test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Showdown Glitched Shooting Animation - The power goes on cooldown if you accidently click/tap it

avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
I love this Ultimate and I have been using it since the day 1 of the new Lockbox. Good Damage. Good Range. Good Animation 10/10 One of my favorite ultimates

However there are some really annoying bugs related

Animation Glitch
Using almost any power before the execution of Showdown, will cause your character instead of shooting in an endlessly looping animation where he keeps drawing his guns

The powers in my muntions builds which cause this are using Burst Shot, Two Gun Mojo, Lock and Load e.t.c
The only way to avoid this animation anomaly is to use your energy builder before using the Ultimate or else you will get stack with doing aggressive Jumping Jacks with your guns

Taping or Cancelling before full charge will force the power into instant Cooldown
This Ultimate has 2 Phases
1. You charge the power to activate it, dealing no damage
2. Once fully charged, you keep holding down the power to maintain it and unleash the devastating attack

If you accidently click the power with no intention to use it or you just want to cancel it while charging in order to block for an upcoming enemy damage, the powers goes instantly on CD, penalizing you for doing something by accident and trying to protect yourself​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    I've noticed the animation glitch with Burst Shot, but not with any other powers. I'll make a point of trying to notice if I see this issue today with other powers.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    BTW the animation may have been fixed
    but the CD on TAP still exist​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Bumped again since HIGH NOON is going on and this bug has been tormenting my recent favorite character's build and getting on my nerves. Especially since I had been using the character to farm Cosmics and Events

This instant CD bug has been messing me when
    1. The Target(s) getting out of my Cone's range and I need to reposition
    2. Having to block an AoE
    3. Being knocked by enemies while charging
    4. Trying to avoid things in general

again the ultimate goes instantly on CD for 1+ Minute just by gently tapping the

Interesting to say the 1 only time the Ultimate didn't go on CD while charging it was when it got interrupted by an enemy's CC but i don't remember what kind of CC it was

As for the animation bug, I havent' came across the Jumping Jacks animation again but other powers used before the activation of the ultimate, remove completely the weapon skins.
    For my case using Pulse Beam Riffle so it appears any other power which use different weapon type will break the animation​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I think that the biggest reason why this power has not been fixed yet is that unlike all other ultimates it's very theme sensitive so not a lot of people take it and thus few reports about this issue.

Meteor Blaze on the other hand a lot of people have reported how much it sucks :P​​
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    I think that the biggest reason why this power has not been fixed yet is that unlike all other ultimates it's very theme sensitive so not a lot of people take it and thus few reports about this issue.

It's base animation is also terrible, so even people with dual pistols won't bother taking it, leading to it getting bug reported less often.

High Noon with a small dose of Munition lite - The 3rd revamp

Please Devs can this be looked at! The whole ultimate goes wasted
    It's base animation is also terrible, so even people with dual pistols won't bother taking it, leading to it getting bug reported less often.
    OOF ​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Meteor Blaze on the other hand a lot of people have reported how much it sucks :P​​

And Metoer Blaze hasn't been changed, so I think you just made a great argument against your own argument.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Stormstrike is another one that's nice, just with a problem in that the charge time is too long to use it without getting chomped.
    [NbK]XStorm
    OH GOODY
    spinnytop wrote: »
    [
    And Metoer Blaze hasn't been changed, so I think you just made a great argument against your own argument.
    Meteor Blaze still sucks :|​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Yeah, MB is absolutely; completely useless. I agree w/above though. The animation on showdown is so absolutely retarded, that I would never consider using it, I don't care how high the dmg is. I was hoping for a side-ways, slow-mo flip like from the matrix. Instead we get this yee-haw, I'm a cowboy nonsense, too bad animations can't toggle like emanation points do.
    [NbK]XStorm
    edited June 2019
    nbkxs wrote: »
    Yeah, MB is absolutely; completely useless. I agree w/above though. The animation on showdown is so absolutely retarded, that I would never consider using it, I don't care how high the dmg is. I was hoping for a side-ways, slow-mo flip like from the matrix. Instead we get this yee-haw, I'm a cowboy nonsense, too bad animations can't toggle like emanation points do.

As someone who builds for both theme and Power's Meta Efficiency I completely understand where you are coming form.
    The Cowboy YEEHAW animation is not for everyone and after using it for too long the animation the Cowboy Novelty wore off (and none of the 4 characters who are using it is a cowboy mind you)

it sucks the Emanation points system has been abandoned and doesn't allows for further cosmetic costumization on new powers

and Meteor Blaze still sucks EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGG! Buff its damage and give it Overpowered Debuff already and inceased the CD if you have too,

The short long range Ultimate with low CD but sucky DPS also lost its Novelty​​