test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HeroCreator - A descendant of the PowerHouse

Comments

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    ^ Fan the Flames costs 3 advantage points both ingame and in herocreator. I'm really not sure what you messed up, but check for like an extra point in a travel power rank, challenge, or accelerated metabolism/etc. :pensive:

- - -

That said, the latest version is up, including the new ultimate and the missing 5th device slot (how did this go so long without ever being reported?)

Changelog
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    and the missing 5th device slot (how did this go so long without ever being reported?)]

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't have a lot of experience with end game gear and especially devices... as such I don't consider them in developing my builds. That said I did notice the missing 5th device slot last night but didn't really think much of it... probably because my 5th slot is currently, and likely near to forever, occupied with a travel device.​​
  • Options
    mordray001 wrote: »
    and the missing 5th device slot (how did this go so long without ever being reported?)]

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't have a lot of experience with end game gear and especially devices... as such I don't consider them in developing my builds. That said I did notice the missing 5th device slot last night but didn't really think much of it... probably because my 5th slot is currently, and likely near to forever, occupied with a travel device.​​
    That's what I think got me, too. It's usually either a vehicle, travel device, or teleport-to-ren-center/vip lounge/etc. Also keyboard layouts and how I have my devices bound:

[F1]F2][F3][F4] | [F5]...
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Hey aesica I found a little thing about Whirlpool when you added it in your last update, it's using the information of Meteor Blaze.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    ...ROFL. No seriously. When I think back to it, I literally copy-pasted the meteor blaze line, changed the name/stats/etc to match Whirlpool's specifications, but I don't recall doing anything with the tooltip. Copy/paste strikes again!

I'll fix it (plus this really annoying AT problem where saved ATs get messed up) sometime during the coming week when I get a chance.
  • Options
    Updated to 3.26 to fix the AT build problem (note that any AT builds created between 3.25 up until now will probably break, and there's no way to really save them. Hopefully there weren't too many.

Moar icons, moar travel powers, and other minor things.

Changelog
  • Options
    aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    Icons seem a bit broken when you use the Link URL, maybe it's just me, but it was showing several icons at once after I hit "Link"
    https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=K4560Q000000000000M000M100M200MB00MJ00A800ML00MG00MP00M400M300Ma000000000000000007000A20000000000&e=
  • Options
    Try refreshing the page with F5. It's probably using the old spritesheet and/or spritesheet data.
  • Options
    aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    Turns out my Browser was having some issues. Sorted it out.
  • Options
    mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Question regarding the images... are they supposed to look like a bad jigsaw puzzle? I'd post an image, but this would be the first time I've ever felt the need to as such I wouldn't know a good image hosting service if it bite me...

They are very scrambled looking almost as if they were a texture file that was being referenced incorrectly.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Forgot I spotted this earlier, but Surprise Attack in Avenger still has its old description, just fyi.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Question regarding the images... are they supposed to look like a bad jigsaw puzzle? I'd post an image, but this would be the first time I've ever felt the need to as such I wouldn't know a good image hosting service if it bite me...

They are very scrambled looking almost as if they were a texture file that was being referenced incorrectly.
    A few posts above yours. It sometimes happens when I upload a new icon sheet + data file and one (but not the other) is stuck in your cache. F5, or if that fails, ctrl-F5.

flowcyto wrote: »
    Forgot I spotted this earlier, but Surprise Attack in Avenger still has its old description, just fyi.
    Thanks, it should be fixed in the next update (whenever that is) :D
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Another small thing I just noticed: it seems like you can select more than one Ultimate for a build if its from a Mystic powerset (would be fun if you actually could in-game, but yeah).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Another small thing I just noticed: it seems like you can select more than one Ultimate for a build if its from a Mystic powerset (would be fun if you actually could in-game, but yeah).
    Oh ****, how has that been a thing for so long? Looks like their tier is set incorrectly at 1. Thanks for the heads up, I'll fix that shortly.

Edit: All fixed. Also added the snowball devices.
  • Options
    Well, it was Mystic-specific, and most wouldn't try to put the Ult in the first 1-2 slots, so I guess it was easier to fly under the radar. Thanks for the update, though!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Found an issue:

As you can see here I have taken Eldritch Bolts, AoED, Compassion, and then Warlock's Blades https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=156400000000000000M000MF00MA03MU00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000020000000010000000000&e=

However, in game at this point I would not be able to take Warlock's Blades since I have not taken 3 Sorcery powers, only 2. It seems the hero creator may be counting Compassion as a Sorcery power when it isn't.

Screen shot for more info:
    https://i.imgur.com/DHrO7iA.jpg​​
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Found an issue:

Screen shot for more info:
    https://i.imgur.com/DHrO7iA.jpg​​
    After doing a bit of digging around, it seems like some groupwide abilities, such as Concentration, also behave this way while others, such as Enrage and Night Warrior, count as a power from every single set in their group as expected. This might be worth filing a bug report over due to the inconsistency.
  • Options
    yet another small thing: the wording on Protector's Debilitating Challenge still mentions the old Crippling Challenge instead of 'Challenge!'.
  • Options
    ^ Thanks (super delayed response, but it's fixed)

Also, the latest version is up. Go make your grimdark edgelords, everyone :D
  • Options
    Nice! Thanks for the update w/ the latest power changes.
  • Options
    hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Something appears to have gone wrong on the tablet version of the HeroCreator. It looks like all of the icons have been shifted around:

https://imgur.com/a/jeCWxWn

Make for a nice challenge to see if you remember where the powers are though! =)

EDIT: Just checked and it works fine if you open a fresh HeroCreator, this only effects old saved builds.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I see gibberish icons even when I start with a fresh HeroCreator, along with old versions. Using current Chrome.

nvm: when I closed and restarted the browser it fixed itself.
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Hi aesica I found a couple of things that have the wrong effects/descriptions:
    -Madness Aura's Chaos! Chaos! advantage is using Shadow Eruption's Consume Fear adv description instead the one similar in Ebon Rift's Event Horizont.
    -Skarn's Bane and Plannar Fracture need to have their Bane effect updated because they are using the old description.
    -The Devoid advantage of Shadow Blast is missing information: When targets are affected by either Ebon Rift or Dimensional Collapse, and on a full charge this power applies Devoid in a AoE, (cannot remember well how much was the sphere radius of this effect, 10 or 15ft I believe)
    I'll keep an eye for any other thing that might need fixing, thanks for the update!
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    Thanks, but honestly, don't worry too much about looking for bugs this time around. This is the last time I'm going to be updating HeroCreator.

"...Wait what?"

Yeah I'm abandoning the project because honestly, I'm tired of how finicky the damned thing can be every time I try to add new powers. The code's a pretty horrible mess, not just because the original powerhouse was kind of messy, but also because I was still getting used to JavaScript when I started with it. I've since become much better with the language.

That said, I'm not abandoning the community as a whole. I'll be making something entirely new, from the ground up. The bit of extra time that will take me up front will mean a lot of saved hours each time I go to update it in the long run. Now before anybody asks this, I'll go ahead and answer it:

"But what about my saved builds!?"

Shouldn't be a problem, actually. I won't take the old one down, and also, I plan on using the same URL parameters and data encoding.

So yeah, I've been thinking about doing this for awhile, but maybe now that I've made a formal post about it, I'll motivate myself to actually do it. ;)
  • Options
    Kinda sad to hear, but I understand. As long as saved builds will be preserved then I'm content.

Thanks a bunch for the work you've done to continue building and improving on what Nullware started, regardless! You've done an excellent job with it, and best of luck w/ the new project(s) *thumbs up*
  • Options
    Will it be possible to import the old HC data into your new project?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Will it be possible to import the old HC data into your new project?
    It should be. I'll be using much of the same data and plan on handling the url query string similarly. It won't be using the quirky version updater used by powerhouse, so builds will need to be using the current herocreator data version (31) in order to not get mangled.

Or if you mean the power/archetype/stat/device etc data, then yeah. I'm not throwing all that away, that'd be silly. :)
    Kinda sad to hear, but I understand. As long as saved builds will be preserved then I'm content.

Thanks a bunch for the work you've done to continue building and improving on what Nullware started, regardless! You've done an excellent job with it, and best of luck w/ the new project(s) *thumbs up*
    Thanks, but no need to be sad. I plan on leaving the old (well, current) version up indefinitely so people can reference their old builds using that if they want. Also, I'll be structuring the new planner layout in a fairly similar manner and as mentioned above, any build URLs from data version 31 should (if all goes well!) be importable into the new planner.
  • Options
    Thanks, but no need to be sad. I plan on leaving the old (well, current) version up indefinitely so people can reference their old builds using that if they want. Also, I'll be structuring the new planner layout in a fairly similar manner and as mentioned above, any build URLs from data version 31 should (if all goes well!) be importable into the new planner.
    Sounds good to me. The current version of the HC gives us good tools to work with in the interim, so I'm not really that worried.
  • Options
    Will you be naming the new HC yourself, or maybe have a little contest to see who comes up with the best name :)
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Hey Aesica, thanks for all your hard work on HeroCreator and its replacement. Do you have any idea when the replacement will be active? Also, will you be making corrections to HC or should we just wait for the new planner? (That might be best except for major changes; no need to overwork yourself.)

If you are still updating the small stuff, I noticed while looking at the Gunslinger AT that Breakaway Shot and Parting Shot (the level 11 choices) are both listed as 60 degree cones. Parting Shot is single target, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks again for all you've done with this stuff, can't wait to try out the updated planner. :)
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Will you be naming the new HC yourself, or maybe have a little contest to see who comes up with the best name :)
    Hmm, haven't thought of it yet. Still dunno! :D
    Hey Aesica, thanks for all your hard work on HeroCreator and its replacement. Do you have any idea when the replacement will be active? Also, will you be making corrections to HC or should we just wait for the new planner? (That might be best except for major changes; no need to overwork yourself.)

If you are still updating the small stuff, I noticed while looking at the Gunslinger AT that Breakaway Shot and Parting Shot (the level 11 choices) are both listed as 60 degree cones. Parting Shot is single target, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks again for all you've done with this stuff, can't wait to try out the updated planner. :)
    No ETA as of yet, I've been working on it casually in between other projects unrelated to CO. As for corrections, yeah I'll still be doing those from time to time since the new thing will use the same data. In fact, the upcoming power changes (minus the new power) are all fine to add since it's just a matter of editing stuff without adding anything new.

• Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Gotcha. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    Hi guys! So yeah, I just flipflopped harder than Betsy DeVos on defunding the Special Olympics. Okay, maybe not THAT hard, but yeah...

Anyhow, after realizing how much reinventing of the wheel I was going to be doing, I've decided to just stick with what already works even if it is something of a mess. The way I see it, if I can render powerhouse-version.js and powerhouse-data.js obsolete, adding new stuff from that point on won't be so bad. So rather than building the thing up from scratch (I already have enough other projects FFS) I'll make it my priority to phase those two files out instead.

That said, a new version is up. It has the new power conversion thing as well as the travel powers after bubba flight and the foxbatcon devices. For now, these all use the placeholder icon. I'll add the proper icons when a proper powerset update happens and there's more icons to add. So yeah, enjoy and stuff.

Patch notes for v3.30.32
  • Options
    That sounds understandable. Thanks for the updates, regardless. (and for the 'Powderhouse', rofl. I admit that got me for a sec before I remembered today's date)
  • Options
    Hey, we appreciate you taking on this task in any shape or form. It is a GREAT service to all players who use it.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Buahahaah... somebody did a little April Fools Redecorating! :)
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Should be back to normal now. Although I didn't plan it that way, I'd say the bright colors were a nice counter to the Noir theme ingame.

Edit: For those who missed it, the april 1st theme is still up at https://aesica.net/co/beta although that's subject to change.
  • Options
    just letting you know, i noticed a slight error with the description for endorphin rush on enraged while i was building a might character for the event - it says the heal it gives scales off constitution and the amount of defiant stacks you have on you - it should be enrage stacks​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Hero Creator is not generating the back up file window when click on the backup link. It opens a blank restore window when I click on the restore link.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    just letting you know, i noticed a slight error with the description for endorphin rush on enraged while i was building a might character for the event - it says the heal it gives scales off constitution and the amount of defiant stacks you have on you - it should be enrage stacks​​
    Thanks, it'll (probably) be fixed when I next do an update
    Hero Creator is not generating the back up file window when click on the backup link. It opens a blank restore window when I click on the restore link.
    That's because I took the lazy route. You're supposed to copy the gibberish you saved to a file when you exported, paste it into that empty window, then click the "yes, replace blah blah" button.

Which reminds me I should probably change it to use proper load/save windows at some point.
  • Options
    I mean I cannot generate the back up text file to back up my 97 builds
    Go to data tab.
    Click on backup link. Nothing happens.
    I used to be able to back up all characters with one file. I cannot do that at the moment.

The export is for one character.

• Options
    Which browser does this happen on?
  • Options
    Microsoft Edge
    It worked 2 weeks ago
    Last try to back up was 4/28
  • Options
    zombiehunter1968zombiehunter1968 Posts: 94 Arc User
    Aesica, are you aware that the new Celestial ultimate is not yet on HeroCreator?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Microsoft Edge
    It worked 2 weeks ago
    Last try to back up was 4/28
    I can't reproduce it, although I am noticing some weird unrelated glitch with "null" appearing in places it shouldn't when using edge. Can you send me (via PM, not this thread) the data you're trying to restore so I can see if it somehow got glitched or not?
    Aesica, are you aware that the new Celestial ultimate is not yet on HeroCreator?
    Yeah, I've been lazy. I'll probably add it after the Nightcock event or something. :D
  • Options
    Hi so yeah, did a minor update to add the celestial ultimate and some other crapola.

Changelog
  • Options
    Hi, just a heads up that there was a glitch with unicode characters in descriptions and names, as well as the awkward - symbol in matter - energy union. This glitch was preventing data from being exported, but it's now fixed, so if you ever had an issue with your data not exporting (as in, click button and nothing happens) it's now fixed. A large swathe of characters are now stripped out prior to encoding.
  • Options
    Please add Electric Hover Disk to flight powers.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    Oops, I always forget travel powers. Next time I update it!
  • Options
    Munitions update? :-D
    JwLmWoa.png