test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make Feral Rage's After Image aura available for players

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Suggestions Box
Not a fan of this "Ultimate" at all, but did you know it gives you a very badass After Image aura thats its replica of your character's model and gets unsynchronized?

Let me give you some visual aid what im talking about with the character im currently testing stuff in PTS
uUajNnO.gif
uGc1PxV.gif

This is a very cool effect, seeing the after image jumping like that while the character moving

IF THIS IS A BUG, PLEASE DON'T FIX IT! MAKE IT A FEATURE

We need this unsynchronized after image as an aura

[INSERT STAND POWER JOJOKES HERE]​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Tagged:

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Better yet, make Feral Rage worthy of the ultimate slot. The after image I would use an aura though.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    God I wish​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    You know now that these AD/AO changes are hitting, for some reason Feral Rage and Master of the Mind are starting to look more attractive...

But anyways, on topic, after image aura would be cool, but they should slow down the after-images just a teeny bit so they lag behind you just a bit more. Also have versions with 2, 3, or even 5 after images!
    edited August 2019
    On the subject of Feral Rage (and in turn Master of the Mind) these are just inferior AO/D combos. They provide less benefits than any other Ultimate.

Offensively their damage is dependent on conditions that are extremely niche. Defensively they are inferior to even the weakest AD passive. And as far as a power goes, every other Ultimate power at least provides a debuff and area of effect to a target, meanwhile especially in Feral Rage's case, its effect is limited, it provides no debuff, its benefits are dependent on an aspect of the character, and once it ends, you not only lose the power but lose your characters potential and have to rebuild it. This was removed from past Ultimates like Unleashed Rage and Fury of the Dragon, so why does Feral Rage negate enrage stacks after use when the benefits it provides are sub par and highly conditional? Never mind the substantial cool down time on these two Ultimates comparatively to any AO/D or other Ultimate in the game.

If the argument is the temporary speed boost, pah, I would lose the speed boost if the damage and healing boost at least was comparable to it being an actual ultimate AO/D combo instead of conditional. Otherwise I will just stick with a normal AO and AD. At the very least let the regeneration effect be an ongoing thing not something that has to be triggered by hitting an enemy or let the bleed be guaranteed as well. Any other ultimate is just better for your build over Feral Rage and Master of the Mind, if you go that route.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • I was about to try and get this one. Felt like in theory it's a great choice for my werewolf but I guess it isn't. I was expecting more from the animation too - don't ask why. When I hear feral rage, I expect a truly terrifying display
    edited August 2019
    I was about to try and get this one. Felt like in theory it's a great choice for my werewolf but I guess it isn't. I was expecting more from the animation too - don't ask why. When I hear feral rage, I expect a truly terrifying display

Thematically, if that's all you're going for, Feral Rage can fill out a slate of powers. But with the AO/D changes coming out, Feral Rages usefulness falls even further behind with a 60 second long gap between its use versus AO/D clicks, which it shares a CD with. You're better off just finding another ultimate to fit your bill. If you are going for bleeds, Vorpal Blade with invisible weapons works wonder, and does more damage, and actually will stack five bleeds for you over time, versus feral rage's questionable usefulness. Or if you going for tanking, Whirling Dragon Strike, again with invisible weapons, will fit both theme and role way better than Feral Rage.

Hell even Unleashed Rage would end up filling out better. I get what they were trying to go for with Feral Rage, but as far as utility and usefulness, it's sub par as even a basic power, let alone one that takes up the Ultimate slot.
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    On the subject of Feral Rage (and in turn Master of the Mind) these are just inferior AO/D combos. They provide less benefits than any other Ultimate.

Offensively their damage is dependent on conditions that are extremely niche. Defensively they are inferior to even the weakest AD passive. And as far as a power goes, every other Ultimate power at least provides a debuff and area of effect to a target, meanwhile especially in Feral Rage's case, its effect is limited, it provides no debuff, its benefits are dependent on an aspect of the character, and once it ends, you not only lose the power but lose your characters potential and have to rebuild it. This was removed from past Ultimates like Unleashed Rage and Fury of the Dragon, so why does Feral Rage negate enrage stacks after use when the benefits it provides are sub par and highly conditional? Never mind the substantial cool down time on these two Ultimates comparatively to any AO/D or other Ultimate in the game.

If the argument is the temporary speed boost, pah, I would lose the speed boost if the damage and healing boost at least was comparable to it being an actual ultimate AO/D combo instead of conditional. Otherwise I will just stick with a normal AO and AD. At the very least let the regeneration effect be an ongoing thing not something that has to be triggered by hitting an enemy or let the bleed be guaranteed as well. Any other ultimate is just better for your build over Feral Rage and Master of the Mind, if you go that route.

I can hit 30k with massacre and feral rage, not sure what you're doing wrong. Maybe ditch the tank passive?
    edited August 2019

I can hit 30k with massacre and feral rage, not sure what you're doing wrong. Maybe ditch the tank passive?

And what conditions are you under to hit those? I am sure you can do that without feral rage. 2.5% base damage boost per stack of enrage equates to a 20% damage boost to base damage, never mind the post point crash where if you are pumping strength for enrage, would be a loss of something like 184% damage boost, for around 24 seconds after before you reach full potential again (And that's using perfect timing, no gaps or having to stop to block). And saying you can do it is one thing, and basically boils down to hyperbole. I lack conditions, what buffs you have, what debuffs your target has, and what you did to do it. Cause I am pretty sure I've hit 25k before with massacre, so Id on't find 30k with a subpar ultimate all that special. You might gain a big hit but you lose out on long term damage over all. The only reason I use it now is not because of the damage or even the healing it's for the boosted threat, because it's lacking in both areas.

Once the free retcon comes in I will be looking at another ultimate instead, if I even look at any at all.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I would love something like that for Lightning Reflexes or a "dodging aura" effect. So on dodge or something the after image shifts out of the way etc.

Would look awesome!
    I would love something like that for Lightning Reflexes or a "dodging aura" effect. So on dodge or something the after image shifts out of the way etc.

Would look awesome!

Yea, that would definitely be better than the constant armbar block effect.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User

Would look awesome!

This is a BRILLIANT Idea​​
    I want to point out that Bladed Fury is pretty much what I hoped Feral Rage would have been. I can just only hope these ultimates go back to the drawing board, because as it stands, they just aren't very good in the new climate (Feral Rage and Master of the Mind and yes I know they both got their CD dropped to 90 seconds now).
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Basically something like Parry with the effect that happens in a brief window if an attack hits your block right after you use it, but it has a cool dodge effect. Kinda like Nier Automata's perfect dodge visual:
    SereneLavishDugong.gif