test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Braving the Elements Bugged?

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
I've done Braving the Elements twice in the last month. Each time Therakiel failed to appear visibly in the final fight (voice and shaking still there) and both Ironclad and Defender were still standing at the end. Missions completed though.

Can't say if this began exactly at the same time all those lost cats appeared in MC, but close.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I've done this mission twice in the past couple of months and I get the same thing happening. No Therakiel and Iron Clad/Defender duo are left alive. However, once outside that door, they meet their demise.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    This has happened to me sometime last year too. As with every other cutscene bug in CO, as time marches on, the frequency of it happening increases till it reaches the point of say Hi Pan custom alert.​​
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I've done that mission on nearly every character I've ever leveled up to 40 and it seems like he isn't visible in that mission almost half the time...I can't recall exactly when it started to happen but I'd say it has been a issue for at least a few years.(maybe it has gotten worse lately... its been a few months since my last lvl40 character.)

• Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Ok so as luck would have it I just so happed to have a character who was able to do this mission a few minutes ago and this is what happened:
    VjjvQwL.png

So it seems like this bug is still random... which means it will probably be pretty difficult to root out the problem and fix it.

• Options
    ondanondan Posts: 2 Arc User
    6 years on and it's got worse. Took 4 attempts to see or hear anything happen after Scarlet's dialog.

Dropped the mission, left VB, closed the game, relogged a few minutes later.
    Hope these steps help others as its probably not getting fixed.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Overall, this particular bug is obviously not game-breaking, as the mission does complete once you exit the structure.

However, anyone "new" that has never seen the cut scene is left scratching their head as to wth happened.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"