test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fallout 76 aka The facts why Fallout 76 is bad. Or why Bethesda is.

Comments

• beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I've got no need to watch a 40 minute video made by youtuber who uses exaggerated outrage to gain clicks. Yeah I'm sure many of the complaints are valid ones but they are being blown way out of proportion and the internet hate train is just soaking it all up. Occasional glitchy things like t-posed or distorted enemies are rare in my experience are more amusing to me than game breaking. I have encountered zero game breaking glitches so far and I've been playing since the day the game launched and every day since. Oh yeah, and a lot of those glitchy things I have seen have been getting fixed and more fixes are on the way.

If you've played the game and found it unplayable or simply watched some angry videos and made up your mind already...that's fine, you do you. I'm still playing the game though and having lots of fun. I hope you all are having lots of fun too.

• colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 244 Arc User
    Well, he is playing a character.. he isn't actually angry. But to date, his review is the most detailed one out there. He covers all the glitches, bugs, gameplay mechanic flaws, aswell as.. the broken promises. Sticking your head in the sand, doesn't magically turn this turd of a video game into a diamond.

Don't get me wrong, i am an avid Fallout fan (F3 is my favorite) and a die hard Bethesda fanboy, myself.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,702 Arc User
    A lot of the negative stuff I've seen on youtube is poorly researched, so much so that it's hard to tell whether the person complaining about a bug is talking about a genuine bug or it they're just bad at playing the game.
    No, not really. You said you didn't even watch the reviews, so you're contradicting yourself. Watch this:
    I'm not watching anything he puts on his channel. I watched one of his vids a while back and concluded his entire channel is garbage. I don't have time to watch every single piece of dreck someone spits out about the game. I have however watched several hours of people actually playing the game. For example these idiots:

I call them idiots because they're just running around and not stopping to actually USE anything they pickup. Heck Rob broke his gun at one point because he didn't repair it, OR pick up a replacement from one of the many Scorched he killed. Then what they do pickup gets lost when they die because they never go back to retrieve it. Also they're low-level characters running towards the edge of the map. That's pretty much a recipe for getting killed repeatedly.
    jennymachx wrote: »
    A lot of the negative stuff I've seen on youtube is poorly researched, so much so that it's hard to tell whether the person complaining about a bug is talking about a genuine bug or it they're just bad at playing the game.
    No, it really isn't "hard" to tell, especially when it's being shown in full unmitigated detail in dozens of videos.

What even is this logic of a player's skill being proportional to the authencity of a bug anyway? Bugs rear their ugly heads either unintentionally from the player's interaction with game mechanics or generally at random instances while the game is running. If it's something like stats and numerical data, okay fine, they're a little trickier to catch, but the obvious ones that happen visually in plain sight are undisputable.
    You're going to have to give actual examples, because vague generalities are meaningless fluff.

Seriously, I gave an example of something that a youtube commenter claimed to be a "buggy broken quest" when the reality was that he simply wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. I'm not going to give a generalization that ALL the negative reviews are based on fundamental mis-understandings of how the game works. Quite frankly I've not bothered to watch most of them simply because they make it clear from the title of the video that it's not a fair review.
    beezeeze wrote: »
    I've got no need to watch a 40 minute video made by youtuber who uses exaggerated outrage to gain clicks. Yeah I'm sure many of the complaints are valid ones but they are being blown way out of proportion and the internet hate train is just soaking it all up. Occasional glitchy things like t-posed or distorted enemies are rare in my experience are more amusing to me than game breaking. I have encountered zero game breaking glitches so far and I've been playing since the day the game launched and every day since. Oh yeah, and a lot of those glitchy things I have seen have been getting fixed and more fixes are on the way.

If you've played the game and found it unplayable or simply watched some angry videos and made up your mind already...that's fine, you do you. I'm still playing the game though and having lots of fun. I hope you all are having lots of fun too.
    Agreed, I'm not saying it doesn't have bugs. But it's a fun, playable game even with the bugs.
    Well, he is playing a character.. he isn't actually angry. But to date, his review is the most detailed one out there. He covers all the glitches, bugs, gameplay mechanic flaws, aswell as.. the broken promises. Sticking your head in the sand, doesn't magically turn this turd of a video game into a diamond.

Don't get me wrong, i am an avid Fallout fan (F3 is my favorite) and a die hard Bethesda fanboy, myself.
    This sounded like a reasonable post until you said "turd". Since none of what you said actually supports that conclusion. Since you claim to have actually watch that 40 minute video, I'm sure you can give us all a summary of each of the points of discussion and why these issues are severe enough to warrant calling the game a "turd".
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Ok so I went ahead and watched the video and listened to this shouty man shout in my ear at full volume about how much he hates the game and goes on to show all the bugs, lots of which are already fixed, points out how pointless the pvp is.(it is and that doesn't bother me but I could see how it could be upsetting for some people) Complains about no re-spec at lvl 50.(which will be added soon) Complains about the cash item shop without mentioning that you earn atoms from doing quests and things about don't have to spend an additional dime of real money on any of it... plus all the stuff in there is pretty pointless anyway...

I agree with one thing in that video though and that is that Todd Howard was blowing smoke up people's asses at E3...

but that is what everybody does at E3, this isn't even the first time Todd has done it at E3. It doesn't make it right but honestly that is something I've come to expect and so took everything he was talking about with a grain of salt from the get go. Also I didn't watch most of it at the time..so the sense of betrayal people seem to be feeling hasn't appeared to have effected me.

edited November 2018
    He also complained that the game was dreadfully boring and the quests were uninteresting. I disagree... but that is more a matter of personal taste than anything.

Also I turned off the voice chat settings almost immediately and the only other person I have grouped with so far is a buddy of mine who is usually sitting about 8 feet away from me...I don't even own a headset. (guy in the video also complained about mic settings)

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 15,743 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    jennymachx wrote: »
    "Patching" was a somewhat inaccurate term to use I guess, should have stuck to "fixes" via mods.

So I'm curious to know how the whole modding thing is going to work with FO76 being online only then. Would player mod unofficial fixes still be a thing since it's no longer entirely localized?

There are going to be private servers, and on those the person running the private server can install mods. That is what I've heard at least.

As for players fixing bugs, who knows, maybe Bethesda will fix all a great majority of the bugs before players have to. Fallout 76 is after all one of the least dense games in terms of content since they removed a ton of what's usually in the game making the task of debugging it much simpler this time around.
    He also complained that the game was dreadfully boring and the quests were uninteresting. I disagree... but that is more a matter of personal taste than anything.

He's just not the kind of player we are. We like wandering the wasteland shooting and looting. He needs a baby to chase to have a good time o3o​​
    Shooting and looting yes, but also exploring things and just sort of absorbing in the bleakness of it all...

and then a scorchbeast swoops in and roasts me alive with whatever it is they do...nuclear sonic screams or something. Good times.

But honestly though one of my favorite things to do in Bethesda games is to wander the map until I see something interesting in the distance then go up to it and have look around. I like finding notes and holotapes that slowly unravel the mystery surrounding the area to those patient enough to search every corner. You know like in all those abandoned vaults in the other fallout games... the ones only filled with corpses, ghouls, and maybe a few other monsters...

There is lots of that in Fallout 76.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,702 Arc User
    You know like in all those abandoned vaults in the other fallout games... the ones only filled with corpses, ghouls, and maybe a few other monsters...
    Or Gary..... So many Garys….
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Vault stories are always interesting. Like the one where they just pumped crazy gas into the air, or the one with all the drug addicts, or the red vs blue vault. My personal favorite is the one they sent a bunch of rich people to and then made them sleep on the floor ^_____^​​
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,244 Arc User
    And when you explore Vault-Tec University, and the Test Vault beneath it, you begin to understand the depth of the depravity Vault-Tec was capable of (especially when you read the Dean's terminal).

Then you get to West-Tek, and find out what true inhumanity looks like...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Posts: 1,477 Arc User
    i still wanna know what happened with the vault filled with 99 women and 1 panther​​
    You mean Vault 43? That was twenty women, ten men, and one panther.

But at least we know what happened to Vault 77, with one man and a crate of puppets:
    https://bethesda.net/en/article/5kmyQ0ufHGeCcW6McWyc2G/welcome-to-fallout%27s-legendary-vault-77

(That's canon, too - you can find a Vault 77 suit, along with a cautionary note, in one of the shops at Paradise Falls.)

"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• shadowfang240shadowfang240 Posts: 1,477 Arc User
    yeah, that one - what was up with the panther? was it supposed to be there for hunting purposes or did VT posit that, due to the lack of men compared to women, some of the women might've tried laying with the panther?​​
    ...due to the lack of men compared to women, some of the women might've tried laying with the panther?

s0Cihxi.png​​
    edited November 2018
    Thirty people in a standard 200-person vault, along with a man-eating cat? I suppose they could be trying to create a new society of extreme hunters, capable of hiding from vicious predators - a Ninja Vault, if you will. (Let's face it, that's really no crazier than Vault 95, occupied by chem addicts on a treatment plan, with a roomful of chems set to open up after five years...)

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 7,975 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    yeah, that one - what was up with the panther? was it supposed to be there for hunting purposes or did VT posit that, due to the lack of men compared to women, some of the women might've tried laying with the panther?​​

Why only the women?...
    :#
    Since we took that route....
    :# :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,305 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Why only the women?...
    :#
    Since we took that route....
    :# :#

Lesbian panther?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    If anything I bet that vault was best prepared for the wasteland... well unless it wasn't an immortal panther, in which case it probably died long before any of those people tried to leave the vault. You know they really should have had a family of panthers in the vault so they could reproduce and present an ongoing threat. Then decades later when they leave the vault they will be somewhat prepared for things like mole rats.​​
    I bet if you cracked open that vault all you would find is 30 skeletons and one giant radioactive mutant super panther. The plan was obviously to eventually unleash pantherzilla upon an unsuspecting wasteland.

Hopefully less than 30 because VATs doesn't slow down time anymore! (I still use it as much as possible because I'm really bad at aiming with an xbox controller and I've never learned to play any of the fallout games on a mouse and keyboard. Shouty man in the video also said VATs in the new game was bad. It isn't.)

Fallout 2 was the only game I ever warezed that both worked and didn't give my computer a virus.

edited December 2018
    You know I notice that in all these Fallout76 reviews I see them showing the same bugs/glitches over and over... in some cases it's the exact same footage of a person walking up to four Scorched laying on the ground and then T-posing. Really undercuts the idea that the game is as buggy as they want to yell it is u3u

Also someone freaking out about godrays coming through a hill for like 10 minutes seems... petty​​
    toddrays*

• baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 508 Arc User
    This might be important

"BUT MUH NOT GONNA WATCH A BIDEO"
    k
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 508 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Mm...security issues... feel like that was mentioned at some point u3u​​

"Just ignore that Bethesda has accidentally doxxed all of their Power Armor Edition customers."
    Yes, this includes address, credit card, etc.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,683 Arc User
    My one and only statement on Fallout 76:

Kgy.gif
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Mm...security issues... feel like that was mentioned at some point u3u

"Just ignore that Bethesda has accidentally doxxed all of their Power Armor Edition customers."
    Yes, this includes address, credit card, etc.

At the start of this thread I got called a hater for saying that there might be security issues with the game. And now here we are u3u​​