ss_7dc4fd7e2e84b894b7ae342fdfb9ae280b7a6d73.600x338.jpg?t=1560113862
ss_4fd4924671eb4b219067ffe79eb0860c8c4c3ba9.600x338.jpg?t=1560113862
ss_9a7fccaa2f492c1eb681e3825f84eabb069cfdb8.600x338.jpg?t=1560113862
ss_632652d657f7279e649749fcf26071dad9f8bae1.600x338.jpg?t=1560113862
ss_c36a08672315d5db564eca2db312c650badd10d3.600x338.jpg?t=1560113862
ss_2597ac0094bcd3258870840a27f26c30f4bd0169.600x338.jpg?t=1560113862

it even panders to the every growing furry community ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
ss_9e6d0ba063e9aae23b9ffd53d68bf29eb66784dc.600x338.jpg?t=1560113862

IT IS TIME TO CAST ASIDE OUR DIFFERENCE AND UNITE AGAINST THE DÄMMERUNG OF SUPERHERO MMOS!​​

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    dcuo's unaffected by this development though.

this is not the superhero mmo we need, but the one we deserve
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    ...have any of the programmers involved in this actually seen a woman? In the flesh, I mean, not in a greasy magazine with the pages stuck together?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Oh god, Scarlet Blade just won't die, will it?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    You mean its another game with a bunch of dudes playing hero with spank bank fantasy avatars? You know this is just sad?
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

• magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Each to their own, but that game looks grotesque.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Oh sure this is acceptable... BUT WHEN I enjoy big THICC muscular bara men I'm a gay maggot freak pig-30.gif

I bet the balance in that game is going to be crap

OH MY GOD! The Videos! Look at all those ridiculous boobie physics in action
    e9f.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    ...have any of the programmers involved in this actually seen a woman? In the flesh, I mean, not in a greasy magazine with the pages stuck together?

Yes, and then they made a video game with hypersexualized versions of those women because video games aren't about making a 1:1 recreation of the real world.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    That's not "hypersexualized", that's deformed.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • valoreahvaloreah Posts: 40 Arc User

LMAO! Probably not.
    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

edited June 2019
    That's not "hypersexualized", that's deformed.

The two terms go hand in hand. I guess you haven't seen a lot of this type of media. What's more, today's grotesque deformation is tomorrow's normal hot babe body. There's an entire, lucrative industry out there devoted to constantly seeing how far we can push the sliders before some people think it's too weird... then waiting a year before they start to think it's hot. Human sexual aesthetic preferences are quite malleable. Don't worry, these folks have seen real human women. Then they studied them and which aspects of their form illicit the types of responses from people that will get their money diving into their pockets and got to work in 3d modeling software pinching and bulging those aspects to keep the cash flowing - and yeah, you have to keep pinching and bulging them, because when it comes to fap material people are like drug addicts and need stronger stuff over time to keep them interested.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    if they want me to play this game

they better let me make the prettiest boy twink possible
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    scildtruma wrote: »
    You mean its another game with a bunch of dudes playing hero with spank bank fantasy avatars? You know this is just sad?

I want so badly to applaud your statement, but unfortunately I have four characters* in this game and one** in STO which are pretty much exactly that.

I'm so ashamed.

*...out of twenty
    **...out of seven
    edited July 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »

...which aspects of their form illicit the types of responses....

*elicit

You have a well-reasoned and truthful, if cynical, argument. But I hate every word of it because I personally like real women over Kardashians. And I'm having a bad morning. So I'm going to be "that guy" and nitpick your spelling/grammar error.

Hate me if you must.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Hate me if you must.
    OK! :D

This is Andrithal!!!!

*kicks into caldera*
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Hate me if you must.
    OK! :D

This is Andrithal!!!!

*kicks into caldera*

AAAAaaaaaaaa...........
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    It's ok, the surface of the lava is semi-solid, :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

*elicit

You have a well-reasoned and truthful, if cynical, argument. But I hate every word of it because I personally like real women over Kardashians. And I'm having a bad morning. So I'm going to be "that guy" and nitpick your spelling/grammar error.

Hate me if you must.

The Kardashians disgust me.
    edited July 2019

*elicit

Hate me if you must.

The Kardashians disgust me.

Rightly so. I was just using a specific example to illustrate a generalized body type that seems to be the goal of most of the modern body modifications pertinent to this discussion.

And I know you were...or at least you seemed to be...more decrying than expounding the tendency to "push the sliders," as you called it. And I agree with it. I was just irritated by the cynicism because I think there are still plenty of people out there who like natural over "augmented"...and of course by the misused homophone :)
    I hate the Kardashians because they were pushing the old version of the sliders.