that looks nice :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Updates: Completed the updated power Chain Lightning
    So I am curious as to the opinions on the current Power Table template. The existing table has all the information relevant to most powers. All powers have activation times, all powers have methods of activation (Click, Maintain, charge, tap, etc..), targeting type, etc..

I am a fan of what you have constructed in order to portray the information here. Also the addition of a gif (which I seemed to have missed) is very welcome!
    xrazamax said:

My question is if more information should be added to these tables. I noticed edits that added in Area of Effect which I initially thought was a binary question as to whether a power was or was not an AoE. The purpose was provide the range of the aoe of a power - 45ft cone, 15ft sphere, whatever the range of the area of affect. Until now, that was included in the "Range" section or under "overview" or "ranks" if ranks affected it.

Additional information seems like a good idea, but the power table could get rather long and cluttered with more additions. Most powers are not AoEs. Most powers do not have Charge or recharge times or a listed duration. These are all good bits of info that should be included on the power page, but what about on the power page template which is for the most part comprised of information ALL powers have (i.e. Energy cost).

So, opinions? Should we include as much information as possible or limit what goes in the table and include the information else where? Or ideas on what to combine into a single section? Or should we have different templates for different powers (AoE, Sigils, Pets?)? The current power table is largely based off the old wiki.

Additional information like that, is perhaps something which should be added to a "Notes" section, which gives more informal information surrounding a power and little quirks it has.

At present the main information surrounding this example, is enough to not be a drag to have to read or understand and has a very helpful and appropriate visual.

A "Notes" section could be added after Images (I'd actually recommend moving the Images section into the Overview section, to encourage the rest of the page to be read)

• Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I changed the Overview section to include a gif in the Chain Lightning page just to see how it looks. It looks weird to have an images section in the overview, so I just put the gif in. I am not sure how I like it, or the fact that there is nothing that is needed to go down in the images section now :p Ideally players would submit images to show off the powers in game but I didn't get a huge response last time.

Update:
    • Finished Sigils of the Storm. If anyone knows an accurate in game duration of the sigils let me know. I don't have anything at the moment beyond timing it myself.
    • Added default parameters to powertable template. Now a simple dash "-" should appear for values where nothing was entered. Also added default parameter of "Blank Power.png" to the power images. That will be the place holder until a power has its icon uploaded. Example (until I update this page! )
    • Updated Two-Gun Mojo since the last up date to the power. Of note... we have numbers for Rank 3 Two-Gun mojo's Bullet Spray advantage even though it is impossible to have rank 3 and the advantage at the same time :D
    Post edited by xrazamax on
  • Options
    My last post was eaten so here is a new one:

UPDATES: Created/altered the following pages
    • Sigils of the Storm
    • Furious (the information here may be incomplete but is accurate as far as I know).
    • Powertable template was altered again. Parameters now have a default dash "-" so that if no parameter is passed in, a simple dash will be shown. No more seeing {{rechar}} for missing parameters!
    • Powertable also has "Blank Power.png" added to the {{image}} parameter as placeholder. There is now a generic Champions logo power for any power that has not had its icon uploaded and put in place.
    • Updated the Two-Gun Mojo page to reflect its most recent updates.
    I made a change to Chain Lightning so the gif demonstration was shown higher on the page. Not sure I like it or not... good point about seeing it earlier making the power more appealing potentially, but I'm not completely sold on it yet haha. The image section would be empty for now and making an image section so early looked a bit odd. I tried to make the image size fit nicely under the powertable, but it still feels slightly out of place.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Updates Created the following pages:
    • Sparkstorm
    • Created a very basic PBAoE description Page.
    • Moved articles categorized as "PBAoE Powers" to category named PBAoE. This is to group PBAoEs in one category, including PBAoE Devices in the future.
    • Started a basic outline for the PVP Section .
  • Options
    narf#9213 narf Posts: 108 Arc User
    The wiki sure has come a long way. But I do have one suggestion. Forgive me if it's already been mentioned, as I haven't read the whole thread, just did a search.

Have you considered putting a responsive template on the wiki site?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Elaborate please. I'm not sure what you mean.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    I think there are wiki vandals around.

I went to the page about Guard, but it talks about Tacoportation and burritos.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Nah, those aren't vandals. At the beggining, when the wiki was first created and had its first power pages created, @chalupaoffury made that old base template. After some time the wiki team has been filling the powers' pages in the time.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    narf#9213 narf Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2017

Elaborate please. I'm not sure what you mean.

As much as I hate to refer to Wikipedia for these kinds of topics, it looks like they've got a pretty decent and concise explanation of responsive web design:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design

In a nutshell: A responsive page is one that resizes and if needed, reorganizes itself, dynamically to fit into the viewport of a web browser. This is different from the old method of having an alternate layout for mobile devices as it also works when resizing the browser window on the desktop or using zoom functions.

Since the wiki has layout templates for the CSS, it should be relatively easy to find a responsive template that works. (Relative being the key term. You may have to make tweaks depending on differences in the templates.) I found at least one on a quick search last night, but forgot the name of it.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Hey guys today I've been adding the new fire stuff for the wiki. Also added a page for the Blazing AT. The only thing missing is the Meteor Blaze power and the new fire power icons.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User

Hey guys today I've been adding the new fire stuff for the wiki. Also added a page for the Blazing AT. The only thing missing is the Meteor Blaze power and the new fire power icons.

• Options
    sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    I was looking over Ice Shard, I think you may want to change this. I think someone is messing with the page - - "Tacoportation"?
  • Options
    sgtken60 said:

I was looking over Ice Shard, I think you may want to change this. I think someone is messing with the page - - "Tacoportation"?

it's a placeholder from template, it means no one ever put the power in, the wiki accepts new writers if you are interested.

• Options
    sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @jasinblaze said:
    > I was looking over Ice Shard, I think you may want to change this. I think someone is messing with the page - - "Tacoportation"?
    >
    > it's a placeholder from template, it means no one ever put the power in, the wiki accepts new writers if you are interested.

Oh okay, I thought someone was messing with it. TY for the info. As far as being a writer, I have just started the game so I am still learning.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    March 7th: March 12th Updates:
    • Fire All Weapons
    • Power Sets page includes information regarding powersets.
    • Added fire powers to the navfirepowers template for easier navigation.
    • Did a little bit of editing on Smoldering - added images, icons, spellcheck (thanks @Crisiswolf for making most of the page in the first place!)
    • Icons added to several powers such as Warmth
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I've begin to make a comprehensive mod page that will list ALL THE MODS in table form. I suggest using anchors from other pages to link to the corresponding sections. The main page still links to the category page, from there you are linked to a section on the Mods Page

Updates: These tables are missing values. If someone could pass them to me I could easily plug them in, but atm I don't have the resources or time to find where each mod drops and what each rank gives.
  • Options
    Updates
    • Added all the utility mods I could find to the Utility mods template and Utility mods section
    • Added all the utility mods I could find to the Offense mods template and Offense mods section
    • Added all the utility mods I could find to the Defense mods template and Defense mods section
    • Made all the table collapsible so you could navigate the page easier. I've left them un-collapsed for now since I think it looks nicer this way, and because the idea is the user will navigate via the welcome page, to the mods category, then to the corresponding section on the Mods page. The mods will be front and center for them to view. Feedback (especially for mobile) on this would be appreciated.
    • Added icons to all the mods
    • @markhawkman Added where to obtain many of the mods. We still need more info on stats and locations of mods.
    • Spruced up the Mods Category page.
  • Options
    Yeah, I legitimately don't know where to find some of them. :/

I know Venomous was part of a Masterkey bundle in the past, but that wasn't the only source. what other source is there?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    My guess? copied from a Cryptic website, possibly one that's not around anymore.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Uploaded @bluhman 's TA guide to the wiki

It is completed for the most part, but I need accurate stats for the villain info boxes.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Recent Updates: If anyone wants to contribute stats so I can plug them in, that'd be nice.

Update March 25th Other legendary gear is available via the Primary offense/defense/utility pages, but each set will have its own page.

Update March 27th
  • Options
    Is there a sample page for individual items? I know there are some for gear and for factions, npcs, some other stuff. However, I'm thinking more along the lines of stuff like Destreum Bearings, mission items, or resource boost. Stuff along those lines.
  • Options
    I don't think we'd ever actually created any of those. We've done lists for things like that.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    How do the Zone pages work? I ask for two reasons. The first is with Lemuria. The interior of the Aegir is in a weird place where while it doesn't have a popup neighborhood name, it has most of the other attributes like a music change and multiple contacts that a simple interiors usually don't. But the bigger issue is QWZ. While I believe that the current wiki zones are extractions from the old Wiki, this does need to be added. Just...how do we set it up?
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    zamuelpwe said:

How do the Zone pages work? I ask for two reasons. The first is with Lemuria. The interior of the Aegir is in a weird place where while it doesn't have a popup neighborhood name, it has most of the other attributes like a music change and multiple contacts that a simple interiors usually don't. But the bigger issue is QWZ. While I believe that the current wiki zones are extractions from the old Wiki, this does need to be added. Just...how do we set it up?

There is a Template for Locations. We also need to update the Locations navigation table footer template. We are also going to possibly need artwork for the QWZ's icon.

Once a QWZ page is created, add it to the Locations page.
    1. Locations
    2. Qliphothic Warzone page using the template
    3. "Neighborhoods" of QWZ using the Neighborhood template. Include it on the QWZ page.
    4. Create individual mission pages in the QWZ using the template. Create a separate page listing all these pages, or just link to a new category [[:Category:Qliphothic Warzone Missions]] and include all the missions in the QWZ with the [[category:Qliphothic Warzone Missions]] tag.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    made a few changes:
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Locations

and a half-empty page:
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Qliphothic_Warzone

Still need:
    finish the list of neighborhoods in QWZ
    icon for the zone,
    maps for the zone
    and yeah, fill out the mission lists
    fill out the perk list.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Where did the icons for the other zones come from?
  • Options
    which specific pictures?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    xrazamax wrote: »

Those were my creation (Ralnautikuus in the list of wiki team/editors)
    Basically, all I did was go to the zone in the game and find the most memorable spots to take screen shots. Cropped the pics and uploaded them.
  • Options
    Also, if you need a template for anything, shoot me an email (technicdragon@gmail.com) or hit me up in the game (@Ralnautikuus)
  • Options
    yvonned wrote: »
    Those were my creation (Ralnautikuus in the list of wiki team/editors)
    Basically, all I did was go to the zone in the game and find the most memorable spots to take screen shots. Cropped the pics and uploaded them.
    Ah, I think we don't have one for the QWZ.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    I will put that one together in the morning. :)
  • Options
    We are also going to possibly need artwork for the QWZ's icon.

i'll try to make one this weekend, i made the original icons
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Guys, thank you for all that you do.

I'm writing to let you know the severity core numbers aren't correct. Rank 8 adds 4.9 percent to severity. Rank 9 adds 5.1 percent.

I spent $25 to learn this last week. I thought I would share.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    If you are sharing R9 Severity mods I'll take one ;D
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    royalflvsh wrote: »
    Guys, thank you for all that you do.

I'm writing to let you know the severity core numbers aren't correct. Rank 8 adds 4.9 percent to severity. Rank 9 adds 5.1 percent.

I spent $25 to learn this last week. I thought I would share.
    As the guy who does that stuff... I don't remember where the old numbers came from.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Jaaz, that would make generosity (and CO) an expensive hobby.

Markhawkman, no worries, brother. Maybe they were nerfed. I was understandably disappointed, though. I thought I'd save my fellow players $25 bucks. $50 when its not on sale.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I fail to see the problem here ;)

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Markhawkman, no worries, brother. Maybe they were nerfed. I was understandably disappointed, though. I thought I'd save my fellow players $25 bucks. $50 when its not on sale.
    Oh wait... You're talking about the antiquated relics.... I think maybe the numbers changed when Kais added them to the GCR store. In the old days they went from rank 1 to 5, now it's 1 to 9.

Wait that can't be it. You were talking about the rank 8 and 9 versions. Kais may have done a second balance pass though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I had planned to do more QWZ stuff got sidetracked by work and other things. However, I did take a few zone screenshots when I was gathering info if you think they're usable. I still plan to try to get mission info done but it may take a while.

MxhAtWV.jpg

6XQDXB0.jpg
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options

Oh wait... You're talking about the antiquated relics.... I think maybe the numbers changed when Kais added them to the GCR store. In the old days they went from rank 1 to 5, now it's 1 to 9.

Wait that can't be it. You were talking about the rank 8 and 9 versions. Kais may have done a second balance pass though.

Markhawkman, this is definitely new information. I just upgraded a couple of weeks ago when the sale was on.
  • Options
    what are all the numbers you have?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    wiki was down some today, there were several national outages. all is good.
  • Options
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    I had planned to do more QWZ stuff got sidetracked by work and other things. However, I did take a few zone screenshots when I was gathering info if you think they're usable. I still plan to try to get mission info done but it may take a while.

MxhAtWV.jpg

6XQDXB0.jpg

The easiest way to capture any info from the game is to get an app/sw that will take screenshots and save them. Something that works in the background because screenshots in game will only capture characters and environment, not controls or info boxes. I use a program called Snapper.

And the images are great!
  • Options
    soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    yvonned wrote: »
    The easiest way to capture any info from the game is to get an app/sw that will take screenshots and save them. Something that works in the background because screenshots in game will only capture characters and environment, not controls or info boxes. I use a program called Snapper.

You can also the in-game command /screenshot_ui as well.

Do people want a separate page for Valerian Scarlet as a contact? I ask mostly because she uses a different costume as one.
  • Options
    Maybe just have a subsection for the other Val? It's not a different character, just different look.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    > @soundsrisky said:
    >
    > Do people want a separate page for Valerian Scarlet as a contact? I ask mostly because she uses a different costume as one.

Personally, I would build the villain page as the main one for her, and a second page for Valarian Scarlet (Contact) with links between the the two. This way all the data for her two 'aspects' are complete and contained.