test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance - 7/5/18

anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 675 Perfect World Employee

Emergency Maintenance Announcement

There will be an Emergency Maintenance occurring tonight, 7/5/18. We are uncertain of the start time at the moment, but it will begin once the team has finished making their preparations. The maintenance will temporarily remove access to the Guild Auction house while the team continues to investigate the experienced issue. We will provide further updates as we obtain more information.

***Reminder: Maintenance times are tentative and subject to change.***

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your patience as we deal with this issue!

Comments

• nyxdeath001nyxdeath001 Posts: 72 Arc User
    ban for exploiters, rewards for non exploiters and honest people too :thinking: :wae:
  • ichdummichdumm Posts: 307 Arc User
    would appreciate normal prices for e.g. Flame Cristal (need 14 more to get first gold :) )
    Dyos now up to 1,5-2 dia.
  • fw2database#6189 fw2database Posts: 120 Arc User
    > @nyxdeath001 said:
    > ban for exploiters, rewards for non exploiters and honest people too :thinking: :wae:

Exploiters are only ppl with vip Monarch - bug worked for them.
    And administration have to ban not only their accounts - they have to check mail from them with tons of diamonds. And ban those diamonds-store-accoubts too. Cuz there could be millions of diamonds.
  • slider108slider108 Posts: 2 Arc User
    is this going to be another rollback... like Super Nova Pack?
  • dutchhunkdutchhunk Posts: 5 Arc User
    To improve the game we report issues, we expect help on issues we encounter. So we should return the favor and help kick the glitches and faults in game by reporting them. Its hard enough to get strong or make a few gold. Its shamefull people use these issues to get ahead like this, and shouldnt go unpunished.
  • anasilva991anasilva991 Posts: 778 Arc User
    We are onto smtg now, yes would be cool to ban everysingle main, ip who did it, they are not that many, they destroyed your busyness, our economy and our game, all of that for the selfish silly temporary illusions of power, they should not be allowed to win this one, usually im the sardonic in these forums, but im definetly not a criminal to that level.
  • jade#3819 jade Posts: 11 Arc User
    how is it thier fault FW screwed up the items dropped from orbs they opened and of course they gonna do a rollback they dont want ppl to make gold coins it seems they trying to clean the gold coins out of game and make it CSer friendly and the non-CSers cant improve thier toons. idk how much longer majority of ppl will willing to stay when ppl cant even do any instances or raids 105+
    Players alway hace had issues with cs'ers. But needles to say they keep the game alive as well. Most cs actually help a lot ingame ( some excluded) Non cs can advance it just takes longer. Cs dont make a good and strong chara, its knowing how to play your character. But the issue at hand with AH at base should be looked at and determine who took advantedge of this issue and be punished accordingly. No one should use these ingame "faults" to benefit themselves, just report it to improve the game. But thats probebly asking Human nature to take a U-turn, there will always be people who take advantedge...punish them and make them see the error of their ways.
  • jade#3819 jade Posts: 11 Arc User
    is there any word on how long servers are going to be down?
  • longschwanzerllongschwanzerl Posts: 59 Arc User
    > @strachster#3940 said:
    > I woud had a cactus grow on my palm or a **** on my forehead then they gona ban whales keep delusion yourselfs oh and a reward for being honest gona be 3 chese bread and 1 that thing to upgrade nervina :D

Well have fun with your cactus then, because one of our major csers got perma banned yesterday.
  • ptaka#2822 ptaka Posts: 1 Arc User
    If the game allows it, it is not the players fault. Start hiring testers instead of depending on players to report bugs! You dont pay them so do not expect anything from them. Want to punish someone why not punish the developers for delivering crappy code. And "Neo" (who ever that is) it is time to wake the f up. The world was build on people exploting it is in our nature. So you make a game for people expect this is going to happen and act accordingly fix ur shhh. And for the exploiter thx for maintenance [email protected]#$!
  • bloodreaperfwbloodreaperfw Posts: 66 Arc User
    I still have no idea what actually happened, can someone explain.
    Level 100 BloodWind
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If the game allows it, it is not the players fault. Start hiring testers instead of depending on players to report bugs! You dont pay them so do not expect anything from them. Want to punish someone why not punish the developers for delivering crappy code. And "Neo" (who ever that is) it is time to wake the f up. The world was build on people exploting it is in our nature. So you make a game for people expect this is going to happen and act accordingly fix ur shhh. And for the exploiter thx for maintenance [email protected]#$!

If people take the chance of using glitches or bugs then they should also accept the concequenses. Like a ban. Exploit all you want, and buy a cactus

• micca1976#0699 micca1976 Posts: 38 Arc User
    1. why they not test the bug themselves
    2. why they took so long to take actions
    3. why they not remove the guild ah on last maintenance
    4. how about the gold already circulated
    What ever the reasons not to fix bugs, does not give anyone a free pass on exploit without concequenses. Do the 'crime" do the "time".
  • copolong#9918 copolong Posts: 376 Arc User

Supporting the existence of legitimacy in the fact that in the presence of a system error, some individuals use it to their advantage, abusing, under the idea that "we are human beings and poor of us, we have no choice but to fall in crime "is like forgiving the rapist for seeing another human being and **** him, because poor he is designed to harm at the slightest opportunity. Its a sovereign stupidity. We have options, and we choose, and that's the only thing that determinates the why of some situations.

If someone enters your home, and by virtue of their earnings steals everything that has economic value, I find it hard to believe that you will REJECT the possibility of bringing it to justice, under the slogan of "poor man, it is human, we are like that"

There are many ways of being, and among some of them, abuse and cheating are included. It's as simple as that. And any person entitled to take profits, is also to take losses.

We can concur in that, despite all the above, the game has been more punished than compensated, cheaters have obtained more than they lost, and finally, the semblance of the community, both in forums and within the servers, is deplorable. And it is deplorable because the childish spirit of potential players, together with the submissive spirit of many others, has led us to downturn.
  • thafujithafuji Posts: 285 Arc User

jade#3819 said:

Exactly the same I'm thinking.

• longschwanzerllongschwanzerl Posts: 59 Arc User
    > @strachster#3940 said:
    > > @longschwanzerl said:

> > > @strachster#3940 said:

> > > I woud had a cactus grow on my palm or a **** on my forehead then they gona ban whales keep delusion yourselfs oh and a reward for being honest gona be 3 chese bread and 1 that thing to upgrade nervina :D

> >

> > Well have fun with your cactus then, because one of our major csers got perma banned yesterday.

>

> Plz tell who that was dont leave it like that and 1 cs is not that much when i heard is way more did it.

>

> Side note im a colector of cactuses i like that plant :wink:

His name was Paccoll, Mage from Dyos.
  • underworldfiendunderworldfiend Posts: 67 Arc User

> @strachster#3940 said:

> > @longschwanzerl said:

> > > @strachster#3940 said:

> > > I woud had a cactus grow on my palm or a **** on my forehead then they gona ban whales keep delusion yourselfs oh and a reward for being honest gona be 3 chese bread and 1 that thing to upgrade nervina :D

> >

> > Well have fun with your cactus then, because one of our major csers got perma banned yesterday.

>

> Plz tell who that was dont leave it like that and 1 cs is not that much when i heard is way more did it.

>

> Side note im a colector of cactuses i like that plant :wink:

His name was Paccoll, Mage from Dyos.

only paccoll or the rest too?
  • g92kamissssg92kamissss Posts: 33 Arc User
    HAPPY bannday to the lucky guys who where banned^^^im so proud off you to help us clear the game form some bacteria/ virus.
    and for you exploiter enjoy youre bann aleast u can rest youre fingers now from opning orbs all days long^^ see FW is nice after all giving vecation just in time when the summer is here .<3<3
  • nimagelasnimagelas Posts: 21 Arc User
    After the black friday, the ban friday !
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 693 Arc User
    thafuji said:

jade#3819 said:

Long story short. there was an exploit for the guild auction house accessible to those with Monarch CS level where they were not charged to bid for an item, but still got a refund when outbid

This resulted in logging alts and switching to obtain ~2000D (unbound) every minute or so (or even faster if another Monarch level account was helping). The received money is mailed to the system account, which allows for up to 100 mails before capping, so people were exploiting around 200,000D per 30 minutes or so (if tag-teaming), before having to leave the base to collect, and mail to alts, and return to base and continue

This continued for 5 (FIVE) WEEKS on Dyos and 1 WEEK on Illyfue, despite it being reported 3 WEEKS ago, until action was taken just now on it.
  • docjohndocjohn Posts: 9 Arc User
    an update would be nice its been a while now how much longer please?
  • preggl2ppreggl2p Posts: 2 Arc User
    docjohn said:

an update would be nice its been a while now how much longer please?

The servers have been online for several hours now ^^
  • anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 675 Perfect World Employee
    Maintenance ended earlier this morning around 1:15 AM PT.
  • buffybombbuffybomb Posts: 178 Arc User

thafuji said:

jade#3819 said:

Long story short. there was an exploit for the guild auction house accessible to those with Monarch CS level where they were not charged to bid for an item, but still got a refund when outbid

This resulted in logging alts and switching to obtain ~2000D (unbound) every minute or so (or even faster if another Monarch level account was helping). The received money is mailed to the system account, which allows for up to 100 mails before capping, so people were exploiting around 200,000D per 30 minutes or so (if tag-teaming), before having to leave the base to collect, and mail to alts, and return to base and continue

This continued for 5 (FIVE) WEEKS on Dyos and 1 WEEK on Illyfue, despite it being reported 3 WEEKS ago, until action was taken just now on it.
    I'm kind of amazed that people who put so much money into the game would risk their accounts in such a way. Maybe they figured PWE wouldn't ban them since they cs'd so much? Also a bit confused over why it was only Monarchs, maybe the Ultimate Chroma Stone has super secret haxx powers?! Jokes aside, you'd think the bug happened cause of one of the cser benefits or something, but as far as I know all Monarchs get is the previous benefits along with a title and a fancy light. Oh well, bugs are bugs and sometimes they don't make sense.