test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's the best pvp class in your opinion?

Comments

• phrenikosphrenikos Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    honer wrote: »
    Very true if it is possible to make attack oriented priests, they seem to be one of the strongest classes in the game. But they can also be the weakest.

Strongest class in the game? How did you get to this conclusion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sadotoki - 40 Warrior
  • okamimooshokamimoosh Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    maybe assasin cuz of critz?? xD idk :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tira: How pitifull!

Minion's Army "My life is devinity's life and i shall protect him/her till death that my wish and so as the lord's wish o.o..." :D :p

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    Possible IGN: Wings *i hope :(*
    Race: Human/Elf
    Class: Priest
    Lv: N/A
    Guild: BlackCard ♥
    Sentence of the Day: *WAITING FOR FW -.-*
    Profession: Astrologist
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    BLACKCARD FOREVER!!! <3
  • devinitydevinity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    it iz the vampire class i repeat, we clearly own in every aspect.
    ima stick with vamp till the end :D...but have an assassin alt, cus im obssessed with speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Name: Danasis Lekhoven aka Jenius
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Vampire
    War cry: 'Lets dance'
    Job: full time God.
    MInions:SkarlathokamimooshSavageFlowerDinoman
    DhakiyafreesoupkaikanameRawrmonstarKanikaPricy12
    the immortal God of insanity welcomes you into his realm
  • bloodropsbloodrops Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The best PvP class is a player that knows wat da fu.k he doing. Dats the secret. :D
  • skyepersonaskyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    phrenikos wrote: »

PWI ^_^ Im kidding tho, and I agree with Bloodrops, its who know what the f.uk they doin xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dovesdoves Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hmmm, IMO, it is still too early to say anything under this topic as most games will always try to balance classes out (success or not).
  • riionxriionx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mage: IT'S OVER 9, 000! I hope. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Neosdex for the sig, no thanks to my broken Photoshop >>
  • jackyojackyo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Best pvp class:

Human Warrior:
    -high phy def
    -high dmg
    -high hp
    -bad **** look

VS :

Wizz, bard, vampire, priest : Easy
    -Wizz: high def buffs but low hp, so fast kills
    -Bard: annoying sleep, debuff spells... but thats why human warriors have XP skills
    -Vamp: med range magic DD, with blind status... med range squishy...need i say more?
    -Priests: Annoying self heals, but nothing a good sword cant cut through

Assassins, marksmen : Semi chalange
    -Sins, stelth will be canceled cuz of our aoe debuffs, and they are LA = squishies xP
    -Marksmen, squishies with range advantage... thats why we got the "Rush" skill ^.^

Protectors, Warriors : A Chalange
    -Protectors= HIGH def & hp, de-buffs helps ALOT here, better player wins
    -Warrior, a true chalange, better gear & player takes the cake

Thats my opinion ^_^

everyone is hyping over Vamps and bards... fine by me :D
    gives me more time to train my master class :cool:
    Have you ever Danced with a Devil in the pale moonlight ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Human / Demon Warrior~
    ~CB Phase 1 Tester~
    Dungeon design contest Phase one Winner
  • cheaglecheagle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    kaikaname wrote: »
    there no strongest/best character , there only strongest/best player
    imo all class the same i saw alot of pvp in CN CB :o
    but i have warrior pride tho :P... i beat so many vampire in the game by runing around and stun/paralyze then over and over... xD also warrior DPS pretty high 1/3+ HP bar damage every hit

There will always be a class that has an advantage over other classes in PvP. It's been proven in other MMOs like WoW, and Aion and I heard you're in Korea atm right?

I'm sure you've heard of Dungeon & Fighter somewhere at least once. Strikers and mechanics have an unfair advantage in PvP compared to other classes and even more so with a skilled player using them.
    edited May 2010
    phrenikos wrote: »
    jackyo wrote: »
    Best pvp class:

Human Warrior:
    -high phy def
    -high dmg
    -high hp
    -bad **** look

VS :

Wizz, bard, vampire, priest : Easy
    -Wizz: high def buffs but low hp, so fast kills
    -Bard: annoying sleep, debuff spells... but thats why human warriors have XP skills
    -Vamp: med range magic DD, with blind status... med range squishy...need i say more?
    -Priests: Annoying self heals, but nothing a good sword cant cut through

Assassins, marksmen : Semi chalange
    -Sins, stelth will be canceled cuz of our aoe debuffs, and they are LA = squishies xP
    -Marksmen, squishies with range advantage... thats why we got the "Rush" skill ^.^

Protectors, Warriors : A Chalange
    -Protectors= HIGH def & hp, de-buffs helps ALOT here, better player wins
    -Warrior, a true chalange, better gear & player takes the cake

Thats my opinion ^_^

everyone is hyping over Vamps and bards... fine by me :D
    gives me more time to train my master class :cool:

priests = NOT EASY
    Unless the warrior has enough stuns/interrupt abilities to keep that healer from healing than the priest will just shield and hit you as fast as he/she can with their spells and then when the shield is down, they'll start healing until they can pop up their shield up again and start dealing damage again. Unless the priests mana runs out or you somehow decimate them before that happens, the warrior's going to be in trouble.

Protector = Almost always lose
    3 sec + .5*protector's level stun? It doesn't matter what the warrior will do, the protector's gonna have enough time to deal a good chunk of damage while that stun is up..unless it's a human XD. And even then a melee person actually winning against a tank is near impossible. The fight's gonna drag on but the protector will win. Don't forget, the protector has healing halo and limited invincibility where apparently he can still attack with some kind of penalty while in it along with the defense buffs so the warrior is going to hit the protector for not much and the protector will not hit the warrior for not much either but the protector has the edge with healing halo and invincibility. And i wouldn't underestimate a tank's damage either, it adds up pretty quickly before you realize it.

And of course this is just my opinion based off the skills and what i know about roles from past games XD
  • kaikanamekaikaname Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    no best pvp.. really it like life cycle.. water > fire > wood.. sumtimes stuff get even too, as for me my warrior eat everything get in it way.. but im little scare of mage.. vampire are squishy against warrior O_o at lvl 60 damage up to half HP a skill on lvl 50ish
    KaiKaname!!~Executioners;)

Strongest and Sexy player in BoI:cool:.. maybe?:rolleyes:
    God of Ninja! Viet/Korean Pride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
    edited May 2010
    no best pvp.. really it like life cycle.. water > fire > wood.. sumtimes stuff get even too, as for me my warrior eat everything get in it way.. but im little scare of mage.. vampire are squishy against warrior O_o at lvl 60 damage up to half HP a skill on lvl 50ish

You say there's no best class for pvp and it's like the life cycle where one is suppose to beat the other but that's not how PvP is suppose to be. Each class is suppose to be able have a fair chance at beating the other classes and vice versa. If the vampire is weak against the warrior than that's not PvP in my opinion that's a one sided beat down. And it seems like there is a class that has an advantage over the other classes.

After hearing from you about beating almost everyone it sounds like warrior is the one with the advantages in pvp.
    edited May 2010
    cheagle wrote: »
    You say there's no best class for pvp and it's like the life cycle where one is suppose to beat the other but that's not how PvP is suppose to be. Each class is suppose to be able have a fair chance at beating the other classes and vice versa. If the vampire is weak against the warrior than that's not PvP in my opinion that's a one sided beat down. And it seems like there is a class that has an advantage over the other classes.

lolz it's sumthing i call balance :P
    "There are no best class or character, just best player" xD
    there vampire beats me too so yeah, u just need to know how to use ur skills in pvp. Seem like u didn't play other PWE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
    edited May 2010
    lolz it's sumthing i call balance :P
    "There are no best class or character, just best player" xD
    there vampire beats me too so yeah, u just need to know how to use ur skills in pvp. Seem like u didn't play other PWE games

Oh really? Now that's an interesting fact that you didn't tell me until now. And you're right, I haven't played the other PWE games. So what about the mages? Are they hard to kill for you?

Ah! and that's what I meant, balance! XD It's near impossible to find a true balance in PvP games, especially when more skills are added for each class.
  • mirraimirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sometimes balance already exist, *just hard* to realize because skill distribution.

A class can has so many synergy with it own skills, which makes it easily reach the combo potential.
    While other class may actually has synergy to counter the combo, but it was hard to chain.
    Makes the first class seem imba or overpowered, because counter for the first class skills is hard to use.

For now i think warrior *rush + stun* in 1 skill is so power full <.<
    Just move a bit far away then suddenly rushtun the target, make you reach melee range then stun . .
    Not hating certain class i just feel it no fun if some class were imbalanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • dovesdoves Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

On first thought this does make sense. However, seeking perfect balance between classes is mission impossible, especially when you need to take into consideration of solo pve, group pve, solo pvp and group pvp. Balance one category may break another. Thus as some suggest, a multiplayer RPG should never be balanced around 1 vs 1 pvp. Group fights are more important. It is all about co-operations.
    edited May 2010
    Oh really? Now that's an interesting fact that you didn't tell me until now. And you're right, I haven't played the other PWE games. So what about the mages? Are they hard to kill for you?

Ah! and that's what I meant, balance! XD It's near impossible to find a true balance in PvP games, especially when more skills are added for each class.

mage? lolz sum mage can kill me easily with the debuff and damage some can't. like i said all depend on the player :) i can give a noob most powerful char, and i bet you he still get kill

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
    edited May 2010
    mage? lolz sum mage can kill me easily with the debuff and damage some can't. like i said all depend on the player :) i can give a noob most powerful char, and i bet you he still get kill

Of course a noob will still die XD

After talking with you kaikaname, I wish I knew about PWE games sooner. (I just found out about them last month -_-)
    edited May 2010
    doves wrote: »
    On first thought this does make sense. However, seeking perfect balance between classes is mission impossible, especially when you need to take into consideration of solo pve, group pve, solo pvp and group pvp. Balance one category may break another. Thus as some suggest, a multiplayer RPG should never be balanced around 1 vs 1 pvp. Group fights are more important. It is all about co-operations.

yep, that's very true, balancing one thing will tip the others. Luckily PvE is easier to balance but PvP is impossible. I'm refering more to PvP balance. PvE balance shouldn't be a problem.
    But as you said dove, it's near impossible to reevaluate it for 1v1 pvp and pvping groups should better balance it etc.
  • junejune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This topic is getting deep. :)

I agree that 1 vs 1 pvp does not need to be balanced by class, but I imagine warrior, assassin, wizard, vampire, marksman,protectors as being more chosen by pvpers for having more offensive skills and there more fun and better for pvp~

The positive side for priests and bards is that they can self buff/heal, the advantage of which is eliminated if the other side is also buffed or being healed~

Considering that if there was one class or race that was overwhelmingly better than all the rest at pvp, then most everyone would want to be this class~

Imagine a guild war battlefield where it looks like the other guild has not shown up~ A human fidgets nervously. An elf and dwarf bicker. Suddenly, dozens of kindred assassins attack out of thin air, simultaneously taking out all clerics,bards, and wizards. In the confusion a swarm of bats swoop in, fiendishly sucking the blood and gore out of the remnant population... (I think I might have seen a guild out there that was recruiting kindred only, so I this popped in my mind~)

Soon,all humans, elves and dwarves and even the stoic Stonemen perish, till all that are left in this Forsaken World are the Kindred, doomed to fight amongst each other for eternity~

That is why there cannot be a single best class for pvp~
    (pve can be quite unbalanced also~ Someone could start a topic for what is the fastest leveling solo pve vs group pve vs necessary for bosses. ;) )
    edited May 2010
    june wrote: »
    This topic is getting deep. :)

I agree that 1 vs 1 pvp does not need to be balanced by class, but I imagine warrior, assassin, wizard, vampire, marksman,protectors as being more chosen by pvpers for having more offensive skills and there more fun and better for pvp~

The positive side for priests and bards is that they can self buff/heal, the advantage of which is eliminated if the other side is also buffed or being healed~

Considering that if there was one class or race that was overwhelmingly better than all the rest at pvp, then most everyone would want to be this class~

Imagine a guild war battlefield where it looks like the other guild has not shown up~ A human fidgets nervously. An elf and dwarf bicker. Suddenly, dozens of kindred assassins attack out of thin air, simultaneously taking out all clerics,bards, and wizards. In the confusion a swarm of bats swoop in, fiendishly sucking the blood and gore out of the remnant population... (I think I might have seen a guild out there that was recruiting kindred only, so I this popped in my mind~)

Soon,all humans, elves and dwarves and even the stoic Stonemen perish, till all that are left in this Forsaken World are the Kindred, doomed to fight amongst each other for eternity~

That is why there cannot be a single best class for pvp~
    (pve can be quite unbalanced also~ Someone could start a topic for what is the fastest leveling solo pve vs group pve vs necessary for bosses. ;) )

...you're going to need a lot of assassins to pull that off...especially when the protectors start stunning every1 XD

Well in terms of any1 leveling fast it would probably be the warriors and mages I guess. Well all in all, every1 should become a beast tamer for more dps anyway XD
  • veritasadveritasad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PvE unbalanced? Hahahaha. All you have to do is group up with them, befriend them, and work together. I'll be a marksman, so I'm probably gonna have to solo alot of things in pve alone, and same with pvp. But there will be times where I'll group up with people to do stuff. Always funner and almost always more beneficial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    veritasad wrote: »
    PvE unbalanced? Hahahaha. All you have to do is group up with them, befriend them, and work together. I'll be a marksman, so I'm probably gonna have to solo alot of things in pve alone, and same with pvp. But there will be times where I'll group up with people to do stuff. Always funner and almost always more beneficial.

PWE games PvE is scary... u can see that in JD and PW>. boss can 1 hit u anytime.. grinding alone is cost so much pots and money at high lvl.. FW will be even harder because u can't buy pot from NPC and u gotta do hard work gather and such to make ur own pots

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • junejune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PWE games PvE is scary... u can see that in JD and PW>. boss can 1 hit u anytime.. grinding alone is cost so much pots and money at high lvl.. FW will be even harder because u can't buy pot from NPC and u gotta do hard work gather and such to make ur own pots
    I completely agree with that! (Didn't want to derail the topic though.) I hope for everyone to get along and that there won't be big issues because some classes need to use more pots/item shop/auction for bosses... Getting gear will cost a lot of pots/items. But that is part of how PW and FW can make money... :p

(A PVE imbalance could potentially also cause a flood of a particular class, that would be used by certain people to farm for alts, etc. as has been seen by some in PW~ One positive is that any class can be a tamer in FW.)

Instead of PVP, I will say the best annoying PK class would be assassin. Players will not know they are being attacked until they are attacked. If the assassin feels the fight is too tough, they can stealth and run away, and the other player will be like "wth?" and not know if the assassin is going to attack again, to run away, or only to pretend to run away in order to strike again.

It is also troublesome for those who are fighting tough mobs or aoe fighting mobs and has aggroed a group of mobs. That assassin can wait in shadows and strike opportunely at the most inconvenient time for others--

Beware a plague of assassins. ;)
  • phrenikosphrenikos Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    june wrote: »

Instead of PVP, I will say the best annoying PK class would be assassin. Players will not know they are being attacked until they are attacked. If the assassin feels the fight is too tough, they can stealth and run away, and the other player will be like "wth?" and not know if the assassin is going to attack again, to run away, or only to pretend to run away in order to strike again.

It is also troublesome for those who are fighting tough mobs or aoe fighting mobs and has aggroed a group of mobs. That assassin can wait in shadows and strike opportunely at the most inconvenient time for others--

Beware a plague of assassins. ;)

Probably at low levels, yes. At higher levels I'd have to say the marksman would be the most annoying pk class with its arsenal of slowing / self-speed buffing skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sadotoki - 40 Warrior
  • blindguyblindguy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

well i play a wiz in pwi, and yeah bosses can 1shot me, depending on the boss, but i can solo grind on mobs at least 5 lvls above me and take on 2 or 3 at once using only 1 hp pot....i know wizzies tend to get kind of op endgame but im still squishy :/ (never played other classes to high lvl so maybe its different for them :p) .......i just realized i have nothing ontopic to add cause i almost never pvp.... >.> fail.
    Ive been told the blue is evil. but i love it anyway.
    >.>
    <.<
    **Proud future bard of FW**
  • veritasadveritasad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I play BoI and there's bosses that at certain times can 1 hit kill you. But, you have to be connected and work with higher levels to kill that boss and get items. So, if you can find a good community of helpful higher level players, it should be easier, but still difficult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    and for pvp remember ur pet can be stronger than u like in JD.. when u make it become a soul pet it's even become ubber stronger xP. so pvp will be scary.. i remember in JD i have a pet that attack as much as me.. he can bleed and decrease 24% deffense that was scary for a lot of people.. some pet can heal.. like over heal..pet also be a problem in pvp.. but DONT be stupid and hit the pet.. always hit the player..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • pizzblackpizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    From what I've seen on the videos...warrior seems really good.

Haha, I'll stick with vampire to the end!

Gonna be a lot of trouble... ><
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • koshirokoshiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    for pve its known that assassin rule in there
    but in pvp its different story .. there will be ganging up so stoneman and warrior and other melee who dont have range attacks will face a hard time in there
    about mage .. with good armors it could be terrifying
    bard seems to be more peaceful to hurt .. i dont think it will be strong fellow in pvp
    vampire .. ah what can be worse facing him .. am sure it will be like warlock with unique spells .. so i guess it will be very strong .. a one u want avoid in pvp lol
    priest in my way is the true vampire .. he sits in party and leech exp and just pressing heal, heal, heal, heal ahaha .. but i dont think a priest can kill any other classes .. maybe bard .. maybe not .. so its no good in my point of view
    but in my opinion marksman will be the best in pvp
    dwarves have high hp also their armors seems to be heavy so i guess they wont be easy with high hp i can dps and run and let my friends kill if i couldnt .. with long range i can kite *if thats possible* so yeah .. he is a tough one

thats in my opinion ofcorse
    Guild : BlackCard
    Race : Dwarf
    Class : Marksman