• Gamuza - Storm LegionGamuza - Storm Legion Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ahh ok I understand then thanks.
  • Kazairosi - EyrdaKazairosi - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ok so basicaly
    <-- noob :p
    i see alot of different types of builds but not the way i hoped 2 see them
    let me get straight to the point, im looking for a pvp build that does the highest damage... not mob controll or whatever just looking for pure raw damage .can i plz see a build like that. or better yet just tel me which talent 2 go for.:mad:
  • DeathRider - EyrdaDeathRider - Eyrda Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    uniquepr0 wrote: »

Looks really nice in fact Ive been thinking goin those points on Fire tree... Thou your missin important skills on thunder tree thou to it like ice breaker incress 5/10% damage of wind spells.... like wind spells discharge 100% debuffin or +15% interrupt enemy castin which will be 40% in thunder penetration....... Now sinister force; mp burning, looks nice but im not sure how it will work with the mp potin?? :confused:

Any who tried CB this skill mp burnin it works goood if ur enemy is potin?
    [sigpic]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-46579-1307226035276116204-green.png[/sigpic]

Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the FINAL Victory comes.
  • AiShinozaki - LionheartAiShinozaki - Lionheart Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011

why not get the burning damage of rage of demons?

i find it that fire mages should focus on their burning damage. Its where i think most of the damage of fire mages will come from later in the game

i might be wrong tho
    edited April 2011

probably we'll have to get Thunder Paralyze...

I was thinking of this build

Build:
    lvl 24 - Fireball Explosion 5
    lvl 29 - Fireball Energy 5
    lvl 30 - Flame of Fury 1
    lvl 32 - Flame Inspiration 2
    lvl 34 - Lingering Fire 2
    lvl 38 - Advanced Flame of Fury 4
    lvl 39 - Lingering Fire 1
    lvl 42 - Flame of Demons 3
    lvl 43 - Lingering Fire 1
    lvl 44 - Save 1
    lvl 45 - Flame of Fury 1, Call of Demons 1
    lvl 46 - Call of Demons 1
    lvl 49 - Fire Knowledge 3
    lvl 53 - Ignition Master 4
    lvl 54 - Fire Meditation 1
    lvl 56 - Fire Shield 2
    lvl 58 - Hasted Burning 2
    lvl 59 - Save 1
    lvl 60 - Flame of Fury 1, Hasted Flames 1
    lvl 62 - Hasted Flames 2
    lvl 64 - Infuriated Mind 2
    lvl 67 - Master of Heat 3
    lvl 70 - Fire Knowledge 3
    lvl 74 - Thunder Paralyze 4
    lvl 75 - Flame of Fury 1

Build is finished after lvl 75, other points are for customization.

Note:
    If Lightning Mages are hard to come by, put 4 points into Thunder Paralyze earlier. Put it after you have gotten Ignition Master 4 (lvl 53)

I was thinking of this skill spam sequence:

AOE:
    Thunderclap
    Flame of Fury
    Rage of Demons
    Fireball
    Flame of Fury
    Rage of Demons
    (Repeat)

Single Target:
    Thunderclap
    Fireball
    Fireball
    Fireball
    Fireball
    (Repeat)
  • UPhoria - EyrdaUPhoria - Eyrda Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    probably we'll have to get Thunder Paralyze...

I was thinking of this build

Build:
    lvl 24 - Fireball Explosion 5
    lvl 29 - Fireball Energy 5
    lvl 30 - Flame of Fury 1
    lvl 32 - Flame Inspiration 2
    lvl 34 - Lingering Fire 2
    lvl 38 - Advanced Flame of Fury 4
    lvl 39 - Lingering Fire 1
    lvl 42 - Flame of Demons 3
    lvl 43 - Lingering Fire 1
    lvl 44 - Save 1
    lvl 45 - Flame of Fury 1, Call of Demons 1
    lvl 46 - Call of Demons 1
    lvl 49 - Fire Knowledge 3
    lvl 53 - Ignition Master 4
    lvl 54 - Fire Meditation 1
    lvl 56 - Fire Shield 2
    lvl 58 - Hasted Burning 2
    lvl 59 - Save 1
    lvl 60 - Flame of Fury 1, Hasted Flames 1
    lvl 62 - Hasted Flames 2
    lvl 64 - Infuriated Mind 2
    lvl 67 - Master of Heat 3
    lvl 70 - Fire Knowledge 3
    lvl 74 - Thunder Paralyze 4
    lvl 75 - Flame of Fury 1

Build is finished after lvl 75, other points are for customization.

Note:
    If Lightning Mages are hard to come by, put 4 points into Thunder Paralyze earlier. Put it after you have gotten Ignition Master 4 (lvl 53)

I was thinking of this skill spam sequence:

AOE:
    Thunderclap
    Flame of Fury
    Rage of Demons
    Fireball
    Flame of Fury
    Rage of Demons
    (Repeat)

Single Target:
    Thunderclap
    Fireball
    Fireball
    Fireball
    Fireball
    (Repeat)

Lmao i like who you named your character after. Ever heard of Hwang Mi Hee, Ryu Ji Hye, Han Ga Eun, Choi Byul I, Kim Ha Yul, Song Jina, Im Soo Yeon, Kim In Ae, or Nozomi Sazaki? (Wow I'm scared of myself now)

Anyways, there are quite a bit of problems.
    If you take the derivative of the burning damage , as well as "bonus" damage in respect to Attack power and Max MP level, it is 0. If you don't know Calculus, that means it does not stack along with your attack damage and such, which makes it useless at endgame.

Therefore, no need to put excessive points in Fireball Explosion, Flame of Demons, Ignition Master, Hasted Burning, and Flame of Fury.

Max MP -> Damage skills were not put in. Force of Protection and Fire Knowledge may prove to be very effective.

Infuriated Mind is not very useful either because if going by theoretical critical chance, which is 8%, it only increases your overall DPS of those skills by 1.43% (Don't even ask how I calculated it unless you have a math knowledge above algebra). And it's only the 2 skills, imagine the other skills you use, doesn't even apply so the benefits are even lower.

Master of Heat requires more experimenting as I have heard end game protectors have 3000 defense, so I am not sure if Master of Heat will be useful against them, but i think it well may as well be effective against other squishies. So I am not sure about this skill.

Okay, well here's the tl;dr version:
    Abandon skills that only enhance burning damage and bonus damage (Unless you have to have it as a prerequisite).
    Put in more skills with max MP in.
    Take out Infuriated Mind.
  • ForeverAlone - LionheartForeverAlone - Lionheart Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    why not get the burning damage of rage of demons?

i find it that fire mages should focus on their burning damage. Its where i think most of the damage of fire mages will come from later in the game

i might be wrong tho

Burning damage does very little in PvP. Normally, my burning does 399 damage but when used on a player, it only does about 35 damage per tick. It's better to focus on "max mp" based skills i.e. Lingering Fire, Force of Protection, and Fire Knowledge. PvP or PvE, it does the same damage directly proportional to your max mp.
    edited April 2011
    Lmao i like who you named your character after. Ever heard of Hwang Mi Hee, Ryu Ji Hye, Han Ga Eun, Choi Byul I, Kim Ha Yul, Song Jina, Im Soo Yeon, Kim In Ae, or Nozomi Sazaki? (Wow I'm scared of myself now)

Anyways, there are quite a bit of problems.
    If you take the derivative of the burning damage , as well as "bonus" damage in respect to Attack power and Max MP level, it is 0. If you don't know Calculus, that means it does not stack along with your attack damage and such, which makes it useless at endgame.

Therefore, no need to put excessive points in Fireball Explosion, Flame of Demons, Ignition Master, Hasted Burning, and Flame of Fury.

Max MP -> Damage skills were not put in. Force of Protection and Fire Knowledge may prove to be very effective.

Infuriated Mind is not very useful either because if going by theoretical critical chance, which is 8%, it only increases your overall DPS of those skills by 1.43% (Don't even ask how I calculated it unless you have a math knowledge above algebra). And it's only the 2 skills, imagine the other skills you use, doesn't even apply so the benefits are even lower.

Master of Heat requires more experimenting as I have heard end game protectors have 3000 defense, so I am not sure if Master of Heat will be useful against them, but i think it well may as well be effective against other squishies. So I am not sure about this skill.

Okay, well here's the tl;dr version:
    Abandon skills that only enhance burning damage and bonus damage (Unless you have to have it as a prerequisite).
    Put in more skills with max MP in.
    Take out Infuriated Mind.

i know nozomi sazaki. yeah. i like her. i hope she goes... you know ;)

ahh ok.. well, i was thinking that maybe fire mastery increases burning damage. and as of the moment, i really feel that the burning damage from my spells (with the talents) is making a big difference with my dps.. (it accounts to almost 30% of my dps). i also noticed that my burning damage stacks.. so its very effective whenever i spam my fireball (i think with low cooldown fireball and higher duration burn you can stack as much as 5 fireballs)

no pun intended but, i'm a math major. i know what you're talking about.. i ate PDEs and black scholes in master year.
  • UPhoria - EyrdaUPhoria - Eyrda Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i know nozomi sazaki. yeah. i like her. i hope she goes... you know ;)

ahh ok.. well, i was thinking that maybe fire mastery increases burning damage. and as of the moment, i really feel that the burning damage from my spells (with the talents) is making a big difference with my dps.. (it accounts to almost 30% of my dps). i also noticed that my burning damage stacks.. so its very effective whenever i spam my fireball (i think with low cooldown fireball and higher duration burn you can stack as much as 5 fireballs)

no pun intended but, i'm a math major. i know what you're talking about.. i ate PDEs and black scholes in master year.

Yes, burning damage is effective in lower levels, but not in higher levels at all.
    It's as if the equation for the damage of fireball (Where x is attack damage) is:
    y = x + 2000 + 300*5

The effectiveness of bonus damage relative to the damage can be modeled as:
    f(x) = (2000+300*5)/x

So the limit as x -> infinity becomes 0.

Alright, I'm just trying to apply math to everything I do atm just to help me study for my AP test for Calculus AB (Which should be easy).
    edited April 2011
    Yes, burning damage is effective in lower levels, but not in higher levels at all.
    It's as if the equation for the damage of fireball (Where x is attack damage) is:
    y = x + 2000 + 300*5

The effectiveness of bonus damage relative to the damage can be modeled as:
    f(x) = (2000+300*5)/x

So the limit as x -> infinity becomes 0.

Alright, I'm just trying to apply math to everything I do atm just to help me study for my AP test for Calculus AB (Which should be easy).

yup you're right..

but we'll see later if this is really true. the equipment options are very limited atm so there is no way to tell whether your attack power can be high enough to overpower the highest burning damage we know now.

and also, they might add +burning damage mods in the future. you can never can tell..

both scenarios are still under experimentation atm.
  • violetvalorvioletvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Lol PvE.
    Fine here you go:
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t2a14a33b14b22b33c14c21c33d14d34e13e22e36f12f24g13i22j22j33
    Oh yeah two extra points on the High Voltage.
    PvE Lightning build.
    I don't know why you want that but there it is.

Hi, I am new and totally excited for making a mage! I saw this build but I am confused how you have only 1 point for Thunder Penetration and yet 4 points for Shock Hit EX ?_?

Sorry for any poor timing on my part!
  • Spellweaver - EyrdaSpellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hi, I am new and totally excited for making a mage! I saw this build but I am confused how you have only 1 point for Thunder Penetration and yet 4 points for Shock Hit EX ?_?

Sorry for any poor timing on my part!

the in game talent calculator is correct ,the one on the website has several mistakes, you only need 1 point in thunder penetration to get access to Shock Hit EX ( youll need 15 points total in the thunder tree as well as 1 point in thunder penetration to get it )

imo that build is **** , knockbacks while effective in solo grinds are not very good in instance related stuff where usually half the party is meele dds who would hate you for knocking back mobs constantly no to mention the mobs may get knocked into other mobs and trust me you dont want that to happen
  • violetvalorvioletvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If it has many mistakes then where can I find out all the correct requirements? (preferably out of game) And the main reason I like knockbacks in instances is to push mobs away from the priest, for example. It has come in handy in the past for me. I know it can be very annoying for the melee squad members.

Also, how did he get it to work on the site with just one point?
    edited May 2011
    sorry i just compare the diffs with the in game one so no idea if thers a proper working calc out there on anywebsite
    the advantage is meh , you can take heal agroo off from a priest easy with 1-2 skills which is almost 2-3 secs at most , your priest im sure wont die in this time frame

just remove the points after filling them up
  • Purpleflame - Storm LegionPurpleflame - Storm Legion Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ah ok, thanks! The best news I heard was that I can get free talent compasses so no worries if I messup! ^^;

I got tired of waiting and thinking and thinking! I just made a human mage! I hope it is a good choice! I am level 16 already!

violetvalor / PurpleFlame

Edit: Errm.... It did not show my picture. ?_?
  • pappap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
  • DeathRider - EyrdaDeathRider - Eyrda Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    pap wrote: »

I think go either fire or thunder or else youll be almost good at all but good at nothing
    [sigpic]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-46579-1307226035276116204-green.png[/sigpic]

Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the FINAL Victory comes.
  • radonxradonx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t2a14a33b14b21b33c14c23c33d34e13e36f24g13i22j22
    hw does this build goes..(lvl 70)
    saved 2 points for high voltage
    and also like to know what paralyze effect do?
    thanks in advance.
    Give Respect & Take Respect
  • gotie13gotie13 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ah ok, thanks! The best news I heard was that I can get free talent compasses so no worries if I messup! ^^;

I got tired of waiting and thinking and thinking! I just made a human mage! I hope it is a good choice! I am level 16 already!

violetvalor / PurpleFlame

Edit: Errm.... It did not show my picture. ?_?

i *was* a human mage but didnt like it so i re-rolled with a Kindred fire mage & never looked back glad i did, everyone has their like in a race...for me i like the racial talent :D and love the looks and feel as a kindred....human is to common in all mmo's nowdays so am glad they have a dif race option lol.
  • Aelgar - IllyfueAelgar - Illyfue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hi there could u say if this ice build is good?
    right now im a fire mage but im interested in ice buid

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t3a15a21b12b24c15c24c33d25d32e15e26g23h12h22i12i22i33j13j22

the points in Everlasting Chill are for drak skin actualy^^

I'm a total noob when concerning to ice but i made this after seeing somme topics

plz reply with what you think =)
    edited June 2011
    ^ is fine build , but id rather get sinister water instead of healing from barrier and put the 4th point into rank 3 frozen shield , i only ever use the barrier to purify myself of debuffs or to survive ganks while my team mates can come help me out , nevar ever use it for the full duration since i waste time while the opponent can collect orbs and fack me as soon as i get out
  • smkfsmkf Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What do you think abotu this hybird build?

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc

The ice is only for the freeze effect the fire is the main talnet and its for the dmg

*i know there is some skills at the fire that are good but no more points maybe when they will make an higher cap i can put some points there
    edited June 2011
    hybrids may work or than they may not work out at all. depends on you and your playstyle
  • smkfsmkf Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I think i will try it if it will not work i will use compas.... my skill tree is good? or i need to change something?
  • DeathenMage - EyrdaDeathenMage - Eyrda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    u put points in extended harsh freeze but not harsh freeze which is an very good talent, i recommend ditching healing from barrier , since you only ever use it for full duration for the ensnare removal from windsdrive , its great as anti CC skill

and a wind mage without thenow considered OP by the majority mana drain skills will not be good imho
  • Zaelmith - IllyfueZaelmith - Illyfue Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Firstly, don't make builds for lvl 80. With the lvl 80 update there will be some new talents so you won't follow this build anyway. Secondly I'm not too keen on kindred lightning mages but fine..

SoL's paralyze is really not needed, and the extra knockback adds to the annoyance. Also Sinister Wind is not worth 3 points imo. And lol @ Thunder Barrier you can't think it's good wasting 3 points just for your wind resistance right? For EP Ex and Shock Expansion you can get the minimum points for the next talent since their effects are enough.
    And yeah MP Drain. Use it. D:

Anyways those are critical changes rest is personal preference. And about ice or lightning, we can't really tell you. Since they both imply different styles you're just gonna have to find out which one's for you.