test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playing a Windbard being poor and not having much time

I've spent money on my wind bard, more than I would care to and I'll admit, I dont spend much time on it. Barely any really. I'd probably be alot farther on this toon if I did have the time to spend.

But I don't. And after a few years of playing wind bard on a game like PWI it's occurred to me that maybe playing a "glass cannon" type toon is the worst for some one who;

a. Has no time
b. Has no money (I like food and clothes and I need glasses etc "
c. Barely has the patience

MY BIGGEST ISSUE about this is that my gear is still LVL88 tho I am working on lvl 95 and for the life of me I CANNOT KILL A LVL 99 MOB TO SAVE MY LIFE IT TAKES FOREVER IM ALREADY DEAD BY THE TIME I DO!

Long Story Short;

Which one of these classes

a. KILL FAST
b. CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT BEING IN MAX GEARS
c. AND IS STILL FUN

Sorry this is way too long...but yeah, help?

Comments

• ichdummichdumm Posts: 212 Arc User
    There is no class that are directly OP. All classes need to have proper gear. Try to get Heropoints and change your gear to better ones. Also a GUILD may help you to evolve your toon.
  • utahaltutahalt Posts: 377 Arc User
    At least you know your problem and you can find the solution. Basically keep working on your gears, don't push yourself to next level until you ready, if not, still plently you can play in game ie. GT2, IP, RCIA, RCIM, lv80 or below dailies, Henry, etc. There are so much to do and you don't need new content to stress out until you are ready. cheers!!!
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,014 Arc User
    i really quite enjoy wardens. good dps, single and aoe, and some self heals and bubbles for solo play.
  • dygyn#5649 dygyn Posts: 21 Arc User
    ichdumm said:

There is no class that are directly OP. All classes need to have proper gear. Try to get Heropoints and change your gear to better ones.

I understand that, I do. A part of the fun of mmorpgs is to farm and quest and band together with others to improve your toon, yes I know this. I'll never be OP, not playing a Perfect World Entertainment game. I don't have that type of cash. Frankly, I don't want to. I just don't play the game enough to even fathom being OP.

Also a GUILD may help you to evolve your toon.

I don't really ask for help outside of questing. So if you're referring to help within the scope of gear instances. That's been done. My Guild is frikkin awesome. The problem is that I have no time.

Thanks for the reply, Cheers!

utahalt said:

At least you know your problem and you can find the solution. Basically keep working on your gears, don't push yourself to next level until you ready, if not, still plently you can play in game ie. GT2, IP, RCIA, RCIM, lv80 or below dailies, Henry, etc. There are so much to do and you don't need new content to stress out until you are ready. cheers!!!

I like the way you think. It's basically the vybe I'm going for. Not too fast. Just enjoying different aspects of the game. But it irritates me that the one thing that I think I should be able to do comfortably i.e questing is not only a chore but damn annoying without the right gears. I'm in 88 Champ gear and gold boots. All IVs gems etc etc. I can survive, yes! But it annoys me that I can't kill a single mob without being close to death. Almost 100k hp with no buffs whatsoever, everything hits me for 8 and 10k

Thanks for the reply! Cheers

amarantos said:

i really quite enjoy wardens. good dps, single and aoe, and some self heals and bubbles for solo play.

Hmm...I like the sound of that. I've tried water bard but the damage is atrocious

Thanks for the reply, Cheers

• I always see people asking what is "the best class and build to play" all the time. My honest opinion is always going to be that it depends on play style and preferrence. Do you like to heal? Do you like to tank, do you like to dps? Warriors are both good dpsers and tanks, good survivability given you understand your skills and your talent tree.
    My personal preferrences are Assassin and Priest as I have played both for 7 years now. Priests have long survivability pve wise and I used Glacial as her dps build. My Assassin was great for killing fast, but naturally not the tankiest... I can have massive damage output and even pull agro but if I hold for too long without constant focus heals, my Assassin is kinda screwed xD