test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Years GM Pinata Party! 1/8 - 1/11 ** RESULTS **

anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 564 Moderator
edited January 20 in General Discussion

Happy New Year Forsaken World!

To help celebrate the new year, we’re holding a event! Everyone will be able to relieve some stress from the previous year. It sounds strange, but some of you might already may understand where this is going… ring in the new year by laying into a GM! It’s a New Year’s Piñata Party!

The more damage everyone does to the GM, the better the rewards that the GM piñatas drop!

How this will work:
  • A GM will be on each server at the scheduled time.
  • Players will have 30 min to deal as much damage as possible to the GM.
  • On PvE servers, this will be done by dueling the GM.
  • Everyone will receive rewards after the event ends, based on the total damage done to the GM.

Rewards:

70,000,000 Damage

Mysterious Treasure – 5 Soul Diamonds

100,000,000 Damage

Gem Grand Pack – Ragefire III x2, Bloodstone III x2, Solarflare III x2, Eagleeye III x2, Goldspark III, Shattershard III, Twilight III, Crystaline III

150,000,000 Damage

War Reward Supply – Life Serum, Mana Serum x2, Bloodstone IV, Book of Faith: Exalted x9

240,000,000 Damage

Astroplane Dust x15, Hard Star Essence x3

Schedule:

1/8
  • Lionheart @ 5:30 PM PST
1/9
  • Eyrda @ 5:30 PM PST
1/10
  • Storm Legion @ 5:30 PM PST
  • Shylia @ 9:00 AM PST
  • Dyos @ 10:00 AM PST
1/11
  • Illyfue @ 8:00 AM PST
  • Nyos @ 9:00 AM PST
  • Tytan @ 10:00 AM PST

--------------------------------------- RESULTS ---------------------------------------

Well done everyone! So many of you came out and joined in the pinata fun! We needed a lot of ice for the beatings we received ^_^;

The combined total was tremendous!

679,878,418 Damage!

So much damage was done that we've sweetened the rewards some!

5V5oXABd

The code contains:
  • Mysterious Treasure
  • UPGRADED - Gem Grand Pack (Deluxe)
  • War Reward Supply
  • UPGRADED - Astroplane Dust x20
  • UPGRADED - Hard Star Essence x5
The code is bound, redeemable once per account and will expire 1/25/18.

Enjoy!
Post edited by anole300#5837 on

Comments

• vmaxfan1vmaxfan1 Posts: 4 Arc User

On PvE servers, this will be done by dueling the GM.

Do we have any PVE servers now ? :D
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 9
    For reference and to help improve overall damage for the event, the GMs stats are such that regular attacks don't really do any damage. A character with 42K attack, 2400 mastery, and 750% cdamage was unable to inflict any damage beyond 1 point even with a 200% base attack damage skill.

The best skills to use are those that apply DoT effects, and even better, DoTs as a percentage of the target's health (eg. Venom Sins Mutilation), Nyos Blood Poison (Sin thing), Feasts, Fire, Tormentor DoTs, etc.
  • redkit35000redkit35000 Posts: 76 Arc User
    we need to solve our problems so we can participate in the events
  • canpicancanpican Posts: 5 Arc User

we need to solve our problems so we can participate in the events

they are very irresponsible Goodluck! redkit35000
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,014 Arc User
    for reference the gm has like 5mil hp, we killed him several times over with like only a couple demons/venom sins (not super op ones either). im pretty sure our damage was done and just not showing due to secret gm mechanics. and yes I know hits showed up as 1 dmg or none at all. gm also stated eyrda appeared to do double the damage it did last time this event was around. I dont think there's much to worry about as long as you have a decent amount of people whacking him.
  • tidus#4785 tidus Posts: 11 Arc User
    Server would of done alot more damage if the dicks in amarantos guild would not pk everyone else thats not in boosters
    quir baby you reap what you sow, don't farm orbs then try to du the crowd then whine when you get rekt. you wanted pvp remember, you don't get to pick and choose where it happens ;)
  • karekano26karekano26 Posts: 30 Arc User

Server would of done alot more damage if the dicks in amarantos guild would not pk everyone else thats not in boosters

We did enough damage without you anyway, besides i remember you targeting some of us instead of look for the GM "to do dmg", double face always trying to call people dicks when you are one xD funny fact.

• xxkaenxxxxkaenxx Posts: 6 Arc User
    I was flying in the air and still getting killed by Booster guild members... The instant my friend dropped from the air every time, he popped. Eventually he gave up. Was really a depressing a event. I understand it's a PvP server and all, but I thought people would have learned to come together for a single goal for at least 30 minutes. Clearly I was wrong, and now I know better.
  • karekano26karekano26 Posts: 30 Arc User
    Event to beat the GM was doing pretty well at the start, only popping orbs from Varn, who also killed some alts... Till your... how did you call it? Your friend... came and aoe after picking orbs in the air and i believe he uses DU too, if my effects are working properly.
    Also saw you in the air for a long time before get killed AFTER all that, i must say you can't participate from the air :/ but anyway good job Eyrda :o according to the GM we did more dmg than last year :)

I don't think you even know who I am to make a story like that. My friend was only Lv74. He just started playing this week. I was on my Lv81 alt account and Lv102. We were both in the air because we had just arrived to the event and were scoping it out, trying to find the GM. When we found him/her, we dropped and tried attacking but were immediately killed by Booster. Not trying to be detoured by this, thinking maybe we just got hit by AOE attacks, we quickly revived and went back, and tried attacking from a different side. But, to no one's surprise, were killed again. So we revive and go back a 3rd time and then just fly and watch. Then people from Booster go out of their way to get on flying mounts, fly up, and kill us. Yeah, I don't see how any of that was us trying to hurt anyone or get in the way. My friend doesn't even know enough about wrath to say he'd be stealing orbs y'all were creating. And I was just focused on trying to DPS the GM. But any moment not in the air was a moment we were popped. And even when we were in the air we still died so. Again, I understand it being a PVP server, I really do. I was greatly enthusiastic about PVP as well before my characters fell off a cliff and everyone became op by comparison. I'm not one to cry about being killed by someone stronger than me for having spent more time or even money on the game to get where they are. But it would just be nice if everyone would come together and set aside their differences for a common goal that would benefit everyone. I can't understand why that's so hard to do. Why would you rather have no one get anything for the sake of holding a grudge or PK'ing KOS guilds, rather than all teaming up for just a moment so that everyone gets something good out of it. Not saying that's how it worked in this case of the GM event, but just in general. I imagine this isn't the only event that'll happen in an open PVP setting. I think I heard there were others in the past as well.

And just for the record, my friend is a warrior so he wouldn't AOE anyone, not that he ever got an attack off to try anyway.
    unfortunately you are in a guild with people who would rather disrupt events with pvp than participate, and people who go out of their way to **** people off on a daily basis that yes, we will not set differences aside just for a fun event. fun fact. warriors have frontal and 360 degree aoe, as do other classes that were present. we had a large raid of people not just in our guild but randoms too, working together just fine. when your piece of **** guildmates try to pvp then you are going to die too. maybe you should have a chat with them before putting the blame entirely on us.

and also fyi, eyrda is one of the smaller populated servers. this is an all servers contribution event. the other servers will for sure be doing more damage than we did, and I'm sure they will experience some pvp as well since pvp is currently enabled on pve servers at level cap. so please get over yourself.
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 11
    The was semi-active PvP on Lionheart, meaning, if someone was on the ground near an AoE that went off from someone who was targetting the GM, AND the person doing the fighting had white name protection turned off, then people were getting hit if they were in range.

As was mentioned during the event on our PvE server, if people hitting the GM just turn white-name protection on, then no one gets caught in any accidental AoE deaths. Don't know if that works on a PvP server
  • develichious2develichious2 Posts: 178 Arc User

1/11

• Illyfue @ 8:00 AM PST
    • Nyos @ 9:00 AM PST
    • Tytan @ 10:00 AM PST
    our servers were down during this event, we gonna do it another day?
    I'm pretty sure no one from RadiantDawn goes out of their way to mess with any guild so... Also, I'm aware of the Warrior's aoe skills. I was saying he wouldn't use it because he still doesn't understand his skills. It's also funny because he still had white name protection on, which I had completely forgotten about, so he wasn't even able to attack the GM even if he did get the chance. Which also brings up another good point of why the GM for our server was considered white name anyway. Just made it all the more chaotic. Either way, I'm not trying to sit on a high horse and shift all the blame to anyone. I've made my case, and you may try to corrupt it, but my point isn't to say it's all Booster's fault. However, from our perspective, y'all were literally going quite far out of your ways to kill anyone that wasn't your friend so. Case and point with killing us while we were still in the air and getting red names from it. At one point I was way off to the side with my Archer and just using NONE-AOE SKILLS, and someone still came up and killed me before going back to attacking the GM.
  • zturduzzturduz Posts: 8 Arc User

The amount of hypocrisy in that one sentence....>.<
  • majkel33majkel33 Posts: 85 Arc User
    jeez you ppl.. raid can hold up to 36 Think next time before you join the event most pvp servs do that
  • hope#6816 hope Posts: 1 Arc User
    Should blame the GM as this always happens and they don't care. They should come up with a better event that can include everyone and not only the strongest players.