test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post Your Mage Builds

terunterun Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Mage Discussion
I'm a bit surprised that nobody has really taken the time to post up a thread like this. For me, I'm curious to see how many of you will spread out your points. Together, I'm sure all of could start creating bases for the different types of mages. Although we haven't had the chance to play the class, why should that stop us from experimenting and talking about it. So, using the Talent Calculator, post up your builds!
Post edited by terun on

Comments

• zaelmithzaelmith Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It's a bit hard to do this when the game isn't out yet, you don't know the skills which the talents refer to. Plus it seems that the calculator isn't even correct on how many points you need for certain talents. Sure probably all of us spent a few minutes making some random builds but I don't think they're worth posting yet..
  • quadraticwizardquadraticwizard Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, at the very least, the people that didn't get in phase 1 and are hopelessly bored or procrastinating can mess around with it. Given that the Human and Kindred lightning talents are the same, I think something's missing though. Meh, here goes: one AOE build, right up.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t1a25b22b33c34t2a14a23a33b14b22b33c14d34e34f12g13h13h22i14j22

So yeah, the idea is to pump up your max MP to very high levels, then use the %MP boosts to lay waste to multiple guys at once. You stand still with Sinister Protection up while they boost your attack power (Force of Protection), then hit them with Thunderclap followed by Rage of Demons to trigger blowing ignition. Spam Thunderclap more until you can use Obscu- I mean the Sinister Force chain. Also, watch your HP go down faster than the MP bleed after doing so against melee classes. I guess this might be effective against arcane classes, and it probably works for grinding (at max level, =P). It's mostly just for fun, and by fun I mean ripping it apart like a pack of wolves. ^_^
    Race: Human
    Class: Mage
    Name: Chairman Kaga
    Purpose: To encounter new original cuisines, which could be called true artistic creations.

Cooking with fire magic... Allez cuisine! =D
  • raztuhraztuh Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    IGN: Raztuh | Race: Dwarf | Class: Marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • corthoscorthos Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t1a11t2a23t3a15a25b12b33c24d25d32e15e26f23g23h12h22i12i33j13j22

This is my Ice mage build for PvE. I put the point I had left in the fire DoT because the chilling ice increases both fire and ice. I am not sure how good ice concentration is but if it isn't that good then put more point into flame explosion. Again I like to say I like PvE more than PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Boredom takes you far, Laziness brings you nowhere. Question is, how far will boredom take you?" -Bloodfang

Bloodfang lvl 32 Kindard Mage
  • kymerickymeric Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hey, Bloodfang. Nice to see the Astral Legion logo. RIP Allods.

It looks like you specifically avoided the CC and defense boosting talents on your ice build. I'm curious what your reasoning is behind that, since I've been assuming those are the features of the ice tree, as opposed to DD in lightning and DoT in fire.
    edited November 2010
    kymeric wrote: »
    Hey, Bloodfang. Nice to see the Astral Legion logo. RIP Allods.

It looks like you specifically avoided the CC and defense boosting talents on your ice build. I'm curious what your reasoning is behind that, since I've been assuming those are the features of the ice tree, as opposed to DD in lightning and DoT in fire.
    lol idk you knew about it? also Preku the support pally RIP.

Anyway my current CB build is this lol http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t3a15a25 Get ready for lots of text.

Hmmm u know looking at this build after I hit the cap lvl 29(at that time I was a bored lvl 20 lfg for Gods trial lol) I was looking at the CC skills again and I just wasn't sure if I can relay on them... in fact having chilling ice even if it's a stack skill, maybe it just me, but it doesn't add much dps. 1.3k to 1450 isn't much to me even if I have greens... it's hardly reliable, but I have to get it for ice spike which I think I really want. And you know what... this tree isn't reliable, lol. In game u need just one point for chilling ice... JUST one to get ice spike. So you know I can't really give you a accurate version of my build, I hope they fix it. Other then that the ice cc abilities look like they don't add much to the freezing like the frost realm upgrade extra 2 seconds don't look like much and same for Ice crystal. Ice crystal has a 15% chance of it happening for 6 sec. As for fire it also looks interesting too. I heard it's a PvE build and I'm a PvE guy so I could check it out, but I heard fire mages will die in PvP, which I do want to try some PvP every now and then without getting owned. So yea... At the time I was making my build in CB I just read the effects of the skills not requirements to get future skills sadly.

I'm a guy who is new to the mage world in general I was a tank for 2 Years and I was a support for a month. I don't what they need exactly, but I want to learn. Plus if I were to try tank again I'd just get bored and quit and there is not allods healing pally type in FW so I picked mage because it was different. If you have a good ice build plz hook a bro up lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Boredom takes you far, Laziness brings you nowhere. Question is, how far will boredom take you?" -Bloodfang

• kymerickymeric Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

No, I don't have a good build in my pocket. I'm kind of playing it by ear and exploring as we go. Gotta get a feel for some of the higher level skills before I have an idea on what to do with the talent tree.
    edited November 2010
    To be honest I just don't think we can get a good feel until the next phase... by that time you get so much stuff and it's awesome, so just wait till then to make ur choice in ur build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• electricwaterelectricwater Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    One thing i noticed in ALL builds... No one even cares about Glacier Barrier EX... It's like 20% max HP recovery while in Ice Barrier... Might not seem much but if u combine it with pots, it's a **** good skill in pvp = pple can only hit u by 1 (or i think so, cause it's a pretty big defense bump) and u recover HP... If you also max Everlasting Chill, it'll be 32% max HP recovery...

I thought about a mix of Fire and Frost trees, focusing on Fire:
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t1a15b15c12c24c34d14d23e13e22e31f12g23h22i13i33j13j23t3a15b24
    Cheers ^^
    EDIT: wrong link...
  • jaie48jaie48 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t3a15a25b12b33c15c24d12d25e15e26f12g14g23i22i33j13j22

Here is my ice mage build. Quite happy with this one :P any tips or advice would be welcome ty.
  • kazekagegaara88kazekagegaara88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm an ice mage with points in places to increase my defense and damage, allowing me to switch between the two when needed.
    Working on a new sig with pretty photoshop :3
    edited November 2010
    Ok well after first impressions this is my first attempt at a lightning build.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t2a14a33b12b21b33c14c24c33d14d34e35f12f24g13h13h22i14i22j22

Before you ask..

Requirements may seem a bit weird, I made my build focusing on the in-game tree which doesn't have the same requirements as the talent calc. Also I saved 2 points for that "TBD" skill. Lol pretty silly they decided to not write exactly that skill, I think it's one of the main talents in the lightning tree (check below). Also another note, Advanced Paralyze reduces Wind Resistance by 10-20 (not reduce evasion like it says).

High Voltage (TBD skill)
    Each casting of offensive Wind spell has a 50% chance to apply an electric charge to the character. Stacks 8 charges to enter Thunder Tempest state. Increases Crit hit rate of Wind spells and shortens cooldown drastically. Lasts for 10 seconds.

Well now to focus on ice..
  • collussuscollussus Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t1a25b22b33c34t2a14a23a33b14b22b33c14d34e34f12g13h13h22i14j22

It's a pure AOE Disabling build. Focussing purely on lightning.

Some skill are able to paralyze, knock back & enhance damage to up to 19 foes...

That does the trick for this build :)
  • lavos900lavos900 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just fyi, we're going to have a level 70 cap for a really long time, it would be better to base your builds off of level 70 rather than 80.
  • kazekagegaara88kazekagegaara88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lavos900 wrote: »
    Just fyi, we're going to have a level 70 cap for a really long time, it would be better to base your builds off of level 70 rather than 80.

the chinese version did have a 70 cap...but the NA version is progressing a bit differently than the chinese version ;3
    Working on a new sig with pretty photoshop :3
  • electricwaterelectricwater Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    omg, gratz for the sticky! nice job whoever stickied this :D
  • miwhitemiwhite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Okay so here's my first attempt at throwing a build together pretty much without knowing anything lol...
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t2a14a23a33b14b22b33c14c24c33d14d34e22e31f12f24i22j22t3a15b12b33

First problem I've noticed right off the bat is that I didn't set aside 2 points for that TBD skill. Also, am I just weird because Sinister Force just doesn't seem too appealing to me...

This idea behind this is to use frost spells to freeze targets while bashing on them with lightning spells. I should be able to use the paralysis effects of lightning spells coupled with the freeze effects of frost spells to get decent crowd control. For single target use, you're main spells would be Ice Arrow and Thunderclap, and for AoEs you would use Thunder Penetration and Frost Realm.

Leave comments please :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Ok, after tinkering a lil bit with ice this is what i got:

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=kin&b=t3a15a25b12b22b33c24c33d25e26f12f23g14g23h12h22i12i33j13j22

It's not set in stone, will probably change in the future but this is what I think of it atm.
  • alwoalwo Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    took alot of effort and thought into this and i've come up with a build thats satisfies my love for AOE madness :D

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=mage&r=hum&b=t1a15b15b33c12c24c34d14e13f12g14g23h22i13i22t2a14a33b14c24
  • tehcoreantehcorean Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
  • capricornlogancapricornlogan Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    any1 hav a good build 4 frost(main) and lightning(sub)?
    Username:✡FrostByte✡
    Race: Human
    Class: Mage(They Destroy Everything)
    Guild: Grimoire
    CBT Phase: Phase.....
    Level: 0
    "I Am Made Of Glass Skin."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits To Me!
  • ssneha23ssneha23 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So after finally experimenting with different classes for the mage. This is what I have finalized.

I have built a Fire mage for single targets with some crowd control features.

Here's the link --

Click Here.

Ok so, you will notice that I have stacked some points to non-fire talents. I have put 10 in lightning and 5 points in Ice. My explanation for each of the non-fire skill are as follows:

1) Thunder Paralyze -- It increases the chance of stunning targets to 60%, which surely will be helpful against a opening salvo in a mass PvP or AoE for that matter.

2) Lightning Fury -- Increases damage -- goes in favor of the mage, considering the class is supposed to have massive DPS.

3) Magic Fountain -- Increases the total MP. Considering some talents and skills damage is a % of the total MP this skill would not only reduce the number of MP pots needed, it would also increase damage.

4) Precision of Water -- Last of the 3 main strike skills for a mage. This talent does 2 things -- First, increases the crit rate for Ice Arrow and Increases the damage.

So as you can see from my build - the fire tree will act as a nuke, with the other 2 trees for support and at the same time, capable of dealing decent DPS.

So go ahead and comment. What do you think?

Username:xAURORAX
    Race:*Human
    Class:*Mage
    Guild:*Looking for one
    CBT Phase:*Phase 2
    Name: gypsygirl
    Server: Olympus
    Class: Enchantress
    Current Overall Rank: 182
    Current Ench Rank: 49

Looking for a active, leading PvP oriented guild / clan ..
  • lagoonkeeperlagoonkeeper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol @ the fool who thought this deserves a sticky :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Waiting to play! -_- playing Chinese server with no understanding of jack...
  • thornapplethornapple Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol @ the fool who thought this deserves a sticky :rolleyes:
    i love that you said this
  • rerecrosrerecros Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
  • tergolatergola Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
  • terrorianterrorian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    can anyone post a strong PvE mage build? sorry for request but i never played and i wanna do right things from beginning
  • drkyu1drkyu1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    terrorian wrote: »
    can anyone post a strong PvE mage build? sorry for request but i never played and i wanna do right things from beginning

Yea i need a guide too, im planning on experamenting though and will post my own guide.
    Im looking for a great single target-nuker build