what ?

they should have just let 3 servers since they dont care to make other servers in other places
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=149991 <- forsaken world support is this good -
  • SuzumiyaHa - NyosSuzumiyaHa - Nyos Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol srsly? i waited this long for the eu pvp server just for it to be in the US thats it **** this game and pw im going back to league of legends
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viscaria - EyrdaViscaria - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    For real? :O hmm has anyone experienced a difference in ping? I'm using a dongle atm so I can't really tell. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This is the same **** that has been said many times by ppl about the PVE EU server too.
    Dunno what their goals are to say that it's located in NA when it's indeed in Europe.

I have like 50-60ms ping ingame on Illyfue and Nios and over 250ms on Eyrda (ingame ping, not loggin screen).

It's been proved in many thread that the method used in this topic is incomplete/wrong.
    Well it's up to you to believe it or not, but I see facts and the facts are that I will never been able to get the ping I currently have on a NA server period.
    You can easily see the difference when you're playing between 50ms and 300ms so I don't know what to say :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Driane - EyrdaDriane - Eyrda Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why do all of you think ping is so important? It's pretty comfortable to play even with 300+ ping. The most important thing is server time - that's why EU servers are called so.
  • _KaRa_ - Illyfue_KaRa_ - Illyfue Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    trace ip for Illyfue - 69.174.40.71 ... its in san francisco too lol. The thing is i checked this ip before (like 2 weeks before or so) and it was in europe... weird
  • Ubermensch - NyosUbermensch - Nyos Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Perfect World Entertainment was created to distribute games from Perfect World Co. in North America.
    Questions?))
    Ubermensch | Dark Vampire|VODKA|Crazy Russian Nab
  • Shneibel - IllyfueShneibel - Illyfue Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why do all of you think ping is so important? It's pretty comfortable to play even with 300+ ping. The most important thing is server time - that's why EU servers are called so.

comfortable you say ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbRuXAnYing <---- watch this and say if it is comfortable or not. I know it is from other game but the effect of ping make no different

and if you call a server with EU time zone is a EU server than your brain is ****
    Light Bard with aoe heal, party buff,dureable, lack dmg, elegant look

&

Blood Varmpire with 2nd best single heal, decent dmg, dureable, bitchy look

what to play ? Q.Q
  • Patty_ - EyrdaPatty_ - Eyrda Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    and if you call a server with EU time zone is a EU server than your brain is ****
    :eek:
  • BryanFury - EyrdaBryanFury - Eyrda Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You have not got the location, just the company that own the IP address...

http://tools.pingdom.com/ping/default.aspx?target=69.174.40.77&o=1&id=4373282
    Here is a test of ping with the trace route and as you can see the IP is moved by some locations. It does have a ping of 75ms~ (you have to add all the ms results of each bridge).

http://whois.domaintools.com/69.174.40.77
    If i do ask "WHO'S IP" it obvisouly say to me that the IP is proprety of the PWE enternaintment bla bla bla company. You have to do a TRACE ROUTE to discover the location, not a simple ping or who's..

I do ingame have a ping of 90 up to 300, depend on the ammount of people that log on the server, on the NA East PvP i had a minimum of 300 as ping with a max of 650. EU PvP is not definitelly located in USA...
    edited April 2011
    ya can a freaking admin come and tell us why the eu servers are not in eu ? and dont give me that bullc**** that its in EU because on every EU server i played my ping was not more then 100 and i have 300+ on this servers and its bottering me because i cant gather my monsters to use my soulforce because when i click another target it hits my last target instead of the one i picked and i already lost a tank in the FR because i clicked him and clicked fast to heal and it healed me instead of my target
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    i totally agree with patty_ he thinks because the TIMEZONE is the UK timezone that its in EU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    ya can a freaking admin come and tell us why the eu servers are not in eu ? and dont give me that bullc**** that its in EU because on every EU server i played my ping was not more then 100 and i have 300+ on this servers and its bottering me because i cant gather my monsters to use my soulforce because when i click another target it hits my last target instead of the one i picked and i already lost a tank in the FR because i clicked him and clicked fast to heal and it healed me instead of my target

It is in EU, admins said it already period.

However some providers seem to have some restrictions on the ports used by PWE games, that's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Shneibel - IllyfueShneibel - Illyfue Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It is in EU, admins said it already period.

However some providers seem to have some restrictions on the ports used by PWE games, that's all.

does the GM mention the country the server loc ?

btw, I like your sign
    Light Bard with aoe heal, party buff,dureable, lack dmg, elegant look

&

Blood Varmpire with 2nd best single heal, decent dmg, dureable, bitchy look

what to play ? Q.Q
    edited April 2011
    really its in EU ? i asked my friend who works for a internet company to scan the ip and he said its from california as well .... so ya its in eu -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    really its in EU ? i asked my friend who works for a internet company to scan the ip and he said its from california as well .... so ya its in eu -.-
    You have NOT to scan the IP, you have to TRACE it, mean know ALL the points that it goes starting from you to the server and reverse. With SCAN you just see WHO's the owner of the IP, not the location... your friend does know not much about these things or just did it wrong, pick your choise..
  • nightwolf200nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    fail thread is fail. i tested the nyos server just to see if this were true. and if it was in california i'd have about 70-150 ping. i live in arizona btw and the ping is around 600-700 so explain that to me all wise and powerful annie that doesn't know the difference between scanning the ip and tracing the ip =.=
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Guardio - Storm LegionGuardio - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    it's in EU. look at the hostname
    trace it by using pingplotter
    edited April 2011
    i totally agree with patty_ he thinks because the TIMEZONE is the UK timezone that its in EU
    Time zone is the NL one, so GMT+1, UK does have GMT+0 (i live in GMT+1, alias Italy, and the server have my same time)
  • snowmonsnowmon Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    this is BS, i wouldnt be getting 15 ms if it was in states :P
    edited April 2011
    does the GM mention the country the server loc ?

btw, I like your sign

As already mentioned by the previous posters, it's located in Netherlands, I think Crab said it was in Amsterdam, it has to be confirmed tho.:rolleyes:

And ty for the sign, hope they will do something soon, the 50+ avatar looks way better than the 20 one.. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
    edited April 2011
    snowmon wrote: »
    this is BS, i wouldnt be getting 15 ms if it was in states :P

okey u troll give me a print screen with your ping under the mini map and a print with your ip location
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bryanfury - NyosBryanfury - Nyos Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    okey u troll give me a print screen with your ping under the mini map and a print with your ip location
    As i said...

You have not got the location, just the company that own the IP address...

http://tools.pingdom.com/ping/default.aspx?target=69.174.40.77&o=1&id=4373282
    Here is a test of ping with the trace route and as you can see the IP is moved by some locations. It does have a ping of 75ms~ (you have to add all the ms results of each bridge).

http://whois.domaintools.com/69.174.40.77
    If i do ask "WHO'S IP" it obvisouly say to me that the IP is proprety of the PWE enternaintment bla bla bla company. You have to do a TRACE ROUTE to discover the location, not a simple ping or who's..

I do ingame have a ping of 90 up to 300, depend on the ammount of people that log on the server, on the NA East PvP i had a minimum of 300 as ping with a max of 650. EU PvP is not definitelly located in USA...

And i have to correct myself with my last sentence. The ping i have is not based on the ammount of people (just a little part only) but about how many clients i does have connected at the same time.

I live in italy, and on the [NA EAST PVP] server i had STATICALLY 350->800 as ping.

On the [EU NYOS PVP] server, when i play alone on my Pc i do get 85~->150~ as ping, when also my wife on her pc does get online, we go up to 98~->195~. I tested out also connect a char on my notebook, and i get up to 125~->265~. So partially the ping is based also on how many chars you have online at same time.

Anyay, the server is really in NL, PWE just use some bad protocol to make people connect or does use a bad (or a excessive stronger) firewall that make the pings get up a bit.
  • Woofsie - Storm LegionWoofsie - Storm Legion Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wonder how many threads on the same subject that will fail just as miserably?

I get EU server ping 25-65, non-eu server ping 250- 625 ping. Good enough for me. IP nubbitude tin foil hat can learn how to search forums before starting a new thread and beating a dead horse.

*trolls*

Frankly, I suck at just that and JUST NOW started another whine thread about Lola in the wrong section but - and this is a serious butt indeed - I am a noob and never claimed to be a wiz.
    edited April 2011
    like i said ALL OF U that say u have SMALL PINGS BRING UR PRINT SCREENS with your IP LOCATION & SERVER PING UNDER THE FREAKING MINI MAP

u dont bring this ur lying true your freaking teeth just so u can contradict some one now PROOF OR GTF out my topic

prints in HIGH DEFINITION so i can check if u PS it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bryanfury - NyosBryanfury - Nyos Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    like i said ALL OF U that say u have SMALL PINGS BRING UR PRINT SCREENS with your IP LOCATION & SERVER PING UNDER THE FREAKING MINI MAP

u dont bring this ur lying true your freaking teeth just so u can contradict some one now PROOF OR GTF out my topic

prints in HIGH DEFINITION so i can check if u PS it
    I do have not to prove nothing to you, i do have these stats, you not? Well it may be your bad internet. It's your problem, not mine.

I shown to you what you was doing wrong and you still scream out about the ping.

You don't trust me? well i don't care, i'm ok with the game.
    I said to you where i do live, i said to you what to do and you still don't trust it. I don't care..

bbkkthx
  • slucsluc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I live in Arizona, bullhead to be more specific with fiber optics and I still ping 125-300ms to the US West server. Can you answer me that, troll man?
  • Korey - IllyfueKorey - Illyfue Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The server is in eu. The first hop is in my country ( Bulgaria ), the last hop is just after a hop in nl.

5611804417_914b96f277_b.jpg

Same goes for the EU PVE server :

5552399055_82a6941c64_b.jpg

@OP : maybe you should learn more about networking. There is a difference between the whois info for the network block and the location of the ip itself.
    RedGuard Guild Leader.

Visit us at : redguard.eu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.