test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/20/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2019 in Release Notes
Circus Malvanum
  • Added Knight helmet, Regal Knight helmet, and Regal collar costumes to the event store.
  • Added Cryogenic Steam Bike to the event store.

Lockbox
  • For the next 2 weeks the Collector's Lockbox will be available.
  • Added the contents of the Corrosive Lockbox to the Collector's Store.

High Noon at Snake Gulch
  • The event vendor will stick around for 1 week and can be found in the Recognition area.

UI
  • Updated the landing page to display ongoing events instead of current alerts.
  • Fixed a bug where Zen items displayed could have overlapping text in the landing page.
  • Added a view release notes button to the landing page that open up the release notes forum section when clicked.
  • Added view release notes button to the overview window.
  • Renamed Open Calendar button to Alerts Schedule.
  • Renamed Active and Completed tabs to Active Missions and Completed Missions.
​​

Comments

• Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Circus Malvanum
    • Added Knight helmet, Regal Knight helmet, and Regal collar costumes to the event store.
    ​​
    Hot damn, more medieval stuff's one of the things I've always been wanting. And awesome designs, nonetheless. Also brings a smile so see more NPC-exclusive costumes come to us.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    We have knight armor but there are no skirt options that split in the middle at the moment, only on both sides. Could we have one of these to make knights with a mix of armor and cloth/leather clothing?

WDinhRA.jpg

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Now, if we only could get more ways to earn Glory Une....Malvanum Gears...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    barebones#2880 barebones Posts: 15 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Now, if we only could get more ways to earn Glory Une....Malvanum Gears...

they need some groups of malvans around the city to fight, because isn't the circus malvanum just a distraction so they can grab up mobs for the forum malvanum
  • Options
    Bug: flying through a ring in unison with another racer will results in "RACE FAILED!" message. Was going through the blue rings and someone landed directly over my character and we both went through at the same time, caused me to fail.
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    Since the Flashback Lockbox is returning, does it mean we'll get a new lockbox soon?
  • Options
    yes; that's why we didn't get jack shirt for costumes during week 2 of HN - their sole costume maker is busy with lockbox bits​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    327mzy.jpg

Oof! I'm late.
    I hope there will be a crossbelt harness in the CM store soon. One that actually looks good on big characters.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Did you guys really schedule the last day of forum malvanum on the first day of circus malvanum?
    oh and according to the alert schedule red winter should be starting like the day after the patriot celebrations ends, assuming Patriot Days starts on 6/27 to include Canada Day.
    Post edited by barebones#2880 on
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I see the Gear set Buff is not ready yet, propably reserved for the next new lockbox release

Circus Malvanum with no FM Alert!
    BUT WHY THO!? This certainly doesn't help with this Event's horrible reputation!
    It's basically go AFK for 10 minutes doing/watching stuff on Google chrome until the race starts
    Circus Malvanum
    Added Knight helmet, Regal Knight helmet, and Regal collar costumes to the event store.
    Added Cryogenic Steam Bike to the event store.
    LOVING THE COSTUMES, Love seeing NPC-Exlusive costumes become available for players :+1:

...Vehicles are still relevant?
    Added a view release notes button to the landing page that open up the release notes forum section when clicked.
    Added view release notes button to the overview window.
    Good Addition for the UI! :+1:
    I kinda wish we could view the Patch Notes Ingame, but i respect that this is not something easy to keep up to date with this Engine​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Did you guys really schedule the last day of forum malvanum on the first day of circus malvanum?
    oh and according to the alert schedule red winter should be starting like the day after the patriot celebrations ends, assuming Patriot Days starts on 6/27 to include Canada Day.

Yeah this is really bad. Could you please turn FM back on? As much as I hate the 20 minutes of cutscenes per run, I kinda prefer that to having to do the race an extra 4-5 times per day, per character, in order to be able to buy the stuff I want from the store.

Pretty please?

EDIT: FM returns! Thanks a lot! :+1:
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    FM should be back on, sorry about that!​​
  • Options
    kaizerin wrote: »
    FM should be back on, sorry about that!

DI MOLTO~! \o/​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Oof! I'm late.
    I hope there will be a crossbelt harness in the CM store soon. One that actually looks good on big characters.
    maybe i should start doing this

here_we_go_again.png

Cool helmets though at least. If only there was like a new mission through a time machine that made sense for it.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Yeah an actual mission would be nice.
    Post edited by ealford1985 on
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Oh no, the thing that has been the standard for years continues to be the standard D:
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Malvanum has to be the worst offender, though. It's the "Champions: AFK" event. Queue for Forum Malvanum... wait anywhere from 2-20 minutes for it to pop. Run the Circus race... wait 10 minutes for the reset (because of course the zones are all synced so you can only use one zone). The very worst case scenario is queuing for FM, having it pop in the middle of your race, deciding to exit the queue to finish the race you're almost done with, and then getting a failed race for no reason (this has been about a 1-in-5 shot for me so far). You end up literally sitting in your stupid vehicle for 20 minutes in order to complete one race.

Maybe that's the standard (it's not, for the rest of the game), but if it is, it's obviously pretty awful.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Maybe we should have pvp duels/herogames grant CM tokens. It is an arena afterall.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Malvanum has to be the worst offender, though.

Yes, the race is something I never participate in because I hate sitting around waiting for things to start. It's a lot like Cosmics in that way. Good thing we have the alert, which starts much more frequently. I guess some people actually asked for something like the race years ago though... but that means those people are the only ones obligated to participate in it.
  • Options
    Why can't we trade action figures to Toymaster for Malvanum gears?
  • Options
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Malvanum has to be the worst offender, though. It's the "Champions: AFK" event. Queue for Forum Malvanum... wait anywhere from 2-20 minutes for it to pop. Run the Circus race... wait 10 minutes for the reset (because of course the zones are all synced so you can only use one zone). The very worst case scenario is queuing for FM, having it pop in the middle of your race, deciding to exit the queue to finish the race you're almost done with, and then getting a failed race for no reason (this has been about a 1-in-5 shot for me so far). You end up literally sitting in your stupid vehicle for 20 minutes in order to complete one race.

Maybe that's the standard (it's not, for the rest of the game), but if it is, it's obviously pretty awful.
    OH GOD! When did THIS Happened?

Yes the Event is still terrible, I'm spending 8 hours going AFK and Racing but on the bright side I caught up with all the Podcasts and videogame videos i missed

and FM is still a terrible cutscene spam alert

Once again, there is a reason this event is on the bottom of the popularity​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I really don't have a problem with waiting for the race to start (it's the whole premise of the race I find at odds with the source genre). I always have something to read, whether it is some hard copy media or an online source. I never feel like I am wasting time, but I also don't feel like I am playing the game.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    on the next circus malvanum is the anyway on change the path lights from white to like flashing red and blue or something, the white light blend into the background to much especially when the sky is filled with white stars
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    And cause seizure to people?
    :#
    And how hard is it to fly thru big blue and red rings. In a 2 different tracks?...
    Do you people keep your eyes on the white and yellow lines on the roads when driving with motorvehicles???
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bigshad24bigshad24 Posts: 24 Arc User
    dist gear nerfed?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    bigshad24 wrote: »
    dist gear nerfed?
    ??? That's the opposite of Nerfed
    they got BUFFED
    you are in the wrong Patch Notes BTW​​
  • Options
    bigshad24bigshad24 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    avianos wrote: »
    bigshad24 wrote: »
    dist gear nerfed?
    ??? That's the opposite of Nerfed
    they got BUFFED
    you are in the wrong Patch Notes BTW​​

I said this before the new patch notes came out, and if I remember correctly the distinguished chest plate gave 42 defense now its only 32. Literally yesterday the defense on the chest plate was 42, now its 32. What I'm saying is that it was slightly nerfed after the buff.