test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post Your Mage Builds

Comments

• ravenofmystravenofmyst Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t2a14a23a33b14c14c24d14f12f22g13g23

Meet the lulz build. Beat somebody in PvP with this, and you win life.
  • pavitrekripavitrekri Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    is human lightning mage better or kindred lightning mage guys?? when all the buffs of human and kindred are taken into acount which do you think will be better for me to go?
  • UPhoria - EyrdaUPhoria - Eyrda Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Since the talent calculator is so outdated, I post a text file:
    http://www.pastebin.com/rT5RU7R1
    48-13-0 build (Fire-Lightning-Ice)
    There's always room for improvements.
    Build order is pretty self-explanatory.
    Check ingame for prerequisites, not the talent calculator.
  • Fremagi - EyrdaFremagi - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t2a14a23a33b14c14c24d14f12f22g13g23

Meet the lulz build. Beat somebody in PvP with this, and you win life.

lololol more like the **** everyone off in instances build. 100% chance of knockback on 2 skills XD i would def like to see that for the lulz
  • Felkin - IllyfueFelkin - Illyfue Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t2a14a23a33b14b22b33c14c24d34e36f12f24g13j22
    Lightning must-haves. For the people who have no idea where to put points. 2 points go to TBD and the other 11 to make the build more PVE or PVP oreanted. If its PVP I suggest maxing the 3 Sinister force skills. 2 points left then.
    Immortarts :P Too bad for them about the PvP server. NOT
  • Pokemon - EyrdaPokemon - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t2a14a23a33b14b22b33c14c24d34e36f12f24g13j22
    Lightning must-haves. For the people who have no idea where to put points. 2 points go to TBD and the other 11 to make the build more PVE or PVP oreanted. If its PVP I suggest maxing the 3 Sinister force skills. 2 points left then.

The points in Magic Fountain should be used somewhere...anywhere else
  • Spellweaver - EyrdaSpellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    heres a fire build i plan to try sooner or later Borsook and Ursa and all the other fire mages come comment plox : P

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t1a13a25b11b33c12c24c34d22e22f12f26g23h13h22i13i33j13t2a14a23a33

the object is to paralyze than dps with fireball , pop in a rage of demons , and let the target burn with lingering fire xD

lol i created the build on a kindred mage by mistake keep in mind the actual one would be human xD
  • snoussemansnousseman Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t1a15b15c12t2a14a33b22b31c33t3a15b12

working on this build i personally think its gonna pawn with the right gears
  • Ursa_ - Storm LegionUrsa_ - Storm Legion Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    heres a fire build i plan to try sooner or later Borsook and Ursa and all the other fire mages come comment plox : P

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t1a13a25b11b33c12c24c34d22e22f12f26g23h13h22i13i33j13t2a14a23a33

the object is to paralyze than dps with fireball , pop in a rage of demons , and let the target burn with lingering fire xD

lol i created the build on a kindred mage by mistake keep in mind the actual one would be human xD

I was actually thinking of an endgame build around the same lines. Now the tricky part is when do you start with the lightning tree without having a big impact on your Fire tree. maybe around 60ish?...65ish?... There's a fine balance there and if not done right you can get a gimped mage for about 10 levels. Not funny I tell ya'.
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Your build is pretty ok, however... ditch Magic Fountain and Lightning Fury... the latter makes no sense if you aren't lightning mage.

I'd put points into Advanced Flame of Fury instead of leveling Flame of Fury also, because it helps others in group PvP. (and good in PvE also)

You actually need 1 point in Flame of Demons for Call of Demons -- sucks but you have to sacrifice 1 point :/

I don't think Vaporize is any good, because your cooldowns will be so low with Hasted Flames it's not worth dumping 3 points for only a 30% chance.

Besides, the most important endgame talent is Hasted Flames IMO. Once you max that (at lv62) you can start putting points into lightning, if you prefer to max fire first.

Other than that your build is very similar to mine. :)
  • tianshort1tianshort1 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i reed that the ice mage the best for pvp is that right?
  • Spellweaver - EyrdaSpellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ty for all the replies :) heres the modified version http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t1a13a25b11b33c12c24c34d14d23e11e22f12f26g23h13h22i13j13t2a14a23

(*) personally i didnt know if hasted flames was good enough or not i thought maybe it was needed for achieving maximum dps but if you say so than its gone xD
    (*) put 1 point in flame of demon for call of demons , QQ a point just got wasted
    (*) also got the advanced flames of fury maxed , even though i doubt i would be spamming it that much with rage of demons around
    (*) now i had 3 points to spare or more like i didnt know what to do with them so i put them in magic fountain ,more mp, although im still unsure how much it increases is it 4.5% + the already increasing percentage or 4.5% of the increasing percantage or 4.5% of the increased amount of mp thats the provided bonus @[email protected] , in any case i wil add the three points in it last after completing fire
    (*) ill prolly add thunder paralyze once ive gotten the cooldown on rage of demons with call of demons since by then the mp pool for lingering fire will be significant as well or so i hope :X

gona restat to this build soon cause im sick of pvping with a thunder build =.='
  • nicki93nicki93 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    wow really awesome build! , really like it , i think i will stick to it just i did a really small change.
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t1a13a25b11b33c12c21c34d14d23e11e22f12f26g23h13h22i13j13j23t2a14a23

i got down the flame of fury to 1 point , coz as all say , that skill is almost useless in lvl 40+ coz of rage of demons , so its only good is for the reduce resistence of fire , with that talent coz that u dont need it to do hight dmg , and i use it 3 points on Magic Dispel , but im not so sure how to start use that skill , but if that skill is easy to use , so 45% of ur dmg burn enemy mana for 20 sec , that a win skill vs priest for sure , and pretty mean for get them use lots of mp pots (MUahahah XD ) , and really good for get them shup , of using skills , and really good vs other mages for burn they shield really fast :D

give me ur opinion ^^

but all credits for that awesome tree go for Spellweaver :D
  • forumnewbieforumnewbie Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    hi. regarding spellweaver's built, is there any reason why infuriated mind is no good?

also, am i right to say that this built works for pve as well? or some modifications are required?
  • Ursa_ - Storm LegionUrsa_ - Storm Legion Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    it's actually awesome for PvE.
    As fire mage, you kinda' spam Fireball on bosses/mobs in 1v1.
    As AoE in pve you're doing kinda' great.
    So...yeah, why not.
    Not much control skills in this build, but dps is nice, really nice.
  • ErecT - EyrdaErecT - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    hi. regarding spellweaver's built, is there any reason why infuriated mind is no good?

also, am i right to say that this built works for pve as well? or some modifications are required?

20% increased crit dmg is not good enough to waste 2 points there.

You rarely crit and it would only add 100-200 dmg.
  • forumnewbieforumnewbie Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    20% increased crit dmg is not good enough to waste 2 points there.

You rarely crit and it would only add 100-200 dmg.

i see. thanks for the info. i thought critical rate and damage are important for all professions initially.
  • CaptInsano - EyrdaCaptInsano - Eyrda Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i want to know what people think build
    I'm thinking it will be good, i will be able to alternate between an ice skill and fireball at all times and reduce fire resistance up to 100 but I'm not sure i went fire in OB (ice in CB) i like both but beacuse mages always get good endgame its hard to tell witch is better
  • Wyst - EyrdaWyst - Eyrda Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    About fire tree:
    You need 2 points in Fireball Energy to get Flame Inspiration.
    Since you aren't going for fire, i don't think that 3 points in Sinister Flame worth it, imo you should use that in ice tree.

About ice tree:
    I never tested Harsh Freeze but i don't see how that worth 5 points, mainly cause you didn't got Extended Harsh Freeze, imo this points fits much better in Water Meditation/Ice Mastery/Ice Blade.

About what is better it's all about your style, fire is dps/aoe spam, ice is single-target/defensive/CC.
  • CaptInsano - EyrdaCaptInsano - Eyrda Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    About fire tree:
    You need 2 points in Fireball Energy to get Flame Inspiration.
    Since you aren't going for fire, i don't think that 3 points in Sinister Flame worth it, imo you should use that in ice tree.

About ice tree:
    I never tested Harsh Freeze but i don't see how that worth 5 points, mainly cause you didn't got Extended Harsh Freeze, imo this points fits much better in Water Meditation/Ice Mastery/Ice Blade.

About what is better is all about your style, fire is dps/aoe spam, ice is single-target/defensive/CC.

i was thinking that fireball energy was 3 points to advance (dont really know why) but will change that, looking at harsh freeze now I'm thinking about moving the points elsewhere this gives me 6 points to play with I'm thinking about ice mastery and water meditation but it leaves 1 point, any suggestions?
    new build
  • shitumnshitumn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This is my fire pure build. If you see anything wrong tell me.
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b
    edited April 2011
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t1a13a25b15c12c21c34d14e11e22f12f26g23h22i13t2a14a33b14b21c21c33

Two more of the missing points on High Voltage (Which is the TBD in the lightning tree).
    I am guessing this is Borsook's build, as well as mine.

This build is how it looks. I hax'd the talent calculator in order to fix the glitch on the talent calculator to accurately reflect game talent requirements.

Edit: Yes, this is human mage because even if I get 2 second cooldown at the beginning of the tree with Kindred, I will be spamming fire skills more often, which directly puts thunder skill cooldown not a problem. Plus, if cooldown is drastically reduced by High Voltage, there would be bigger burst damage with the human damage increase on Thunderclap rather than just another cooldown reduction on top of extremely low cooldown, as the only thing delaying would be the cast time. Thunderclap will have 120% base damage along with AoE effect, which makes it worthwhile to spam during Thunder Tempest state.

1 point in thunder penetration just for the sake of having that skill, as unexpected things could happen. I will not be using that skill at all unless all my other skills are on cooldown (Which shouldn't happen) or if I absolutely need to interrupt (With that 25% success rate) another lightning mage trying to cast that Sinister Force.
    Plus, no better skill to add.

The reason I skipped on Master of Heat is because mages are a nuking class. That means they only debuff for the sake of pouring out even more damage with their nukes. Master of Heat reduces Defense, which does not matter with magical skills (Beware, warriors, stonemen, Assassins, and Marksmen might hate mages who follow my Fire/Lightning build). Plus, it's not worth it to put in 2 more useless fire points just to max that out. I'd rather have High Voltage.

No Vaporize because the attack speed will be Cast time, not cooldown time with all these talents (Let's hope FW devs don't put -Cast time gear into this game).
  • VenusPT - IllyfueVenusPT - Illyfue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
  • Cebion - IllyfueCebion - Illyfue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    hi! what do you think about this full fire talent? and what the TBD means? it is necessary or not?:confused:

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t1a15a25b15b33c12c24c34d14e11f12f26g14g23h13h22i13i22j13
  • Gamuza - Storm LegionGamuza - Storm Legion Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Is there anyone that knows a great thunder pve build. I'd like to be a aoe thunder build but everyone just shows fire :(
    edited April 2011
    Is there anyone that knows a great thunder pve build. I'd like to be a aoe thunder build but everyone just shows fire :(

Lol PvE.
    Fine here you go:
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t2a14a33b14b22b33c14c21c33d14d34e13e22e36f12f24g13i22j22j33
    Oh yeah two extra points on the High Voltage.
    PvE Lightning build.
    I don't know why you want that but there it is.
  • Gamuza - Storm LegionGamuza - Storm Legion Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thanks

Sorry to ask, but why is it bad? I see many topics on thunder pve / aoe is good right?
    edited April 2011
    Thanks

Sorry to ask, but why is it bad? I see many topics on thunder pve / aoe is good right?

It's a good build for solely PvE, but this game's not revolved around that. It's revolved around PvP.