test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do those passive damage boost mods work?

redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
So I have a ton of those passive damage boost mods laying around. (kiga wrath, rippers rage, etc) How do they actually work?

1: Are they temporary, ie, once the 100 seconds is up, do you toss them? Or is there some kind of cooldown/reset?

1a: If they are use and toss, is it worth fusing and upgrading something that will only be useful for less then 2 min?

2: After slotting, how do you activate/deactivate them them? What if you have two in the same gear? Can you put them in cosmic secondaries?

3: Are they actually useful/valuable? Do people use them and buy them on the AH? Or it it vendor bait.

thanks

Answers

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    1. It's a permanent boost
    2. It's a Passive, all you need is to equip the gear you have slotted it into, yes they can be slotted on Cosmic Secondaries (Important: same utility mods do not stack)
    3. Yes are essential for both Endgame DPS and TANK builds, NOT a vendor trash​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Two Words,
    Grind Bait.

But if you want to squeeze more damage out then yes you could farm for them, You don't need them, depends if you care more about chasing and compensating with bigger numbers on your computer screen. :disappointed:
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    What are those ones which make 20% of your pre-mitigation damage reduce your stealth (or something)? What do they do?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

What are those ones which make 20% of your pre-mitigation damage reduce your stealth (or something)? What do they do?

They reduce your threat generation, but you're almost always going to be better off just giving your dps a threat wipe.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Any person that's serious about their characters will always have one or more very high ranked mods of these types. It's a huge boost to the performance, and you really do need them to get into a place where you can get the most of your equipment.
    [NbK]XStorm