test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hey CO, what'cha playin?

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
Can't play CO all the time so here's a thread where we can talk about things we're playing when we're not playing CO, unless you're one of those people who only plays CO in which case... hi there o3o

Dying Light recently went on sale so I decided to give it a go since I like zombie stuff. Well I pretty much ended up playing it for like 18 hours the first two and a half days after getting it. It plays a lot like Farcry, almost exactly like it in fact, but with a heavy focus on melee and an urban setting. The zombies are fantastic, hordes of Romero shamblers, and the setting is a great slummy urban sprawl where you can end up climbing over a wall and dropping right into a horde of biters.

The other game I recently started playing is Road Redemption. It's a game where you ride a motorcycle and get into melee combat with other bikers, in addition to shooting at them with guns and sticking timed bombs to them. It's a rogue-like where you do missions until you die, and then spend your XP on permanent upgrades and start over. Simple gameplay, tuned very well, and it just feels really good to smash people off their bikes o3o

This is a game I just recommend for people looking for something super-heroey. While Saints Row 4 isn't technically a super hero game, the fact that you get super speed, super jump, and energy projection powers in it, and the fact that the way you use them is incredibly, stupidly fun, mixed with a story that is just absolute comic book dumbness, makes it a game that's worth trying for any fan of super heroing.

The other game I recommend for anyone looking for a great super hero game is X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It's a character action game featuring the iconic bub-slayer himself and it's probably the best super hero game I've ever played. Logan is a ridiculous death machine in this game, tearing baddies apart exactly like hey should, leaping around like a wild animal, and pulling moves that are just over the top enough to not be too over the top.​​

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Lately I've been running through Fallout New Vegas, which I didn't complete before, using a build suggestion from a website (max Intelligence for the boosts to Science and Skill Points, and starting with Speech, Explosives, and Science as Tag! skills). I've also been playing Forza Horizon 2, because it was free with my XBox Gold membership.

My computer gaming time has generally been in CO, but sometimes I check in on my STO characters as well.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    Lately I've been running through Fallout New Vegas, which I didn't complete before, using a build suggestion from a website (max Intelligence

So you're RPing yourself?​​
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    I've been playing a lot of GTA Online. I should check out Saint's Row.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Starbound is pretty cool too.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Darksiders Warmastered Edition.
    Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Starbound is great, but limited. Once you "beat" it there's not much to do unless you like exploring mods (which there are some pretty great ones).
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    A few mods have extended story stuff like the Return to Earth mod. While a few other mods enhance your starting off like Frackin' Universe. Yeah, its story is pretty limited but at least it isn't Minecraft squared. :#
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Let's see!

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
    It's a Final Fantasy mobile game that I enjoy goofing off with when I want to kill time. Despite being such, it's actually pretty fair and decent. I'm 100% F2P and have some pretty badass stuff.

Final Fantasy Record keeper
    Another FF mobile game. It's also pretty fair and fun as a time killer, but I play it less often than FFBE.

World of Warcraft
    Yeah whatever, I like this game and have been on it pretty much since release.

Star Trek Online
    As a big sci-fi and Star Trek fan, I pretty much have no choice but to play this. Although, I kinda don't play it as often as I used to.

Random low-budget indie games from Steam
    Speaks for itself. I like indie games because the developers are often less afraid of trying new things, and because they don't demand hundreds of hours plus a bunch of lame DLC.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    when I am not playing CO is it Bethesda games mostly... lately it has been a lot of Skyrim mostly but also some fallout from time to time, and just in the last week or so I have been playing Morrowind.. which I have tried to play before but usually gave up because of the outdated mechanics which take some getting used to(the outdated graphics don't bother me so much) but I am really giving it my best try this time and so far have gotten further in the game then I ever have before.

I am really tempted to try Monster Hunter World now that it is available on the PC but I have not bitten the bullet yet.

• Options
    beezeeze wrote: »
    when I am not playing CO is it Bethesda games mostly... lately it has been a lot of Skyrim mostly but also some fallout from time to time, and just in the last week or so I have been playing Morrowind.. which I have tried to play before but usually gave up because of the outdated mechanics which take some getting used to(the outdated graphics don't bother me so much) but I am really giving it my best try this time and so far have gotten further in the game then I ever have before.

I am really tempted to try Monster Hunter World now that it is available on the PC but I have not bitten the bullet yet.

also that high int high speech setup jon mentioned is one of my favorite build styles in fallout games... talking your way out of problems can sometimes be just as satisfying as shooting your problems... my typical fallout character starts with int and personality...I add on that stealth and small arms, that way if I can't talk my way out I can still sneak around and shoot them.

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Heroes of the Storm
    Blizzard's MOBA which is a nice casual game. Love playing as Diablo and Greymane the most.

Tokyo Aftershool Summoners
    A mobile game full of eye-candy characters for the LGBT. However once you get past the lewdness of the chars, the chars are actually likable and relatable. I also play it for inspiration for doing my art.

Major Mayhem II
    A shooter mobile game. Something I play to kill time when I'm outside.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    When not COing, my gaming time is taken up by tabletop RPGs. Currently playing Call of Cthulu, Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok and running a pulp noir Mutants and Masterminds campaign.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    aesica wrote: »
    World of Warcraft
    Yeah whatever, I like this game and have been on it pretty much since release.

Ew! :D

( you pre-defended it so I figured I would say something :B )
    A mobile game full of eye-candy characters for the LGBT. However once you get past the lewdness of the chars, the chars are actually likable and relatable. I also play it for inspiration for doing my art.

o3o ...think I might check that out... for research.​​
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »

o3o ...think I might check that out... for research.
    There are not many ladies since the majority of the cast are manly Bara handsome gay men so you might get disappointed, but the few female characters the game has are really well designed and delightful (except of Gabriel, I hate that Bimbo)

The Main story is pretty good but It can be really draining across the chapters since it's basically a visual novel

On the related news, this game is perfect for me and I wanted to play it 2 years now. Say hello to my new Husbando, Gyumao
    I pulled a 5-Star Unit and I'm going to show it off to everyone :grimace:
    tumblr_pdxqx6AXbS1r25qf0o1_1280.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    - Star Trek Online - Just to make sure my Fleet knows I'm around, but it's relaxing just to go around the galaxy for random missions (some user-made, which breaks my heart that CO doesn't have yet STO and Neverwinter does).

- Dungeons & Dragons Online - the "open world" is limited, yet it's closer to PNP than Neverwinter and Warcraft.

- Morrowind - graphics are dated, but much more complex and larger than Oblivion or Skyrim

- Ragnarok Online (IRO) - simplistic and grindier than most other MMOs, but it's charming (and probably my oldest MMO running 17 years)

- SimCity 3000 - spend 10 minutes looking at how the city is developing; wonder why it's 4 hours later (and I can play it in between work without too much multi-tasking)

- Dota 2 - when I want to blow off Steam ('natch) and blame noobs or lag for failure

- Hearthstone - faster than chess, stupider than Magic (hint: it's a tempo game where winning is 90% luck on getting the right cards, 5% your opponent's ineptitude, and 5% your opponent getting disconnected from his/her wifi).

- X-Com: UFO Defense - the first one has better atmosphere and challenging at higher difficulties without insulting your intelligence as the more recent ones do

Have others that are installed to pick up and play whenever the urge rises and de-stress from the business of every day.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    CO

NWN(Not to be confused with the MMO Neverwinter) Play on a heavily modded server that I co-admin.

Minecraft
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I've been playing a lot of Mech Warrior Online (MWO), completely different beast then CO, but as I can't make characters in CO anymore there's not much for me to do.
  • Options
    nbkxs wrote: »
    NWN(Not to be confused with the MMO Neverwinter)
    Now there's a blast from my past. That game taught me how to program, oddly enough.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    The DMC5 hype recently got me to play DMC4 again. I ragequitted at a certain point cause I couldn't figure out how to beat a certain boss. Well I sure beat his stupid butt, and then beat the game, at which point in unlocked something I love: Legendary Dark Knight mode. This is basically a difficulty setting that both incorporates hard mode ( enemies do more damage and have more health ) and increases the number of enemies... by like 10 times. Rooms where I fought a handful of enemies are now literally completely filled with enemies, and I love it. These are the kinds of difficulties I want more game to employ ( once they figure out how to deal with the performance issues of course ).

DMC4 is basically a super hero game. Nero is basically the Disciple. I kinda wish the Disciple's knock to was as fast as Nero's Devil Bringer. Without that delay it would be a sick move for a melee toon to have ( for those who haven't played it, pushing the button pretty much instantly brings an enemy into melee range ).

As an aside, I was remarkably better at this game now than when I played it back when I first bought it. I think it's because since then I have drastically decreased the amount of sugar in my diet. Sugar makes you bad at video games o3o​​
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Dabbling in Path of Exile, finally pushing Maya toward UVHM in Borderlands 2, rolling my eyes at Overwatch’s awful Mystery Heroes RNG comps, and waiting for Forza Horizon 4 to launch.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Monster Hunter World. Been a long time fan of the series and I'm finally glad we've got one on PC. Fighting the monsters is incredibly satisfying and mixing sets of gear to create different builds is nice. Although, I'm more of a casual hunter compared to most other "veterans" of the series.

Aside from that, every so often I'll take jabs at both Starcraft games and play with their editors. It's one of the few games I still practice level design with. Honestly, I need to find more games that I both enjoy and can create new locales for. Not everything I make sees the light of day, but working on stuff like that is rather relaxing.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Agents of Mayhem.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    WELP, Deep Space Waifu: FANTASY recently came out and I've been playing that. Quite satisfied I am. Monster girls who are happy about me pew pewing at them... yay \owo/​​
  • Options
    layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    Sleeping Dogs
    Been replaying for the 4th or 5th time lately. I think I might finally go for 100% completion this time.

FFXIV
    I don’t play as much as I used to, but I still log in every month or so to decorate my house and lament that I can’t do any of this with my hideouts in CO. During big patches I’ll play through the story.

Secret World Legends
    I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I love the world and the story but hate the game mechanics and the community. So I only play when I’m feeling particularly masochistic.

I might have to try out some of the games listed in this thread. So many games I’ve never heard of!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Still playing Fallout New Vegas, because I started doing all the DLC (which I hadn't before). Helps to get a few levels under your belt first - I'd recommend making it to at least lvl 12 to 15 before heading out there. The order is also important, both for the embedded storyline and to make sure you can handle the challenges coming up. (That would be Honest Hearts, Dead Money, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road.)

Oh, and make sure you've cleared all but the essentials out of your inventory before you start, because you'll find lots of stuff. I don't go so far as Oxhorn, who in his videos starts off with just base clothing, stimpaks and ammo (which literally weigh nothing), and a shovel, but I do pick out one armor set, one or two weapons, and maybe a handful of aid items with weight (can't get enough of that Sunset Sarsaparilla!). There'll be more weapons out there, ranging from the really useful (the Marksman's Carbine and .45 SMG, from Honest Hearts) to the seemingly silly (the H&H Tools Nail Gun, from Lonesome Road, which is essentially a very short-range silenced SMG that fires nails - great if you can sneak up on a target and hit 'em with a Sneak Critical, or if you're cornered and need to pour on the firepower as fast and as close-range as you can manage, but pretty useless for most combat).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    Blew the dust off FF13 because I really should try to finish it so I can try out the other two--which I haven't even touched yet. I'm hoping to do this with some of the other PS2/PS3 era games I bought, played, like, and yet...abandoned for whatever reason.
    Deep Space Waifu
    Somehow, I'm not at all surprised that you of all people here would be playing that.
  • Options
    Somehow, I'm not at all surprised that you of all people here would be playing that.

What can I say I like good games ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​
  • Options
    Now that Bloodmoon has started, I've noticed one side effect of playing FNV, especially from the Dead Money DLC - I'm now really uncomfortable going through the parts of MC where there's a reddish cloud in the air, with some black around the edges. I start looking for Ghost People.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I played maplestory a few years ago and as far as I can recall it didn't look like that x.x

oh yeah and jon if you have not done the fallout new vegas dlc yet you are in for a real treat... old world blues stands out here but honest hearts if almost as good only because a particular npc… the other dlcs are good also.. but for me old world blues and honest hearts are the standouts.

• Options
    i would be paying more attention to my HP bar in such areas than the rest of the world...because those clouds hurt​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    repost x,x

• Options
    beezeeze wrote: »
    I played maplestory a few years ago and as far as I can recall it didn't look like that x.x

Well that's cause it's Maplestory 2. It's 3D now, with mounts that are a bear carrying your toon. I'm thinking of buying that mount cause that's funny to me.​​
  • Options
    Dabbling in Path of Exile, finally pushing Maya toward UVHM in Borderlands 2, rolling my eyes at Overwatch’s awful Mystery Heroes RNG comps, and waiting for Forza Horizon 4 to launch.

Update:

- Path of Exile: I’ve hit the wall on Piety, the Abomination. Apparently, she’s an absolutely brutal meta-check and players have been complaining about her difficulty spike, and Act IV in general, since 2015. Lovely.

- Overwatch: What she said -> https://kotaku.com/overwatchs-boops-have-gotten-out-of-control-1829690969

- CO: Locks up at a sneeze. Large crowds? Lockup. Force bubbles? Lockup. Try to take a screenshot? Lockup. Accidentally bump the H key, which automatically takes a screenshot? Lockup.

- Forza Horizon 4: I loved it. Then it started refusing to launch and/or crashing at the main menu. I wasted $60 on it. I have the urge to drive to Redmond, lock Satya Nadella and Phil Spencer in a conference room with me, and spend an hour explaining, in painstaking detail, how f***ed up the Windows Store and UWP are. I’d probably forget to collect my $60, but at this point, I really don’t care.

- Borderlands 2: I hope I don’t burn out on this, because it’s the only game left on my list that doesn’t have either a broken engine or a broken meta.

Other than that, everything’s just peachy, thanks for asking.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    CO locks up and FH4 just won't play?

I know you've probably heard this already, but consider looking at your computer on this. I know my PC experience on FO4 has been vastly improved since I got the new tower last month...

• Options
    i have no idea how FH4 would react since i don't own the game, but getting new hardware would likely make any resulting problems with CO WORSE - as i can personally attest to

this game does NOT like modern hardware​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Really? Works great with mine. Not quite as well as STO, sadly - I can run STO at renderscale 2, but that makes CO stutter pretty badly - but I haven't had any issues with CO, outside of a weird crash yesterday that required me to first hard-boot, then soft-boot, the computer in order to get back in.

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Found another neat hack n slash mobile game called "Maze: Shadow of Light". Similar to Marvel's Future Fight, only that it's mostly single player rpg. It has 3 duo teams to choose from. Resiak and Tooth are my fav cuz their the beastman team.

One of the downside of the game is it's stinginess towards gold for upgrading equipment.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    CO and FH4 are the only outliers in a system that has otherwise run everything I’ve thrown at it stable and fast as hell. (Seriously, get you a system with a fast m.2 NVMe SSD. I was genuinely surprised at how noticeable the speed difference was even from a SATA III SSD.)

Forza: I’m in the same hell this Ars Technica author was, but I don’t have a byline that gets immediate priority tech support from Microsoft executives. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/10/my-confusing-10-day-journey-to-getting-a-uwp-game-to-work-on-windows-10/

Also, while I don’t have metered downloads, I also don’t have the time or inclination to redownload the entire game, 64GB at a time, at 20-25% of my rated 250mbps download speed, over and over again until whatever’s f***ed up magically unf***s itself. Especially when all of the usual suspects for UWP games (non-Xbox Game Bar overlays, graphics card overclocking utils, having the wrong brand of anti-virus) have been eliminated. Also when non-game UWP apps are misbehaving on my system too. Weather Channel’s live tile has degraded from displaying nothing, to not working at all, to the tile’s right-click menu missing a bunch of entries.

Eventually, Microsoft has to own up to the truth that their Windows gaming efforts are built on infrastructures too immature and unscalable for production, and they were better off cutting a deal with Valve to link Xbox Live and Steam, where games Just Work™ (or you can definitively blame the developers if they don’t) and max out your download speeds.

CO: Years of neglect and technical debt have accrued to the point that systems can be too new for the engine? Say it ain’t so!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucRfdCtjbbA
    Overwatch's story is interesting to me, but I'm not really an FPS gamer. I mostly play STO and CO.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    i have no idea how FH4 would react since i don't own the game, but getting new hardware would likely make any resulting problems with CO WORSE - as i can personally attest to

this game does NOT like modern hardware
    CO: Years of neglect and technical debt have accrued to the point that systems can be too new for the engine? Say it ain’t so!

It liked it just fine when I upgraded mine. Probably more a case of the specific hardware, rather than a case of newer=worse.​​
  • Options

this game does NOT like modern hardware
    It liked it just fine when I upgraded mine. Probably more a case of the specific hardware, rather than a case of newer=worse.​​
    It probably is a configuration issue. I recently got a new computer and it worked GREAT on my new computer.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    image3.png
    This is also a mount in Maplestory 2. You literally just hold a body pillow and run around super excited at high speed. I got one from spinning a prize wheel owo​​
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Currently playing:

Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Monster Hunter World
    Neverwinter

Looking forward to Soul Caliber 6

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
  • Options
    Anime girl body pillows really kinda creep me out. I actually looked for stains on the one shown in that screenshot.
    This PC is only a few months old and runs CO perfectly.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Looking forward to Soul Caliber 6

fite me nerd​​

I very well may, but first, I'll be making a custom toon and playing the single player campaign.

I love that Soul Caliber has robust character customization, which you can then take online in PvP.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Anime girl body pillows really kinda creep me out. I actually looked for stains on the one shown in that screenshot.

I already knew that you have a dirty mind, but I'll go ahead and mention it again as the cause of that kinda gross comment.​​
  • Options
    I very well may, but first, I'll be making a custom toon and playing the single player campaign.

Yeah apparently it has single player content worth doing, unlike Tekken 7 >:T​​
  • Options
    Yeah apparently it has single player content worth doing, unlike Tekken 7 >:T​​
    Tekken has weird things like that thing where you collect costume parts to dress your character up to look weird.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters