test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for a good attack for support toon

I have a support toon that I want to run through some solo content, especially the upcoming episodic missions. What is a good single target/AOE attack that does "acceptable" damage for getting by solo. I only have about two slots, so I need something that doesn't require too much set up. Theme-wise, anything that looks like a generic "energy blast" would work. Thanks for the help!

Answers

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    No support toon is going to do terribly good dps, for the simple reason that you're in support role (-20% damage), using a support form (halved damage bonus), and a support passive (usually no damage bonus), though nowadays it might be viable to take shadow manifestation as a second form and then one attack power. Can you post the rest of your build? Some effects will work better than others depending on what other powers you have.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    You can always switch to the Hybrid role if you want a dmg boost when solo, assuming you don't have energy issues then. For the attacks: I dunno what your build is, but if you are using AoPM or AoAC then you could try a more expensive setup like Defile and Epidemic. A much cheaper setup could be Infernal Blast and Condemn (w/ debuff adv). Incinerate and Conflag could also be good and pretty straight-forward to use. Force Blast is also not that bad, since it also gains a knock-immune dmg bonus, but you would have to be okay w/ its knockback on trash, and you'd prob still want to get an AoE that's outside of Force (maybe TK Burst- since it looks the part and can build up knock immunity w/ its adv). Skarn's Bane or Elec Current could also work the AoE choice (and they both have an AoE stun adv as an option). Maybe just play around w/ this stuff in the PH/PTS and see what works well for you - as they all do the basic job, but have diff properties.

(normally I'd just suggest r3 PBR and one of Muni's maintain AoEs to pair w/ it, but those are prob too outside of the theme here)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    carolinabryancarolinabryan Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thank you both for the responses. I decided to go the dual passive route and came up with this:

Prophet - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.34:32

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
    Level 1: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Arcane Vitality (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Compassion
    Level 17: Hex of Suffering (Rune of Dismay, Rune of Terror)
    Level 20: Rebirth
    Level 23: Redemption (Salvation)
    Level 26: Enchanter (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Spellcaster
    Level 32: Soul Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Star Barrage (Rank 2, Light Everlasting)
    Level 38: Conjuring
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentry: Precise (3/3)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Fortify (2/2)
    Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Devices

See any glaring weaknesses? Thanks again in advance.
  • Options
    It could work, although when solo you'll be reliant on Illum heal procs or Sent Mastery procs to trigger Compassion w/o having to manually heal yourself. Since you're using AoPM, you can still do decent dps w/ it just in the Hybrid role, but you can stick with the dual passive approach if you're committed to it and can spare the power slot.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    The dps role doesn't use compassion, the build has spellcaster for that
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Ah, I missed that, sorry. Spellcaster still won't stack quickly w/ Hex when using Soul Beam (at least w/o its adv), and scales w/ a diff stat than Compassion. I guess you can work around that, but you'd want to focus more on Int if using it and Enchanter, since you won't have AoPM boosting your stats then. Still not sure I'd take the two extra power slots and two sets of gear over just switching to Hybrid role w/ AoPM and keeping Compassion and a Pres focus, but its your choice.
  • Options
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Ah, I missed that, sorry. Spellcaster still won't stack quickly w/ Hex when using Soul Beam (at least w/o its adv), and scales w/ a diff stat than Compassion. I guess you can work around that, but you'd want to focus more on Int if using it and Enchanter, since you won't have AoPM boosting your stats then. Still not sure I'd take the two extra power slots and two sets of gear over just switching to Hybrid role w/ AoPM and keeping Compassion and a Pres focus, but its your choice.

Got it--thanks for all the feedback