What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Guide] Healing 101

Comments

• tolichantolichan Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Bards:

Sonata of Light gives you an E chord.
    In other words, C--> Sonata of Light----> C = you just healed and buffed at the same time!
  • morrendmorrend Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    haha, i think this guide is perfect in every way. clerics will right in depth guides on what they feel is best, but if someone doesn't already know this... SOMEONE needs to be the one to spill the basics
    I am the glass cannon
  • acryllisacryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    For the part about circular AoEs... There is no point in turning a boss away from a group if they have circular AoEs, in fact it will just force the rest of your party to walk into the range of it rather than potentially being out of it w/out having been turned.

Basically:

Directional aoe: Turn boss
    Circular aoe: Keep it facing the whole party so they aren't necessarily forced to be in the range of it.
    Aflac
  • aerosephaneaerosephane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    acryllis wrote: »
    For the part about circular AoEs... There is no point in turning a boss away from a group if they have circular AoEs, in fact it will just force the rest of your party to walk into the range of it rather than potentially being out of it w/out having been turned.

Basically:

Directional aoe: Turn boss
    Circular aoe: Keep it facing the whole party so they aren't necessarily forced to be in the range of it.

+ 1

Too many times the main tank will turn or just stand on the back side of the boss forcing me to run into it's AoE's to heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razgrimrazgrim Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You know it. Its just general information that everyone should already know as a healing class. If your gonna wright a guide please make it useful.

If you're going to "write" a post you should make sure it's spelled "right". And please be kind to the mods, they're here to help and keep things orderly. You probably don't want to get on one's bad side.

And I have to say it's a pretty good guide. It is quite general, but I found a few nice little tips in there that most learners learn the hard way (like don't heal the idiot dps that runs into 3 mobs). Although not many who need to read a guide like this show up in the forums, if a few people learn something here I think it was worth the effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Linux.
    I give or take life. Your pick.
  • junglegirljunglegirl Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Some people are new to group fighting/parties and/or MMOs in general, so it's good to have a tutorial like this. It's best they read the information here and learn it before getting into the game otherwise they might get in there and wipe out their entire party because they just didn't know the basics. Anyway, I for one am glad for this tutorial and ones like it. It really helps the beginners and there is nothing at all wrong with that!

Thanks for the great post! (=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gautiergautier Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wrong pretty bad guide. Just because you're a mod doesnt mean you should make guides.

i'm getting the feeling that you have never played a healer. this is actually a very helpful guide to people who want to play a healer for the first time
  • francischutneyfrancischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wrong pretty bad guide. Just because you're a mod doesnt mean you should make guides.

This is an excellent guide, I love it. It is particularly good because it tells the ignorant and reckless damage dealers of the things they did not know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • mahasukemahasuke Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    saiwave wrote: »
    I'm a priest, however if my party doesn't bring hp pots, then I'll let them drop. Just a heads up, if you see Riese in a party, you'd better bring pots if you expect to live. I'll heal my tank above the party. If my tank doesn't need it as much then sure I'll heal others. But for the main part, I'm a solo healer who stays focused on my tank only. I'll heal others when I can but do be prepared to use pots because from what I've heard the cooldowns suck and same for mp pool. If you can't heal yourself then you shouldn't rely on staying alive. Everyone who's a dps, tank, or healer, should ALWAYS bring hp pots!!!! I find out they don't I refuse to heal em xP

As far as the guide goes, great info. I heard a little about the vampire class having a heal, but as well not many will ever get it nor use it sadly. Whereas bards ought to know that they are the second healing class here and should have their heals up to par. Yes, I know they aren't as good as a priest but they can heal the whole party where the priest excels in single targets. To me, having a bard will be much better then being stuck with a vampire and only the vampire. My tip for those playing these three classes, get the heal skills if you plan on being in many parties. I'll keep names of those I run into that don't and won't party with them again as I'm sure several others will do the same. Again, nice guide, and thanks for the info!

Either I'm old school (UO, EQ, DAoC, WoW) or they do things differently in the PWI world cuz in the P2P games I play this denotes a bad healer. Unless you and a tank can beat the entire instance by yourselves it seems logical to spread the love on heals. A G-O-O-D healer knows how to switch targets and toss heals to his entire party.
  • lushyyylushyyy Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    mahasuke wrote: »
    Either I'm old school (UO, EQ, DAoC, WoW) or they do things differently in the PWI world cuz in the P2P games I play this denotes a bad healer. Unless you and a tank can beat the entire instance by yourselves it seems logical to spread the love on heals. A G-O-O-D healer knows how to switch targets and toss heals to his entire party.

QFT. +1 Obviously the tank should be the primary target for your heals, if a damage dealer falls during combat or a boss fight it may be an annoyance but more than likely it will not result in a wipe, while if the tank drops more than likely the party will fail. Yes everyone in the party should be bringing HP potions, it should be common sense, the healer cannot constantly keep everyone topped off all the time, and mistakes happens, but you shouldn't completely stop healing someone just because they don't have potions. If you don't heal anyone in the party besides the tank and all of your damage dealers die you probably won't make it very far in an instance, or you will **** people off and have them leave. As a healer, especially a priest, it is your JOB, and your role within the party to heal other players. Not every class in the game can heal itself, that's why there is a priest in the first place.
    When the world all around you is crumbling and you have nothing left but your faith...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sayn - EyrdaSayn - Eyrda Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mahasuke wrote: »

We do differently on Pwi World, main reasons?firstly, skills mp cost is HIGH, secondly regen is quite bad in most pwe games however FW gets the first prize in bad mp regen it that you ahve to rely on food and pots, potions are not free and npc potions sux a$$, don't come saying you cna get money doing life on freedom ahrbor because thats a total lie on instances past light house, Thirdly player made pots are reaaalyy cool, but we suffer from one little thing caled vigor, meaning we can only do a limited amount of pots per day and thus need buying crappy npc pots to support our instances, and we have to distribute it between health and mana pots(every single class needs to do this), so if priests/bards/vamps are doing this why don't you lousy DDs and tanks do it too, you know take one for the team ;). People will mostly let you die if they find you selfish enough. FOurthly, if you come with a mega train behind or with adds in a tight situation, the healer will draw aggro if he/she heals you, menaing a healer dying, the tank dying and the party dying, so is waaay better to just ignore mr careless and let the others guys actually complete their things, have fun, be there for the roll.
  • Iryu - Storm LegionIryu - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    So you've picked up a class that has, in some form, a healing skill. Whether it heals a single target or your whole group you are capable of doing what keeps everyone else alive.

There is no doubt that it is one of the toughest and most under appreciated jobs in any MMO and this is no exception. But, look on the bright side. The Priest is not the only healer, you have support healers to help you keep the party alive. Here are a few basic things you and the rest of the party should know about healers.

This "guide" is not limited to the eyes of a healer but for anyone who plans on partying. The tanks and damage dealers will also need to be aware of a healer's strengths and limits to ensure everything goes according to plan.
    healers.png
    From left: Elven Bard, Elven Priest, Kindred Vampire

S K I L L S
    One cannot stress this enough. Be prepared to heal your party. It does not matter that you have chosen a talent path that focuses on damage. You are the only one in this party that is able to heal and you are going to heal.

Priests
    Your first healing skill... is there when you start the game. You will, in most cases, heal a lot more than any of the other two classes therefore be prepared to be the main healer.

Iryu Edit:
    Priests will be considered the Main Healer all the way until the Lighthouse where a Light talent Bard can easily single solo a good party in the Lost Lighthouse.

Human Healers will excel more than Elf priests because of Heal CD being available earlier than the Elf priest's HOT heal CD in Earlier Levels.

However, the Elf Priests become more useful during the Lost Lighthouse in which their HOTs can be spammed on DDs should any other support healer is incapable of support healing.

Bards
    Your first healing skill is available to you at level 30. Buy this skill ASAP. Do NOT register for an instance until you have this skill, Sonata of Life (AoE heal), on your hotkey bar. As soon as you hit 30 you are flagged as a healer so, I repeat, get the skill before you do anything else.[/COLOR][/B]

Vampires
    Your healing skill, Dark Contract, is available at level 16. It may not heal a lot at first but it will help to support the party's main healer. Note that the Vampire should be considered as a purely support healer unless they have specifically went down the Blood talent tree (even then they will not be able to replace the Priest entirely).

Iryu Edit:
    While Vamps may be considered to have weak heals, I Have seen a Warrior HP pot spam/kite the bosses in Emperor's Canyon with weak vamp heals. Anything is possible with the Vamp as long you have the patience and know-how of the mechanics.

Other Classes
    Keep in mind that while it is a healer's job to keep the party alive they are not capable of healing without having to wait for cooldown and their MP pool is not a bottomless pit. Allow them to regenerate their MP with food whenever possible (ie. before a boss fight) and remember to bring your own HP potions.

Make their job a little easier by staying out of AoEs and minions when possible. Not everyone has to play hero.

Iryu Edit:

When initiating Combat with Trash mobs or bosses, make sure you HIT all of them unless you want them whacking on the Healers and causing slower progression. Always pay attention to where the healer is.

P O T I O N S
    It is a given that the healer will use up a lot of MP potions whether you are in a good party or a horrible one (we hope never the latter). So... stock up! Do your daily Alchemy and Cooking Tutorials to stock up on potions and for a chance to get special recipes. I cannot stress this enough. Be prepared at all times. There is nothing more irritating than a healer, or any class for that matter, who comes into an instance and says "I don't have MP/HP potions"...

Use the drink that heals MP over time during bosses. It helps a great deal and you will see that your MP will rarely fall under 50% if in a good party.

Also, whenever you are out questing make sure to pick up any and all plants to make your own potions. If not you could buy potions from NPCs but it heals less and is a waste of coins.

Iryu Edit:
    Spam MP potions whenever your down to 50%. Always keep that Mana bar high up incase the situation goes FUBAR.

Also spam HP potions whenever possible, to save Mana on your allies instead of a cut on your Robe.

P A R T Y . U P
    So, you've got all the MP potions you'll ever need with maybe a couple HP for those emergencies. You've registered for an instance or are ready to take on a world boss with your party...

Iryu Edit:

Friends and Guilds are always the best choice in enjoying an instance. However, PUGS can also be enjoyable so as long as the people know what they are doing. You should be able to tell withing the first 2 minutes of your time. If they aren't capable of handling the instance.. Please, do not leave. Be a mentor and show them what to do and how they need to tackle it instead of ranting it on the forums.

Minions aka "Trash Mobs"
    The so-called trash mobs in an instance are... well, they're not meant to kill you before you reach the boss, usually. Staying out of harms way and healing whomever happens to take the hit is pretty straight forward stuff. Know how much you are able to heal and learn to conserve your MP here as well. There's no need to over heal.

If you see a party member running towards you with a HUGE trail of mobs... the best thing you can do for anyone is allow them to fall and the mobs to disperse. If you throw in a heal the mobs will first devour the not-so-smart team member first before coming after you.

For the rest of the party, don't run into a huge group of mobs head first. Mages and Marksmen should be wary of using their knockback skills. Do NOT use it if there are more mobs behind the ones you are killing.

Iryu Edit:
    "
    If you see a party member running towards you with a HUGE trail of mobs... the best thing you can do for anyone is allow them to fall and the mobs to disperse. If you throw in a heal the mobs will first devour the not-so-smart team member first before coming after you."

= False. The Mobs will devour you instead, so run like hell when it happens. If nobody comes to save you, then let yourself die. It should serve as a reminder on how fragile you are and how important you are to the team when they are all being murdered.

On trash mobs, don't keep spamming heals everytime they lose 1k HP. Let it fall around 2K to conserve MP unless you have enough pots and food to waste. Remember how much your heals first and what the maximum amount you can do and then factor in their HP beforehand.

Boss Fight and the "Adds"
    Give yourself and the boss the maximum distance possible and still be able to reach everyone. If you know using your other skills bring you closer to the damage area then either stay put, be ready to use HP potions if you need to, or remember to move back.

For the other classes, if you know the boss has a frontal AoE then don't stand in front of it unless you are the one tanking. And if you are the tanker, be sure to keep the boss from facing others. If it's an all around one, there's not much you can do probably but rule of thumb is keep the boss facing you and not the others.

Some bosses will summon "adds" or for some reason someone attracted another mob close by. They tend to go for the healers when left unchecked so protect the healers. It is good practice to give your surrounding a sweep before you engage in a boss fight but things get missed... but as long as you keep the healer alive you will keep the tank alive and the rest of the party.

Iryu Edit:
    Mortulor the Drake is a Lv 40 boss in the Lost lighthouse that spawns Adds. If the DD does not attack them, you as a healer will find them beating on you instead with a paddle (Kinky). Make sure to let your DDs know that you are being paddled if they haven't yet.

Z E R O . T O . H E R O
    Sometimes when you register for an instance with a random party match up a Bard will be flagged as the main healer with a Vampire support or vice versa when there are no Priests available.

If you see that there are no Priests... don't just quit the instance. These two support classes are capable of healing. But at the same time keep in mind that not everyone will have went down the Light or Blood talent path (healing paths for Bard and Vampire) so proceed with caution. Determine whether your party is able to handle the task, if not, try again.

Their healing cooldowns are not as fast so if you do not have to take damage, don't. Allow the tank to take the aggro first. The last thing you want is a Vampire or Bard desperately trying to heal the whole party killing several different things and end up dying. Remember... they are both pretty squishy and you do not want them attracting aggro through healing. Bards especially have a high-aggro healing skill due to its AoE nature.

C L O S I N G
    Supporting the party is not just for the healers. The rest of the party will also need to pitch in and help make the run a success. Not everyone is a veteran healer and of course not everyone is an experienced tank or damage dealing class. Keeping in mind the capabilities and limits of other classes will ensure that you and your party keeps their face off the ground.

Edit: Dang Preview button
  • Figlu - LionheartFiglu - Lionheart Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    S K I L L S
    One cannot stress this enough. Be prepared to heal your party. It does not matter that you have chosen a talent path that focuses on damage. You are the only one in this party that is able to heal and you are going to heal.

yeah you wouldn't be healed if you were in my party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm a mind-f**king **** star.
  • Remnants - Storm LegionRemnants - Storm Legion Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Good guide but just so you know, unless I need it for a skill, I won't carry mana cept for the ones I got on me. I don't need it most of the time. =.= Example being. PW - PWI - Cleric - BB - 5 sec drains 500 mana to heal xxxx amount + add physical def. res.
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Love the guide. I didn't know bards learned their AoE heal skill at 30 and it's nice to see that bards and vampires can help heal, even if they don't want to.

Partly backs up my "I'm not healing a bard/ vampire when I know they can heal themselves." Let's me stay focused on who actually needs healing, regardless of chosen paths.

EDIT: Lol, people know there are forums for games. Heck, there's a forum for forums. That's just an excuse to give people that don't feel they need to learn anything or think they already know everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • His_Minion - IllyfueHis_Minion - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So i am a priest because in all PWE games i was either a tank or a support (archer). As in FW they don;t have archer class, and the tank is a big rock (no offense... can't bring myself to play a male toon, since i am a girl), i chose healer. That and the fact i used to play warrior in CB and ran into OH so many trashy priests... But my secondary character is a vampire, on blood. IF and only IF you get a good squad, at lvl 30 a blood vampire can tank all through Emperor's Canyon AND keep the party alive all by himself. If not, you may loose one or two members of the squad, mainly those that don;t understand when you tell them NOT TO take agro from you, or RECALL their damn pets before jumping in at Yuri, or, the worst case, those who refuse to regenerate.

People must understand, in a low lvl squad (and i'm giving my vampire's example, since she's lower lvl), if the vampire is the highest lvl in squad, the vampire WILL tank (and by highest lvl i mean me being 36 and the following lvl under 29). Even if you are a protector, 10 lvls between you and the vampire makes the vampire the tank. I find it dmg/time wise. We can also self heal, heal you, and kill Desolar, on the grounds that you don;t go berserk on the boss while we kill you - you WILL die.

Also if there is no mass healer in squad (advice for lower lvls, that still go through Emperor's Canyon), if the one that tanks tells you, "Someone PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THE ADDS", well DO SO! The small bugs do dot AND silence (you can't even use pots in that time interval), which, combined with the lack of an aoe heal, will most definately lead to the death of one or two damage dealers (usually the ones with lower hp and higher attack power).

If you get squad up with a lower lvl vamp as a single healer, during boss fights, USE POTS if the tanker's life goes down fast. Low lvl vamps (up till 25-30) have a 7 sec total cd and cast time for their heal, and it only improves in time. So the vamp will keep the tank alive, at the cost of your lives.

On a side note, GOD'S TRIAL. People, please, DON'T GO IN WITHOUT POTS!!! I think there hasn;t been enough stress on this matter. Treat it like any other dungeon and GET POTS!!! Lately there has been a large number of HIGH LVLS dying in GT!!! FFS, pardon my expression, if you go in mentor mode and you end up 3 high lvls and 3 low lvls, that only hit to intimidate the boss, don;t expect the healer to go from his pillar to yours, just to heal you. It's time consuming, and when pillars go down the mana pots consume goes up. At this rate, we will end up like in PWI, where a good tank and a good healer are being PAYED by the squad!!! (PWI players know what i'm talking about).

I end my pledge with something a good friend told me once, at my first encounter with the Arena of Souls - "A DD that yells at the healer or the tank in his party is a poor DD!" Time your spells so that you don't overagro, and use pots! They're life saviors, even for priests!
  • Omglolwtf - LionheartOmglolwtf - Lionheart Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I say make HP Pots your MAIN health replendisher

The current Level 3x priests and bards you see today think they are a Pure DPS class when it comes to GT/instances.
  • francischutneyfrancischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's annoying when people yell at Bards: HEAL!! When there is a cooldown for 10 seconds for the AOE heal, and sometimes they even think that Bards can heal one person, and they get mad at you for "not healing"

And its annoying when Vamps NEVER heal ever, even if the Priest is dying, they rarely ever heal. They usually only heal their self, and sometimes they don't even heal themself if they are dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • talerontaleron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    whats peoples oppinion about healing pets? i personally think its a waste of mana since all u have to do is feed pets food that hardly costs anything

cost of pet food < cost of mana pots(or crafted ones)

or am i just stingy with my mana?
  • Trieli - Storm LegionTrieli - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    anyboy want to heal me?
  • spocikspocik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Pets are NOT a part of the party. You are only to heal party members.

My pet is my thing, your pet is your thing. Easy as that.
  • Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Pets are more of a who cares. you shouldnt be told to heal a pet. Once in awhile you will see something saying Heal my pet. but i have only seen this once. and i said "af dis" Abbriviating text is what saves lifes in some instances. Pets are not important BUT they are a good extra DPS. In the long run you save MP if everyone uses pets.

1)They attack the boss so less time means less heals
    2)Some people send in pets first so you dont need to worry about healing right away.
    3)Some people teach their pet useful spells that come in handy in a instance.

BUT if they dont ask then dont waist the mana.
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • modustrollenzmodustrollenz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the guide. While some of it is "duh" material for those of us who are used to healing, it helps a noob to the game like myself know that mana pots are essential no matter what caliber of party. Now I can put that in my list of things to prepare for.
  • ethanty4ethanty4 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Imo your not giving Vampires enough credit. Blood Vamps can heal just as well as Light Bards, and almost, if not just as well as Divine Priests. The only diffrence is that Priests get their healing spells at earlier levels.

Inferno and Dark Vamps make for good solo healers(takes pressure off Priest) and maybe a small support role, but not good enough to be the main healer.

A GOOD Blood Vampire would make a fine Main healer.
  • Kaely - Storm LegionKaely - Storm Legion Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ethanty4 wrote: »
    Imo your not giving Vampires enough credit. Blood Vamps can heal just as well as Light Bards, and almost, if not just as well as Divine Priests. The only diffrence is that Priests get their healing spells at earlier levels.

Inferno and Dark Vamps make for good solo healers(takes pressure off Priest) and maybe a small support role, but not good enough to be the main healer.

Excellent point. Inferno and Dark vampires simply don't have the heals to main heal. People need to understand that and play accordingly. Don't assume a vampire can main heal unless it's a blood vampire! Blood vampires can heal pretty well.
    I've ended up in party before with a glacial priest who didn't have the slightest idea how to heal. Now THAT was shocking!
  • Breandan - Storm LegionBreandan - Storm Legion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    People need to realize that i will not kill them to use a pot once in a while but it may kill them if they don't.

For your pet bring pots. My priest or vamp is not healing your pet. I am much too busy saving your butt.

The guide is very useful if people will just read it and learn. Too many people expect to be able to roll over on thier key board, kill everything and let others worry about thier hp bars. It is your bar look at it once in a while.
  • dralusdralus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Tks Deathbunny, I did not know the healing skills of others and all info was good. Nice to know some ppl dont need this guide or are just rude but is a helpful one. Glad I saw it.
  • StrykerJ - LionheartStrykerJ - Lionheart Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    To all you flamers, i'm guessing you have never had to run instances with priests or bards or vampires who either can't heal for ****, or to try to play the "almighty god, because i can heal" game? I appreciate a moderator putting something there to give the newbies a little jumpstart!
  • Frostum - IllyfueFrostum - Illyfue Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Things that **** healers off:

1)[mage/dd] i have no mana no pots
    [me] idiot, u have no use whatsoever other than use spells with mana, so bring mp pots!!
    [thoughts]not again.
    (i add em to foes list or should i say imbeciles u should be aware off, and blok em, also warn n world chat)

2)in a boss fight:
    [som1] heal my pet pls
    [me] after boss, im busy u know?
    A sec later, i did actually time it with the chronometre.
    [som1] heal my pet
    [me] GRRR

[note] even if we can see ppls hp bars we cannot see ur pets hp bar=we have to look around to find ur sometimes tiny pet and heal, not something im up for when a boss threatens to wipe pt. But, after boss i can heal ur pet, how can we help u(oh ur majesty)?
    Well if u click ur pet, then i can clik u with ur hp bar and know what ur targeting, and heal ur pet.

3) aoe boss goes hard n pt:
    Im healing every1, but im having a hard time, im partied up with a vamp.
    Yet the ***** vamp refuses to heal him/herselft
    Ok, i understand u may not be a blood vamp, and so ir healing is as crappy as it could be, but cmon, im just asking u to heal urself

Note:i encountered most of this when i was a lowbie, now at higher lvls i Never Pugg in an instance, but if i do(rarely) i wont loose my time n just leave if the pt is full of dumbass ppl.
    I can accept failure but not lazy ppl.
  • lamesquirellamesquirel Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ethanty4 wrote: »

I think you all forget this guide was made around the beta days. This means very little was known about the full capacity of a Blood Vamps healing. Although I think a Blood Vamp is a good healer if done correctly, I believe a Bard or Priest is best well suited. The thing is though a Blood Vamp is the best sub healer, this way they can DPS while healing the Priest/Bard. Thats my personal opinion so I understand some will disagree. Just remember its a old guide. Its all based off common sense, and what we knew about the game at the time.