test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warzone Open Missions ((Not Eido))

The 3 open missions in the warzone function like mini-cosmic encounters. Each of the encounters needs 5 to 7 people and takes about 5 to 7 minutes to run. They have significant rewards for the time and effort required to run them and are very farmable.

Why don’t players run the Warzone OMs more often?
╔══╗
╚╗╔╝
╔╝(¯v´¯)
╚══.¸Menagerie

Comments

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    CO players are very afraid of the Warzone. I've never played a game where players avoid challenging zones with good rewards before. But they do on CO. But you are right, a group of teamed players can farm the Warzone. I know because I've done it in the past. These days I just take in builds that can solo the zone or use a vehicle. If I run into a group of folks willing to team, I'll join 'em.

--- whooops I misread the OP---
    Post edited by riverocean on
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 767 Arc User
    It really doesn't make sense. Probably because the game was way, way way too easy for way too long. Now that they can't just steam roll over it, they don't want it.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    I'd love to do the Warzone OM's but the only time people arrange to get together for Warzone OM's seems to be around 2am for me which isn't viable :/ I'd gather people myself but I've only done each OM twice (and that was when it was first on the PTS) so I wouldn't know where to start.

At this point I've pretty much written off the Warzone which is a shame because that was the "tough" endgame I've been waiting for.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Well, Cosmic HQ does OM runs every Thursday and Saturday at 5 pm Server Time, unless something comes up.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    The 3 open missions in the warzone function like mini-cosmic encounters. Each of the encounters needs 5 to 7 people and takes about 5 to 7 minutes to run. They have significant rewards for the time and effort required to run them and are very farmable.

People do it. It's just usually announced in TheEndGame channel for runs, or Cosmic HQ. It's really an issue of want than population on this one.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    a) CO's boss fights are inevitably mechanic driven and boring. Put them at the end of a zone no-one likes, and no-one will play them.

b) Onslaught. You can get good gear just by turning up for long enough, so why bother with the Q Zone?
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    a) CO's boss fights are inevitably mechanic driven and boring. Put them at the end of a zone no-one likes, and no-one will play them.
    Huh? Not sure what you mean by "at the end of zone"... no one can follow the safe paths down to the OM locations?
    b) Onslaught. You can get good gear just by turning up for long enough, so why bother with the Q Zone?
    You can only get secondary gear with Onslaught and it takes way longer. You can get a lot more stuff like Primaries, mods, devices, etc...for silver recog and it's way easier.
    Because it takes someone to say, "let's do Warzone OMs" and gather the people who can fill required roles.
    Huh? Not sure what you mean by "at the end of zone"... no one can follow the safe paths down to the OM locations?

No-one cares, rather like Lemuria.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    No-one cares, rather like Lemuria.
    I don't think that's the reason. When a Qzone OM run is announced, people do show up. Try doing that for anything in Lemuria...it lacks up to date content and rewards.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    I joined a fairly big group doing this late last night. It was a lot of fun and very rewarding. Also, later there were folks running around doing the War Zone dailies. So it seems like people are catching on... I hope this trend continues.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    That was the one i started up! I am hoping to make it more of a common practice : )

People do show up when they’re announced. Maybe when people start running them more often they will feel comfortable starting up runs!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    think people are just afraid, more than anything.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Just like TA, people feel scared of it, either because it appears scary/hard, which I understand completely.

or because rude or elitist players have discouraged them.

I have had people tell me things like "Oh i was told i can't do TA with mercenary gear" or "I was kicked out of TA because my dps wasn't above the average." or "I was rejected because I didn't have justice." or "They kicked me out because i died once" which to me makes no sense because that's HOW people learn, get gear, test their builds to improve them, etc.
    the list of things people tell me and why they're not motivated, encouraged to do TA or afraid to goes on.

I think we just need to be a little more friendly and encouraging and people will want to try them.

and host more training runs, and enforce that we won't be elitist, or rude, and we will be patient with them, and that messing up is perfectly okay, we all do, and it's part of learning ^^, that is another issue, they are afraid they mess up and "dissapoint everyone" they shoudn't be, if you run TA with the right people, they won't punish you, and they'll understand that just like they had to, you are learning.

plus we all still die at gravi despite doing TA like 9999999 times xD

and grond just sucks for everyone.

Edit: sorry for my crappy grammar and spelling, I'm very tired.

Gravitar takes 15 minutes from queue to mission. TA takes hours. And the only person in the Q Zone at the moment of writing is Spinny. Erk.
    TA doesn't always take hours. On the other hand, it doesn't take 15 minutes. It takes how long it needs to due to the players in it. And while we're on the topic...

OM RUNS AT 5PM SERVER TIME TODAY! COME ON OUT! \O/

P.S.- Sorry for the ad in my comment, Splaid. :)​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Gravitar takes 15 minutes from queue to mission. TA takes hours.
    I believe the discussion of dying was at TA gravitar, which is significantly more powerful than Rampage Gravitar. Neither of those time estimates has much do with reality; Gravitar takes 5m, TA takes 30.
    > @shadowolf505 said:
    > TA doesn't always take hours. On the other hand, it doesn't take 15 minutes. It takes how long it needs to due to the players in it. And while we're on the topic...
    >
    > OM RUNS AT 5PM SERVER TIME TODAY! COME ON OUT! \O/
    >
    > P.S.- Sorry for the ad in my comment, Splaid. :)​​

As long as it’s promoting activity and fun, no harm ^_~. I’m going to try to get public runs going more frequently. Panta started one up last night between cosmics also.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    Aw thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being a bad person is all :)​​
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    TA doesn't always take hours. On the other hand, it doesn't take 15 minutes. It takes how long it needs to due to the players in it. And while we're on the topic...

OM RUNS AT 5PM SERVER TIME TODAY! COME ON OUT! \O/

P.S.- Sorry for the ad in my comment, Splaid. :)​​

I would add it takes how long it needs to+the time to FORM up the players for it, if you're on at a time when there aren't that many people interesting in running it. I would sure as hell never PUG a TA.
    We can get TA down in about 15 minutes with an experienced, very high dmg team. The OMs do scale a lot depending no the # of people there, so you need some pretty experienced people to keep it going smoothly.
    [NbK]XStorm
    We did a run earlier this week that was pretty fun. I think the team was 3 tanks, 4 healers and about 5 dps. Each one took us about 5-6 minutes.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    That's nice, but it's very CO: farm or famine. Not that it's wrong, mind : enjoy if you do, but that type of old school raid content doesn't appeal.
    > @magpieuk2014 said:
    > That's nice, but it's very CO: farm or famine. Not that it's wrong, mind : enjoy if you do, but that type of old school raid content doesn't appeal.

It must appeal to some extent based on the amount of people running cosmics. ((The warzone OMs are basically mini cosmic bosses))
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The reason is that the game is flush with sources of endgame rewards now. The only people who would actually need the rewards from OMs/warzone/TA are very active players who exhaust the easier sources of daily rewards and then still have time to get more.

There are people who are that active, but they're not willing to set the difficulty of the content they're doing from easy to normal, so they'll just do the easy sources on multiple characters. Some of these people can be cajoled into showing up for normal content.

In a way it's a bit of a civil war going on. We, the players who have experience, are trying to convince players that they can do this stuff. Then you have the players that hate this content who are trying to convince players they they can't do this stuff. In the middle you have all the people who could be doing this stuff - some of them get fooled into becoming part of the bitter crowd, and some are shown the truth.

Maybe the bitter crowd is just working harder to get recruits than we are?
  • alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User
    not directly related to topic but...

QUESHUN!: if am hopping around in the QWZ and ppl are trying to do the OM, will my being on the MAP (but away from the OM) affect the difficulty of the OM for those trying to complete it?

am sorta hoping/assuming not, but wanna get it confirmed before i mess around there more whenever

annnnd if i accidentally end up / run past an ongoing OM will my no longer being there shortly after negate my unintentional difficulty increase of that OM?
    alrii wrote: »

QUESHUN!: if am hopping around in the QWZ and ppl are trying to do the OM, will my being on the MAP (but away from the OM) affect the difficulty of the OM for those trying to complete it?

am sorta hoping/assuming not, but wanna get it confirmed before i mess around there more whenever

annnnd if i accidentally end up / run past an ongoing OM will my no longer being there shortly after negate my unintentional difficulty increase of that OM?

It would only effect the OM if you are within a very close range. I've not tested exactly how close but it is somewhere between 100 to 200ft. If you are just passing by and in range to effect the scaling, it would only very briefly effect the scaling. They would not likely notice the change and it would revert back rather swiftly.

╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User
    It would only effect the OM if you are within a very close range. I've not tested exactly how close but it is somewhere between 100 to 200ft. If you are just passing by and in range to effect the scaling, it would only very briefly effect the scaling. They would not likely notice the change and it would revert back rather swiftly.

so kinda like regular OMs, cool; thank you~
    alrii wrote: »

Mostly no, it appears to be about a 150' radius around the boss. At Oubliette and Portal Guardian that typically puts you within the OM area; at Slug you can scale without being in the OM area if you're on the roof but the adjacent towers are generally going to be fine.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Mmmm... what are these significant rewards you speak of? I quit running them because they didn't seem to drop much of interest compared to the time it took. I mean, sure, most of that time is spent gathering the team, but still, time is time.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    Mmmm... what are these significant rewards you speak of? I quit running them because they didn't seem to drop much of interest compared to the time it took.
    It's actually a very fast way to earn SCR. The other drops are fairly uninteresting (qliphotic gear is between merc and heroic in quality, which is handy but not a big deal) other than dark speed which is super-rare.
    They also have a chance to drop pieces of a rare costume set which normally sell upward of 500 globals. The primary gear that drops is excellent for gearing fresh 40s. The most significant reward of course is the SCR. The devices you can unlock from the perks from running them are quite useful also.

It is more rewarding and takes less organization than say the Mega Destroid event in Millennium City.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    Not really about the OMs, but on another note, TA is about the same difficulty as these OMs, and provides even more rewards. But lately, trying to cap rec for my char I'm trying to gear up, I haven't been able to get even one TA going on some days, it's super frustrating, and almost ridiculous. Are there no players out there that want to gear their chars? Or is everyone just being lazy anymore? All available advert channels produce nothing but excess of crickets lately.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »
    Not really about the OMs, but on another note, TA is about the same difficulty as these OMs, and provides even more rewards. But lately, trying to cap rec for my char I'm trying to gear up, I haven't been able to get even one TA going on some days, it's super frustrating, and almost ridiculous. Are there no players out there that want to gear their chars? Or is everyone just being lazy anymore? All available advert channels produce nothing but excess of crickets lately.

Hmmm, I've been seeing quite a few TAs going on. Maybe it's just bad timing?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    The only time i have a hard time filling a TA run is sometimes during cosmics. TA does give the best rewards IMO.

I wonder if the Warzone OMs would see more use if a daily was introduced to reward GCR for completing one of them. It could rotate between them randomly each day.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    I think a big part of it is the "That Person" phenomenon. When somebody nobody really knows says "Hey let's do warzone OMs" then nobody responds. But if somebody like @Splaid mentions doing them, people line up for it because they're well known. Of course, that's how our community has been since endgame was a thing, everyone waiting for a "big name" to show up so they're guaranteed a carry.

My suggestion would be for people to just go nuts and ask about doing OMs all throughout the day. Like just blanket every moment inbetween Cosmics with OM and/or TA callouts.​​
    Oh and in case anyone wants to be like "Why don't you do it", I'm literally doing it right now o3o​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I think a big part of it is the "That Person" phenomenon. When somebody nobody really knows says "Hey let's do warzone OMs" then nobody responds. But if somebody like @Splaid mentions doing them, people line up for it because they're well known. Of course, that's how our community has been since endgame was a thing, everyone waiting for a "big name" to show up so they're guaranteed a carry.​​
    While a reasonable supposition, my experience is that even the publicly announced runs are >50% veterans.
    edited July 2018
    Well I just did a callout for warzone OMs and then we did 3 full rotations lickety split. So uh... yeah, just do that guys, it works. I dunno how many were veterans, I only really recognized like 2 of the names in the group. It probably helps if the person doing the callout is filling a tank or healer role.​​
    Well I just did a callout for warzone OMs and then we did 3 full rotations lickety split. So uh... yeah, just do that guys, it works. I dunno how many were veterans, I only really recognized like 2 of the names in the group. It probably helps if the person doing the callout is filling a tank or healer role.​​

Pretty much the bolded. I think most folks who would want to try to do, just don't want to play healer or tank. To key roles in each of the OMs. But you pretty much have to be one of those roles, especially in non-peak hours, if you are calling out publicly.
    darqaura2 wrote: »

Pretty much the bolded. I think most folks who would want to try to do, just don't want to play healer or tank.
    Well, don't want to, or are not confident in their ability to do so, since messing up in one of those roles is likely to result in a wipe, and people don't want to be that guy who caused everyone to fail.
    darqaura2 wrote: »

Pretty much the bolded. I think most folks who would want to try to do, just don't want to play healer or tank.
    Well, don't want to, or are not confident in their ability to do so, since messing up in one of those roles is likely to result in a wipe, and people don't want to be that guy who caused everyone to fail.

Pretty much what I meant. =)
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Think people are just afraid to try these things cuz either they look scary or players have scared them, why i put the TA example earlier.
    Im sure more people will be willing to try it if we host training runs.
    These have been happening quite frequently the last 2 weeks!

Awesome job and props to people who have taken the time to organize and host!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Heck yea
    These have been happening quite frequently the last 2 weeks!

Awesome job and props to people who have taken the time to organize and host!

Heck yeah! hopefully we get to a point to where the public Eido unlocks get more and more successful in the long run too!​​