test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FW Fanart

Comments

• nodestinationnodestination Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Lovely! *-*

I feel like joining you with adding some stuffiez but my artwork sux XD.
    + it`s made in pencil ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saichi
  • sarulasarula Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Pencil work is sometimes the best ground work! It can easily be scanned into a comptuter to color, or you can color it with whatever media you choose. Or better yet it can be shaded in different tones of grey with pencil! Dont count pencil out!
    Sakora
  • veeesveees Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sarula wrote: »
    Pencil work is sometimes the best ground work! It can easily be scanned into a comptuter to color, or you can color it with whatever media you choose. Or better yet it can be shaded in different tones of grey with pencil! Dont count pencil out!

^I second that.
    While I do use the tablet a lot, I still prefer to use a pencil and shade.
  • nodestinationnodestination Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Meh....Should I try? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saichi
  • tojupitojupi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    heroicfish wrote: »
    What program did you use for this? Just got a macbook and looking for programs that I'll need for college art classes! (: Only ever used illustrator, photoshop, and corell painter.

I used GIMP. (Free program you can download). I use a tablet to colour though, they're worthwhile investments if you're an art nut. I've never used photoshop but i'm told repeatedly that it has many the same features as photoshop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

CB1 Haters- Making playing games for fun illegal.
    edited August 2010
    veees wrote: »
    ^I second that.
    While I do use the tablet a lot, I still prefer to use a pencil and shade.

/Thirded. Even though I use a tablet to colour, all my work starts it's life as a pencil sketch. Some originals I preffer to colour in pencils completely, you can't beat traditional work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

edited August 2010
    darkculex wrote: »
    but that girl already drew a bard D=

or maybe i just draw a bard male ?

*Fix'd :<.

My computer got fixed finally lul. Windows crashed. It's sooo slooww now though. Anyway since i'm back i'll be doing some more fanart in my free time I guess. As a heads up for darkculex, my subjects are almost always female because i'm not as practiced with the male anatomy lol.

Thanks Obah for making this thread a sticky :D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

• dodonpachidodonpachi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Triple post! Nub. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viralkoviralko Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I was bored. I got no tablet nor a scanner.

But I got paint! and uh.. a mouse! So I mouse-drew a female dwarf.

fadart-1.png

Might not be an artwork but it's art... I think, and I'm a fan. So fan art!

Black and white since I'm not that bored to actually color the whole thing.

Edit: Made it smaller to fit the screen, might do some changes to it later but I will not color it >:I
    edited August 2010
    Very cool ^^
    Although a hint, you might wanna resize it a bit so it fits on the forum so we can see the whole thing lol. Usually the image host sites have an edit feature to do that.

I plan on doing more myself if or when better reference pics are uploaded @[email protected].
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

• heroicfishheroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    tojupi wrote: »
    I used GIMP. (Free program you can download). I use a tablet to colour though, they're worthwhile investments if you're an art nut. I've never used photoshop but i'm told repeatedly that it has many the same features as photoshop.

Oh ok, I've heard of GIMP but never tried it.. I was just looking at tablets too like 2 nights ago xD
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
  • fransysfransys Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I love my tablet (if only I could get it to work...). GIMP is great because it is free. It's very much like photoshop.

On a related note. I'm in love with the dwarves and can't stop trying to draw them. I'll post something here as soon as I make one that I can live with :P .
    Name: To be determined upon availability
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Marksman
    Level: 0
    edited August 2010
    I have to admit the dwarves are pretty fun. Plus, there's not really many references around so I only have what's available to work with. I did this last night and plan on colouring, as soon as I put in her gun. It's going to be resting on the side of her body, her hand that's seemingly grasping nothing will be holding it.

Only reason I posted this early in it's development is to keep the thread alive and going lol. Her bullets look like crayons rofl.

dwarfw.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

• ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Me likey =3
  • chaoticshellychaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wow, I love your style and the fan art looks awesome. Great pencil work!
  • necroraizennecroraizen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Freakin' love it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Race: Human
    Class: Priest
    Guild: -none-

To Purge the world from heretics...
    edited August 2010
    Thanks ;]
    Colouring it now, 20% done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

• xxxdrackosxxxxxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    WoW , awesome. Love it ^^
  • zappygunzappygun Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You're a great artist, tojupi, I'm jealouz =D
    I'm prutteh good at drawing, too, but not with computer art, so I only work with my grey pencil, protractor (bleh complicated wurd) and eraser, and maybe colored pencils. =)

I just don't know how to work with a scanner hehe, but I think I'll figure it out =)
    For Phoenix I ride, for Phoenix I fight, for Phoenix I die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

IGN: MurderZ
    Class: Champion
    Guild + Rank: NeverForever Leader
    Server: Atlantis
    Level: 42
    edited August 2010
    zappygun wrote: »
    You're a great artist, tojupi, I'm jealouz =D
    I'm prutteh good at drawing, too, but not with computer art, so I only work with my grey pencil, protractor (bleh complicated wurd) and eraser, and maybe colored pencils. =)

I just don't know how to work with a scanner hehe, but I think I'll figure it out =)

Ha ha, thanks. But I like to tell people the same thing, it all just boils down to practice. I didn't just wake up one day and go "FREAKIN' SWEET, I CAN DRAW! HALLELUJAH!" I've been drawing since around the age of 5.

(Although it dosen't mean you have to have been drawing since that age to become good, everyone is at different levels of development, and it's never too late to start. Put it this way, your favourite athlete didn't get to where they're at simbly by wishing to be there, they put in the hard work and reaped the rewards. You can only fail if you give up.)

I've only just recently got into the digital scene and i'm still very much a newb, but I found it's excellent since there's so many effects you can't acheive just with pencils. If you're able to get a graphics tablet (mine only cost $150) it mimics a pencil, and feels alot more natural than a mouse.

Sneak peek: (50% done)

dwarfscreenie.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

• chaoticshellychaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Looks amazing from the preview, I'm sure the final result will be incredible! You're very talented ;-)
  • onestarzonestarz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    beautiful work and great motivational speech xD
    No longer participating in FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a Master Healer. But all Masters still have much to learn.
  • toadeyes2toadeyes2 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    YAAAAAY IM BACK ON THE FORUMS!!!!! *ahem* awsome drawing tojupi i may not be an artist myself but i dont need to be to no that this is art ! can't wait for the finished product
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN:ISLEY
    CLASS: VAMPIRE
    RACE: KINDRED
    GUILD: undecided
    SUBCLASS: AS MANY AS I CAN DO
    :cool:

I see the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. I see all this potential damn it, an entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables; they're slaves with white collars. Advertisements have them chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy stuff we don't need. We are the middle children of history No purpose or place. We have no great war, or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars ... but we won't.
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the comments. I'm nearly done, i've just been a lazy Tojupi. Pretty much just got the left side of her body to go now. Why isn't anyone else posting theirs!

I started a sketch for the next one, a male vampire. I was considering giving him an "Edward" hairstyle as a cruel joke but then decided not to for my own safety.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

edited August 2010
    Thanks for the comments. I'm nearly done, i've just been a lazy Tojupi. Pretty much just got the left side of her body to go now. Why isn't anyone else posting theirs!

I started a sketch for the next one, a male vampire. I was considering giving him an "Edward" hairstyle as a cruel joke but then decided not to for my own safety.

i would post up some but i suck at drawing xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    And? The title of this thread is 'FW fanart', not "You have to be super pro artist with xxxx qualifications to post FW Fanart here". I bet it dosen't suck anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

edited August 2010
    And? The title of this thread is 'FW fanart', not "You have to be super pro artist with xxxx qualifications to post FW Fanart here". I bet it dosen't suck anyway.

ahahhaa it would if i tried to draw xD i do other drawy things xD not people
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    Gaming fanart isn't limited to people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

edited August 2010
    Gaming fanart isn't limited to people.

would that include useing GIMP then? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    onestarz wrote: »
    would that include useing GIMP then? xD

O.o
    I'm talking about people as subjects for the art. Even if you sucked at drawing humans, you could always do mounts/ mobs and scenery. Particularly if you did scenery, you could collaborate with an artist who does character subjects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard