test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Sort Order

Now that both options exist, we can get a real judge of which is more popular.

Character Sort Order 37 votes

Sort by creation order
78%
pantagruel01ealford1985themightyzenithjaazaniah1aesicabluhmandeadman20stratluverbringmeaslabpsychicsluglouisfrienddrn#8375wingedkagoutibughousechaosdrgnz43jennymachxtheravenforcejonesing4frankendreadzguyhumualhallsofwalls 29 votes
Sort by last played date
13%
jonsillsnbkxscornivicambassadorkael#6946mordray001 5 votes
There's an option?
8%
spinnytopmarkhawkmanzachsmind 3 votes

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Sort by creation order
    Well, at least from the (small?) subset of players that look at the forum.

I still want alphabetical as a sort option.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Sort by creation order
    It's not that creation date is an especially good sort key, it just has the virtue of being static.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Sort by creation order
    It's not that creation date is an especially good sort key, it just has the virtue of being static.

This

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Sort by creation order
    This and the fact that I made my characters base on their type (one pages would have horses, another would have dragons, dogs, etc) and their functionality (everyone in the first page are max level crafters and mules for junks and mods).
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Sort by last played date
    I stayed with the last played, I love it so much that I can have all the chars I care about on the first page, the other option is to delete 4 other 40s to fix the issue, but this is better.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • I have a small enough roster of characters that I am unaffected either way.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Sort by creation order
    Boomshakalaka
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    Sort by creation order
    I much prefer having a static list. I know where all of my 50ish characters are that way.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    There's an option?
    I use both but you didn't have an option for that. Also what is polling the forum crowd going to prove that we didn't already know about them? Forum hates last played, we've known that for months.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Sort by creation order
    This is exactly why I like it, but I agree. A better (semi) static option would be ideal--alphabetical by name, or even custom sorting, although that wouldd take additional UI work so it's unlikely to happen.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    Sort by creation order
    I got a lot of characters and I prefer an option that's static rather than one that's constantly shifting.
  • zachsmindzachsmind Posts: 2 Arc User
    There's an option?
    Last played order helps me cuz I intentionally try to pick the toon I used the least recently. I'm an altaholic anyway, and I want to give each toon its own session every few days so none of them get left behind. I was not aware we had a choice tho. I hadn't thought of it before. I don't really have a problem with how the opening screen is set up.

I'm more disappointed that after all these years, the Tailor is still as convoluted as ever. (a paragraph or two deleted) ..but I guess that's a whole other thread isn't it? Staying on topic. The opening screen is fine for me the way it is. I wish they'd spend more time elsewhere in the game for creature comforts.
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Sort by last played date
    Out of the two options we have, Last Played, works best for me, but if I could I'd rather have the capacity to selectively rearrange my toons into what I consider their groupings to be.