test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 7/18/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2019 in Release Notes
Death Rattle Chapter 2
Chapter 2 of Death Rattle is out!
  • If you have completed the first, mission, the second will be available from Ladyhawke.
  • If you have not completed the first mission, once you do complete it the second mission will be available to pick up in 24 hours.
  • Both missions are repeatable, but must be played in sequence.
  • You will be given a Magic Imbued hands aura for completing the second chapter the first time. Other variants of this aura are available in the Champion Recognition vendor.
  • Known issue: If you completed the first mission over 24 hours ago and are still unable to get the mission, try waiting 20 hours since you logged that character in today.
  • Known Issue: If you collected Pearls on a team you won't be able to enter the Lab mission door. You can correct this by redoing the mission and getting 6 Pearls yourself or completing the first mission and entering the lab to return the mission to Ladyhawke that way. This issue will be addressed next week.

Alert Week
  • The Alerts event will be running for one week.

Missions
  • Fixed a bug where Fan with a Plan could not be granted.

Vendor
  • Adjusted the pricing for auras in the Champions Recognition vendor.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• kaizerin wrote: »
    Adjusted the pricing for auras in the Champions Recognition vendor.

what does this mean? adjusted up? adjusted down? by how much? people like to see actual NUMBERS, not vagueness​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    lol, such rudeness.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Death Rattle Chapter 2
    Alert Week
    • The Alerts event will be running for one week.
    ​​

Can you address the entry level requirement for smash? Ever since you stealth buffed all the bosses by giving them cheat knocks / holds, most teams cannot even finish this simple alert, anymore (not enough dps). Maybe level 25 or 30 would be better now?
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Just did the second mission from Ladyhawke with my main. Logged in my next character, who has done the first part, and she's acting like the missions are on cooldown.

Anyone else?

*As a followup. This character had the device equipped and my others didn't. Ladyhawke isn't offering this character anything.
    Post edited by stratluver on

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I can say that the ninja stealing of pearls from other people while I'm fighting off the mobs is really starting to piss me off. I can't count how many times today that happened to me already.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    what does this mean? adjusted up? adjusted down? by how much? people like to see actual NUMBERS, not vagueness​​
    Looks like down. On the other hand, people who care can check the vendor anyway.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    The pearls in the second quest can be stolen by other players. When you get attack by the mobs and you fight back, the other players will come in and get the pearl. If there are players around, I would just spawn the mobs, jump back, they try to get the pearl, they get aggro, then get the pearl.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    stratluver wrote: »
    Just did the second mission from Ladyhawke with my main. Logged in my next character, who has done the first part, and she's acting like the missions are on cooldown.

Anyone else?

*As a followup. This character had the device equipped and my others didn't. Ladyhawke isn't offering this character anything.
    Exactly what I came here to post about. None of my alts can get either quest from her, and they've all done the first part several days ago.
    qawsada wrote: »
    The pearls in the second quest can be stolen by other players. When you get attack by the mobs and you fight back, the other players will come in and get the pearl. If there are players around, I would just spawn the mobs, jump back, they try to get the pearl, they get aggro, then get the pearl.
    People really shouldn't have to do this, though.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I do these missions in the most empty zone and haven't had a problem of other players' bad behavior, yet.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Computergaming's been up like 200 years, internet's been up like 150 and humanrace is like 2020 years old. Why haven't the gamemakers still learned the nature of man in videogames towards fellow man?...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Computergaming's been up like 200 years, internet's been up like 150 and humanrace is like 2020 years old. Why haven't the gamemakers still learned the nature of man in videogames towards fellow man?...
    In my experience your odds of running into another person is low, the mooks are easy, but also the pearls respawn, and there's more than you need. So I don't see it as a big deal.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    You will be given a Magic Imbued hands aura for completing the second chapter the first time. Other variants of this aura are available in the Champion Recognition vendor.

Please add more stuff in GCR/SCR and Nemesis vendors​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    I suspect the ninja looting of pearls is going to be a very short term thing because a lot of people running it. It's still unfortunate design, but not likely to be a big problem for long.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    327mzy.jpg
    I suspect the ninja looting of pearls is going to be a very short term thing because a lot of people running it. It's still unfortunate design, but not likely to be a big problem for long.

It's not really a bad design. It's just the peeps willing to steal that's bad. Weak pathetic unjust thieves.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    It's not really a bad design. It's just the peeps willing to steal that's bad. Weak pathetic unjust thieves.
    It's an online game. It's just a bad idea to *assume* people will be well behaved (CO players are actually pretty non-toxic, but it doesn't take very many exceptions to cause trouble).
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    While I agree that this is more of an annoyance than a problem (it's pretty easy to change zones and the area is a pretty huge area), I always think it's funny when programmers implement meta-controls instead of hard ones. By which I mean you CAN run in and swipe a pearl when someone else triggered the fight... but something else happens as a consequence. Some NPC notices you're swiping pearls instead of helping others and so you start to be treated as a villain instead of a hero in some small way. Takes a lot more work, though, and it's hard to administer a slap in that way that doesn't freak people out too much. And, of course, there's all the folks who prefer to think of their characters as villains and would go out of their way to do it.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    You will be given a Magic Imbued hands aura for completing the second chapter the first time. Other variants of this aura are available in the Champion Recognition vendor.

Please add more stuff in GCR/SCR and Nemesis vendors​​

Those vendors are old, dead, abandoned content, time to move on oAo
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Those vendors are old, dead, abandoned content, time to move on oAo
    I could say the same for the game

Then don't make such a huge fuss about "WE ARE REVIVING THE NEMESIS WITH NEW SUPER DUPER ALERT" and updating nemesis to be more powerful and making the alert part of Vigilance, saying you will add new items on Nemesis vendor on a regular base and then abandoning it after the HYPE... again

Hell, the GCR/SCR actually got Costumes removed since the Eidolon was taken down for maintenance​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Hell, the GCR/SCR actually got Costumes removed since the Eidolon was taken down for maintenance​​

lol RIPperoni. It will probably take 2 years to fix Eidolons recurring bugs.

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter