test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weekly custom alerts - A tool to help cope with the character selection screen QoL downgrade

aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
So yeah, after missing Grab the Monkey and Run on a bunch of characters last week due to the fact the character select screen now shuffles everything up, I figured I'd throw together something to make dealing with this unpleasant change a bit more manageable.

So, introducing The Weekly Custom Alert Checklist (well, that's the name for now I guess)

unknown.png

Step 1: Enter the character names you want to track.
Step 2: Click the boxes next to alerts those characters have done for the week.
Step 3: Try not to clear your browser's local storage, because that's how the data is retained.

That's really all there is to it. Hope you guys find it useful, and let me know if anything blows up.

Todo list:
- Add method to add names in bulk This is now a thing
- Add a thingy to export/back up data
- Add the rest of the custom alert icons (anyone have them handy?)
(Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
Post edited by aesica on

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Could have just done the text file thing I said, but hey neat, that's a thing o3o​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Thanks this will be super useful!

Well, not to me since I don't run Vigilance, but I know it will help a lot for people that do now that we have the sorting algorhytmn of chaos that is called the login screen​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I've been doing this in Excel for a couple years now. I also use it to track my gcr, scr, Gs and Q on all my characters. It's almost like I was prescient that the devs were going to mess things up like this,
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Thanks for putting this together! I shared it with my SG and people are already putting it to use.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    Thank you so much Aesica for this!
  • I'd like to personally thank you for this, it really helps a lot, more than you think such a small thing can affect people quite a lot specially people with OCD and stuff like that.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Can we get one of these for teleios, and the 3x cosmic? That also tracks the reset time for them? :O
    [NbK]XStorm
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »
    Can we get one of these for teleios, and the 3x cosmic? That also tracks the reset time for them? :O
    You're actually the second person to suggest this. So maaaaaybe~ (this is not a promise!) Since I don't do cosmics personally, I don't know the ins and outs of what people would be wanting out of this exactly, so for now, I dunno.

- - -

In general, I'm glad people find it useful. I made it for myself initially, but realized there was no reason I couldn't just post it online and let anyone use it. I should probably clean parts of it up a bit.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited May 2019
    People would need to track which of their characters have done 3 cosmics, to see which characters' rewards are fully diminished. Functionally it'd be the same as what you have now, but it would only need 3 columns of check marks for each character. It could actually double as a Grab alert tracker. Same thing for TA....or is that 4?​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    nbkxs wrote: »
    You're actually the second person to suggest this. So maaaaaybe~ (this is not a promise!) Since I don't do cosmics personally, I don't know the ins and outs of what people would be wanting out of this exactly, so for now, I dunno.

- - -

In general, I'm glad people find it useful. I made it for myself initially, but realized there was no reason I couldn't just post it online and let anyone use it. I should probably clean parts of it up a bit.

I did this, I was the first person, yes me!
    spinnytop wrote: »
    People would need to track which of their characters have done 3 cosmics, to see which characters' rewards are fully diminished. Functionally it'd be the same as what you have now, but it would only need 3 columns of check marks for each character. It could actually double as a Grab alert tracker. Same thing for TA....or is that 4?

Nah. Sometimes you do 2 kigas and 1 ape and are already capped. Just a 0/3 Cosmic counter will do. The problematic part is syncing it with the server global reset.​​
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Nah. Sometimes you do 2 kigas and 1 ape and are already capped. Just a 0/3 Cosmic counter will do. The problematic part is syncing it with the server global reset.​​
    What would be easy enough to do is have a text box to input the ingame time remaining.

So anyway, how does the cap work exactly? You can only kill 3 per day before you don't get any more loot? Does TA count?
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    3x cosmic = 500/3500/2000 q + 7 gcr/10scr each. Then that char won't get anything more aside 1k q, and a bunch of mods until the reset. The reset is +20 hours after the previous reset, always and forever. TA is separate, but the rewards work identical. Destroyer's gcr/scr is the same, but he shares the +q drops w/other cosmic battles. So 1 kiga + 1 ape + 1 dino would mean if you kill destroyer, you'll only get 1k q from him.
    [NbK]XStorm
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Nah. Sometimes you do 2 kigas and 1 ape and are already capped. Just a 0/3 Cosmic counter will do.

So exactly the thing I said o3o
    aesica wrote: »
    So anyway, how does the cap work exactly? You can only kill 3 per day before you don't get any more loot? Does TA count?

Yep, mentioned that TA also has diminishing rewards. If that thing can uncheck a checkmark after 20 hours then that'd do it.​​
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Thank you for making this tool.

Might I suggest some extra features?
    - xml/json/txt/something save & load (#1 priority right now imo)
    - trackers for currency counts
    - notes section
    - last-played field/button, can have a set-to-today button to press when you play them again. Pair this with a way to sort either by login date or by creation date/static index.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

bluhman wrote: »
    Thank you for making this tool.

Might I suggest some extra features?
    - xml/json/txt/something save & load (#1 priority right now imo)
    - trackers for currency counts
    - notes section
    - last-played field/button, can have a set-to-today button to press when you play them again. Pair this with a way to sort either by login date or by creation date/static index.
    Yeah next time I open it, loading/saving is going in. None of the lame fuckery I did in herocreator either, I'll probably just make it a straight json export. (It already writes the localStorage data as json, so we're already halfway there!)

Currency trackers are also a good idea (checking who has all my [insert event coin here] at a given time is annoying.

As for sorting, well...if our current login sorting wasn't fubar, having a date created (or just custom drag/drop sorting) would be good, but for now, I figure alphabetical is probably best because it's at least useful. If I add currency tracking, being able to sort by a particular currency would also be good.

PS: I cringed when I saw XML. I've done my time there already!
    Updated to include the current week's alert icon as well as load/save capability. May even add a general notes field within the next few hours just because that's almost mindlessly easy to do.
    Hi! So yeah, updated this thing to include some customizable timers:

unknown.png

It now also auto-unselects the entire row once you check off all the boxes. Yay?
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    Meanwhile, CoH allows you to drag and drop your characters in whatever order you want them in on the Character Select screen
    ^ Infuriating, isn't it? :(