test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Martial DPS...

mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
Hello,

So I finally came up with a concept (partially had to sacrifice it...) and costume I could enjoy and ended up making a Martial Arts DPSer... maybe.

I keep forgetting to add in my talents (as I can't remember which ones I have and can't get into the game at the moment), but most of them are currently focused on securing energy for this build via rec/end stacking.

Any suggestions, especially regarding talents and gearing, on how to improve this build once she hits 40 would be appreciated.

Martial Concept... Melee Damage
v3.26:30

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Protector (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8)
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers
Level 1: Vicious Strikes
Level 1: Thundering Kicks (Floating Lotus Blossom)
Level 6: One Hundred Hands (Rank 2, Demolishing Strikes, Ghostly Strikes)
Level 8: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Smoke Bomb Lunge
Level 14: Form of the Master
Level 17: Antagonize (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
Level 23: Steadfast
Level 26: Burning Chi Fist (Rank 2, Shattering Strike, Ghostly Strikes)
Level 29: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
Level 32: Masterful Dodge
Level 35: Smoke Bomb
Level 38: Devastating Strike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Swinging (Rank 2, Flippin')
Level 35: Athletics

Specializations
Strength: Swole (2/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
Strength: Overpower (2/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Brawler: The Glory of Battle (3/3)
Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
Brawler: Finishing Blow (3/3)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    That's a good build right there
    Also just stack Dex and Con (Dexterity for primary and Constitution for secondary) and you will be good to go
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Yea, the build is pretty nice overall. For talents, just focus on the 3 SSs, and get some stuff w/ Rec to boost your equilibrium a bit. I may also get Flanking instead of maxing out Glory of Battle in Brawler.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • What you have is already a pretty complete build.

I think you might find having thundering kicks, 100 hands, and Dragon Kick redundant since these essentially are all Cone AoE attacks. True they each give you some other benefits, but you might want to pick up another power that's a greater benefit... perhaps an Active Offense, a self rez, or a second passive. If so, I'd probably drop whichever of those Cone AoE's you don't use.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with flippin' in swinging unless you go all out on dodge because it doesn't really add that much. If you do go all out on dodge then I'd recommend putting thundering kicks at full rank 3, parry with adv instead of antagonize for your block, and either dex or con primary stat to pick up the +dodge spec based on your dex.

edited December 2018
    Dragon Kick is a pbAoE now- prob the best for AoE here, since its pbAoE. 100Hands is mostly for debuffing (could be replaced by something like Elbow Slam w/ advs, or a general Demolish applier, but 100Hands works as is), and TKicks I assume is for playing defensively and not primarily for dps (one can replace it, if one wants something else, but its up to them). Also would generally not recommend Con PSS for a dps build, nor Dex's dodge/avoid options.

Antagonize is fine to keep for a melee unit; Parry is okay too (as are most other block enhancers), though I wouldn't take its EM adv due to the dmg penalty (BCR already has a dmg penalty; adding EM's makes that worse for a dps).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    TKicks is my go too when I'm getting targeted, really only needed for bosses and alerts at the moment. The dodge buff from Tkicks and FLB combined with 100hands having ghost strikes, I assume that's why the stacks build so fast with it, allows for the fast stacking of dodge.

100hands is my debuffer and damage support, probably not that great, but I've had trouble finding a power that fit theme as well as being viable.

Dragon Kick is not only a strong PBAoE it's also usable outside of combat and on the move as a stacker, because of Dragon Rush, I can have a full stack of focus for as long as I feel the need and with that a full E-bar as well.

I did consider a Lightning Reflexes build, but I'm not really a tank, between my ping rate and the mind numbing nature of a long fight I'm just not able to maintain the sequences needed to be a viable tank, and as much as it'd fit theme I wanted this toon to be accepted in a cosmic group should I find myself in the position of being able to join them. The number of times I've missed a block because I spaced out or couldn't see past all the graphics exploding around the target is just ridiculous.

Also, I'll certainly look at Flanking. I just hate situational boosts. You wouldn't happen to know what the arc is for the bonus to proc would you? I'd hope it's the back 180, but I've known games with the cut as narrow as the back 45.
    edited December 2018
    From quick testing (w/ DE and Supernatural Power for ease of spam and quick dmg hits, looking at crit and normal dmg ranges), it seems like the Flanking bonus is around a 180 degree arc (as it still worked even close to the side of, but slightly behind, a regen dummy). I don't know for certain if that's the exact angle, but it seems to be pretty wide regardless.
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Thanks for the info, Flowcyto. That certainly makes the flanking bonus far more viable.