test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180427.16 - Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2018 in PTS - The Archive
Misc
  • Addressed an issue with players being unable to get past the patcher if they updated to a recent windows update.

Nemesis
  • Fixed a bug where a phase in the alert was causing a massive dodge debuff to be applied.
  • Increased Nemesis Recognition rewards to 4 (from 3).
  • Added a small pause in the initial waves of Nemesis in the hallway.
  • Fixed a bug where multiple reward types could be granted.
  • Fixed a bug where rewards would be granted on a failed run.
  • Fixed a bug where the daily mission could not be turned in.
  • Fixed a bug where the Action Figures cost old Nemesis tokens.
  • Fixed a bug where the Shadow Oblivion perk was not displaying a count.
​​

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    PTS is working well with windows 10 build 1803. After the windows update the video driver is downgraded as posted in the news section, so it's needed to update your video driver.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Question: What is going to happen with the Old Vigilance Mission?
    All my characters in live have the Old missions which didn't got updated to include the new alert
    Is that mission officially retired? should I discard it and take the new one?

I can wait until the Warlord alert to test if the mission can still be completed and be turned in for rewards but I don't want to end with the dissapointment of a broken mission (Reference to the original Cosmic Beatdown which after being replaced couldn't be awarded by the NPC)​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    on PTS, it had it's completion status automatically reset as the game automatically replaced the mission.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    There appears to be a bug on LIVE with the mob spawning, this happens typically when there are multiple deaths on the first foray into the room where the consoles are.

Mobs repeatedly spawn after the first death and then do not stop multiplying and have a giant aggro radius (entire room runs to the door when you stand in the door way). This makes that entire phase, incredibly obnoxious, a lot more so than it should be, since I've been on runs where this doesn't happen.

After some time of disengaging they completely vanish though and either do not return or only one single enemy from each corner of the room spawns.

I'm not entirely sure what is causing this, but I note this usually happens when the team die at various points during that first phase post corridor ambush.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I've noticed something like what raven is talking about. Now and then an alert will seem like the turret area spawns went into hardcore mode and it seems like I'm being swarmed extra hard, like even beyond having the entire first room aggro'd. Normally I can hold the entire room and survive, but in this case I was being overwhelmed pretty handily.

The spawns in general seem to be inconsistent in a few ways. Sometimes on the turret floor it seems like the spawn rate becomes really slow compared to other times, and during the nem fight sometimes spawns keep coming, sometimes spawns get really slow/sparse, and sometimes they stop entirely.

It almost feels like different minion types have different spawn behaviors? I haven't actually tested to see if these phenomena are consistent between minion types though. The only thing I can offer is that I know that electric minions were involved in the hyper-mode spawns on the turret floor several times. Initially it made me think that electric minions were extra dangerous, but now I think it might just be the hyper-mode spawning.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I can confirm that I've seen this too. Saw it with electric as a power type but I've also seen it with Undead as an enemy type. Burning Lackeys have seemed pretty consistent with their spawns.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    ^ I have experienced this as well - Burning Lackeys and Frozen Minions that I can recall for sure. Saw nothing yesterday, however (will keep an eye out).

Also: Super-strong minions (throwing rocks) in large(r) numbers, seem to be causing frame drops but I don't know it's related to this mega-spawn phenomena.
    Hyper-spawns would certainly make any FPS issue related to rock debris much worse.
    edited May 2018
    BUG: Super Speed and Super Jump sink like a rock in STE's zero G.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    ^ Happened again (twice in a row) w/: Robots/Electricity and Insectoids/Might – not seeing a pattern there w/ minion types.

However: in both runs (and previous ones, IIRC) – I noticed that teammates kept retreating back into the hallway and tried to DPS from there. EDIT: Other players I spoke with believe that camping inside the hall / luring adds through the door is what keeps them from multiplying / eliminates the “extras”. :confused:
    Post edited by spordelia on
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    BUG: Super Speed and Super Jump sink like a rock in STE's zero G.
    I wonder if this is related to the similar bug with Low-G where it causes hovering players to slowly sink for no reason?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Is anyone getting knocked off the platform while you are blocking? Sometime I swear I have been continuously blocking and still been knocked off to the electrified floor.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Only happens to me when I block late or released block too soon.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Sometimes there's a bit of delay for the repel check. Like half a second after the bubble dissapears. Personally I had it happen that if I drop block as soon as bubble goes down I get attracted but not knocked back.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Sometimes there's a bit of delay for the repel check. Like half a second after the bubble dissapears. Personally I had it happen that if I drop block as soon as bubble goes down I get attracted but not knocked back.
    Yes, I've had that happen as well, the repel check timing seems generally a bit glitchy.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I only get knocked off if I press the wrong button like a dummy or if my finger slips off the block key.

lezard21 wrote: »

What you need to be looking at is the core. It flashes when the repel happens. If you drop block before the attack happens of course you're gonna get hit by it >:T
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Pretty certain the core first pulls in energy and then unleashes half a second(?) later, so yes you're supposed to keep blocking for a bit longer.
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    From what I've been able to see, most of my attention usually focused on keeping my toon alive; the wireframe bubble goes up, there's a draw in VFX and the bubble collapses, right after that is the pull, then repel. All happening within like two seconds. At least it seems to me.

It kind of seems like Dino's hold attack to me. If you block right when you see the bubble and hold until after the repel you should be alright. If you try to block at the last second before the wireframe bubble collapses, then you'll either be blown off the platform, or at least pulled a moment.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Is anyone getting knocked off the platform while you are blocking? Sometime I swear I have been continuously blocking and still been knocked off to the electrified floor.

On live, I have been blocking constantly, prior to the 'tell', and still get thrown off the top. I am not sure if there is a power/aura combo that is to blame, or if certain minion powersets are more likely to corrupt your block, but in alerts where it happens, it usually happens a LOT, suggesting to me that there is an external reason for it, especially because I have already eliminated block-timing as an issue by being blocked in advance of the tell.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    I don't understand they can have stuff drop that only that player can pick up so why not do this for the nemesis drop. Would fix the whole issue.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    I don't understand they can have stuff drop that only that player can pick up so why not do this for the nemesis drop. Would fix the whole issue.

Seems to me that the nemeses system as a whole is a ton more complicated in programming than it would seem for us; so it's likely not an easy solution as it would appear to be.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    As stated in the release notes we are aware of it. We are actively looking into the problem, but we don't have any sort of ETA on when it will be fixed.​​
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    The Brainscrambler pistol that's been brought back as a Nemesis Reconition reward only has bullet sounds instead of its original laser sounds. Is this a bug or are the bullet sounds and visuals working as intended?
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    It will take on whatever sound the power uses. This is just a weapon skin, not a power replacer.​​
This discussion has been closed.