test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's talk about Cosmics and Flight.

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Missions and Content
For a long time I have wished to escape the hustle and bustle of the melee mosh pit. Constantly being shoved about and smothered by our... larger companions. Oh no, I must move quickly! Well too bad you're squished between a bunch of furries and whatever that thing is that bumburger is playing as today u3u

So then I tried it. Like I actually just tried activating flight whenever I could during cosmics. It worked out pretty great. Ape's big aoe knocks out your TP, but for the vast majority of the time before the next one you can just turn on Flight and hover above the melee pit. Same with Kiga, it's just the storm that grounds you, and so long as you hover just above people's heads rather than making a break for the heavens beyond, getting iced won't be an issue either; hell, if anything it makes it easier to spot when you've been iced since you're not burried in man meat.

And then there's Dino. Dino's TP lockout is dumb. Not in the way that people usually say it's dumb though. Only the green aoe from momma dino locks out TPs, and it only locks them out for 2 whole seconds. You can actually have your TP on for the majority of that fight. I was hovering above the melee mosh pit not getting pushed into tail range constantly and it was pretty great. This is probably the biggest "what was the point of that again?" thing about that ever. 2 whole seconds.

But only small characters are allowed to fly. You big people should stay on the ground otherwise your big ol butts are gonna block everyone's view ~3~ big people may be the masters of the melee mosh pit, while the small peeps may take to the skies ( not literally the skies though, you shouldn't go so high that the healer's aoe healing can't aoe heal you ).
Post edited by spinnytop on

Comments

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    LMFAO! Manmeat, you realize that this is a word for male bits, right?
    [NbK]XStorm
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    What if I told you that the average size and small heroes are the most shoviest ones? Probably won't believe me, but that's what I've experienced so far.

Oh, and thanks for the info! I'll do this during cramped cosmics now!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

3609caff64cba95c9f5373c7a58f0dc5.jpg
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    What if I told you that the average size and small heroes are the most shoviest ones? Probably won't believe me, but that's what I've experienced so far.

Speaking as an average sized, and probably one of the shoviest ones... its because I can't see around those big butts and/or fluffy tails! =)
  • What if I told you that the average size and small heroes are the most shoviest ones? Probably won't believe me, but that's what I've experienced so far.

can confirm; the tiniest ones usually have the biggest repelling power...which makes no dogdamn sense, but neither do a lot of things in CO​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It's possible the collision radius of characters does not change with size, which would cause small characters to seem pushy. My experience is that the problem with large characters is that they have obnoxious selection boxes.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    @kaizerin you should outright remove height and body mass sliders. help us have fun the intended way​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    @kaizerin you should outright remove height and body mass sliders. help us have fun the intended way​​

267401836003211.png?r1024x1024
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    I wanted to thank you! I have been floating in some cosmics - often I'm the only one - and it's a great help. Yay!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    YEah this is a standard I practice during event bosses since there aren't a lot of people to get smacked in the face alongside me while I'm tanking in midair, as well as the fact that most event bosses don't have a TP disable. Lot more enjoyable that way, though clearly with the attack animations the robots use it's super obvious you were never meant to fight them at that height. Yup, sure, makes sense your ground slam damages me hovering by your head.

Enemy animations and attacks are also way easier to read at that height, even though all the cosmics are fought with TPs getting turned off every few seconds and flight being one of the slowest in-combat movement options. Boggles the mind why the superhero game that's defined by being able to fly around isn't engineered to take such situations into account.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))