test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Death Rattle ?

OK i did the first park and ladyhawke is still trying to figure out the pearl thing. Did i miss something because the sight says the part 4 is live and i haven't even got to part 2.

Comments

• mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Each mission is time gated by a 20-24 hour clock, can't remember if it's a full 24 or a 20 hour countdown.

I believe this is intended to give the impression of time passing by... that it also slows the progression is a side benefit from a development line of thinking.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    give the impression of time passing by.
    Time has passed by 10 years now...
    Maybe they should introduce this "real time" effect to all the missions.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    give the impression of time passing by.
    Time has passed by 10 years now...
    Maybe they should introduce this "real time" effect to all the missions.
    lol.
    We should at least have a different mayor of Millenium City. IIRC, from vague memories of the game lore bible I read over a year ago, the current guy, can't for the life of me ever remember his name, shouldn't even be in office as that position has a term limit.

Sadly the initial team seems to have treated this more like a one shot single player game with little world progression and no signs of change taking place.

With a bigger Dev team and the budget that requires anything could be possible, for now we just need to accept that the Dev's have their hands tied and yet are still trying and finding ways to add new content, for good or for ill, it at least shows they don't want to abandon the game and want to do more than just add a few new character bits to the game.
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    If they wanted to make it interesting they could have a variety of mayors who have different effects on the city and actually let us vote periodically for the one we want.