test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not being able to create comic book character from marvel or dc?

13»

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    The person who has that costume hasn't apologised.

Which means they're even more guilty than we thought! Get the pitchforks and the torches!​​
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I have to look at the Marvin again...but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t a clone.

Close....but I’m pretty sure he was fine.

Then why is beeze apologizing u3u​​

I was all like "I am sorry but.... you was eliminated instantly because you were basically a clone."
    Which is my opinion but also the opinion shared by the judges. So yeah.

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    https://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3964/kw/terms of service
    hampions Online Costume Policy
    ]

Champions Online offers an incredibly customizable character/costume creator. We understand that you may want to emulate a favorite costume that you know from another source; we ask you be aware of the following guidelines when creating your champion.

You may NOT create costumes or costume/name combinations that are recognizable as the registered property of any company. (This includes things such as: comics, anime, movies, or video games.)
    When creating costume combinations, you may NOT create the illusion or appearance that you are indecent, obscene, or nude.

If accounts are found in violation of our policies it may lead to disciplinary actions. This includes temporary suspension from the game or permanent account closure.

in simple terms, you are STEALING another companies property.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    beezeeze wrote: »
    I was all like "I am sorry but.... you was eliminated instantly because you were basically a clone."
    Which is my opinion but also the opinion shared by the judges. So yeah.

So then it's your fault Marvin got got u3u​​
    while I didn't say anything about it at the tie (I was standing right next to him) by gosh spinny maybe you're right.

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Champions Online doesn't even follow their own rules. We have a sparkly vampire that is pretty much Edward from Twilight.
    chaelk wrote: »
    https://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3964/kw/terms of service
    hampions Online Costume Policy
    ]When creating costume combinations, you may NOT create the illusion or appearance that you are indecent, obscene, or nude.

And...well

jjbSart.jpg
    well you see...kai isn't well yeah she kinda is but...I don't know....

She was and is a Digimon after all.

• i haven't been in the loop since season 3, but...that looks NOTHING like any digimon i've ever seen​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I thought Kais was a Hollow?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited September 2018
    I mean you can make anything look bad with a censor bar
    Pi2OXiN.jpg
    Even worse if you use mosaic​​
    Wow, that is hilarious. :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Champions Online doesn't even follow their own rules. We have a sparkly vampire that is pretty much Edward from Twilight.
    That's an obviously Parody-Satire and an outdated one because nobody gives a damn for Twilight anymore

spinnytop wrote: »
    I mean you can make anything look bad with a censor bar
    Even worse if you use mosaic
    Yes the Unnecessary Censorship meme does this
    And this a Cartoon type of Nudity for Monster characters, if you guys see more than that I believe you have invested MORE time at looking at RULE34 artwork of cartoon characters
    tumblr_odzhq2B6Zi1rtjgwno1_500.gif
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    i met this kid in game the night he made this post, pretty sure he quit then.
    Predictable really​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Rules are rules. I didn’t write them.

It’s also the reson we can’t have same colors for skin and tights, because if nudity....but I guess white, blue, green and cat girls aren’t nude.

And the obvious parody is just as obvious as a giant mech Marvin the Martian.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Ultimately, Eal, the judgement of whether or not a particular toon is "okay" is up to the GMs. So far, Captain Americlown and Spider-Bat have passed muster. If, someday, a regime change brings us new GMs who take a harder line and they decide that these toons aren't in fact covered by the parody exception, I'll sigh (a bit impatiently in the case of Cap, because it took me literally years to tweak him until he reached his present state - didn't even get the head wings that stick out past the fright wig until recently) and make them into new characters, because at the end of the day this site isn't mine. If the holder of the IP I'm parodying decides to sue over it, I'm not the one who'd be on defense, Cryptic would. They're within their rights to decide which borderline cases they do want to cover and which they don't.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Also, did Kais bad-costume anyone at the CC? If not, then it was the non-TOS version of "clone" where it's "obviously inspired by" and not an actual copy.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    It was the non-TOS version of "clone" where it's "obviously inspired by" and not an actual copy.

Known in CO as a homage.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    You may have missed the point. No one was complaining about not winning or about other people not winning.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Yeah, that part where people were talking about a large green man being disqualified never happened o3o​​
    It must really be difficult to be you, Spinny.
    edited September 2018
    Predictably obnoxious is a hard cross to bear. I feel sorry for the guy :'(

zrdRBy8.png
    edited September 2018
    It must really be difficult to be you, Spinny.

Well it's well known I like difficult content right? ;)​​
  • superwavessuperwaves Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I use famous character's costumes, but make them animals. Phoenix as a bird, Saber-tooth tiger, Incredible Hawk as a green hawk, werewolf as Wolverine. I used the Resistance Colossus head on a buff metal skinned creature and called him "The Resistance Colossus." I am inspired by other iconic characters too, but it is controversial territory.

Apparently DCUO does not like to use emblems, because they do not want the iconic S on any average Joe. Guess someone should have told them DCUO was an mmo with character creation. Their game, their rules I suppose.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    superwaves wrote: »
    Apparently DCUO does not like to use emblems, because they do not want the iconic S on any average Joe. Guess someone should have told them DCUO was an mmo with character creation. Their game, their rules I suppose.

That's not really true. You can have 'S' symbol. Same as you can have the Bat symbol. But you need to use a chest piece if i remember right.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif