test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Super Group Alliance

I came up with this Idea of having an Alliance between Super Groups and I hope you all agree with this.

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Yes, most people have wanted this. But it is a question of how feasible it would be long term not to mention resources available to do it. Its' very requested feature, and suggestions forum is a few down from here.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I have no idea what he is talking about.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • rojan1987rojan1987 Posts: 37 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Think about it in Star Trek online different fleets in that game form Armadas, and in this game if every Super Group come together those SG can help each other out.

Basically Super Group Alliances, aka two or more groups basically forming into a mega group as it were. Technically accomplished through channels now, but I guess extra features like sharing and such could happen. I dunno.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Sorry, can't agree with you.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Most are already like that now
    So, what benefit is there to having an alliance? Just bragging rights or something functional?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • rojan1987rojan1987 Posts: 37 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Why do you disagree?
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Does the game offer anything to SGs beyond a chat channel? I don't think so, but if I am wrong I would like to know.

Anyway, you want to be able to keep your own SG, however large or small, and share a chat channel with however many other SGs of whatever size?

To what end?

Can't you just create a channel and invite all the members of every SG that you want in your "alliance"? That even leaves room for some people without an SG to join in.
    edited September 2019
    As of the current reasoning, there is no good reason to be apart of an SG beyond having a special title attached to your name. Whether it is an unpopular opinion or not, the only thing an SG provides the common player is an extra costume slot and a new channel that typically gets ignored due to the fact players can create their own channels.

The harsh reality of the Super Group is that it is just an extended piggy bank for SG leaders. That's it. Some may expand the bank functionality for others to use but many just use the SG bank as their own personal extra bank. Rarely is any member allowed access to any funds that are donated willingly.

To be harshly cold about it, in CO's current state the SGs offer no value at all. Other than innate tribalism, the functionality is not there that even the two sister games enjoy (which is both a headquarters that the groups can build towards and unique items that groups would be interested in working towards).

I know when Hideouts were worked on, SG Headquarters were tossed about to, but that had the caveat of hideouts being successful. Do I think SG Headquarters would help this game? I don't know I don't make those kind of predictions since every special thing that people claim will save and/or help the game has done the opposite in the past.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    rojan1987 wrote: »
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Why do you disagree?

FOR THE HORDE!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited September 2019
    I wonder how many players are like me and have an SG that is just one's own characters? Nice to have the extra storage. That's about all that's of interest to me about current SGs.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    most of my characters are in SGs that they got invited to at random.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I wonder how many players are like me and have an SG that is just one's own characters? Nice to have the extra storage. That's about all that's of interest to me about current SGs.

I have one of those, I know a lot of other people who do as well. It's just common sense if you don't have the muns to spend on making a huge hideout bank... which I've been slowly accumulating over the years. Still don't have room for everything in there though.

What's funny is that for a while I was just in that SG, then I became interested in joining other SGs... in every single one, the moment I joined I was given a link to a private channel because nobody actually uses SG chat. SGs are literally just the bank and a method to get private channel links o3o
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

This is in fact the sole reason for the existence of the Children of MK-Ultra - it's easier to share items and Recognition, especially since I play on more than one account. I can, however, understand why this functionality isn't really of use to most players.

STO Armadas exist because Fleets frequently act as a sink for resources, especially Dilithium (which is required to complete almost any project in a Fleet, from the Fleet Starbase to the Colony to, oddly enough, the Dilithium Mine), and smaller Fleets often simply don't have enough wealthy members to complete things. As a member of an Armada, however, if you have spare resources you can contribute those to unfinished projects from another Fleet in the Armada. (This has become less useful since the recent revamp of Fleet projects that started requiring more things like Dil and particular Duty Officers, and less of the random drops from missions.)

Since that particular function doesn't apply to SGs, I can't see where an Alliance would be of any particular use.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"