test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 1/24/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,085 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2019 in Release Notes
Nightmare Invasion Event
For the next week the Nightmare Invasion event will be running!
  • Added Helmet Ribbon, Hangings Chains, Thorn Horns and Spiral Horns costumes to the event vendor.
  • Added Roar costume transformation to the event vendor.
  • Added 'no skin' version materials to the Bone Spikes costumes.
  • Removed the Action Figure store from the vendor.
  • Nightmare Event action figures can now drop from event enemies.
  • Millennium City's zone cap has been lowered for the event.
  • Known issue: Perks for the Nightmare Invasion are not displaying in the events section properly. They are visible under All currently.

Questionite
  • Added Supernatural Transformation costume transformation (+Werewolf emote) to the Questionite store.

Misc
  • Updated how many open missions grant the default (potions, stars, etc) rewards. They now drop Equipment Kits that can contain these items as well as random gear drops.
  • Fixed a bug where many reward Box items didn't display their max stack count.
  • Stars purchased from vendors will now automatically be consumed.
  • If purchasing from a general vendor, if you are at max stars you will not be able to purchase any.
  • Stars from drops can now be sold to vendors.
  • Stars from drops now have a stack cap of 20 (from 999).
  • Made some changes to the Rocker bracers to address coloring the front and back side.
​​

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Is that issue for Rocker Bracers same for foot accessory, because I believe they both have same issue
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Sigh! According to today's News (https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11076883-an-invasion-of-nightmares! )the Nigthmare event runs:

"The Nightmare Invasion is a new event for Champions Online! The event will run Friday, June 1st, 8 am PT to Thursday, June 14th, 8 am PT."

Proofread!

Too bad that the stars still don't stack to 999. I don't think any players wanted to see that go away.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Sigh! According to today's News (https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11076883-an-invasion-of-nightmares! )the Nigthmare event runs:

"The Nightmare Invasion is a new event for Champions Online! The event will run Friday, June 1st, 8 am PT to Thursday, June 14th, 8 am PT."

Proofread!

Too bad that the stars still don't stack to 999. I don't think any players wanted to see that go away.

Especially when you consider that this particular date time frame is for 2018 and not 2019.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Having typos in CO isn't a big deal, just ask Max Plankc.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    It's just that getting dates wrong initially is not uncommon for CO, and it really doesn't need to be. They should be able to check a web page before it goes live.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Do we lose our stars or did our 999 stacks split into 50 stacks of 20?
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    You kept your current stacks. Ongoing will be stacks of 20. With that said, I got a new star from the new equipment award drop and I have no idea where it went.

• casualslackscasualslacks Posts: 17 Arc User
    Is the event running for one week or two?
    World Class Chump
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    The Rocker Foot Accessories still have the same problem, at least on the right side
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I am very much against these changes to stars. I don't see anything positive in them, and the explanation given for them doesn't make any sense at all. The changes do exactly the opposite of what they are meant to do.
    Checked and rocker foot accessories are not included in fix
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    I can't receive rewards in Cosmics because of star bug. o3o
    Was it intended to keep us from taking new stars while we have a stack of old ones? Because that's what's happening.

Just wanted to update the stars problem. Another player figured out that if you put your old stack of stars in the device tray then you can accept new ones and other rewards that were being blocked.

• monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    stratluver wrote: »
    Just wanted to update the stars problem. Another player figured out that if you put your old stack of stars in the device tray then you can accept new ones and other rewards that were being blocked.

I moved back the stars to bag from device tray and my bag is filled with 20/20 stars. WTF!!! O3O
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    • Stars from drops now have a stack cap of 20 (from 999).
    ​​
    Seriously, why? I don't understand the point of anti-QoL changes like this.

The star system especially is pretty stupid. Just delete it and you'd be making the game better overall.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Looks like people spent plenty of time complaining about the stars change but nobody actually spent anytime testing it u3u​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Looks like people spent plenty of time complaining about the stars change but nobody actually spent anytime testing it u3u​​
    It's the kind of thing that would've gone through no matter what people said. I mean really, who ever asked, "Hey, I really wish stars only stacked to 20 instead of 999!"
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    monaahiru wrote: »
    stratluver wrote: »

I moved back the stars to bag from device tray and my bag is filled with 20/20 stars. WTF!!! O3O

Huh. I was able to manually drag it in and out without a problem. Did you double click it in and drag it out?

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Reposting this because lol all these bug complaints from a feature change nobody asked for

I_WANT_MY_DAMN_SLIDERS.png
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

aesica wrote: »
    It's the kind of thing that would've gone through no matter what people said. I mean really, who ever asked, "Hey, I really wish stars only stacked to 20 instead of 999!"

I didn't say that people needed to say more, I said that people didn't test it. Important difference.​​
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    well bad change about the stars stack.
    I never build up stars really so not effected by the issue, even so you can sell the ones you don't use. But have found this game is played by hoarders worse than any i have seen on a TV show.

Why thank you ... thankyouverymuch.​​

warcanch wrote: »
    I never build up stars really so not effected by the issue, even so you can sell the ones you don't use. But have found this game is played by hoarders worse than any i have seen on a TV show.

Why thank you ... thankyouverymuch.

Hay no problem nothing wrong with it, but they seem to take it upon them selves to police every aspect of the game so it becomes a job and not fun.

Oh really? That's not me. I hoard. Occasionally I sell or give away. I don't police. I can't comment on those that do police.​​

CO Devs: *alters the fundamental method by which items are crafted and equipment is classified invalidating a massive portion of the game's library of items and descriptions in favor of generic-description objects, which has caused a bunch of now inaccessible/unique power unlocks and costume unlocks to become incredibly valuable*

CO Devs: *base the business strategy of their game around pay-to-unlock boxes that, regardless of outcome, proceed to dump 2-3 separate items on you for each box opened. Use this strategy for the better half of the past decade.*

CO Devs: *creates a hidden vendor that accepts rocks that are dropped randomly throughout all different events*

CO Devs: *alters winter event so that Stockings now no longer drop tokens that are used to unlock special items. Also, toy boxes that start mini-quests that require you to gather three individual items to complete from these boxes that have malicious RNG that will generate cool combinations that include literally everything but the legs you need for Grond, or the torso of Kinetik.*

CO Devs: *also alters winter event in a way so that a ton of the prior drops used, such as Snow Globes, Pens, Socks, ETC are now ambiguous as to if they're used by anything else*

CO Devs: *creates dual-stat mods, each of which are their own individual stack. Say they will create a mod storage section of inventory, but then never do.*

CO Devs: *proceeds to define an even larger library of various items and unlocks that end up being Bind on Equip so that you'll never know when you'll get that perfect character where that graceful bow emote will make the most sense, or Can't Be Sold so that in order to get rid of this item you need to wait around in the Trade chat channel or post your crap to the Auction House for a fee in order to actually get anything for this stupid item in your inventory.*

CO Devs, present day: *redefines the max stack size of an item that (personally) was being used consistently anyway from 999 to 20, because apparently we're hoarding these things in a single inventory slot and we don't deserve that.*
    Updated how many open missions grant the default (potions, stars, etc) rewards. They now drop Equipment Kits that can contain these items as well as random gear drops.

CO Devs, also present day: *makes equipment boxes dump 3 items, or three separate inventory-slot-occupying stacks on you at once, instead of just 1*

yup totally our fault that we're hoarders. Gosh geez, this Level 11 Sword I got from a really low level mission in canada, that'll never be valuable or useful to anyone in the future. Whoops, I was wrong, better keep an eye on these ROCKS that have no visible usage! Gotta make sure I keep an unbound unused top hat unlock on hand in case I want to visit any haunted teddy bears at any point.

Totally our fault as players, not a result of poor decisions or bad game design by devs at all.

• waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    There is more negativity about the stars change than positivity, i hope they will revert that
    edited January 2019
    Everyone else:

Me: What happened to "stars don't matter"? u3u​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I can understand the logic of "We don't want giant piles building up forever", but it seems like it could have been dealt with by just adjusting drop tables.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    even so you can sell the ones you don't use

For 57L per star, so a full stack of 999 stars will get you about 5.7G. Or 11.4N per full stack for the new stacks cap. That is not useful at all, the only things that does is give you a way to get rid of them besides discarding.
    I can understand the logic of "We don't want giant piles building up forever", but it seems like it could have been dealt with by just adjusting drop tables.

Yeah, exactly. At the time of the change going into action I had around 250 stars on my main. I was using those things, you know, because dying happens pretty frequently at cosmics.

If they wanted it to just be a case of preventing buildup, all they needed was to just have the 'automatically use them when you pick them up' feature and leave it at that. Not this arbitrary 999->20 change that's clearly causing a lot more issues than it's solving.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Can we have 'Stack to 20' for all the rest of 'Stack to 10' dodoos.
    :#
    *sits in the corner and waits for All Dem Mods That Stack To 250, change to Stack To 50*.
    :#:#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2019
    Just remember for all those elitist this is inventory management end game...inventory management is content
    Just remember for all those elitist this is inventory management end game...inventory management is content

Here you can stare at this and grind your teeth thinking about "elitists"
    P1O9zUG.jpg​​
    Naw, your a filthy casual in the inventory game. Get gud, Spinny.
    Not really how that works
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

Here you can stare at this and grind your teeth thinking about "elitists"
    P1O9zUG.jpg​​

you know spinny, despite the fact that you may be okay with it, doesnt invalidate everyone elses opinion on the matter. Maybe learn to see what the majority of the base's gripe is over instead of being Biased O 3 O Insert passive aggressive emoji here*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited January 2019
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    you know spinny, despite the fact that you may be okay with it, doesnt invalidate everyone elses opinion on the matter. Maybe learn to see what the majority of the base's gripe is over instead of being Biased O 3 O Insert passive aggressive emoji here*

But I don't like the change, I made that very clear in this thread https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1212706/stars-lets-talk-about-that-change
    weird that you thought that picture communicated me liking the change, it's just a pic of my bank with stars in it. I guess sometimes we see what we want to see o3o hell I was on the PTS forums saying the change was dumb probably before you even knew about it O3O​​
  • frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    Every time I come back to this game, all I see is less reason to play
    Long standing graphic bugs not even attempted to be fixed,
    Changes to QoL that now makes things difficult for long time and recent players
    Removal of features that were part of the original MMO package and reason why people bought the game/subs/LTS
    Huge increase in gambling boxes, which are now starting to be outlawed in various countries
    A active campaign against alts cause the dev in question does not like the idea of them, even though that was another original selling point of the game
    Ever decreasing player base
    Over expensive items locked behind tickets that can only be gotten from high prices from the AH or the gambling boxes
    Even though I been playing a long time, I think are moving in the wrong direction... a shame as this game had POTENTIAL!!
    A active campaign against alts cause the dev in question does not like the idea of them

f58908fbc9096bb4bb995de242433bf5.gif​​
  • spinnytop wrote: »
    A active campaign against alts cause the dev in question does not like the idea of them

f58908fbc9096bb4bb995de242433bf5.gif​​

I think Frank is confused on this point. You see.. this is a business... and as a business, they must make money. A good business makes smart decisions about how they obtain paying customers. One way to do this is to ask yourself, "what is it people want" and figure out how to charge them for it. As in, the fact that people like to make alts is *THE REASON* to charge them for making alts.

Similarly, they want us to make more costumes and pay them for it. They produce more and more costume content that we pay for if we want to use it. They know that the costume creator is probably the best thing in this game relative to the competition, so they figure out a way to best turn that into a cash business.

I find an awful lot of gamers are very confused about how the world works and seem to think that companies should give everything away for free. But the reality is actually the exact opposite. The fact that you want something that is behind a pay wall actually means the dev's have done their job.

edited March 2019
    It's also just silly to say Kaizerin hates alts. Not only because there's no evidence to support that claim, but because Kaizerin has been playing this game for years and possibly has more alts than Frank.

Also to add to what you said shred, each additional toon someone has is another source of refining questionite each day, which can be converted to cash shop currency. It makes sense that they shouldn't just give the ability to make more and more free money away. Also, it means every time someone buys another slot it's an opportunity to effectively make that money back, or at least part of it.​​
    And then give that money to another game.