test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dual Blades, want to select different weapon skin on each hands.

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
Such like this?
320px-Miyamoto_Musas%EF%BD%88i_Self-Portrait.jpg

Comments

• grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    YES.

Asymetrical weapons is something i asked last year, among several other weapons options.
    It's something i would really appreciate.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    But can the Engine handle this?

I remember it was mentioned that the game's code doesn't allow it

I want this to happen as well because one of my characters is fighting with a long sword and a dagger​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • dwnside13dwnside13 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    That would be great, been wanting a fork n Knife combo for Fantastic Frank.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Yes please. The werewolf hunters do it and it's a huge tease!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Yes please, I'd love this.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I don't have anything really to add other than "yes please."

Unfortunately, I get the impression that CO's engine handles weapons in a way that's too hackish to allow this to work easily, but I hope the devs can prove otherwise.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Well, most things we want and don't get are 'too much work for the return' rather than 'utterly impossible'; it's likely that this would require a pretty extensive refactor. My ideal would be if costume changes could be bound to powers, so using a melee weapon would activate a hands extension costume part (at which point normal L/R rules could be applied) and deactivate a sheathed weapon costume part, and similarly flight could swap in and out costume parts, but given how long people have wanted that sort of thing, it's probably Hard.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Well, most things we want and don't get are 'too much work for the return' rather than 'utterly impossible'; it's likely that this would require a pretty extensive refactor. My ideal would be if costume changes could be bound to powers, so using a melee weapon would activate a hands extension costume part (at which point normal L/R rules could be applied) and deactivate a sheathed weapon costume part, and similarly flight could swap in and out costume parts, but given how long people have wanted that sort of thing, it's probably Hard.
    I think it's a matter of rebuilding the animations. IE, lots of work.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters