test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to improve Takofanes for next year

lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
Suggestion

Hitting Takofanes while he doesn't have Debuff on him hurts you for 25% Hp per hit.
That way people will be able to learn not to tunnel Takofanes onion-24.gif​​

Comments

• Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    If we have to have the annual event, perhaps some more variety in Takofanes' minions? He's a master of demons as well as undead.
  • Options
    You do realise that the purpose of this topic is basically

"people can only pay attention to the big skeleton thing, make them pay attention to something else".

Adding more stuff for them to ignore would certainly not help at all​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    how would this apply to maintains?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    You die if tako doesn't have debuff​​
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    And you get a debuff that drains 5k contrib point every 5 seconds for 300 seconds.

To compensate for this, hitting DLs gives increased contribution points, encouraging bad people who tunnel Tako to focus on DLs upon dieing and respawning, lest they fail to meet minimum contrib​​
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Sounds rubbish. You'd just get people asking why they died or why they lost all their points, nothing learned.

Tako is a bit of a melee and it's quite hard to actually see what's happening or what people are supposed to be doing. So they focus on the big lad on the throne. I will cheerfully admit to understanding the importance of getting rid of Doomlords swiftly but the Undead Heroes evade me... sometimes they're hostile, sometimes on the Hero side, and how that happens I have no idea. Is that the Doomlords, then?
  • Options
    First the TL;DR version
    • Tako summons Doomlords.
    • Doomlords directly target one hero and place a DoT on nearby heroes that are active (ie. Tako places the yellow dome on them, from that point onwards they are active).
    • When Hero dies, they come back as Undead and start attacking people (mostly the healers).

Now my assumption on how the mechanic works:
    • I believe Tako has 13 Summon Doomlord skills, one for each individual hero.
    • Each skill has around a 2 minutes cooldown and activates a shared cooldown of roughly 30 seconds on the other 12 skills.
    • He is scripted to use them off cooldown in the following order: Grace->Crusher->Eclipse->Firefight->Flechette->Goblin->Hercule->Nimbus->Radion->Shadowboxer->Tiger->Vanguard->Vigil
    • Because of this, when enough heroes die, gaps will start to appear between each DL summon, which is what allows catastrophic scenarios like 10-12/13 to succeed if people take down the rogue Heroes and DLs since he will then only summon one DL every 2 minutes or so.
    • It is very important for 10-12/13 scenarios to work that people fix the slacking that lead to that scenario in the first place and take down the extra DLs fast while every single healer focuses on the last hero, since multiple DLs being out increases the damage the hero takes from DoT.
    • Tako's AoE does hit the heroes for some considerable damage, but what ends up catching most healers offguard resulting in multiple heroes dieing at once is the DoT that Doomlords place on nearby heroes. The DoT will affect all nearby heroes that are active (ie. targetted by Tako's yellow bubble at least once).
    • 1 good healer can keep up all 13 healers with 1 single stack of DoT if they have Bionic Shielding (the DoT ticks once every 3 seconds, meaning you can place Bionic on Hero and it will expire right as Bionic Tampering expires too unless Tako hits them with AoE).
    • 2 Stacks of DoT is already strong enough to drain heroes super fast, plus they consume Bionic in 9 seconds.
    • Note that the amount of DoT stacks does not show up on the Heroes UI.
    • If things are starting to go south, I suggest prioritize keeping Crusher and Hercule alive since they are the most annoying heroes to deal with. Crusher cause all his attacks knock (and hit hard) and has containtment field, and Hercule cause aside from also knocking and having an AoE stun has Defiance passive and will require DPS to tunnel him much longer than the other heroes while Taco keeps summoning DLs.
    • If things go real south, Vigil is the last hero Taco targets and should be the one everyone pulls back to protect if the others are already dead by that point.
    ​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Isn't this just the real key? If the healers simply focus on keeping Vigil alive nothing else really matters, other than taking down Tako.
    lezard21 wrote: »
    [*]If things go real south, Vigil is the last hero Taco targets and should be the one everyone pulls back to protect if the others are already dead by that point.
    [/list]​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    If there's no proper control on the amount of DLs that are out or on who the undead heroes are targetting, the healers won't be able to keep up or will die.
  • Options
    The other day I was on one tako where only Vigil was still intact and we pulled through. Seemed like it took 5 minutes once Vigial was the only one. Maybe some uber healers showed up, or maybe most of the healers stayed on Vigil. I can't vouch for the mechanics of that fight, I just now tako had something around 1/3 of his health bar when we were down 12 heroes.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Add a Cutscene to attacking player everytime they attack Takofanes and not DethLörd.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The other day I was on one tako where only Vigil was still intact and we pulled through. Seemed like it took 5 minutes once Vigial was the only one. Maybe some uber healers showed up, or maybe most of the healers stayed on Vigil. I can't vouch for the mechanics of that fight, I just now tako had something around 1/3 of his health bar when we were down 12 heroes.

I've healed 12/13 Tako's where Tako was still 2/3s when the 12th hero fell. I've been healing in multiple succesful 12/13 scenarios, and also in many failed ones where the healers ended getting ganked by the undead heroes and Vigil ended up dieing from the combined DoT of multiple DLs.

It's possible, but again, it's not easy, nor the strategy you should aim for.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Add a Cutscene to attacking player everytime they attack Takofanes and not DethLörd.
    :#

Now this is just 2 evil even for me.​​
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Maybe just make Tako totally immune while his resistance is up. I feel like that would clue people in to the mechanics of the fight, and make everything more obvious for the confused.

Not sure if the threat tables could be put into some kind of frozen state, or if that would even be an issue.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    vonqball wrote: »
    Maybe just make Tako totally immune while his resistance is up. I feel like that would clue people in to the mechanics of the fight, and make everything more obvious for the confused.

Not sure if the threat tables could be put into some kind of frozen state, or if that would even be an issue.
    Or maybe a visual effect like an energy barrier looking thing around him?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Or, they would just keep attacking, not noticing that they are not doing any damage.

Maybe make it kind of like the Draysha Supercharger. I.e. the damage you do to tako reflects back on you and ramps up over time until the debuff wears off. Every time players die from this mechanic 50K points is subtracted from their scores (like Kiga), so they may not reach the necessary point threshhold.

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options

Or maybe a visual effect like an energy barrier looking thing around him?

Maybe a visual like a ring of dark arcane fire and runes, that damages in a small aoe around him, and makes him immune to damage. Might get those lazy melee toons moving lol. Could have him sit back in his throne to make it even more obvious.

• Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Or, they would just keep attacking, not noticing that they are not doing any damage.
    Some stray sheep are just meant to wander, lol.

• Options
    soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    I would consider adding two elements,
    1. A visual link or tether between any Doomlords and Takofanes, basically a big red line connecting them.
    2. When a Doomlord is up and Takofanes doesn't have the Celestial Punishment buff, he gains at least a 50% damage reduction buff and a big red shield visual.
  • Options
    sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    Well as a newer player, I think if the quest instructions were a bit more clear. I know the first time I did this I had to upset a lot of long time players (sorry), since I had some level 40s start Yelling in Chat "STOP KILLING THE ZOMBIES!!" which I did not do until they jumped off the roof they was on a challenge me to a duel - that got my attention!

And they explained to me why (to get more players there) but in my defense the quest said "kill zombies" so that what I was trying to do, what I "thought" was correct. But still my fault, I did not check YouTube or CO Wiki about killing Taco I just did a newbie and jumped in with my Savage's claws.

Now that have done about a dozen "Kill Taco", I trying to follow the team and watch for Taco saying "sic them! Doomlord" and I go after the DL, so some of us do learn. You just have understand that some of us (me for one) have thick heads, or do not pay that much attenuation to chat!

And to the player who jump off the roof and challenged Saber Lynx, thanks for the lesson :)
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sgtken60 wrote: »
    And they explained to me why (to get more players there) but in my defense the quest said "kill zombies" so that what I was trying to do, what I "thought" was correct. But still my fault, I did not check YouTube or CO Wiki about killing Taco I just did a newbie and jumped in with my Savage's claws.
    This isn't really anything specific to Takophanes -- for any fight with a timer, don't start the fight until you have what you need to win. That basically means all event fights.
  • Options
    sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    sgtken60 wrote: »
    This isn't really anything specific to Takophanes -- for any fight with a timer, don't start the fight until you have what you need to win. That basically means all event fights.

Yeah I know that now, but when the quest message comes up when you get near CHQ and it says "Defeat Zombie Horde , Defeat Ravenous Turakians", I just jumped in after the bad guys.
    I know better now.

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    One thing I want is a little cosmetic work done...he needs to look like that screen art more. More ghoulish on the face....that skull is outdated and not fitting enough for someone of his caliber
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    You do realise that the purpose of this topic is basically

"people can only pay attention to the big skeleton thing, make them pay attention to something else".

Adding more stuff for them to ignore would certainly not help at all​​

I did not realize that. Sorry. :s