test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you like to see them keep the Subcription System?

2»

Comments

• xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yes and Fix Lifetime Subcription with me being able to continue gaining new Character Slots
    slumpywpg wrote: »
    jonsills wrote: »
    I don't think they're excessively concerned about CoT, because that's slipped more launch dates than Virgin Galaxy.

It also looks terrible.

Ya'll sure are because you take every time to talk about it :p. I mean...why talk about it if it's nothing, right :). Point being, worry about your own game

Edit: I'm not saying you're not entitled to an opinion on the matter, that's fine. But it's insanely annoying(remember people saying this game will die in X months?) to hear constantly, even without provocation.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    No
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Ya'll sure are because you take every time to talk about it :p. I mean...why talk about it if it's nothing, right :).

"take every time to talk about it" ...whatever that means, I'm sure it's an exaggeration.

If someone brings it up, people are going to ridicule it, that's just something you need to accept. There were a few people who would absolutely screech about how these games were coming out soon and were going to destroy CO. Ever since then it's a tradition around here to ridicule the idea that those games are coming out soon and are going to be real competition. According to those people we were all gonna be eating crows months ago, but I don't see any feathers on anyone's lips.

If it's 'insanely annoying' to hear 'constantly' then stop using text-to-speech to listen to those posts and just scroll down to the next one anytime you hear mention of the topic, cause it's not going to stop. Also stop imagining that it gets discussed constantly, that'd probably help too.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I came here to ridicule spiritual successors to CoH.

Did I get here in time?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Yes and Fix Lifetime Subcription with me being able to continue gaining new Character Slots
    I came here to ridicule spiritual successors to CoH.

Did I get here in time?

You did. And honestly NONE of them are a real successor to COH. COH was unique for it's time. The same game now probably wouldn't do nearly as well.
  • stealthriderstealthrider Posts: 86 Arc User
    I remember when people used to say CO would/wouldn't kill CoH. And DCUO would/wouldn't kill both.

Truth is, every new game in the genre takes some players from the older ones but mostly gets new players that either didn't touch the others or tried and didn't care for them. It's pointless to speculate in either direction, 'cause both things are true. Older games bleed players when new games come out but new games coming out doesn't mean the death of the older games.

CoT is probably going to be a decent game that'll take players from CO and DCUO. Same with SoH and VO. Unless one of them is just flatly superior in every way (in the same way Fortnite is to PUBG), which is extremely unlikely given the budgets they're working with and the different mechanics each wants to explore, CO is likely not going to be affected much.

The caveat, of course, is that CO has to not alienate its remaining, potential returning and newer playerbase for that to be true. With Cryptic not doing itself any favors in that regard as-yet (pending whatever changes they decide to make to this sub situation), it's a lot less of a sure-thing that CO will be fine when whichever of those games launches. That has nothing to do with how good those games are, though, and is entirely in Cryptic's hands.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    No
    I voted no, because microtransactions are bringing in way more money than the silly subs and yes, even the supposed main money maker, aka. lifetimers (LTS is not the reason the game is getting development). The majority of lifetimers i asked / know, only spent the initial lifetime cost and are ever since going LTS.. living entirely off of the monthly stipend and a horde of Q farming characters, which is detrimental to the health of the game. Anyways, more income equals more development which then translates to better content, highly needed bug / exploit fixes, etc.

Always keep in mind, subscribers aswell as lifetimers are a tiny minority.. and as it usually is with minorities, they scream the loudest in order to put more weight behind their 'not so well thought out' arguments.

p.s.
    if the costume/character slot limit is going to decrease the awful lag, that's going to be great for us all.
    Post edited by colonelwing on
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yes!
    I find that Gold subs spend quite a lot of money on the game, way more than simply paying for their monthly sub. The lifetimers I know are also regular buyers of Zen with real money.

It seems to me that there are a lot of them and they seem to have the money to regularly buy Zen from the website.

I can only speak from the people that I have come across in my years of playing, it's not like I'm going to make silly claims about spending patterns or numbers of what types of subs people have bought, or proportions of subs/LTS compared to silvers without actually having any figures or proof to back me up.

Only the bean counters have that info, I can only speak from my experience
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    No
    I find that Gold subs spend quite a lot of money on the game, way more than simply paying for their monthly sub. The lifetimers I know are also regular buyers of Zen with real money.

It seems to me that there are a lot of them and they seem to have the money to regularly buy Zen from the website.

I can only speak from the people that I have come across in my years of playing, it's not like I'm going to make silly claims about spending patterns or numbers of what types of subs people have bought, or proportions of subs/LTS compared to silvers without actually having any figures or proof to back me up.

Only the bean counters have that info, I can only speak from my experience

Silly my ****. Log on to the game and take a look around,that should be evidence enough.
    Yes!
    Silly my ****. Log on to the game and take a look around,that should be evidence enough.

"evidence" :o

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited June 2018
    No
    So one person experienced one thing, and the other person experienced the opposite. You cancel each other out, which means it's pointless to argue over which one of your anecdotes is more anecdoty o3o like two people arguing if what they saw was a werewolf or a ghost.
    edited June 2018
    Yes!
    spinnytop wrote: »
    So one person experienced one thing, and the other person experienced the opposite.

That's exactly what I was getting at. Glad to see you got it.

spinnytop wrote: »
    ...it's pointless to argue over which one of your anecdotes is more anecdoty o3o like two people arguing if what they saw was a werewolf or a ghost.

It may be pointless in the grand scheme of things, but if it didn't happen, you yourself would likely have less than half of the number of posts that you currently have.
    zrdRBy8.png
    No
    I don't believe in ghosts though, so I know it was a werewolf ~3~
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    Let me weigh in on why I voted the way I did: I think that all that's really needed to be introduced is the premium pack. I mean, one of the biggest draws is the FF slot included with subs(I dunno if premium pack unlocks all ATs, didn't think so, and if not then that too is an additional bonus to sub). You'd essentially have 3 methods of revenue for minimal work, really(barring issues on their end which I'm sure they'd be able to address).

Subs: For people who casually play the game/want to sub every once and awhile while they play
    Premium Pack: One-and-done purchase for new players or people just coming back to essentially "test the water", so to speak, with the perks it includes, however, leaving the avenue open for subbing potentially if they like what they get in the pack/the game
    LTS: Reason's kinda self-explanatory, really. Maybe drop it by a little, especially what with recent reveals at E3(for gamers) and to maybe reduce sticker-shock(for others), but doubt that'll get any traction.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    No
    There may in fact be one extremely broken part of subs that people aren't considering. It is in fact so bad, that I don't think I'm actually allowed to say what it is publicly.
  • xenonomadxenonomad Posts: 15 Arc User
    No
    sterga wrote: »
    The gold sub is still crap. Former gold subs should be grandfathered in and the Premium Pack should have gold slots with those silver ones. LTS can stay. It's still a great deal and you can still spend your stipend for more character slots.​​

I agree there
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    Yes!
    Yes, but I would like to see the Premium Pack also added for Silver players.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg