test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Thread: Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2019 in PTS - The Archive
Use this thread to discuss any other changes made in this current PTS cycle.

FC.31.20190108.1

Misc
  • Stars purchased from vendors will now automatically be consumed.
  • Stars from drops can now be sold to vendors.
  • Stars from drops now have a stack cap of 20 (from 999).
  • Vikorin now has chance to drop the Vikorin's Headdress device.
  • Fixed a bug with the Winter Helper device stating it summons a wildly overlevel Winter Helper. Updated the Winter Helper to act as a Sidekick.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ghost Pirate Captain action figure icon was way too big.

FC.31.20190108.4

Misc
  • Added a conversion store to the Fixer vendor that will give players who owned the old versions of the Rainbow, Null and Shadow kittens the newer versions.
  • Made some changes to the Rocker bracers to address coloring the front and back side.
  • Added random loadscreens.
  • Kigatilik is no longer festive.

Questionite
  • Added Supernatural Transformation costume transformation (+Werewolf emote) to the Questionite store.

FC.31.20190108.8

Performance
  • Increased game stability for systems with large amounts of ram.

Misc
  • Added wing animation to Supernatural costume transform.
  • Updated Cosmic rewards to drop a Cosmic Equipment Kit similar to the Equipment Kits on live. This is replacing the default cosmic rewards (stars, catalysts).

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc

Why?​​
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    I have one question
    does the tons of stars someone may have result in a overflow of inventory since cap is decreased considerably?​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • The changes to stars were not needed and I will now have to either delete all my stars or literally make a whole sg bank for it.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    The changes to stars were not needed and I will now have to either delete all my stars or literally make a whole sg bank for it.

or sell them to a vendor

• poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I use stars on cosmics, constantly wiping from the tank messing up or cc or something (Which is fine everyone messes up) but the point is death happens a lot there. anyway been told that existing stacks still are stacked and wont explode in my inventory all of a sudden so that's nice.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    Like most consumable devices, we want to encourage using these items instead of just letting them stack indefinitely.​​
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    How much will the stars vendor for?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    The changes to stars were not needed and I will now have to either delete all my stars or literally make a whole sg bank for it.

Actually no.

Any stars you currently have stacked remain stacked on PTS, so it seems that the game will not retroactively unstack your stars.
    Also as beeze pointed out, you can just vendor them.
    Also, we all joke about how useless stars are, so why does anyone care about this change? Just vendor your stars and forget about it.​​
    people are actually making a big deal about this

jesus guys i was kidding

don't get riled up over nothing

​​
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 670 Arc User
    I like my large pool of starts so I do not have to go to vender or VIP room for star refills. will the 20 limit result in Inventory filling up. Will start be bound to character or account?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Vikorin now has chance to drop the Vikorin's Headdress device.
    so you are telling me all this time Vikorin didnt drop the device on live?
    dca.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    While you are tinkering with the number of stars we can pack around conveniently, could you fix it so that when you die with 5 stars (15% buff), you only lose one star, not 2 (which is currently the case, except when for whatever reason, you lose no stars at all).

Also, could you level out the formula so each star grants 3% (as it used to be, if memory serves). Now, 4 stars gives 10%, and 5 stars 15%. I assume there is a formula responsible for both the star loss rate and the lopsided star bonuses, and it would be nice if they were WYSIWYG
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Hoarding is a feature, it’s part of the game. Inventory Maintenance Online
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Hmm, less stacking in your inventory, guess this is just one more thing we as players have to stay on top of, Are we ever going to get a bank/inventory/vault expansion to handle all the crap you throw at us now?
    edited January 2019
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Hmm, less stacking in your inventory, guess this is just one more thing we as players have to stay on top of, Are we ever going to get a bank/inventory/vault expansion to handle all the crap you throw at us now?

No, but you have a vendor that can help you with this issue.
    [*] Stars from drops can now be sold to vendors.
    ​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Not mentioned in the notes, The Nightmare Invansion vendor is in PTS right now without the event being active nor having anything new in the shop

However, debugger has this
    hY6m87E.png
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    But, when they introduce that STAR sidekick device that requires 100 stacks of 999 stars AFTER I've sold mine off, I'll have to throw all of my rocks at them.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Not mentioned in the notes, The Nightmare Invansion vendor is in PTS right now without the event being active nor having anything new in the shop

However, debugger has this
    hY6m87E.png

UGH! Enough with the cats! Creepy hunting lost its flare long ago. Anyway, it here's a minor suggestion...

Suggestion
    Make the Full Star buff relevant.

Because honestly, I don't see a noticeable difference between no star and full star. If a full star gave a huge buff, then peeps wouldn't mind hoarding these stars.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    guyhumual wrote: »

No, but you have a vendor that can help you with this issue.

Right, so as I said: "one more thing as players we have to stay on top of"
    Just got to check my inventory every day before playing the game to make sure I don't have a stack of 20 stars so no new slots are filled with more garbage stars. As Ealford1985 said:
    Hoarding is a feature, it’s part of the game. Inventory Maintenance Online
  • iamdubhglassiamdubhglass Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is it really profitable making inventory management more annoying?
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    According to devs it’s part of the game, inventory management
    Is it really profitable making inventory management more annoying?

This wasn't done for profit. Not all changes to the game are done with profit in mind. In fact, the vast majority of them aren't. In this specific case, money isn't even involved. Nobody is buying stars with zen.​​
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Like most consumable devices, we want to encourage using these items instead of just letting them stack indefinitely.​​

How are you encouraging using star drops then? I use them when ever I am missing a star and still have well over 2000 of them saved. So now a stack of stars saved from years of cosmics fights are worth 5g, yay? That is not a good encouragement to use anything at all, in any way or form.

Exactly the fact you can have a large stack of them makes it an easy "I'll just use them when ever I can" item. With small stack sizes I'd start being more careful about when to use one. So this change will do exactly the opposite of what it claims to want to achieve.
    Post edited by aiqa on
    edited January 2019
    aiqa wrote: »
    With small stack sizes I'd start being more careful about when to use one.

I wouldn't but that's because stars don't matter. Even right now on characters that only have 20 or less I pop them like candy cause... well who cares? It doesn't really matter if I have 5 or 0.

If they really want us to care about when we use our stars, they would need to buff their effect. Then I might be like "Okay, I'm not gonna use em for clearing trash, I'll save em for the boss". OR even add a temporary buff that you get when you use a star, in addition to the star thing. NOW I suddenly might care about stars depending on what that buff is.

As is, all this change is gonna do is make me have slightly more resources. I'm not gonna actually spend more time thinking about Stars.

Like most consumable devices, we want to encourage using these items instead of just letting them stack indefinitely.

Did you word this poorly? Cause I mean... like Lyn points out, people use stars right now. I use them whenever I'm down even one star cause well why not. They don't stack indefinitely because I'm not using them, they stack indefinitely because I get them more than I get defeated. If you want me to use them more than I use them right now you either have to make the game harder so I get defeated more often, or give me a reason to use them when I have full stars.​​
    edited January 2019
    You can spend the time walking to the vendor to sell stars better on killing 2 random level 40 mobs, that will give you far more. Either way, this isn't going to do anything positive at all. At best it's a waste of everyone's time (devs to actually make the change, everyone else's to post about it), and worst a functional downgrade.
    You can spend the time walking to the vendor to sell stars better on killing 2 random level 40 mobs, that will give you far more.

But I already spend time standing around in rencen near the vendor anyway. I'll just do it then u3u​​
    edited January 2019
    You can spend the time walking to the vendor to sell stars better on killing 2 random level 40 mobs, that will give you far more.

But I already spend time standing around in rencen near the vendor anyway. I'll just do it then u3u​​

Suggestion: add two random level 40 mobs in rencen.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The basic problem with stars as a consumable is that the rate of using stars is hard-limited by how often you die. You can choose to use stars less often than that, but there's no benefit to using them faster.

I'd actually be tempted to suggest removing stars as a consumable totally, and make them auto-open reward boxes -- if something would drop 1 star, it instead automatically grants a star when you collect your reward, if something would drop 3 stars it instead automatically restores your stars.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    After I get a lvl 40 geared I usually end up with 4 of 5 bags nearly empty. If this change takes affect I'll end up with a couple bags full of stacks of 20 stars. So, the change won't really affect my behavior at all.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Misc

​​

Well this is not good about that, they will take more space in the inventory, the way that they are now are better.
    Post edited by waybig#9760 on
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Hmm, unless Stars are made into: Unique Items which stack to 20...I can't see this change being anything more than a complete and utter pain in the rear.

Making them Unique Items which stack to 20 would mean that unless I use my 20, I could not obtain any more stars from drops...right?
    I don't think that you can make unique stacking items. In any case, the reason star drops build up is because of 3 stars per Cosmic, and lots of people have fewer than 3 deaths per Cosmic, so just deleting the 3 star drop and replacing it with an automatic star restoration would probably solve the problem.
    edited January 2019

FC.31.20190108.8
    ​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
    Performance
    Increased game stability for systems with large amounts of ram.

Well that's exciting. Not sure how I would test that tho...​​
    Performance
    Increased game stability for systems with large amounts of ram.

Well that's exciting. Not sure how I would test that tho...​​
    I assume 'large amounts' means 'game wants to use more than about 1.3GB'.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    well some of us have over 30 gigs so maybe this will stop the disconnect and memory issues i keep running into, or might get worse.
    edited January 2019
    The memory thing is making the executable large address aware.
    LAA is "app can handle >2GB address space"
    Game-Client-exe-LAA.png

"Large amounts of RAM" just means CO can now use up to 4GB RAM+VRAM in stead of being limited to 2GB. Of course 4GB isn't really that huge these days, so it's more "improved stability for any modern configurations" than "large amounts" like >16GB RAM and >8GB VRAM.
    If that works out it should be a huge step forward in stability, since almost al CO's crashes are due to CO running out of memory.

This would be difficult to really test on PTS, since memory limits are only really obvious when there are lots of other players using all sorts of costume pieces, using many different powers fightning lots of enemies, etc, etc. It's to bad it wasn't pushed to live last week, since CO runs out of memory during the nightmare (and snake gulch) event very fast. So this week on live would have been a great test.

If we really want to see if this works out the event could be extended a week. :3
    Post edited by aiqa on
    If that works out it should be a huge step forward in stability, since almost al CO's crashes are due to CO running out of memory.
    Given that the game almost instantly gets up to 2/3 of where it normally crashes, even if memory leaks are linear in time, which they probably aren't, doubling accessible space should roughly quadruple time to crash.
    edited January 2019
    Misc
    Updated Cosmic rewards to drop a Cosmic Equipment Kit similar to the Equipment Kits on live. This is replacing the default cosmic rewards (stars, catalysts).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE

Make the Cosmic Equipment Kits only drop Single Stat mods. The event Equipment Kits are dropping Dual Stat mods AND Vehicle Mods. Do not nerf Cosmic Rewards by adding those into the pool.​​
    the cosmic kits don't drop mods. Mod rewards are specific to the cosmic.​​
    Ok. Phew. Turn off the Doomsday alarm peeps​​
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    I think it's still on from Starmageddon.
    edited January 2019
    When you accidentally remove your 999 Star Stack from your device tray inventory be like
    ​​
    lezard21 wrote: »
    When you accidentally remove your 999 Star Stack from your device tray inventory be like

Mine just stays as a big stack u3u​​
    I haven't seen a star explosion, despite moving some star stacks around. Need more precise instructions to replicate (I might copy a character to pts and poke at it).
    Put a 20+ stack on your device tray. Switch to a build that doesn't have star on device tray​​
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Put a 20+ stack on your device tray. Switch to a build that doesn't have star on device tray​​
    Have done that. Did not get explosion.
    Try having an old 20+ stack in tray and some new stars on inventory when switching build​​
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    Just revert the stars change, that change don't make any sense.
This discussion has been closed.