test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 4/25/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2019 in Release Notes
Nighthawk
For the next week the Nighthawk event will be running!
  • Added Cannon hands and Tech Lynx mask to the event vendor.
  • Increased the sell amount of the temporary devices that drop.

Emotes
  • Added Throw_Confetti and Throw_Petals emotes. These emotes are available to all players. The fx on these emotes have a short internal cooldown on them.

Powers

Bolas (Device Version)
  • This device must now be fully charged for its effect.

Gas Pellets (Device Version)
  • Fixed a bug where this device was using an old version of the Gas Pellets power.

Comments

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I'm gonna enjoy unlocking these
    kaizerin wrote: »

Eotes
    • Added Throw_Confetti and Throw_Petals emotes. These emotes are available to all players. The fx on these emotes have a short internal cooldown on them.

Eotes

How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    Oops.
  • Options
    ryckuotterryckuotter Posts: 2 Arc User
    Now I want an Eote and emote thanks Kaizerin :3c
  • Options
    championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
      Emotes

... You're my hero! T^T
    • Options
      itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
      Incoming clown and magician characters.
      Brou in Cryptic games.
    • Options
      chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
      Next would be Throw_money. Wait, does that already exist or is it just the money aura?
      mfZ37eB.png
      Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
      DeviantART|FurAffinity|
      Twitter
    • Options
      jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
      I'm assuming the emotes were added because of the nuptials this weekend.
      JwLmWoa.png
      Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
      Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    • Options
      lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
      jaazaniah1 wrote: »
      I'm assuming the emotes were added because of the nuptials this weekend.

That is actually really cool​​
    • Options
      ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
      > @jaazaniah1 said:
      > I'm assuming the emotes were added because of the nuptials this weekend.

——————

...what are the odds?
    • Options
      very unlikely - that ingame wedding was announced on the 22nd and the patch with those emotes went up on the PTS the next day...no way in hell can you throw together something like that in less than a day, especially with critically limited staff

unless the animations were already buried in the game's guts and just needed a good excuse to convert them into a player-usable emote​​
      #LegalizeAwoo
    • Options
      ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
      Uh huh......
    • Options
      jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
      sooooo... been waiting for the REWARDS of the DEFENDER EVENT that just happened, many players didn't receive the rewards from completing the event in the time limit that was set, through GM tickets, was told i DID qualify & that the rewards were to be handed out this week... anyone know when this will happen??
    • Options
      spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
      jeeb51 wrote: »
      sooooo... been waiting for the REWARDS of the DEFENDER EVENT that just happened, many players didn't receive the rewards from completing the event in the time limit that was set, through GM tickets, was told i DID qualify & that the rewards were to be handed out this week... anyone know when this will happen??

It'll happen this week, that's when.​​
    • Options
      duke3eyeduke3eye Posts: 22 Arc User
      Same here, ticket said would be fixed next week (this week). Appreciated the "courtesy Zen" but really want the emotes and other perks.
    • Options
      Haven't seen the emote, but if it's like the Holy Water animation then the basics were already there.
      very unlikely - that ingame wedding was announced on the 22nd and the patch with those emotes went up on the PTS the next day...no way in hell can you throw together something like that in less than a day, especially with critically limited staff

unless the animations were already buried in the game's guts and just needed a good excuse to convert them into a player-usable emote​​

JwLmWoa.png
      Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    • Options
      itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
      Brou in Cryptic games.
    • Options
      edited April 2019
      That actually looks more like the Illumination animation o3o the holy water one might have been a bit too aggressive? Like you're whipping that confetti at people. Hey wait... holy water animation could be used for whip attacks.

Okay no, it's not Illumination either, I just checked - also not holy water for sure. So I don't know where it's from​​
    • Options
      guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
      I'm having a real hard time doing these inventory based missions these days, I got 6 open inventory slots on my main toon, with all my bank, supergroup bank, and hide out bank slots full. Are we going to get anything to alleviate this any time soon? A vault that holds all the mods would be nice.
    • Options
      guyhumual wrote: »
      I'm having a real hard time doing these inventory based missions these days, I got 6 open inventory slots on my main toon, with all my bank, supergroup bank, and hide out bank slots full. Are we going to get anything to alleviate this any time soon? A vault that holds all the mods would be nice.

I should quickly add that the rewards for this mission require 4 open slots to collect, and as you can't toss your evidence you got on stone (apparently you take it with you to confront him) that's 8 slots of inventory you need free to collect the rewards
    • Options
      I should quickly add that the rewards for this mission require 4 open slots to collect, and as you can't toss your evidence you got on stone (apparently you take it with you to confront him) that's 8 slots of inventory you need free to collect the rewards

What are you carrying with you that you can't free 2 rows in one bag? o_O Are there tons of useful gadgets I'm unaware of?​​
    • Options
      flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
      edited April 2019
      Added Cannon hands

Can we finally get the Lemuria ghostpirate hand cannons?....

And major bug: Cannon Hands don't scale with Hands or Hand Length sliders. :#
      Post edited by flyingfinn on
      CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
      And playing by myself since Aug 2009
      Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
      tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
      Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      Maybe watch that show with Marie Kendo?

JwLmWoa.png
    • Options
      avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
      edited April 2019
      I'm starting to like those Tech animal mask. Tech Lynx along with Regal Lion reminds me of the masks the foretellers from Kingdom Hearts Union Cross/Back cover
      661c92493d2d52e54daa0745b0fbbfbdee135604v2_hq.jpg?w=770
      And this Prequel is still nonsense and it sucks
      I'm going to embrace another user's suggestion and say
      Suggestion: Please allow those costumes to be available WITHOUT the mouth part, in the style of the masks showed above

Nighthawk
      Added Cannon hands and Tech Lynx mask to the event vendor.

BUG: Cannon
      1. Hand Length and Hands sliders don't affect the costume[/color]
      2. Fisticuffs Aura doesn't affect the costume

This is Working as Intended and its not a bug​​
      Post edited by avianos on
      POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    • Options
      spinnytop wrote: »

What are you carrying with you that you can't free 2 rows in one bag? o_O Are there tons of useful gadgets I'm unaware of?​​

Very little of what I've got in my inventory is useful, I got about two bags worth of mods, I got a bunch of bind on pick up devices like snow balls, fish, the sword, ping pong gun, cowboyification ray gun, etc, and I've got loot boxes, junk from events, stars, recovery devices, become devices, all kinds of junk I can't sell, got no room in my personal bank vault to store, but can't quite bring myself to toss away. The Devs said they'd look into doing something about this when they introduced the double attribute mod and I took them at their word. I'm guess there's going to be a triple attribute mod before they increase the number of bank slots to store the stuff they keep adding to the game.
    • Options
      edited April 2019
      Ah, so the actual problem is that you're a hoarder. Do you have a Hideout?​​
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
      If it's not bound you can mail it to yourself...
      ChampsWiki
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My characters
    • Options
      pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
      but can't quite bring myself to toss away.
      While CO could use a more efficient way of throwing out crap, the solution to full inventories is throwing out crap.
    • Options
      or just keep buying shared bank slots, since whatever limit may exist is apparently (currently) extremely high​​
      #LegalizeAwoo
    • Options
      Ah, so the actual problem is that you're a hoarder. Do you have a Hideout?​​

I got 161 characters, my hideout vault ran out of room a while back with nemesis gear, special mods, reward packs, collector store vouchers, vehicles, catalysts, purple secondary gear, devices, and whatever else might be account bound or might be useful at some point for a character at some point.
    • Options
      If it's not bound you can mail it to yourself...

I use the mail quite a bit, especially for the event stuff at the AH, I got about 40 robots AF in the mail for example for when High Noon comes round again, or AF parts for the Christmas event.
    • Options
      While CO could use a more efficient way of throwing out crap, the solution to full inventories is throwing out crap.

They don't have an options to discard things instead of picking them up so it seems to me that CO's intent is for you to collect everything. It's not my fault I pick everything up, I'm Canadian, it's how I was raised.
    • Options
      edited April 2019
      or just keep buying shared bank slots, since whatever limit may exist is apparently (currently) extremely high​​

Yeah, use zen (real money) to fix a problem they created? I have bought the 20 bank slot a bunch of times though.
    • Options
      edited April 2019
      Yeah, use zen (real money) to fix a problem they created? I have bought the 20 bank slot a bunch of times though.

They didn't create this problem anymore than newspaper companies created the problem of that one guy on Hoarders having a skyscraper of stacked newspapers that took up 90% of his living room u3u

And if you don't want to use zen (real money) to fix your problem, then just use zen (farmed questionite) to fix your problem.​​
    • Options

They didn't create this problem anymore than newspaper companies created the problem of that one guy on Hoarders having a skyscraper of stacked newspapers that took up 90% of his living room u3u

And if you don't want to use zen (real money) to fix your problem, then just use zen (farmed questionite) to fix your problem.​​

I can choose not to subscribe to news papers, if I throw away my old news papers the news paper publisher doesn't leave more news papers at my front door.
    • Options

I can choose not to subscribe to news papers, if I throw away my old news papers the news paper publisher doesn't leave more news papers at my front door.

As for my questionite, that's currently lost on one of my characters and I'm not sure which thanks to the character "quality of life" selection screen update
    • Options
      shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
      I don't think the reason is due to the QoL honestly, it's just based off not remembering which one. I advise making a list of all toons then crossing out which ones don't have it.
      || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    • Options
      chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
      Oh, forgot to post this.

2zr7nh.jpg
      mfZ37eB.png
      Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
      DeviantART|FurAffinity|
      Twitter
    • Options
      I use an Excel Spreadsheet to track important data like this ;)
      I don't think the reason is due to the QoL honestly, it's just based off not remembering which one. I advise making a list of all toons then crossing out which ones don't have it.

JwLmWoa.png
    • Options
      As for my questionite, that's currently lost on one of my characters and I'm not sure which thanks to the character "quality of life" selection screen update
      The sorting change doesn't actually make this harder -- what you do is pick the character furthest back that you think might have it. Choose that one. If it doesn't have it, scroll to the same location in your character selection screen and choose that one. Repeat until you either find it or your target character reappears in that space.

This is easiest if you have only one page to go through.
    • Options
      daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User

They don't have an options to discard things instead of picking them up so it seems to me that CO's intent is for you to collect everything. It's not my fault I pick everything up, I'm Canadian, it's how I was raised.

You pick it up; you fence it. If it can't be fenced, you either try to sell it at the Auction House or you just drag it off your inventory to discard. Or you use it. You really don't need that many snowballs.
    • Options
      daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
      Devs, please revert the character sort!
    • Options
      The sorting change doesn't actually make this harder -- what you do is pick the character furthest back that you think might have it. Choose that one. If it doesn't have it, scroll to the same location in your character selection screen and choose that one. Repeat until you either find it or your target character reappears in that space.

This is easiest if you have only one page to go through.

No it does though, I mean I got 13 pages of characters, and while it's unlikely to be further back than the 3rd page now, the longer I search the more I'm going to need to search for characters that would normally be on the first page. If my characters weren't currently shifting all the time all I'd need to do is remember what pages I searched and the order of my other characters would get messed up.
    • Options
      kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
      You can always look at the character in the last slot on the last page until you log in with the one that has the thing you want.
    • Options
      edited April 2019

You can also choose to throw away stuff that's not useful and just taking up space. You're choosing not to, just like Hoarder guy chose not to throw away his newspapers.

Also if you have 13 pages of characters, you really should have a text file or something where you write down where you're keeping what. It takes like 10 seconds to write that down in a text file, but I imagine it could take an hour or more to search through all those characters.

Interestingly enough, Hoarders on the show also commonly have this thing where their house is a total mess, but "I know where everything is". It seems really fun to just go in there and move the entire mess around randomly and then watch them freak out as their mess becomes a mess in their eyes as well!​​
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
      Actually, they usually THINK they know more than they do. They can find stuff they use often, but not the stuff tucked in dark corners out of sight.
      ChampsWiki
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My characters
    • Options

You can also choose to throw away stuff that's not useful and just taking up space. You're choosing not to, just like Hoarder guy chose not to throw away his newspapers.
      Or I'm like a guy that was managing to organize and look after all the stuff until even more stuff was dumped into the game, If it wasn't for mods I'd have like 90% of my bank accounts free and a full bag and a half free on my main character.
      Also if you have 13 pages of characters, you really should have a text file or something where you write down where you're keeping what. It takes like 10 seconds to write that down in a text file, but I imagine it could take an hour or more to search through all those characters.
      Or maybe a game that adds all this stuff to the game should increase the amount of storage we have access to as that hasn't increased since launch.

• Options
      Or I'm like a guy that was managing to organize and look after all the stuff until even more stuff was dumped into the game, If it wasn't for mods I'd have like 90% of my bank accounts free and a full bag and a half free on my main character.

"You think you have it bad in your mmo? In champions online we get too many rewards!" - stuff I say in other MMOs to confuse people.​​
    • Options
      The problem isn't the rewards, it's the lack of space to store them.
    • Options
      No, the piles of crap are the problem.
    • Options
      No, the piles of crap are the problem.

I don't hate the new mods, what I hate is the amount of space it's eaten up